Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views and gossip.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2015, 03:39 PM   #26
...|...
banned
 
...|...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: dafaq
Posts: 3,072
Re: AJfenix winner? and/or other runt it once coaches?

He's not putting videos out right now on rio right?

His samples are all old, its fine. Obviously as seen by him he has nothing from recent times and he boasts about old soft sites so if he were to put videos on RIO right now then he would be a scammer
...|... is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 04:04 PM   #27
rakemeplz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rakemeplz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: feminine yuppie narc
Posts: 12,602
Re: AJfenix winner? and/or other runt it once coaches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlenB View Post
Im not sure if he is lieing or over-reacting with his results. All i know is from what iw heard and saw on my own eyes. So the fact was, he said he earned 6 figure , annother thing remember he said that he and a friend went to holidays where they spend about ~40k in one or two weeks( cant recall exactly).

and again the only reason i made this thread is for somone or even him self to confirm that he indeed is a wining playing and by that token i will for sure donate/support/subscribe to channel which will help me improve. How ever on the other side, why would i want to help sum 1 who is not honest and is only harming me?

I know i dont need to watch the channel or videos or w/e but i would like to know WHY am i watching something. Is it for fun or is it for educational purposes.

best example is stickyr1ce. He has monster winnings and if your new player trying to learn you might just copy that and we all know how would it end.

I hope you guys understand what im trying to say. i apologize for my english, and spelling.
Dumb question, but you said you're not sure if he's lieing or "overreacting" with his results, but are you also not sure he's completely telling the truth and has totally owned you by posting those results in this thread?

Cuz it seems quite possible to me. Answer honestly please.
rakemeplz is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 04:13 PM   #28
Keruli
adept
 
Keruli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 703
Re: AJfenix winner? and/or other runt it once coaches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Alex. View Post
He's not giving it away "for free." There is tons of value to having a popular stream, and there was certainly a cost/benefit analysis that was done before deciding to start this.
watching the twitch stream is free, watching training videos generally isn't. maybe you weren't aware of this difference, hope this helps.
Keruli is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 04:33 PM   #29
Alobar
Born Ready
 
Alobar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd turtle from the bottom
Posts: 42,317
Re: AJfenix winner? and/or other runt it once coaches?

you shouldnt be making plays because youve seen winners do it. You should be making plays because you think its the right play to make. If you see winners make a certain play, you should figure out why they are making it and understand the thought processes behind it, not just do it cuz you watched some video and some guy whos supposed to be a winner said to do it. The good coaches will explain why they are doing what they are doing, and you should take it upon yourself to do the math both to see if they are right, and to understand whats going on, so you can apply it to other situations.

Also, someone can be a breakeven player or even a loser and still have a lot to teach you, especially if you are a NL25 player.

But yeah, it is pretty discouraging that most of the coaches at these coaching sites if you look at their graphs, they arent really winning.
Alobar is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 04:35 PM   #30
Claymicro
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 240
Re: AJfenix winner? and/or other runt it once coaches?

As AJFenix wrote in his twitch FAQ, he doesn't want to show short term results, because it doesn't mean anything, as I understand he started playing again after break, and there is no point showing 50-100k hand sample, because long term winner can be loser given that tiny sample, or even losing player can be winner. He said when he has normal sample to show, he will show, even if you think he's losing player, don't watch, you're not paying for it.
Claymicro is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 04:36 PM   #31
Roger Mainfield
Big Raaaaaaj
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Chattering
Posts: 5,201
Re: AJfenix winner? and/or other runt it once coaches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutejszy View Post
RIO has a pretty strict coach selection policy, so I wouldn't worry here. However, this argument may apply to some other training sites and coaches.
This isn't really true. If you Russian PTR RIO coaches you will see a lot of poor winrates.
Roger Mainfield is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 04:39 PM   #32
NickNemeth92
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 111
Re: AJfenix winner? and/or other runt it once coaches?

God. This is so absurd. Do you really believe this guy has made a ton of money from streaming on Twitch? The few times Ive watched him he didnt even want donations. I havent watched him recently, but I wouldnt believe he suddenly went all Ebaneezer Scrooge on his viewers piling up dollars in a spotty piggybank. Doesnt seem like the type.
The fact of the matter is, when outing him as a doubtful winner when he says he is winning, you question his integrity and character in front of a potential audience. Even if you do it knowingly or not, youre on the edge of portraying him as a shady character. Thats not a cool thing to do. He seems like a solid guy, I wouldnt know if he is himself or puts on an act on stream, but neither would you. Untill proven otherwise, every doubter needs to give this guy a break and stop speculating on his honesty in open forums.
Heelziggler
NickNemeth92 is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 04:42 PM   #33
KillTheCheaters
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 174
Re: AJfenix winner? and/or other runt it once coaches?

I've watched the stream a decent bit and while I generally think AJFenix seems desperate to come across having a "poker baller lifestyle" (constantly talking about his high profile friends, 6 figure winnings, nice lifestyle [see his posts in this thread for examples of this behavior]) to his growing legion of fanboys, I also think it's clear that he's solid and a winner in the games he's playing.
KillTheCheaters is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 04:51 PM   #34
KillTheCheaters
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 174
Re: AJfenix winner? and/or other runt it once coaches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickNemeth92 View Post
God. This is so absurd. Do you really believe this guy has made a ton of money from streaming on Twitch? The few times Ive watched him he didnt even want donations. I havent watched him recently, but I wouldnt believe he suddenly went all Ebaneezer Scrooge on his viewers piling up dollars in a spotty piggybank. Doesnt seem like the type.
The value of having a very popular twitch poker stream does not necessarily come from what you expect to get out of the twitch stream directly.
KillTheCheaters is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 05:07 PM   #35
NickNemeth92
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 111
Re: AJfenix winner? and/or other runt it once coaches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillTheCheaters View Post
The value of having a very popular twitch poker stream does not necessarily come from what you expect to get out of the twitch stream directly.
I understand this. However, is he really that popular atm? I dont know enough about the Twitch hierarchy to say anything really, so I should be careful. I also understand that he can aim to become the most popular streamer in the world, and that his motivation could come from that fact. - But if it is not close to be happening at the moment, should he be held accountable for wishing it to become true? I think one needs to be addressing the facts as of now, and I dont believe he is earning huge money from any venue because of his streaming (could be wrong of course). As a conclusion to this opinion, his character shouldnt be questioned without solid evidence of lying/scamming. If the streamer hadnt said he was a winner himself, Id have no problem with posting a thread questioning if he trully was a winner.
I dont think its fair to question his character to potential audiences at this point in his "career".

Edit: I just realized that I dont know anything about the streamer and that my comments are based on nothing but boredom. Oh well, those 10 minutes are never coming back. Play on.

Last edited by NickNemeth92; 01-29-2015 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Correction
NickNemeth92 is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 02:04 AM   #36
blindedOut?
grinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ITT
Posts: 455
Re: AJfenix winner? and/or other runt it once coaches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Mainfield View Post
This isn't really true. If you Russian PTR RIO coaches you will see a lot of poor winrates.
I really would like to see some examples, since I dont know how to acces russian ptr.
blindedOut? is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 02:13 AM   #37
BitchiBee
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 24,622
Re: AJfenix winner? and/or other runt it once coaches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickNemeth92 View Post
God. This is so absurd. Do you really believe this guy has made a ton of money from streaming on Twitch? The few times Ive watched him he didnt even want donations. I havent watched him recently, but I wouldnt believe he suddenly went all Ebaneezer Scrooge on his viewers piling up dollars in a spotty piggybank. Doesnt seem like the type.
The fact of the matter is, when outing him as a doubtful winner when he says he is winning, you question his integrity and character in front of a potential audience. Even if you do it knowingly or not, youre on the edge of portraying him as a shady character. Thats not a cool thing to do. He seems like a solid guy, I wouldnt know if he is himself or puts on an act on stream, but neither would you. Untill proven otherwise, every doubter needs to give this guy a break and stop speculating on his honesty in open forums.
Heelziggler
please its twitch chat/nvg, people talk **** all the time
BitchiBee is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 02:40 AM   #38
Joe Pulaski
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Joe Pulaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,324
Re: AJfenix winner? and/or other runt it once coaches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFenix View Post
Alen, I like you how actually ignore my reply. Old 2p2 legend Luegofuego can confirm said Canary island trip expenses. If I didn't make 6 figs I would have starved to death in Vancouver, not been at the Roxy 5 nights a week living in a 2 bedroom downtown :-\ Perhaps you'd like to make sure my jacket is made out of real leather, as well? I wouldn't support someone wearing pleather, personally.
the real question is why would you ever go to the roxy, let alone 5 nights a week
Joe Pulaski is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 02:49 AM   #39
AKingdom
Pooh-Bah
 
AKingdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Range Mergers and Acquisitions
Posts: 3,511
Re: AJfenix winner? and/or other runt it once coaches?

Op ie AllenB (I don't want to name any names) you write like you possess the naivete of an 8 year old boy asking his mother if Santa Claus really exists. I mean you claim to be beating NL25 yet you're not able to discern for yourself if what someone is teaching you is good strategy or not? Does your mother dress you in the morning and make your lunch?
AKingdom is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 03:28 AM   #40
KINGDMER
See my staking forum thread
 
KINGDMER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 1,002
Re: AJfenix winner? and/or other runt it once coaches?

Lol most rio coaches are absolutely ****ing ******ed losers, some are not.
KINGDMER is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 05:31 AM   #41
AlenB
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 40
Re: AJfenix winner? and/or other runt it once coaches?

@Ajfenix sorry i didnt see your post, and was not ignoring it. i was writing at the same time . again im only refering to the graph , i never said ur bad player. i just wanted to make sure what other people say.



Quote:
Originally Posted by AKingdom View Post
Op ie AllenB (I don't want to name any names) you write like you possess the naivete of an 8 year old boy asking his mother if Santa Claus really exists. I mean you claim to be beating NL25 yet you're not able to discern for yourself if what someone is teaching you is good strategy or not? Does your mother dress you in the morning and make your lunch?
unlike you ( obviously ) i do admit that i didnt eat the whole worlds knowlage so for me its hard to notice breakeven from wining play. and if ud read what i wrote at beggining you would see that i PERSONALY always had him as a winning player and that all of the stuff he said poker wise makes sense for me. so , dont just be "one of those" on forum. Ajfenix, im sorry if i offended u in any way for trying to get the facts straight.

about RIO coaches...some of them have really GOOD graphs, so... again i was only refering to some coachec, and not most.
AlenB is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 10:19 AM   #42
...|...
banned
 
...|...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: dafaq
Posts: 3,072
Re: AJfenix winner? and/or other runt it once coaches?

some of them have good graphs. you mean like 3 of them + the super stars. rest are losing regs
...|... is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 10:31 AM   #43
sparky999
veteran
 
sparky999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 500 Zoom
Posts: 3,371
Re: AJfenix winner? and/or other runt it once coaches?

I've watched the stream and personally I think he is very good at poker, I don't agree with everything I saw in those few hours but I have no doubt he is a winning player in the games I saw him stream.

this is all aside from the fact the guy is streaming free content that is pretty entertaining to watch and from what I've seen he isn't holding anything back.

Personally I think mentioning his stream by name in this thread was pretty ridiculous.
sparky999 is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 01:32 PM   #44
JPE23
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,517
Re: AJfenix winner? and/or other runt it once coaches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGDMER View Post
Lol most rio coaches are absolutely ****ing ******ed losers, some are not.
name names or die a slow painful death
JPE23 is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 02:20 PM   #45
KINGDMER
See my staking forum thread
 
KINGDMER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 1,002
Re: AJfenix winner? and/or other runt it once coaches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPE23 View Post
name names or die a slow painful death
pretty sure all the essential coaches are fully ******ed. but w/e it is what it is. Im sure they are helpful to people even more ******ed than them. Marshal28 peter jennings is the most ******ed coach of them all hahahaha omg how epic was that thing where the guy called him out because he though when u pot rivers bluffing 66.6% is gto hahahaha omfg and then he got concerned off the face of rio. The very good coaches are the people uve already herd of like ben phil krab jason ectect but the ratio is probs like 4:1 ******ed to good
KINGDMER is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 02:20 PM   #46
KINGDMER
See my staking forum thread
 
KINGDMER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 1,002
Re: AJfenix winner? and/or other runt it once coaches?

someone should spend a few hours and take screenshots off all the rio coaches russian ptr and oust the mother ****ers
KINGDMER is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 02:40 PM   #47
WonTr1ckPony
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 412
Re: AJfenix winner? and/or other runt it once coaches?

Does ajfenix stream everyday? been trying to catch one of his streams for a while now
WonTr1ckPony is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 03:39 PM   #48
...|...
banned
 
...|...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: dafaq
Posts: 3,072
Re: AJfenix winner? and/or other runt it once coaches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGDMER View Post
someone should spend a few hours and take screenshots off all the rio coaches russian ptr and oust the mother ****ers
i stopped paying my 20$ a month for a shared account after getting russian PTR for a week.

Only watched it for tourney entertainement(dunno why i love tourney final tables so much) and for sauce/elusive mark/alpha
rest are poop

galfond is the best but he does not make NL videos.
...|... is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 05:53 PM   #49
YoungKhalifa
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 310
Re: AJfenix winner? and/or other runt it once coaches?

if u know the game u just watch his stream for 30 mins, pay attention to his thought process and you will see that he can probably beat NL50zoom, which is most likely the hardest nl50 game out there, even if hes not crushing with 10/100bbs, who cares, hes definitely one of the most entertaining streamers so far. (especially when hes drunk and dancing XD)


Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGDMER View Post
someone should spend a few hours and take screenshots off all the rio coaches russian ptr and oust the mother ****ers
i dont hav a rio acc but yes it obv makes sense, i mean why would even a Nl200 crusher who makes 100k+ a year share his knowledge with lots of other regs who play at his stakes ? i mean those rio coaches are making less than 1k a month on average for their videos right ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGDMER View Post
pretty sure all the essential coaches are fully ******ed. but w/e it is what it is. Im sure they are helpful to people even more ******ed than them. Marshal28 peter jennings is the most ******ed coach of them all hahahaha omg how epic was that thing where the guy called him out because he though when u pot rivers bluffing 66.6% is gto hahahaha omfg and then he got concerned off the face of rio. The very good coaches are the people uve already herd of like ben phil krab jason ectect but the ratio is probs like 4:1 ******ed to good
sounds funny, is there a thread to that story, or only in the video

Last edited by YoungKhalifa; 01-30-2015 at 06:08 PM.
YoungKhalifa is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 06:10 PM   #50
AJFenix
Pooh-Bah
 
AJFenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: twitch.tv/adrianfenixx
Posts: 4,869
Re: AJfenix winner? and/or other runt it once coaches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungKhalifa View Post
if u know the game u just watch his stream for 30 mins, pay attention to his thought process and you will see that he can probably beat NL50zoom, which is most likely the hardest nl50 game out there, even if hes not crushing with 10/100bbs, who cares, hes definitely one of the most entertaining streamers so far. (especially when hes drunk and dancing XD)
Haha, appreciate the feedback, and thanks to everyone else for their comments as well. The NL50z and smaller games are mostly just for "bonus" (drinking, so far) streams, generally always going to be higher than that for the normal streams, but I've mixed in a bit of 5c/10c- 25c/50c as a big portion of viewers are completely new to poker or are at those stakes, and it's quite useful for them from the feedback I've received. It also goes well with alcohol, but what doesn't.

Also, as far as RIO essential coaches, does James Hudson not have a winrate anymore? That would surprise me, he used to always have v consistent graphs with very solid winrates at 1/2 at least.. I do think they have a few solid NL players making vids.
AJFenix is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive