Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2016, 09:54 PM   #1326
TheFly
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,241
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

I hope this thread doesn't devolve into a Kassouf vs. Benger argument, because I think it's okay to have the position that they are both massive douchebags in their own ways.

Kassouf and his nonstop Excessive Chatter, and Benger's pussy-rage "check your privilege" crap were both doucheworthy lol!
TheFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 09:58 PM   #1327
4StarEight6
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: 312
Posts: 82
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsilver View Post
No I chose my words fairly carefully. Kassouf should have been DQ'd for multiple rules breaches long before day 7 and did not deserve to be there.

oh? how about card ripping Jared Bleznick. surely if he's allowed to be there after his "lifetime ban" (lol) then so does WK...

and he didn't break any rules by the way. he didn't berate anyone. what we saw on ESPN was the drama they create for tv. Check that Dnegs quote about the times he was taking pre/post flop.

if you can't tell the difference between chatting someone up, and berating someone, then you need to get back to your safe space and hope your emotions don't get triggered by any micro-aggressions.

GB is worse than Justin Bonomo. both are equally SJW idiots.
Good work ESPN.
4StarEight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 09:58 PM   #1328
MikkeD
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,448
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

This thread actually shows how much we need something different in poker to make things a bit more interesting.

The fact that is has got so boring in recent times has made this thing somewhat entertaining.
MikkeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:02 PM   #1329
oldsilver
MTTLivePro
 
oldsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: back yelling at clouds
Posts: 5,635
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

You simply can't critique Benger's response without first taking into account the stakes and the ridiculous level of crap that the players had to put up with to that point. These guys were playing for life-changing sums and the WSOPs inaction was inexcusable.

Strength of character is finite and we all have our tipping points. Unless you have several examples of Benger behaving inappropriately in other situations against other players, then he could have crapped in his hands and flung turds at Kassouf on this particular occasion and I wouldn't think any less of him.
oldsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:05 PM   #1330
4StarEight6
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: 312
Posts: 82
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsilver View Post
You simply can't critique Benger's response without first taking into account the stakes and the ridiculous level of crap that the players had to put up with to that point. These guys were playing for life-changing sums and the WSOPs inaction was inexcusable.

Strength of character is finite and we all have our tipping points. Unless you have several examples of Benger behaving inappropriately in other situations against other players, then he could have crapped in his hands and flung turds at Kassouf on this particular occasion and I wouldn't think any less of him.

LOL c'mon.........

at these stakes, if you want to be considered a top professional, you should be calm cool and collected all the time. you think if Phil Ivey was there at the table he'd have blown up like that? Or DNegs? nope.

they'd have ignored him (like Ivey did to Bleznick on PAD) and gone on with their game. hell they wouldn't even get up from the table when the AI is happening because that's just weak as hell.
4StarEight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:05 PM   #1331
MikkeD
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,448
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsilver View Post
You simply can't critique Benger's response without first taking into account the stakes and the ridiculous level of crap that the players had to put up with to that point. These guys were playing for life-changing sums and the WSOPs inaction was inexcusable.

Strength of character is finite and we all have our tipping points. Unless you have several examples of Benger behaving inappropriately in other situations against other players, then he could have crapped in his hands and flung turds at Kassouf on this particular occasion and I wouldn't think any less of him.
You mad?
MikkeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:05 PM   #1332
oldsilver
MTTLivePro
 
oldsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: back yelling at clouds
Posts: 5,635
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4StarEight6 View Post
oh? how about card ripping Jared Bleznick. surely if he's allowed to be there after his "lifetime ban" (lol) then so does WK...

and he didn't break any rules by the way. he didn't berate anyone. what we saw on ESPN was the drama they create for tv. Check that Dnegs quote about the times he was taking pre/post flop.

if you can't tell the difference between chatting someone up, and berating someone, then you need to get back to your safe space and hope your emotions don't get triggered by any micro-aggressions.

GB is worse than Justin Bonomo. both are equally SJW idiots.
Good work ESPN.
oh good another prime example of a <100 post loser with no ME experience and likely no live mtt experience at all, telling those that actually play the game what he reckons

you believe Kassouf didn't break the rules only because Kassouf says he didn't break the rules. the facts state otherwise.

I'm not sure whether Kassouf is a professional poker player because he's a bad lawyer, or a lawyer because he's a bad poker player, but you can stop believing this bs from Kassouf that he didn't break the rules. he did break them on multiple occasions.
oldsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:05 PM   #1333
Nick_AA
old hand
 
Nick_AA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,458
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsilver View Post
You simply can't critique Benger's response without first taking into account the stakes and the ridiculous level of crap that the players had to put up with to that point. These guys were playing for life-changing sums and the WSOPs inaction was inexcusable.

Strength of character is finite and we all have our tipping points. Unless you have several examples of Benger behaving inappropriately in other situations against other players, then he could have crapped in his hands and flung turds at Kassouf on this particular occasion and I wouldn't think any less of him.


I think you can. His response makes it clear he thinks he's better than everyone else.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nick_AA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:07 PM   #1334
Nick_AA
old hand
 
Nick_AA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,458
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by restorativejustice View Post
Everything I have read by Clovis convinces me he is the same.


Clovis is clearly just playing devils advocate and not serious lol right?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nick_AA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:10 PM   #1335
oldsilver
MTTLivePro
 
oldsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: back yelling at clouds
Posts: 5,635
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4StarEight6 View Post
LOL c'mon.........

at these stakes, if you want to be considered a top professional, you should be calm cool and collected all the time. you think if Phil Ivey was there at the table he'd have blown up like that? Or DNegs? nope.

they'd have ignored him (like Ivey did to Bleznick on PAD) and gone on with their game. hell they wouldn't even get up from the table when the AI is happening because that's just weak as hell.

I've seen Ivey stand up and walk out of a high stakes televised cash game in Australia because of the appalling and obnoxious behavior of another player, and I doubt either of these guys would have infinite tolerance.

And if either Ivey or DN had made a complaint about rules violation to Jack Effel then I'd hazard a guess that all of a sudden the response would have been different.
oldsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:14 PM   #1336
4StarEight6
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: 312
Posts: 82
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsilver View Post
oh good another prime example of a <100 post loser with no ME experience and likely no live mtt experience at all, telling those that actually play the game what he reckons

you believe Kassouf didn't break the rules only because Kassouf says he didn't break the rules. the facts state otherwise.

I'm not sure whether Kassouf is a professional poker player because he's a bad lawyer, or a lawyer because he's a bad poker player, but you can stop believing this bs from Kassouf that he didn't break the rules. he did break them on multiple occasions.

you missed my point, and then decided to point out that i have <100 posts, and that you think i have no ME experience (which i don't i'll be honest, but how do you know?) and all of this you're saying about me as what to do with the conversation? zero point zero.

Bleznick ripped up cards, was banned, and got to get back in because Jack Effel liked him and wanted him around (and PH got involved as well) so tell me, mr ME experienced person, WHY is it that JB can break a huge rule (destroy a casinos property) and be let back into play, but we have a huge problem with a guy who talks too much and maybe bends the rules a bit.

answer that last part if you would please sir.
4StarEight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:16 PM   #1337
Clovis8
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Having a beer with Charles Darwin
Posts: 16,503
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4StarEight6 View Post
you missed my point, and then decided to point out that i have <100 posts, and that you think i have no ME experience (which i don't i'll be honest, but how do you know?) and all of this you're saying about me as what to do with the conversation? zero point zero.

Bleznick ripped up cards, was banned, and got to get back in because Jack Effel liked him and wanted him around (and PH got involved as well) so tell me, mr ME experienced person, WHY is it that JB can break a huge rule (destroy a casinos property) and be let back into play, but we have a huge problem with a guy who talks too much and maybe bends the rules a bit.

answer that last part if you would please sir.
Good post given the long well established rule of logic; two wrongs make a right.
Clovis8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:19 PM   #1338
oldsilver
MTTLivePro
 
oldsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: back yelling at clouds
Posts: 5,635
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

why should i answer it? it's a non-sequitur and irrelevant to this discussion. if anything, you're supporting the fact that JE is arbitrarily and inconsistently applying rules and should be held to account. frankly the tearing of a couple of cards that cost a couple of cents probably shouldn't cost a professional player their livelihood but again it's not relevant to this discussion, and neither are you.
oldsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:19 PM   #1339
4StarEight6
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: 312
Posts: 82
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis8 View Post
Good post given the long well established rule of logic; two wrongs make a right.

there's a wong at the final table. we just needed another!
4StarEight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:24 PM   #1340
4StarEight6
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: 312
Posts: 82
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsilver View Post
why should i answer it? it's a non-sequitur and irrelevant to this discussion. if anything, you're supporting the fact that JE is arbitrarily and inconsistently applying rules and should be held to account. frankly the tearing of a couple of cards that cost a couple of cents probably shouldn't cost a professional player their livelihood but again it's not relevant to this discussion, and neither are you.
im sorry, what did you say? destroying a casino's property shouldn't cost a professional player their livelihood?

hey what drugs are you on and where can i get them.

and it's relevant. why? Because it clearly shows JE has a lot of conflicts of interest and clearly cannot make a decision based on any sort of merit.

this entire thread has turned into wether or not WK broke rules, and your OP that i've been responding to is also about the fact that you believe WK should've been DQ'd, all the while dismissing the fact that another player at the table shouldn't have been there at all.

Oh, go into a casino and rip up some cards and see how fast they yank you out of there and press charges against you.

thanks for answering the question in a way i knew you would, by deflecting back to me and my "relevance" to this conversation.
4StarEight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:29 PM   #1341
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 51,358
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Somehow thread becomes even more unreadable as people argue about things like whether Kassouf taunted or berated people - one guy argues that he didn't berate, and ignores the part about taunting, the other guy argues he did both, but doesn't give examples of berating. And then we have the poo-flinging between a poster who likes to generalize about everyone that uses the term SJW or supports WK, and another who likes to generalize about people/groups of people he has labelled as SJWs.

Ugh.

Yeah, I know, I don't have to read the thread. I might summon up the will power to stop soon. Or maybe I won't. Complaining about it was fun though. Added nothing to the thread's readability, of course.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:46 PM   #1342
oldsilver
MTTLivePro
 
oldsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: back yelling at clouds
Posts: 5,635
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
Somehow thread becomes even more unreadable as people argue about things like whether Kassouf taunted or berated people - one guy argues that he didn't berate, and ignores the part about taunting, the other guy argues he did both, but doesn't give examples of berating. And then we have the poo-flinging between a poster who likes to generalize about everyone that uses the term SJW or supports WK, and another who likes to generalize about people/groups of people he has labelled as SJWs.

Ugh.

Yeah, I know, I don't have to read the thread. I might summon up the will power to stop soon. Or maybe I won't. Complaining about it was fun though.
Cliffs:

Kassouf broke rules
Kassouf should have been DQ'd
Jack Effel failed to enforce rules and should be sanctioned
Anyone with less than one ME entry should shut up
Players character should not be judged on their response to a situation that would have tested most sane people

If anything changes will post more cliffs to spare your head
oldsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:29 PM   #1343
4StarEight6
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: 312
Posts: 82
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

anyone with less than one ME entry should shut up?


who are you kidding dude
4StarEight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:30 PM   #1344
4StarEight6
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: 312
Posts: 82
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

that's some straight up Jared Bleznick kinda talk right there.
4StarEight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 12:03 AM   #1345
Howard Treesong
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Howard Treesong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: In for the long con!
Posts: 14,301
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Jesus christ, I'm trying to listen to Kassouf's interview from EPT Malta. It's almost impossible to listen to. He's excruciatingly annoying.

"I'm not being rude at all."

The man seems to have very little self-awareness.

He is correct in saying that Effel's interview makes Effel seem like a clown.
Howard Treesong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 02:00 AM   #1346
gr26
journeyman
 
gr26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Murmansk
Posts: 222
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsilver View Post
Cliffs:

Kassouf broke rules
Kassouf should have been DQ'd
Jack Effel failed to enforce rules and should be sanctioned
Anyone with less than one ME entry should shut up
Players character should not be judged on their response to a situation that would have tested most sane people
you meant Cliff's? josephy's opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Treesong View Post
Jesus christ, I'm trying to listen to Kassouf's interview from EPT Malta. It's almost impossible to listen to. He's excruciatingly annoying.

"I'm not being rude at all."

The man seems to have very little self-awareness.

He is correct in saying that Effel's interview makes Effel seem like a clown.
Really? So why so many guys like him? Nobody liked Jamie Gold's behaviour for example
gr26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 03:00 AM   #1347
big white cloud
journeyman
 
big white cloud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 204
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

GG thread.

P.S. isnt it deliciously ironic that one persons incessant chatter complaining about another persons incessant chatter has ruined the thread?

Last edited by big white cloud; 10-28-2016 at 03:07 AM.
big white cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 03:16 AM   #1348
LektorAJ
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LektorAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: none
Posts: 7,712
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by U shove i call View Post
Ye i do agree as i said but saying no other opinion has merit as you haven't played as many 10ks as me is the wrong way to put forward your opinion. Guess all our opinions are useless once Fedor Holz speaks going by that metric.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTt27pbrjiQ

Respectful behaviour..
This is just cheating when another player is all in. They should kill his hand.
LektorAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 03:27 AM   #1349
oldsilver
MTTLivePro
 
oldsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: back yelling at clouds
Posts: 5,635
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by big white cloud View Post
GG thread.

P.S. isnt it deliciously ironic that one persons incessant chatter complaining about another persons incessant chatter has ruined the thread?
now increasing my cap to 500 posts and 1 ME

we aren't close to finished here. haven't even got to Effel's podcast yet.
oldsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 03:39 AM   #1350
LektorAJ
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LektorAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: none
Posts: 7,712
Re: "9 high like a boss" aka "Check your privilege"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsilver View Post
Anyone with less than one ME entry should shut up
I doubt my Polish Poker Tour main event counts, but my opinions are similar to yours fwiw.

I do agree with you that it's different if someone watches more live poker on TV than they play and they are interested in making it into a good reality show rather than a fair and pleasant playing experience.
LektorAJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive