Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2016, 03:43 AM   #1351
SuperSwag
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,336
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Kassouf's banter is actually not effective before top 100. IF he was annoying all a player had to do was put on some headphones and crank music. He didn't deserve a DQ especially if Cliff Josephy can get away with insulting him and not receiving a penalty. Also the whole table basically colluded against him and Jack did nothing about it.

Thank tanking was a problem and Jack Effel was too much of an idiot to even fix it, other than that Kassouf was fine.
SuperSwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 03:59 AM   #1352
kerr
veteran
 
kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,915
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsilver View Post
Both the excessive chatter and the constant tanking were clear rule breaches. Rule 65 covers both:
Did you know that the WSOP has its own set of published rules that are separate from TDA rules?
kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 04:01 AM   #1353
kerr
veteran
 
kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,915
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSwag View Post
Kassouf's banter is actually not effective before top 100. IF he was annoying all a player had to do was put on some headphones and crank music.
Top 100? There were in fact 1,011 players paid. Headphones not permitted after that point.
kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 04:20 AM   #1354
oldsilver
MTTLivePro
 
oldsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: back yelling at clouds
Posts: 5,635
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerr View Post
Did you know that the WSOP has its own set of published rules that are separate from TDA rules?
yes mate. covered in subsequent posts tho, and you'll find that they're virtually the same wording on these key points.
oldsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 04:25 AM   #1355
Aantan
adept
 
Aantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 708
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

I have a question for all the kassouf fans

ok we can discuss how far his speech plays went (for me it was 100% disrespectful and taunting) BUT:

why isn't the fact, that EVERY table he played, effectively played maybe 2/3 the hands per hour of any other table more than enough to say he is a clown who should be banned?
Imagine you play this tournament which is only 1 time a year with 100% share (i strongly doubt kassouf did btw) and you play it +ev, even deeper in the tournament, calculate how much his "against the rules clown show" costs you in such a possible lifetime changer moment 2-5 tables before the november nine. So how can you say in front of the stream the others are crybabys or pathetic? The only one who is pathethic and a crybaby (even in his last interview after he busted he cries to the wsop manager that benger should receive a penalty for his acting LOL) is kassouf.
Aantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 04:43 AM   #1356
epcfast
veteran
 
epcfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,535
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aantan View Post
I have a question for all the kassouf fans

ok we can discuss how far his speech plays went (for me it was 100% disrespectful and taunting) BUT:

why isn't the fact, that EVERY table he played, effectively played maybe 2/3 the hands per hour of any other table more than enough to say he is a clown who should be banned?
Imagine you play this tournament which is only 1 time a year with 100% share (i strongly doubt kassouf did btw) and you play it +ev, even deeper in the tournament, calculate how much his "against the rules clown show" costs you in such a possible lifetime changer moment 2-5 tables before the november nine. So how can you say in front of the stream the others are crybabys or pathetic? The only one who is pathethic and a crybaby (even in his last interview after he busted he cries to the wsop manager that benger should receive a penalty for his acting LOL) is kassouf.
Every table? Even if that's the case then the TD needs to do his job, separate the tanking and "taunting" issues and deal with them instead of acting like a tool.
Think he had 90% of himself and swapped 10%
I've no objection to most of WKs "speech play" and would have no problem needling him about the tanking and subsequently calling the clock on him every hand.This can be done in a friendly manner as shown by Andrew Christoforou.
Far too much conflation in this thread.
epcfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 04:49 AM   #1357
oldsilver
MTTLivePro
 
oldsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: back yelling at clouds
Posts: 5,635
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by epcfast View Post
I've no objection to most of WKs "speech play" and would have no problem needling him about the tanking and subsequently calling the clock on him every hand.
Why should you have to?
It's not the William fkg kassouf show
It's a poker tournament
A fairly important one with a lot at stake
He is one of 6000+ entrants
If you want entertainment, it's Vegas. I believe they have a show or two playing nightly and possibly a circus.
oldsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 04:50 AM   #1358
Aantan
adept
 
Aantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 708
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by epcfast View Post
Every table?

What else? In every ****ing episode starting day 3 he tanked 15-30sec before even looking at his cards, then another 30-60sec for folding (but with a speech), calling (but with a speech) or raising (but with a speech) and then postflop on every street the same annoying bull****, and in tv we maybe only see 5-10% of it because the rest is cutted out.
Aantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 05:13 AM   #1359
gr26
journeyman
 
gr26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Murmansk
Posts: 222
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsilver View Post
with a lot at stake
That's why it's interesting to watch.
If Will were a billionaire it would have been bad and annoying but he was one of 6000.
It has nothing to do with your stupid circus example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aantan View Post
What else? In every ****ing episode starting day 3 he tanked 15-30sec before even looking at his cards
(but with a speech) (but with a speech) (but with a speech)
15 seconds? Unbearable.
Have you watched Eps 13-14 and the end of Ep. 12?

Last edited by gr26; 10-28-2016 at 05:33 AM.
gr26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 06:04 AM   #1360
big white cloud
journeyman
 
big white cloud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 204
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

This thread has drifted quite far away from talking about Benger visibly losing all neurological control, claiming abuse, using the phrase use your privelege and shouting like a big old dickhead about how his life is great and the smiling man opposite him is miserable.

And I think it's important to steer it back to that.
big white cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 06:13 AM   #1361
redcar
journeyman
 
redcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In Bed
Posts: 213
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Main Event Bracelet or GTFO ?
redcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 07:28 AM   #1362
epcfast
veteran
 
epcfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,535
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsilver View Post
Why should you have to?
It's not the William fkg kassouf show
It's a poker tournament
A fairly important one with a lot at stake
He is one of 6000+ entrants
If you want entertainment, it's Vegas. I believe they have a show or two playing nightly and possibly a circus.


Are you saying there should be measures in place that automatically stop such antics?
Shot clock solves the tanking and then he can do all the speech he likes (within the rules) during this time. No shot clock and you need the TD to step up and do his job without coming over like a fool who doesn't know his own rules.
The rest of your post has no relevance to mine but does reinforce my opinion of you.
epcfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 07:46 AM   #1363
PeteBlow
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Guildford, UK
Posts: 12,262
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerr View Post
Top 100? There were in fact 1,011 players paid. Headphones not permitted after that point.
Not true. The rules changed from 'in the money' to the final table.
PeteBlow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 08:40 AM   #1364
inmyrav
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,589
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

I can handle no headphones at the final table, if the reason is to prevent people from transmitting information. Are you also not allowed to use a tablet or a telephone?

The reason I defend Kassouf is not because he wasn't annoying, but because his actions should have been dealt with by applying the rules relavant to the complaint. By barging in without observing what was happening Effel conflated differing versions of several complaints and didn't even come up with a rule violation, yet interrupted a hand where Kassouf was facing an all in and interrupted it for five minutes.

I think "we're all on the same team" is very dangerous talk and I would never say such a thing at a poker table. If I have a complaint I will speak politely to the player and if that doesn't work, the TD. If that doesn't help, and it bothers me enough, I hope I would have the courage to leave, though I think I love money too much to have that kind of integrity.

Last edited by inmyrav; 10-28-2016 at 08:47 AM.
inmyrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 08:56 AM   #1365
PeteBlow
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Guildford, UK
Posts: 12,262
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

I knew those main event entries I set alight would have some future value.
Apparently it makes my opinion valid ITT.

Oldsilver really needs to check something
PeteBlow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:09 AM   #1366
BreadNoButter
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 21
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerr View Post
Top 100? There were in fact 1,011 players paid. Headphones not permitted after that point.
Hardly ever post on this site, but this guy made me have to! You sir made yourself look a riiiiiiiight prick! BETTER CHECK YA SEN BEFORE YA REK YA SEN KERRRRRRRRRRR
BreadNoButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:18 AM   #1367
david negus
grinder
 
david negus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 555
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

keating was the most out of line this wsop. he asked a fish "how are u still in", did the same talking speech. but, he was an alpha male and kassouf is further down on the spectrum. omega maybe.

also, white privilege isnt a thing. asians make more money than whites in white society. its a term used by people who are failures to feel better about themselves.

also, flushentity is a known cheater.

also, **** david baazov.
david negus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:47 AM   #1368
Zpaceman
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 645
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnr_Rnr_Hobgoblin View Post
I thought Cliff was generally regarded as a pretty good guy. I would love to hear from people on this board that actually know him. So the way I took it was it was actually that bad considering we probably saw 3% of what was actually going on at the WSOP.

I thought I heard Norman Chad say there was some catch all rule for being an ass. WK seems like a good guy that took it way too far. Then again, he's there to make a lot of money nto make friends. How does it go"any publicity is good publicity"?

This has been the best WSOP tourney to watch in years for me.
He's always been an occasional douchebag - not excessively so, but from time-to-time when he gets butt-hurt about something. Many years ago, I criticized what one of his horses did in a live event and Cliff posted something on P5s along the lines of "well you've only $100k of live cashes, so you have no right to comment".

He seems that have that holier-than-thou entitlement syndrome that a lot of people who got lucky in life appear to possess.
Zpaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 10:04 AM   #1369
Zpaceman
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 645
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshThyme View Post
The worst part is.... Benger is by far the best player left.
Unfortunately, this is true and, as such, he has a good chance to grind out the win, which will be bad for poker. Even as a Canadian resident, I believe him winning will do absolutely nothing for poker in Canada (unlike, say, Duhamel, which was great for poker here, especially in Quebec).
Zpaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 10:07 AM   #1370
ntnBO
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6,997
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Late to the party, just catching up on this yahoo. Just because it's allowable to act a certain way doesn't make it right. He should be penalized just for thinking acting this way is OK. And now wannabes will see this and emulate it, which is horrible for poker in the big picture.

And sure, others have done this in the past, doesn't change the fact that they're all douchebags and should be penalized.
ntnBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 11:13 AM   #1371
Auca32
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 193
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsilver View Post
oh good another prime example of a <100 post loser with no ME experience and likely no live mtt experience at all, telling those that actually play the game what he reckons

you believe Kassouf didn't break the rules only because Kassouf says he didn't break the rules. the facts state otherwise.

I'm not sure whether Kassouf is a professional poker player because he's a bad lawyer, or a lawyer because he's a bad poker player, but you can stop believing this bs from Kassouf that he didn't break the rules. he did break them on multiple occasions.
It's pretty pathetic that you think your post count on an internet forum makes your opinion more valid. A lot of the best players in poker don't/barely post on 2+2.

Last edited by Auca32; 10-28-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Auca32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 11:21 AM   #1372
big white cloud
journeyman
 
big white cloud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 204
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

If Kassouf doesn't get the nickname 'triggerfish' I'm going to be annoyed.
big white cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 11:46 AM   #1373
PeteBlow
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Guildford, UK
Posts: 12,262
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

You're going to be annoyed
PeteBlow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 11:46 AM   #1374
big white cloud
journeyman
 
big white cloud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 204
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

'That dickhead' it is then.
big white cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 12:09 PM   #1375
KiwiKiller
enthusiast
 
KiwiKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 50
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

If the tanking was such an issue for players, why was there not a clock called during the AA KK hand, it took 17 min apparently, perhaps the other players wanted to ladder up just like Kassuf did obviously with out taking the responsibility onto themselves. BITCHES EVERYONE OF THEM .

Gordon Vayo needs to apologise to Kassuf fwiw he clearly was the Bully at the table making up stories to slander another player (made a manipulitive ***** cry)for which he has received a lot of abuse for. Check your privilege GORDO
KiwiKiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive