Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2016, 08:06 PM   #476
epcfast
veteran
 
epcfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,535
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicakman View Post
I'm very oi Stacey and ccl about anything she says, but you guys harping over obtaining knowledge about the straight flush hand is ridiculous. If that idiot kassouf doesn't want any chance of it being known he shouldnt hold it up and show the cameras and crowd. I would go up to every person and ask what he had.

It's not exactly the same but isn't much different from getting hands at the final table from your friends after the delay.
It's more about the fact that she can't get her story straight about how she found out what cards he held.
I'd say there's a non zero chance nobody told her and she just made it up
in an attempt to further justify her fold.
Doubt she can lie straight in bed.
epcfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:40 PM   #477
Aryafsharm
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 198
Re: Kassouf and ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by restorativejustice View Post
Maybe if he didn't always look so miserable he would be featured more.

By the way, when Dan did try to do the table talk in later episodes it came off as very awkward and forced. Great player, but not a great personality.

p.s-- Overall this year's coverage is probably the best in the last 5.
I mean, I agree with you insofar as he's not much of a character. Shows up quietly and plays solid poker. Even when he won the One Drop he looked like he's not very impressed.

That said, I'd watch good players with no personality play pokers over bad players with the sense of humor of Louis CK any day.
Aryafsharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:43 AM   #478
AR!st0tle
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 22
Re: Kassouf and ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryafsharm View Post
I mean, I agree with you insofar as he's not much of a character. Shows up quietly and plays solid poker. Even when he won the One Drop he looked like he's not very impressed.

That said, I'd watch good players with no personality play pokers over bad players with the sense of humor of Louis CK any day.

Dan actually said in Joey's pod that this HU battle with Daniel for the win of a million dollar BI event was pretty much the highlight of his career and as a HU specialist he enjoyed the experience so much that he would've given up the win just to play HU on the biggest stage again. Whether or not he would've actually done it, he was just feeling a little down because this super-duper awesome thing was over.
AR!st0tle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:19 AM   #479
LektorAJ
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LektorAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: none
Posts: 7,714
Re: Kassouf and ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR!st0tle View Post
Dan actually said in Joey's pod that this HU battle with Daniel for the win of a million dollar BI event was pretty much the highlight of his career and as a HU specialist he enjoyed the experience so much that he would've given up the win just to play HU on the biggest stage again. Whether or not he would've actually done it, he was just feeling a little down because this super-duper awesome thing was over.
He's said many things about it, not all of which are totally consistent with each other, but Phil Ivey has also described feeling similar after his wins.

Ultimately though its his life and he's not like some reality show contestant who has to feel a certain way when the director gives the cue. We aren't owed any explanation.
LektorAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:44 AM   #480
ChicagoJoey
Papi
 
ChicagoJoey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: I AM GTO
Posts: 15,420
Re: "9 high like a boss"

LIKE A BOSS
ChicagoJoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:50 AM   #481
deleted acct
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: "9 high like a boss"

I fully admit that I would probably hate him too if he were stalling on my table deep in the main event, but based solely on the hilarious episode I just watched where the entire table was against him, I am now a fan of his

I also think Jack Effel is out of line pretty much every time he speaks to him. Telling him 1 player to a hand when it's HU and he's facing an all-in? Telling him he can't talk anymore because players are whining about it? Pretty ridiculous.

#TeamKassouf
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:00 AM   #482
1hitwonder
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 163
Re: "9 high like a boss"

I agree - #teamkassouf. He may be annoying but he's making valid points. This is part of what makes poker fun - Table talk. Not hoodies, sun glasses and grumpy old men.
1hitwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:10 AM   #483
ChicagoJoey
Papi
 
ChicagoJoey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: I AM GTO
Posts: 15,420
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Haha wow, actually reading through this thread. Stacy has some of the all time best replies in NVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyAcey View Post
F
I finished 169th out of 6770 players. This hand doesn't overshadow it for me.
Have you ever gone that deep?

I've also final tabled wpt in 2005, if you want to do more research?
I made a mistake folding queens.
Get over it, I am .
Thanks !!
BANG BANG


Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherfolk View Post
Imagine you did not speak any english. Having him at your table would still be a mind numbing horror show that could be used in guantanamo to torture prisoners. He is the verbal equivalent of blasting a fog horn every 5 seconds.
lolol


Quote:
Originally Posted by numberonedonk View Post
Cliffs:

OP says Kassouf is a boss while J. Eifel is an idiot.

Stacey Matosun (alleged) shows up in thread defending her play, saying what a POS Kassouf was

Someone brings up the fact that Stacey and Jack have a close working relationship according to her dealer academy webpage and that it's a conflict of interest.

Stacey says that is the dumbest post she has ever seen or something like that and claims there is no relationship between her dealer academy and Jack/WSOP.

Someone does a Whois search that shows Ceasars owns her website domain.

Jack's picture is also posted on her website right below her picture.

She repeatedly deflects saying what a bunch of idiots we are all while never really addressing the conflict of interests.

It becomes quite clear she is probably not right in the head or doesn't understand what a conflict of interest is.

A bunch of other BS gets posted

Here we are


Pretty sure that is the thread in a nutshell but I may have missed or gotten a few things wrong.


This is the post that got me to read through the thread. I thought wait, no way this happened.



"Stacey says that is the dumbest post she has ever seen or something like that and claims there is no relationship between her dealer academy and Jack/WSOP."

Spoiler:





"Someone does a Whois search that shows Ceasars owns her website domain.

Jack's picture is also posted on her website right below her picture."


Spoiler:



"She repeatedly deflects saying what a bunch of idiots we are all while never really addressing the conflict of interests."

Spoiler:



Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyAcey View Post
F
I finished 169th out of 6770 players. This hand doesn't overshadow it for me.
Have you ever gone that deep?
Spoiler:

Last edited by ChicagoJoey; 10-17-2016 at 02:21 AM.
ChicagoJoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:14 AM   #484
onesteptheface
twostepdatazz
 
onesteptheface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 621
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Kassouf is the only one at that table that didn't come off looking like an ass.

He absolutely outclassed that table in every possible way in this episode.



Josephy: "Clown,clown,clown." "This is a horrah show" "I felt I had to talk for you. We're all on the same team here."

Vayo: "I was playing with him earlier, he berated a woman to tears"

Scumbag Bleznick: "I'm losing my mind, I can't take it. This dude is like a $50 nightly grinder........I'll stake you in the $109 rebuy, I promise." "He plays like $10 tournaments."

Niwinski: "What's your name? I'm really sorry you had to go through all that."


Moss: "This is got to be going to the serial offender thing...........he's done nothing against the rules."



Give me a table full of William Kassouf's anyday over these fragile little bitches.

Kassouf IS a boss. Poker is dying. Kassouf shipping the main would of been the greatest thing to happen to poker in a decade.

If you prefer a bunch of scarf wearing silent "pros" who collectively tank and slow the table down just as much, you'll probably get it back next year. Or even better, a similar group of dbags that were featured tonight(not referring to Kassouf). GG poker

Jack Effel is the biggest clown in this episode. Like a Boss.
onesteptheface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:07 AM   #485
CommerceTy
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 196
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Kassouf should of told the table to get off his coconuts right in front of Effel then take a sip of some bottled coconut water.
CommerceTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:25 AM   #486
runlikeyum
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hoodtown
Posts: 57
Re: "9 high like a boss"

I really love that ESPN did not edit these episodes to suit Jack....Will bossed them all, it was fantastic.

Bax should have gotten penalty for sure for his multiple clown remarks.

Was Vayo referring to Stacey? I dont remember seeing any tears? Is this confirmed?
runlikeyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:31 AM   #487
7deuc3
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 293
Re: "9 high like a boss"

the commentators are just as worse, that last episode makes me not want to watch the final table, some uptight bullying, a**holes left in the field thats 4 sure, #9highlikeaboss
7deuc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:44 AM   #488
runlikeyum
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hoodtown
Posts: 57
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Can someone explain the 1 person per hand rule ? I don't get it
runlikeyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:53 AM   #489
4StarEight6
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: 312
Posts: 82
Re: "9 high like a boss"

if you somehow watched this weeks footage, and don't now believe that there was a huge conflict of interest re: Stacy Matuson then you're Ray Charles blind.

and if you don't think Josephy and Bleznick are the biggest jerkweeds in poker, then you're also ray charles blind
4StarEight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:00 AM   #490
BeholdaPaleHorse
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 95
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4StarEight6 View Post
if you somehow watched this weeks footage, and don't now believe that there was a huge conflict of interest re: Stacy Matuson then you're Ray Charles blind.

and if you don't think Josephy and Bleznick are the biggest jerkweeds in poker, then you're also ray charles blind
i get bleznick but why josephy?
BeholdaPaleHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:02 AM   #491
Highfish
adept
 
Highfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 814
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesteptheface View Post
If you prefer a bunch of scarf wearing silent "pros" who collectively tank and slow the table down just as much, you'll probably get it back next year. Or even better, a similar group of dbags that were featured tonight(not referring to Kassouf). GG poker

Jack Effel is the biggest clown in this episode. Like a Boss.

I agree. Kassouf makes it entertaining to watch.
"Like a boss"
Highfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:12 AM   #492
Howard Federline
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 313
Re: "9 high like a boss"

The talking is fine, but taking that long every hand is annoying. Josephy got frustrated because Kassouf was tanking and doing stupid stuff to delay the game on purpose.

When you are pushing the rules to the limit and doing with the intent to delay the game, you should be called out in order to give every player in the tournament a fair amount of time to play hands.
Howard Federline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:21 AM   #493
noImagination
grinder
 
noImagination's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 550
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Quote:
Originally Posted by runlikeyum View Post
Can someone explain the 1 person per hand rule ? I don't get it
if you talking about episode 12 i don't get it also
noImagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:39 AM   #494
YaBoyINthe604
adept
 
YaBoyINthe604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 719
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Kassouf is entertaining the rest are the biggest bunch of babies i've seen at 1 poker table they were unbearable to watch especially Cliff Josephy he acted like a major punk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesteptheface View Post
Kassouf is the only one at that table that didn't come off looking like an ass.

He absolutely outclassed that table in every possible way in this episode.

Josephy: "Clown,clown,clown." "This is a horrah show" "I felt I had to talk for you. We're all on the same team here."

Vayo: "I was playing with him earlier, he berated a woman to tears"

Scumbag Bleznick: "I'm losing my mind, I can't take it. This dude is like a $50 nightly grinder........I'll stake you in the $109 rebuy, I promise." "He plays like $10 tournaments."

Niwinski: "What's your name? I'm really sorry you had to go through all that."


Moss: "This is got to be going to the serial offender thing...........he's done nothing against the rules."

Give me a table full of William Kassouf's anyday over these fragile little bitches.

Kassouf IS a boss. Poker is dying. Kassouf shipping the main would of been the greatest thing to happen to poker in a decade.

If you prefer a bunch of scarf wearing silent "pros" who collectively tank and slow the table down just as much, you'll probably get it back next year. Or even better, a similar group of dbags that were featured tonight(not referring to Kassouf). GG poker

Jack Effel is the biggest clown in this episode. Like a Boss.
YaBoyINthe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:03 AM   #495
Howard Treesong
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Howard Treesong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: In for the long con!
Posts: 14,306
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Kassouf is horrible.
Howard Treesong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:11 AM   #496
epcfast
veteran
 
epcfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,535
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Some proper whiny bitches at that table.
Bax the worst of the lot.
Some nerd "I was playing with him earlier and he berated a woman to tears"
Bax " I read it that's why i came over with an attitude"

When exactly did that happen?

Last edited by epcfast; 10-17-2016 at 08:19 AM.
epcfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:22 AM   #497
fityfmi
old hand
 
fityfmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Only the ladder is real.
Posts: 1,696
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Lol, **** everybody. Kassouf is great.
fityfmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:32 AM   #498
epcfast
veteran
 
epcfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,535
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Hideous TDing from Jack Awful
epcfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:44 AM   #499
U shove i call
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,686
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Have to agree.

The other TD Charlie seemed alot more rational than Jack.
U shove i call is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:48 AM   #500
frankie boyle
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: dundee, scotland
Posts: 525
Re: "9 high like a boss"

the ruling is one player per hand. unless you are scared to speak and uncle cliff has to pipe up for you. later stating: "we're both on the same team here".

is that bordering on collusion?
frankie boyle is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive