Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2017, 06:37 PM   #126
GrindBox
centurion
 
GrindBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 162
Re: Best drug/drugs to use for grinding? (legally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uradoodooface View Post
Meditation will help with both of those. Keep on going back to your little for profit doctor tho that make money off of you downing them pills.


Really it's quite sad that people have been brainwashed into taking drugs for things that can be dealt with thru a little training. It's rather pathetic how our culture throws pills at everything. Go on being a ****ing pillhead if you wanna tho you dumb ****.
mind if I see your PHD in psychology? seems like youre very sure of yourself so I'm assuming you have a PHD you failed to mention?

I agree that doctors prescribe just about anything way too easy nowadays but don't tell me what will or will not help me with my adhd like you know it as fact. fyi I gave mediation a decent shot (and still use it) and though it helped slightly it was nowhere near a very significant difference or anything, felt more like a placebo to me tbh. you dont know what youre talking about but you seem so sure of yourself lol, Im going to assume youre not very good at poker seeing how you presented your opinion... take your head out your ass and learn to offer more than just emotional banter when stating an opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by uradoodooface View Post
If you use a drug to deal with anxiety after humans have spent 1000s of ****ing years dealing with it with training techniques that you're a ****ing slave. STep your game up and stop getting down with for profit drug pushers. I've dealt with anxiety on levels most havn't dealt with, if you take a drug then you're a ***** made hominid. Neuroplasticity is the key for mental disease.

Rewire your brain for better emotional habits or be a slave.....





The fact that this society is so keen on making you a drug dependent ape sickens me and you need to step your mental game up.
please tell me here your sob story of how youve "dealt with anxiety on levels most havn't dealt with", you dont know anything about me so you assuming your problems are worse than other makes me think youre in fact the one whos bitchmade. Also humans have been dying for 1000s of years from now curable diseases, so if you ever get one of these diseases don't bother seeing a doctor... just meditate and it will work itself out, damn hippy
GrindBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 07:30 PM   #127
p2 dog, p2
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,020
Re: Best drug/drugs to use for grinding? (legally)

light masturbation to raise dopamine levels(no climax)
p2 dog, p2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:01 PM   #128
H0RUS
veteran
 
H0RUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Liquor n the Front Poker n the back
Posts: 3,214
Re: Best drug/drugs to use for grinding? (legally)

^ pro tip
H0RUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:23 PM   #129
GrindBox
centurion
 
GrindBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 162
Re: Best drug/drugs to use for grinding? (legally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uradoodooface View Post
Meditation will help with both of those. Keep on going back to your little for profit doctor tho that make money off of you downing them pills.


Really it's quite sad that people have been brainwashed into taking drugs for things that can be dealt with thru a little training. It's rather pathetic how our culture throws pills at everything. Go on being a ****ing pillhead if you wanna tho you dumb ****.
just wanted to add on to this cause theres a fair amount of bs theory flying around about how 'adhd isn't real', but surprisingly you never hear this from accredited doctors. I didn't expect this to come from someone in a poker forum but I guess your stupidity is just the variance, let me break it down for you a bit barney style.

Having a mental disorder isn't like having cancer or HIV, its not so black and white. It helps to think of it more like a spectrum.

For arguments sake assume an average IQ of 100 and assume that you can increase your IQ through drugs or by natural means. Now in order to keep up to par with societies demands/to have a closer to fair shot at meeting your goals in life you obviously wanna be closer to average given that youre bellow it. Now obviously taking drugs isnt good so if your iq was 90-95 you may opt to increase through natural means only. This doesn't mean though that there arent people on the lower end of the spectrum.

Adhd has many aspects to it but the most common one is attention spam, you can see where I'm going with this. If avg is 5 hours and youre 4 hours its not a big deal, but when youre 2-3 hours its more serious.

Yes prescription drugs are big business and theyre being way over-prescribed and given to people who don't really need it I won't argue that, but youre an idiot if you think that stuff like anxiety/adhd/sleep disorders don't exist or that everyone should be able to cope with it naturally. And given how these disorders are diagnosed and the fact that its a business obviously means theyre going to over prescribe these drugs, but **** outta here with that hippy BS of "hey man lets just meditate and give off good vibes and everything will be alright man". If only they had a drug to open up your narrow-ass mind
GrindBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:16 AM   #130
drowski
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 737
Re: Best drug/drugs to use for grinding? (legally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio View Post
If you play under the influence of anything it will negatively impact your game.

If your feeling nervous just have a drink to loosen up.
I just went thru the hassle of recovering my password just to comment on how laughably contradictory this statement is.

Alcohol is a drug and puts you under the influence just like any other drug
drowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:25 PM   #131
RussellinToronto
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,764
Re: Best drug/drugs to use for grinding? (legally)

Androgen supplements for the aging male ...
RussellinToronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 02:29 PM   #132
6471849653
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: EU
Posts: 1,616
Re: Best drug/drugs to use for grinding? (legally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowski View Post
I just went thru the hassle of recovering my password just to comment on how laughably contradictory this statement is.

Alcohol is a drug and puts you under the influence just like any other drug
It is just a game of knowledge. Caffeine is good when feeling down in energy or awareness (you will likely learn what that state is like).

Taking a drink, it is pretty common in life (seen the old movies?). Staying a little bit drunk, maybe it works in this game of knowledge.

I prefer to be as clear as possible, but considering my many long sessions/weeks in the past, and not only in poker, it doesn't seem to matter, one getting more intuitive to replace some lacks in accuracy.

If a drink or so gives one anything comparable in this game of knowledge, then maybe it can also work, but as I don't drink, I can only guess.

I did once took a melatonin pill (the opposite of a stimulant) and then decided to play, and although I felt clear when not playing, I was clearly not clear when playing.

Some of the time my head is not clear when playing (tillt will also work similarly, although it can additionally make one to make bad decisions even in this game of knowledge), and it cuts off what I will see and can put together at the table, that results in worse decisions. Any drug that leads to that, unlikely is good for EV.

And by the way, I think this is a game of experience, just to counter the opposite argument with a similarly absurd view.
6471849653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 04:38 PM   #133
KennyJPowers
old hand
 
KennyJPowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,248
Re: Best drug/drugs to use for grinding? (legally)

I'm pretty sure that a lot of people who play poker live for a living are using some sort of substance but i would be willing to bet the the best players rely on nothing that could cloud there judgement. After playing a certain amount of live poker you kind of become used to it and its just like any other profession.
People who are anxious types look for something to settle their nerves like beta blockers or Benzo's, people who are bored easily look for something to help them focus like Ritalin or Speed. But having the ability to be in the middle and neither nervous or apathetic is a skill in itself.
KennyJPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:21 PM   #134
p2 dog, p2
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,020
Re: Best drug/drugs to use for grinding? (legally)

I think it would only make sense to use all drugs OP, don't limit yourself. Shrooms, that way when u look at the villain, you mistake him for Homer Simpson. Alcohol, because you will want to fight Homer. The weed, to calm down and chill bro, beat Homer in the hand, not with your hand. Cocaine, because it's a hell of a drug. heroin to numb the bad beat pain. light masturbation, because it feels good and keeps the dopamine levels up as stated(no climax).
p2 dog, p2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 03:18 AM   #135
H0RUS
veteran
 
H0RUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Liquor n the Front Poker n the back
Posts: 3,214
Re: Best drug/drugs to use for grinding? (legally)

I agree. You can't say you know what works best for you if you do not try everything, scientific method (no climax).
H0RUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 03:47 AM   #136
Turbulenc3
veteran
 
Turbulenc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Waiting for a train...
Posts: 2,077
Re: Best drug/drugs to use for grinding? (legally)

As someone who has taken ritalin for 2 years and plays poker most days:

Don't be so quick to seek medication.

Read "Perfect Health Diet." It is the best, most thorough, most scientific book on diet out there. No feel-player broscience or biased BS. If i had to recommend one nonfiction book to a random person out of anything I've ever read to a random it would be this.

It's at least worth considering examining and modifying what's going into your body and how that impacts your energy/focus/mood/sleep etc before resorting to addictive medications.

I talked some about my experience with ritalin on Joey's podcast but in summary: I can't even remember if what i feel day-to-day now is normal or equivalent to what i was feeling before i started the meds. I don't know if I've always felt this groggy and unmotivated upon waking up or if it's because my body is craving the drug. It's so hard to accurately measure how my mental performance has been impacted because the effectiveness of the drug isn't constant over time, and no one told me that i should be recording this stuff.

Now for me it's very difficult to differentiate between when the drug is helping me and when me being on it is just to feel normal. If i don't take it for a day, i become incredibly drowsy and unmotivated. The thought of sitting upright grinding in a chair for a few hours is super unappealing. My willpower goes down the drain, especially concerning food. I'll binge eat on all sorts of stuff to get the missing dopamine rush. The withdrawal effects basically amplify whatever deficiencies your mind had before ever going on the R.

If you do end up starting a dose I'd highly recommend keeping a journal to keep track of how you feel at various points (especially note things before you start, like periods when you feel like "wow i wish i had some sort of stimulant", how you feel when you wake up, how easy sleeping is etc).

Last edited by Turbulenc3; 12-01-2017 at 03:59 AM.
Turbulenc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 03:51 AM   #137
sfetaz
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 855
Re: Best drug/drugs to use for grinding? (legally)

Has anyone here spent at least 2 weeks of their life inside a impatient psychiatric ward whether because of illness, employment or volunteering? What about a combined 10 weeks?

Reading this thread no one seems to have any clue what the **** they are talking about.

Yes, Big Pharma is a lot of scummy scammy bull**** designed to control people and profit off virtual scams. Name one psychiatric drug that it is KNOWN what it does or why it's given to you. You can't, trial and error bull****. Name one psychiatric disorder that has a physical test for diagnosis. You can't it's all opinions.

But I'll be ****ing damned if someone is gonna claim just rewire your brain like it's a shoe lace. Spend two weeks in a psych ward. Watch people scream and punch at air. See people tell you stories of how they were infected with HIV while yelling at that person who is not there. See people in loving relationships destroy everything they built because they went psychotic for reasons they cannot understand over nothing.

Every person can on some level make better choices to improve their lives, and many people use crutches over changing themselves for the better. But this bull**** that the human brain can be rewired and humans have free will 100% of time needs to end, it's a bold face lie. Visit a psych ward for 2 weeks and figure out how to rewire their brains, if you do you should have 200 billion dollars and a nobel prize waiting.

The crutch mentality should be minimized, I totally agree. Coffee more often than not is a placebo excuse to not get proper sleep. But, some people have severe ADHD that no amount of natural choice will cure, some people have severe schizophrenia where not everyone can will thru it like John Nash, and some people have personality disorders where they will have uncontrollable urges to bash your skull in with a bat for telling them they can just will it away.
sfetaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 05:10 AM   #138
GrindBox
centurion
 
GrindBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 162
Re: Best drug/drugs to use for grinding? (legally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbulenc3 View Post
As someone who has taken ritalin for 2 years and plays poker most days:

Don't be so quick to seek medication.

Read "Perfect Health Diet." It is the best, most thorough, most scientific book on diet out there. No feel-player broscience or biased BS. If i had to recommend one nonfiction book to a random person out of anything I've ever read to a random it would be this.

It's at least worth considering examining and modifying what's going into your body and how that impacts your energy/focus/mood/sleep etc before resorting to addictive medications.

I talked some about my experience with ritalin on Joey's podcast but in summary: I can't even remember if what i feel day-to-day now is normal or equivalent to what i was feeling before i started the meds. I don't know if I've always felt this groggy and unmotivated upon waking up or if it's because my body is craving the drug. It's so hard to accurately measure how my mental performance has been impacted because the effectiveness of the drug isn't constant over time, and no one told me that i should be recording this stuff.

Now for me it's very difficult to differentiate between when the drug is helping me and when me being on it is just to feel normal. If i don't take it for a day, i become incredibly drowsy and unmotivated. The thought of sitting upright grinding in a chair for a few hours is super unappealing. My willpower goes down the drain, especially concerning food. I'll binge eat on all sorts of stuff to get the missing dopamine rush. The withdrawal effects basically amplify whatever deficiencies your mind had before ever going on the R.

If you do end up starting a dose I'd highly recommend keeping a journal to keep track of how you feel at various points (especially note things before you start, like periods when you feel like "wow i wish i had some sort of stimulant", how you feel when you wake up, how easy sleeping is etc).
are you ohheycindy?

I actually posted that podcast you had with joey ITT haha. And about the groggy feeling I get that all the time in the mornings too but usually only if I've taken ritalin the night before (or at least its more apparent those days). Also I usually just take it a couple hours into my session and the days I don't grind I usually won't take it at all, maybe this isn't the best way to do it. Thanks for the book recommendation btw I'll consider reading this
GrindBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:43 AM   #139
Singasong2222
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: location
Posts: 681
Re: Best drug/drugs to use for grinding? (legally)

Sleeping tablets 20 mins before you play I guarantee you will never lose one pot

Spoiler:
Singasong2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:46 AM   #140
Singasong2222
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: location
Posts: 681
Re: Best drug/drugs to use for grinding? (legally)

Honestly think this thread should be closed by a mod no drug illegal or legal should be thought of as a good way to play poker

Or at least put up a warning in title that even legal drugs can cause addiction....
Singasong2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:05 AM   #141
Singasong2222
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: location
Posts: 681
Re: Best drug/drugs to use for grinding? (legally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2 dog, p2 View Post
light masturbation to raise dopamine levels(no climax)
No climax wtf tension would be high be like all in every hand.....
Singasong2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:19 AM   #142
kingalfonso
banned
 
kingalfonso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 12
Re: Best drug/drugs to use for grinding? (legally)

try caffeine lol
kingalfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:33 AM   #143
H0RUS
veteran
 
H0RUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Liquor n the Front Poker n the back
Posts: 3,214
Re: Best drug/drugs to use for grinding? (legally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singasong2222 View Post
No climax wtf tension would be high be like all in every hand.....
Keyword light
H0RUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 04:22 PM   #144
GrindBox
centurion
 
GrindBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 162
Re: Best drug/drugs to use for grinding? (legally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singasong2222 View Post
Or at least put up a warning in title that even legal drugs can cause addiction....
what are you like 14 years old?
GrindBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 03:50 PM   #145
GeoJake
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 9
Re: Best drug/drugs to use for grinding? (legally)

Elvanse
GeoJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:27 AM   #146
Onlythenuzt
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 358
Re: Best drug/drugs to use for grinding? (legally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uradoodooface View Post
If you use a drug to deal with anxiety after humans have spent 1000s of ****ing years dealing with it with training techniques that you're a ****ing slave. STep your game up and stop getting down with for profit drug pushers. I've dealt with anxiety on levels most havn't dealt with, if you take a drug then you're a ***** made hominid. Neuroplasticity is the key for mental disease.

Rewire your brain for better emotional habits or be a slave.....

The fact that this society is so keen on making you a drug dependent ape sickens me and you need to step your mental game up.
Can you give some tips on how you re-wired your brain? Does it involve expensive cognitive therapy? I went once but I lied to the therapist about everything lol.
Onlythenuzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:47 AM   #147
Ah Ad Ac As
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 59
Re: Best drug/drugs to use for grinding? (legally)

pretty sure I have ADD but have never taken Ritalin or anything like that. Made it tough in school sometimes, but poker keeps my attention 1 million percent.

Even after drinking coffee I notice I am irritable at night and anxious. For me it has been fine just using nothing. I don't put in long sessions like someone who is on attention drugs, but my mind wanders to wonderful places while at the online or live tables and I think it lends itself to more creativity which to me, feels rewarding and keeps me up. I've been a winning player for over a decade and I still love the game.

Besides, poker is like a drug anyway right?
Ah Ad Ac As is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:03 AM   #148
GrindBox
centurion
 
GrindBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 162
Re: Best drug/drugs to use for grinding? (legally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Ad Ac As View Post
pretty sure I have ADD but have never taken Ritalin or anything like that. Made it tough in school sometimes, but poker keeps my attention 1 million percent.
Not saying you don't have adhd but I've heard so many people say they think they might have it just because the symptoms are so easy to relate to.

Also adhd is a spectrum-like disorder meaning it can be mild or severe and everything in-between. If its mild drugs may not be a necessary. Coming from someone who has spewing adhd I can tell you that if youre not very convinced you may have it you probably don't, or if you do its probably not that bad, I may be wrong though.

Quote:
Besides, poker is like a drug anyway right?
Only if you have a lot of fun playing. Once the initial passion fades if you have adhd it will begin to slow you down if youre not doing anything to combat it. If youre one of the few who can retain their passion in the long run consider yourself lucky
GrindBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:02 AM   #149
youriw21
grinder
 
youriw21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 610
Re: Best drug/drugs to use for grinding? (legally)

Murica

Where you can legaly buy the the most horrible drugs, but you are not allowed to gamble online. great discussion.
youriw21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 02:21 AM   #150
The Nature Boy
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seat 9
Posts: 57
Re: Best drug/drugs to use for grinding? (legally)

Limp biscuit on the hedfones
The Nature Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online