Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2008, 09:16 AM   #51
Johnny Hughes
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: West Texas
Posts: 2,144
Re: Brandi's Curious BTOC Revelation To Me

I really admire David Sklansky for his total support of free speech. It is pretty much unprecedented in American writing for the owner of a large publication.web site to allow other people to insult him, most with no proper reason. How can someone come into a Brandi thread and post long messages against reading or posting in a Brandi threads???

Brandi sent me some PMs which I will not share. I was glad to hear the news that she doesn't really know BTOC. He is the last tough guy left. All the other tough guys are dead or in the pen.

I also respect David for keeping Brandi's confidence. People do want to know what she has to say. However, she has to keep quiet because she has been accused of a crime. David said that much earlier.

Johnny Hughes
Johnny Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:43 AM   #52
ChrisV
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 40,378
Re: Brandi's Curious BTOC Revelation To Me

guys it isnt brandi anymore its naami

get with the times
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:45 AM   #53
SneakyFerret
Pooh-Bah
 
SneakyFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ma-yo Days Be Sunny
Posts: 4,885
Re: Brandi's Curious BTOC Revelation To Me

SneakyFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:10 AM   #54
ELCowboy
old hand
 
ELCowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Check/Raising into the nuts.
Posts: 1,201
Re: Brandi's Curious BTOC Revelation To Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Sklansky View Post
I usually don't respond to these criticisms but in this case I will. Because those criticisms are completely moronic. Hundreds of people have followed this situation and have commented about and written to BOTC. Without any goading from me. This new piece of information would undoubtedly interest some of them and they might want to comment on it. In my conversation with Brandi I certainly wasn't trying to entice her to say something I could post here. I assummed the whole conversation would remain private. But when she made that BTOC remark it seemed interesting enough (yet far enough away from the other subjects) that I'd figure I'd ask her if I could post it.

The bottom line is this. Whether we are talking about Brandi or chocolate ice cream cones. If I have something to say that I think 100 people would like to read and 1000 people have no interest in reading, I'm going to post it. Given the fact that those 100 people will get several minutes of enjoyment while the 1000 people, at worst endure a few seconds of irritation, its an easy decision.
DS: "Oh, so you ARE a whore? Do you mind if I post that?
BH: "No, it's fine. ldo"

/sarcasm


Just because someone gives you permission to post it, doesn't mean you should. I don't think this was really any new news to report. No one really thought BTOC had that much contact with her in the first place, at least I never did. Posting this is analagous to a Ric Romero report.

/my .02
ELCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:35 AM   #55
shippinit
enthusiast
 
shippinit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 81
Re: Brandi's Curious BTOC Revelation To Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Sklansky View Post
The bottom line is this. Whether we are talking about Brandi or chocolate ice cream cones. If I have something to say that I think 1 person would like to read and 1000000 people have no interest in reading, I'm going to post it. Given the fact that the 1 person will get several minutes of enjoyment while the 1000000 people, at worst endure a few hours of mind numbing pain, its an easy decision.
FYP

Rough translation:
I'm makin mad money off teh web hits yo!
shippinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:40 AM   #56
dlorc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
dlorc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Obtaining Bacon
Posts: 9,572
Re: Brandi's Curious BTOC Revelation To Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Hughes View Post
I really admire David Sklansky for his total support of free speech. It is pretty much unprecedented in American writing for the owner of a large publication.web site to allow other people to insult him, most with no proper reason.
You do realise that there are tons of things you are banned from posting on 2p2?

inline horse porn for example, coaching offers, commercial solitication etc etc.

Its not exactly "total support" of free speech.

Ok the horse porn I understand but people have been banned for their point of view expressed on 2p2.
dlorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:44 AM   #57
Bulletproof Monk
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bulletproof Monk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Best in the world at what I do
Posts: 22,218
Re: Brandi's Curious BTOC Revelation To Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
The only way for this Brandi **** to go away would be to quit posting in these threads. Just cuz Sklansky made the thread everyone feels obligated to post in it? Only a complete moron would post in a Brandi thread. Get a life and do something besides posting in one of these threads. EVeryone I see in a Brandi thread automatically loses respect from me period.
if this is on the level i think its on this post is awesome.
Bulletproof Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:51 AM   #58
Ultim8Degen
banned
 
Ultim8Degen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Capucine FTW
Posts: 1,967
Re: Brandi's Curious BTOC Revelation To Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Sklansky View Post
I usually don't respond to these criticisms but in this case I will. Because those criticisms are completely moronic. Hundreds of people have followed this situation and have commented about and written to BOTC. Without any goading from me. This new piece of information would undoubtedly interest some of them and they might want to comment on it. In my conversation with Brandi I certainly wasn't trying to entice her to say something I could post here. I assummed the whole conversation would remain private. But when she made that BTOC remark it seemed interesting enough (yet far enough away from the other subjects) that I'd figure I'd ask her if I could post it.

The bottom line is this. Whether we are talking about Brandi or chocolate ice cream cones. If I have something to say that I think 100 people would like to read and 1000 people have no interest in reading, I'm going to post it. Given the fact that those 100 people will get several minutes of enjoyment while the 1000 people, at worst endure a few seconds of irritation, its an easy decision.
just once...... ONCE, i wish David would not reduce the sum of a situation into a math equation.
Ultim8Degen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:19 AM   #59
Zetack
Pooh-Bah
 
Zetack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,859
Re: Brandi's Curious BTOC Revelation To Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffysean View Post
You know, David... I had just commented about how the whole "Brandi" phenom was over, and that it has run its course.

I hate to be critical of you in this case, but it's you blatantly shilling yourself out for attention, and hits at this point. I really hope that the rest of the 2+2 community doesn't validate your constant "One Brandi post ever 3-5 days as needed for traffic" posting.

Gee, David, I can't believe BTOC is full of crap. Gee David, I can't believe that you felt the need to post that here like people are clamouring to learn about Brandi's next mark. Stop playing into it, and it will go away.

SSS
I really couldn't care less how many hits 2plus2 gets as long as it gets enough to be profitable so they keep the site going. Say that number is x. I don't give a damn whether the number of hits is x + one or x plus five hundred million. And I'm not clear on why you seem to care either.

So D.S. posts something of some (albeit minor) interest, and sometimes posts things that seem intended to just provoke. Why do I care if his "real" motivation is to generate webhits? More to the point, why do you? You apparently find what he posts interesting enough to read and respond to. As do I for that matter.

Ok sure, if he starts trying to generate webhits by posting inanities like, "hey, woke up this morining and had a big bowel movement first thing...just thought NVG would want to know!" I will sign on to your complaint. But until he does, I don't care about his reasons for posting if he posts things I find interesting enough to read about.

As a minor tidbit in the Brandi saga, this qualifies, imo.
Zetack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:22 AM   #60
UnlikelyPoker
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 33
Re: Brandi's Curious BTOC Revelation To Me

Regarding BTOC: I have little doubt whatsoever that Brandi has been posted the vast majority of text under this account. Beyond the obvious timing and clear motivation, there are several similarities between Brandi and BTOC's writing style.

The man identified for the BTOC account may well exist and Brandi may well have obtained permission to use his identity to validate his existence. But I find it extremely preposterous that a martial artist executive would suddenly find a new interest in internet poker forums as the soul defense of Brandi -- with an added need to verify his existence and superiority as well for credibility.

As I predicted before, and as I predict now -- I believe it is only a matter of time until the BTOC account is abandoned. Sure, the person posting under it could make a vain attempt to prove this prediction wrong, but I doubt they will. One thing I'd lay odds for -- there will certainly not be any regular posting from this account in to the future.

Regarding DS: Honestly, I'm not sure why anyone would complain David's post on this subject. In order to get to this thread, you have to go to twoplustwo.com -> into the forums -> then into News, Views, and Gossip -> then select this specific thread. It isn't as though he is splashing this on the front page or making a global announcement. If he posted it under something vague like, "thought you guys should know this..." and then surprise! It is another Brandi thread, that would be valid too. But this is far and away selective reading from where I sit.

Since lurking on this forum, I've come to be impressed with how much DS is both tolerant of criticism and outright character attacks, as well as open about his motivations. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of things I disagree with him on. And I'm sure he's perfectly happy that the Brandi story and his relationship with it is generating traffic, but that doesn't invalidate his motivation in sharing it for however many people are actually interested. Why couldn't he have this motivation in addition to that of generating traffic for the website? Is it really that likely that his only interest is to make money through this update?

Thus, we are left with the odd irony that the majority of posts in this thread will be the debate as to David's motivations as opposed to the subject matter itself. Thus bumping the thread again and again, yet adding little value to its substance.

If you don't like the Brandi saga -- don't participate it its volume.
UnlikelyPoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:25 AM   #61
PokerBob
banned
 
PokerBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: thank you all for choosing lhe
Posts: 19,675
Re: Brandi's Curious BTOC Revelation To Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimprexel View Post
I actually hope one day she is some how able to love and respect herself and value friendships and the people that love and care for her.
Please name one person who genuinely loves and cares for her.
PokerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:16 PM   #62
Ganjasaurus Rex
adept
 
Ganjasaurus Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 907
Re: Brandi's Curious BTOC Revelation To Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by apefish View Post
QFClarity



edit: qft= quoted for truth.
Quite f**king true.
Ganjasaurus Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:33 PM   #63
kleath
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kleath's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: #teamfred
Posts: 10,245
Re: Brandi's Curious BTOC Revelation To Me

lol @ this not resorting to violence yet, brandon how you gonna be such a *****? It's obvious why brandi selects the guys she does, she knows they're too pussy to actually do anything to her even after she pulls all the bs.
kleath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:34 PM   #64
JennFox
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: bat country
Posts: 4,201
Re: Brandi's Curious BTOC Revelation To Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Hughes View Post
I really admire David Sklansky for his total support of free speech. It is pretty much unprecedented in American writing for the owner of a large publication.web site to allow other people to insult him, most with no proper reason. How can someone come into a Brandi thread and post long messages against reading or posting in a Brandi threads???

Brandi sent me some PMs which I will not share. I was glad to hear the news that she doesn't really know BTOC. He is the last tough guy left. All the other tough guys are dead or in the pen.

I also respect David for keeping Brandi's confidence. People do want to know what she has to say. However, she has to keep quiet because she has been accused of a crime. David said that much earlier.

Johnny Hughes


i completely agree. david has his own purposes for putting up these threads, very little of which actually have to do with brandi. this is HIS website, and he may do with it as he wishes. all the haters out there just dont understand where david is coming from, even though he has explained it SEVERAL times.

johnny, i sincerely hope that one day you have the personal opportunity to invite brandi into your own home. i hope you spend hours, nay MONTHS!!, listening to her stories or woe, i hope you help her out EVERY time she asks you for help, i hope you stand by her when she burns bridge after bridge, and i hope you yourself can continue to defend her the way you have here even after she makes a mockery of your kindness. (btw, im talking about what she did to ME) then we will see what you are really made of, mr hughes.

before she destroyed our friendship with her lies, i was defending her on here (ALONE) and I remember having a LONG conversation with her explaining why she should never ever post in these threads (and funnily enough, i repeatedly said "its -ev for you"). it has NOTHING to do with the crime. if shes worried NOW about being careful with this crime, then shes a moron. BUT this much i know about brandi; she canNOT help herself. so she had btoc post for her. of COURSE she denies knowing him personally. if you were standing in a rainstorm and she wanted to go on a picnic, i guarantee you she would do her damndest to convince you it actually wasnt raining.
JennFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:34 PM   #65
ALLEN BOND
adept
 
ALLEN BOND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: purgatory
Posts: 787
Re: Brandi's Curious BTOC Revelation To Me

Sklansky, you write like a total nerd, on top of that, who cares....
ALLEN BOND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:37 PM   #66
JennFox
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: bat country
Posts: 4,201
Re: Brandi's Curious BTOC Revelation To Me

btw johnny, she met me and befriended me through pm's too. just a heads up. shes not a bad writer... i wish i could show you some of the ones i have so you could witness a true compare/contrast.
JennFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:42 PM   #67
HoLLLLLaments
grinder
 
HoLLLLLaments's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 399
Re: Brandi's Curious BTOC Revelation To Me

"if you were standing in a rainstorm and she wanted to go on a picnic, i guarantee you she would do her damndest to convince you it actually wasnt raining."


you use to be my least favourite poster. you have recently become one of my favourite posters
HoLLLLLaments is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:45 PM   #68
CigarMike
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Calif.
Posts: 822
Re: Brandi's Curious BTOC Revelation To Me

I will NOT open anymore Brandi threads...
I will NOT open anymore Brandi threads...
I will NOT open anymore Brandi threads...
I will NOT open anymore Brandi threads...

DOH !?!?!?!
CigarMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:50 PM   #69
JennFox
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: bat country
Posts: 4,201
Re: Brandi's Curious BTOC Revelation To Me

this is very ldo but, when brandi says "i dont mind if you post it", it actually means "i WANT you to post this FOR me, kthx"
JennFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:50 PM   #70
CardSharpCook
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
CardSharpCook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: kingputtlv
Posts: 12,342
Re: Brandi's Curious BTOC Revelation To Me

I find this interesting and all, but aren't we being a little naive if we accept this as fact? "Brandi says..." just doesn't hold much credibility. Given how little I actually know (and I've been following all this, popcorn in hand) about the situation I really can't say if it is better than 50/50 that she HASN'T actually met BTOC. Wasn't there some speculation that BTOC was one of the ones that helped clean Brandon out? Might a "logical" explanation be that for some reason Brandi feels that it would be best if the world believes that she doesn't actually know BTOC? If I were making the line to answer the question "Has Brandi Met BTOC?" I'd set it at -120(no)/+100(yes).
CardSharpCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:54 PM   #71
JMurder3
not god, probably jebus
 
JMurder3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In ya 4L, LLSNL, TWSS & POG.
Posts: 51,774
Re: Brandi's Curious BTOC Revelation To Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
The only way for this Brandi **** to go away would be to quit posting in these threads. Just cuz Sklansky made the thread everyone feels obligated to post in it? Only a complete moron would post in a Brandi thread. Get a life and do something besides posting in one of these threads. EVeryone I see in a Brandi thread automatically loses respect from me period.
Well if you can't respect yourself, who can you respect???? haha

This Brandi stuff is funny, and amusing. It is not particularly important in the general scheme of things, except for the people who she screwed over (for which this is neither funny, nor amusing). I'm pretty sure people who open and read threads that they claim to have no interest in and think are worthless are far worse than people who are amused by these things.

There are 1000s of posts on this site, read one of them perhaps if you aren't interested in Brandi? There's strategy forums, life topics, movie reviews, and discussions of all things not-Brandi. Just chilllllllllll. No one makes you read this stuff.

Last edited by JMurder3; 01-29-2008 at 12:55 PM. Reason: missed a word imo
JMurder3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:59 PM   #72
areaman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
areaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 13,213
Re: Brandi's Curious BTOC Revelation To Me

i always thought qft meant quit ****ing talking...thank god thats been cleared up
areaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:00 PM   #73
Cat
old hand
 
Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Adding it to the pile...
Posts: 1,455
Re: Brandi's Curious BTOC Revelation To Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinkinFlicka View Post
David, this is a waste of your time.

Please focus your time on the definitive work for pl pineapple hi/lo.

And please do not just give some half hearted mention of shorthanded strategy, go in depth.

Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:11 PM   #74
MikeyPatriot
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MikeyPatriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sack Mike Goldberg
Posts: 11,891
Re: Brandi's Curious BTOC Revelation To Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Hughes View Post
I really admire David Sklansky for his total support of free speech. It is pretty much unprecedented in American writing for the owner of a large publication.web site to allow other people to insult him, most with no proper reason. How can someone come into a Brandi thread and post long messages against reading or posting in a Brandi threads???
LOL David has definitely locked or deleted threads on whims. You give him too much credit, imo.

Edit: From the horse's mouth:

"Yes of course I delete threads that question me. I'm known for that."

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/se...earchid=915350
MikeyPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:39 PM   #75
Oski
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Oski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Anti-Vermin Seed
Posts: 13,261
Re: Brandi's Curious BTOC Revelation To Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Hughes View Post
I really admire David Sklansky for his total support of free speech. It is pretty much unprecedented in American writing for the owner of a large publication.web site to allow other people to insult him, most with no proper reason. How can someone come into a Brandi thread and post long messages against reading or posting in a Brandi threads???

Brandi sent me some PMs which I will not share. I was glad to hear the news that she doesn't really know BTOC. He is the last tough guy left. All the other tough guys are dead or in the pen.

I also respect David for keeping Brandi's confidence. People do want to know what she has to say. However, she has to keep quiet because she has been accused of a crime. David said that much earlier.

Johnny Hughes
Ironically, David erased the first and best "Brandi" thread.
Oski is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive