Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2017, 01:06 PM   #251
kriket28
enthusiast
 
kriket28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 97
Re: Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet victim remission

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGMileyCyrus View Post
Hahaha was pming you at same time whoooppsss. I called them they said they'd call back so I will wait to make sure. Appreciate the info man.
All right no worries, glad i could help. Best of luck!
kriket28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:06 PM   #252
OMGMileyCyrus
adept
 
OMGMileyCyrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 713
Re: Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet victim remission

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberthofmann View Post
Okay so the emailed me back (row germany here):

I got my login infos and iam able to login now. Can anyone tell me what kind of address i should enter at "Petitioner Identification" Window? So it seems like it found my Account, because my address and email is correct. Even though at first i tried claiming my petition with the wrong email. They send me 2 Login infos, one was the correct one with the correct AP email. So a tipp for you guys, if u dont remeber your email it can help using a "wrong one", because it seems they find the accounts via your Name not email.

So should i enter my OLD ADRESS, which is associated with my AP account or should i enter there my NEW ADRESS (because i moved in the last years). I know probably a stupid question, but im scared to do anything wrong haha

Also super weird, when i try to enter my current email adress, i cant use "-" . My email from which i mailed the Sites Admin containes an "-", so i obviously want to use this email for my petition, but when i try to enter it, it simply wont work.

Is "-" forbidden in the us for email adresses?! How do i proceed
When I spoke to them on the phone the guy said to go ahead and input your new address info. However somebody posted on here that they were told not change their address so I would say it's a coin toss. I'm going to change mine to my current because it's the petition filing system so I am going to give them my current address.
OMGMileyCyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:09 PM   #253
OMGMileyCyrus
adept
 
OMGMileyCyrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 713
Re: Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet victim remission

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxCelticFCxx View Post
i just typed in a random number for the SSN and it let me see my balance, i emailed them saying so, in before it fks any chance i may have had lol
Lol I'm so tempted bro but I'm not ballsy enough to screw it up and have to deal with the temp workers on the phone. They keep reading me the answers from the FAQS so I don't think they have any access to change anything we input.
OMGMileyCyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:10 PM   #254
gausspoker
adept
 
gausspoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 898
Re: Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet victim remission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos Sketch View Post
- Best suggestion:
Search on sharkscope for possible screennames (Sharkscope will auto-populate the existing screennames as you type the first letters)

- Other suggestions:
Check your e-mail history, Skype logs, Google or your P5 profile to look around
Thanks Marcos. I found an email with the validation code, but it doenst have my sn =/

Trying hard to remember lol

Last edited by gausspoker; 04-12-2017 at 01:16 PM.
gausspoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:59 PM   #255
boddicker
adept
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: doodlin' on 70's @boddicker
Posts: 837
Re: Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet victim remission

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictumSempra View Post

I spoke with GCG on the phone about this and they said leave the address the same. My guess is that it has to do with verification of records, not what your current address is.
You spoke with someone clearly very different from me. The person I spoke to made it sound like it didn't matter what I did, but they also sounded like they weren't sure, so I didn't change a thing because I don't want to get ****ed...again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansette View Post
I didn't notice the note at the bottom about emailing with changes, and since the address field was editable I assumed I could just update it with my new address...

Hope I didn't fumble this one, but it would be rather ridiculous if that change caused a problem (seeing as the website lets you enter in a new address). If anyone gets information on what will happen for those with new addresses, I would be eager to hear.
Ya, what a dumb setup they have going—and only six years to figure it out. They don't tell you whether or not the address they're showing you should be preserved or confirmed as your address or updated.

Also, it sounds like most people's emails went straight to spam (both of mine did). Why is that the case? Can you imagine how many people who are out of the poker loop are going to get screwed because of that alone? Does Eric Holder get the leftovers?
boddicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:00 PM   #256
mbe3
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,969
Re: Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet victim remission

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictumSempra View Post
I initially wasn't able to find record. I filled in all of the information, but had the wrong address. I called into GCG helpline (on April 11th) and got claim# The guy was able to find it after some back and forth, but it had the address that I switched to in Canada. Later that day I received an email from absolutepokerclaims asking me to verify my address because I had put US address in when filling out form initially. Received petition and control number this morning, balance is correct. Still waiting on petition and control number for other account

Good luck all.



Same. Talked to GCG on phone (they will give you claim # = petition #). You have to wait for email for the control #





I spoke with GCG on the phone about this and they said leave the address the same. My guess is that it has to do with verification of records, not what your current address is.



See above



Yeah it looks like USA addresses got email first.
Thanks, Victumsempra.

I called 5 minutes ago and asked to double check about the address thing. The guy said to CHANGE it. His argument was that if it wasn't supposed to be edited, then the field wouldn't be editable. I asked if he got this question from others, and he said he did a few times. I asked if he was expressly advised on this specifically by someone, and he said no.

I'm calling back.
mbe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:19 PM   #257
Wreed Platzak
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: *Retired* Pro FTP-thread lurker
Posts: 159
Re: Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet victim remission

The older guys here might remember that a couple of years ago a former UB employee leaked internal data regarding accounts and other sensitive stuff.
I still had that stuff on my computer and couldn't resist trying a few to see if something would show up.... :

I found out that the UB account of late David Chip Reese still has > $ 30K in it. So if someone knows a family member, please let them know so they can apply as well.


If you want to try one for yourself to see that it works (just to confirm that the email address is not a joke ):

Wreed Platzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:21 PM   #258
Wreed Platzak
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: *Retired* Pro FTP-thread lurker
Posts: 159
Re: Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet victim remission

now let's send an e-mail myself.... never thought this would happen
Wreed Platzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:39 PM   #259
Praetor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Coaching/staking
Posts: 11,805
Re: Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet victim remission

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberthofmann View Post
Okay so they emailed me back (row germany here):

I got my login infos and iam able to login now. Can anyone tell me what kind of address i should enter at "Petitioner Identification" Window? So it seems like it found my Account, because my address and email is correct. Even though at first i tried claiming my petition with the wrong email. They send me 2 Login infos, one was the correct one with the correct AP email. So a tipp for you guys, if u dont remeber your email it can help using a "wrong one", because it seems they find the accounts via your Name not email.

So should i enter my OLD ADRESS, which is associated with my AP account or should i enter there my NEW ADRESS (because i moved in the last years). I know probably a stupid question, but im scared to do anything wrong haha

Also super weird, when i try to enter my current email adress, i cant use "-" . My email from which i mailed the Sites Admin containes an "-", so i obviously want to use this email for my petition, but when i try to enter it, it simply wont work.

Is "-" forbidden in the us for email adresses?! How do i proceed
how long did it take to get an email back? and what did you include in the initial email? I just emailed asking for general info for ROW players but havent gotten a response (from yesterday afternoon)
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:43 PM   #260
lvanhoe
old hand
 
lvanhoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,365
Re: Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet victim remission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
how long did it take to get an email back? and what did you include in the initial email? I just emailed asking for general info for ROW players but havent gotten a response (from yesterday afternoon)
I did the same, still no reply either. Checked my spam 5 times today
lvanhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:50 PM   #261
momo_uk
veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,246
Re: Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet victim remission

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGMileyCyrus View Post
OK I got the petition numbers for my 2 accounts but when I log in it won't let me advance to see my balance till I enter my SSN. I however am Canadian and don't have an SSN. Anyone else run into this problem ?

Yes. Same exact problem. Did you try calling them and asking about it?
momo_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:14 PM   #262
CarlosChadha
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: St Catharines
Posts: 2,409
Re: Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet victim remission

I am an American who moved to Canada after Black Friday. When I filled out the form with my user name and email, they couldn't find my accounts, but then I filled out the additional information request with my Canadian address. It took less than two days to a receive an email reply with position and control numbers for both my absolute and UB accounts. Using those numbers I was able to log in and saw the correct balances on both sites and was able to submit my claim :-)

Carlos
CarlosChadha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #263
erikzamboer1
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 49
Re: Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet victim remission

I'm a player from the netherlands, and i got my 2 petition numbers from Absolute and Ultimate, but i wasn't able to continue because i'm not in the possesion of a TIN or SSN so i called them. They adviced me to first of all change youre address in what it is now. And first send them an email with the subject: Social security number or Tax identification number and saying in the email that you were unable to continue because of lack of TIN or SSN. And you also ad a copy of youre passport/Id and you they will get in contact with you further..
erikzamboer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:22 PM   #264
Praetor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Coaching/staking
Posts: 11,805
Re: Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet victim remission

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikzamboer1 View Post
I'm a player from the netherlands, and i got my 2 petition numbers from Absolute and Ultimate, but i wasn't able to continue because i'm not in the possesion of a TIN or SSN so i called them. They adviced me to first of all change youre address in what it is now. And first send them an email with the subject: Social security number or Tax identification number and saying in the email that you were unable to continue because of lack of TIN or SSN. And you also ad a copy of youre passport/Id and you they will get in contact with you further..
how did you get your petition numbers as a ROW player?
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:25 PM   #265
erikzamboer1
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 49
Re: Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet victim remission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
how did you get your petition numbers as a ROW player?


I've emailed them i got it after 2 days
erikzamboer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:29 PM   #266
fish_club
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 18
Re: Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet victim remission

Hey guys, did you received two separate e-mails and petition numbers for Absolute and UB? (for those who had both). I am ROW player and till now have received only email with petition number regarding my Absolute account, however my funds were on UB.
fish_club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:36 PM   #267
mbe3
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,969
Re: Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet victim remission

I spoke to a supervisor through the contact number on the absolutepokerclaims website.

He said he was not sure whether it was best to change the address field from the populated address to a current address (he was not expressly advised on this)

He did say that he was expressly advised that if you needed an address change, you can e-mail info@absolutepokerclaims.com and tell them that you want to update your address.

So, he advised to submit the claim as is, and subsequently e-mail info@absolutepokerclaims.com to handle the address change.

That's what I did. For those who did something else, I wouldn't sweat it too much. I'm just trying to squeeze out that extra 0.1% chance or whatever that i get paid.
mbe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:38 PM   #268
mbe3
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,969
Re: Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet victim remission

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_club View Post
Hey guys, did you received two separate e-mails and petition numbers for Absolute and UB? (for those who had both). I am ROW player and till now have received only email with petition number regarding my Absolute account, however my funds were on UB.
Yes, two e-mails. One went to my regular inbox, one went to my spam folder. Same e-mail address.
mbe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:38 PM   #269
Fayth
veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Quebec
Posts: 3,134
Re: Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet victim remission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
how did you get your petition numbers as a ROW player?
you can just fill the form leaving the State and zip code blank, then they'll send you an e-mail shortly with petition number and control number
Fayth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:48 PM   #270
alberthofmann
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 102
Re: Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet victim remission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
how long did it take to get an email back? and what did you include in the initial email? I just emailed asking for general info for ROW players but havent gotten a response (from yesterday afternoon)
2 1/2 days, so dont worry! Response Time seems to be better then stars support nowaydays

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikzamboer1 View Post
I'm a player from the netherlands, and i got my 2 petition numbers from Absolute and Ultimate, but i wasn't able to continue because i'm not in the possesion of a TIN or SSN so i called them. They adviced me to first of all change youre address in what it is now. And first send them an email with the subject: Social security number or Tax identification number and saying in the email that you were unable to continue because of lack of TIN or SSN. And you also ad a copy of youre passport/Id and you they will get in contact with you further..
So u submitted the petition without entering a TIN or SSN? And u DID CHANGE the adress to the one where u live today?


Quote:
Originally Posted by mbe3 View Post
I spoke to a supervisor through the contact number on the absolutepokerclaims website.

He said he was not sure whether it was best to change the address field from the populated address to a current address (he was not expressly advised on this)

He did say that he was expressly advised that if you needed an address change, you can e-mail info@absolutepokerclaims.com and tell them that you want to update your address.

So, he advised to submit the claim as is, and subsequently e-mail info@absolutepokerclaims.com to handle the address change.

That's what I did. For those who did something else, I wouldn't sweat it too much. I'm just trying to squeeze out that extra 0.1% chance or whatever that i get paid.
So to get this correct. Leave the adress that is associated with the AP account as it is, and once the claim is handled mail them to change the adress?!

___

Can anyone please try to enter an email adress with a "-" in it in the current email adress field? Seriously the form is ****, it just doesnt allow "-". Iam not able to claim my petition because i cant enter my current email, man im tilted

Same for the mobile number. Iam not sure how to enter my mobile phone number in it with the german area code. google says i should use +49 xxxx
but the form, again, doesnt allow a "+"
alberthofmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 04:08 PM   #271
Praetor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Coaching/staking
Posts: 11,805
Re: Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet victim remission

What is the address confusion? Isnt there a part of the form for current address, and another for address on file with Absolute? I guess this is after youve actually made a claim/ got a verification number
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 04:14 PM   #272
gregorio
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 35,411
Re: Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet victim remission

ROW player (Canada) just got my email (it was in my spam). Woohoo $.05 balance.

The stupid part is that they would not let me submit it without filling in my SSN or EIN or TIN. No idea what EIN or TIN are. I'm dual citizen so I have a SSN even though I've never resided in US. If I didn't have one, not sure if I could have made something up, but they wouldn't let me submit with that blank.

gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 04:15 PM   #273
bdaddy
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: behind the wheel
Posts: 2,010
Re: Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet victim remission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
What is the address confusion? Isnt there a part of the form for current address, and another for address on file with Absolute? I guess this is after youve actually made a claim/ got a verification number
No, it's a just one address field and it's not noted whether its supposed to be current or one on file. It's pre-populated with the one on file and clearly editable but no direction given as to whether we're supposed to edit. There's text at bottom that says any changes should be emailed to info@absolutepokerclaims, but again, since it's editable it's confusing and unclear.
bdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 04:21 PM   #274
boddicker
adept
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: doodlin' on 70's @boddicker
Posts: 837
Re: Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet victim remission

^^ Exactly this. ^^

And the people on the phones don't seem too confident about the conflicting information they're dispensing.
boddicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 04:33 PM   #275
OMGMileyCyrus
adept
 
OMGMileyCyrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 713
Re: Absolute Poker / Ultimate Bet victim remission

OK for ROW players I just received a phone call from them and they're getting clarification on the address and SSN situation. The lady told me she will get the exact information ROW players need to enter to move on with the process. When she calls me back and gives me the exact information to enter I will enter it and I will report a step by step process to everyone.

She apologized over and over that she was going to have to call me back and I told her I have already waited 6 years for my money so what's another day or two. We had a good laugh.
OMGMileyCyrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online