Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, and Gossip For poker news, views, and gossip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2016, 08:53 PM   #301
JCHAK
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Inside the RNG
Posts: 1,273
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyAcey View Post
Here's what people actually that were on the table tweeted


@RealKidPoker if the clock caller wasn't in the wrong then why did he apologize? He opened himself up, no? Btw he just sat down ...
Didn't see DNEGS at the table.

Maybe he apologized to placate an entitled, self interested snake bitten player who he knew would not let it go. Especially after seeing she was being catered to by management. It's his right to call the clock and he called the clock.

Also, if Kassouf was getting under other players' skin at the table with his legal table talk, they would obviously snap side with whoever is against him, regardless of merit, especially if he was taking their chips. What people at the table, his opponents in a game for millions, think or say about him should be and is completely beside the point of what is legal or not legal according to the rules of the game, period.

Also, you reference DNEGS in your defense, this is the same guy who just shilled for pStars yet again stating that "raising the rake is good for the games", right, ok, no agenda on anything he says.
JCHAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 09:06 PM   #302
AdamSchwartz
Shippy McShiperson
 
AdamSchwartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 2 twins no cups
Posts: 8,527
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyAcey View Post
Jack making a decision for a penalty towards William was because
> fact William was warned repeatedly he was breaking rules of the "content of his banter " and not when he is closing the action. It's in their rule books upon entering. Read em
And still when warned he ignored the floor , next step was penalty.

If you watched tonight's episode Norman Chad repeatedly even said I still don't think it's right to talk non stop when you're opponent has a decision to make. Make your debate on the issue and quit obsessing over me lol.

His penalty didn't affect me or help me in any way. That had to do with William and it would have happened against any player. As it does again on day 7 which will be aired.

I don't care if you believe the facts.
I just feel sorry for you that have no life and have spent your Sunday researching my entrepreneurial article. lol.

I finished 169th out of 6770 players. This hand doesn't overshadow it for me.
Have you ever gone that deep?

I've also final tabled wpt in 2005, if you want to do more research?
I made a mistake folding queens.
Get over it, I am .
Thanks !!

Ps ..one of the November 9 Hallart is a tournament director! Not for Wsop but Same field as well. Who cares!
Go on with your life bro.
As someone that jumps to defend people that deserve it, you make it impossible for me.

If the dealers you churn out of the school lack the ability to think critically like you do, the quality of dealers in the poker community is in serious doubt.

Also, the fact that you went deep in the main doesn't make you a good player so stop bragging like a 12 year old about it.
AdamSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 09:40 PM   #303
BklynGrinder
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 756
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyAcey View Post
Your post is complete bull**** seriously. Wow.The hand never took 9 min and Perhaps you're probably the person who actually called the clock if you like you said you were actually on the table?!. And if you listen clearly to GORDON Vayo who made the November 9 - he said I had a number in my head to call the clock and it still hadn't reached that time yet minutes after the hand ended. The hand did seem a little crazy at the end but that's because William kept disregarding the floor and Jack to shut up and all
Of the theatrics , once he got penalized immediately after those warnings and I went into the tank I had 60 seconds of quiet to think. That's why the table all chimed in, regardless I should have called but didn't. End of story. I'm
So past it , it's over and on to the next.

Your condescending comment of I've had my 15 min, I didn't ask for this. They decided what they wanted to air and yes I got a considerate amount of tv, but it wasn't my first tv appearance and I'm not after being well known at all. I was just trying to make history like everyone there , trying to be the first female in a long time make a main event final. I apologize you didn't get exposure but that was their call.
Peace.
Not all of us are after the exposure sweetheart, this isn't reality TV. I could care less if I wasnt shown more on the telecast as you and William seemed to love the TV time. I might be off by a minute so the hand might of taken 8 mins to play out. Either way have some respect for your table mates that want to see more hands, this is a poker game it's not preview for a new reality show starring Stacey matuson and friends . 15 min almost gone , enjoy .
BklynGrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 09:50 PM   #304
Lawnmower Man
Pooh-Bah
 
Lawnmower Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,774
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Strong case of NPD in this thread.
Lawnmower Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:45 PM   #305
bellyfrog
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 136
Re: "9 high like a boss"

I liked Kassouf before this thread but I like him even more now.
bellyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:50 AM   #306
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 51,382
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraguePoker View Post
Seriously, what do you want? To keep anyone who has a relationship with the WSOP, Ceasars, or tournament director out of the tournament? That's just silly. I would imagine a greater conflict of interest is the tournament trying to keep big names in the event longer, driving greater interest, higher ratings, etc. Should Helmuth and Negraneau be excluded from the tournament based on that? What if you are a regular customer of the casino, a known whale, should you be barred from the main event? The WSOP must work with countless suppliers to put on a tournament of that size, should any supplier to the WSOP, or Ceasars, be excluded from participating? The management of the catering company? The guy who prints the badges? What about ex dealers who once worked for Ceasars? Tournament director neighbors? Family members?
Given that I think you're the first person to suggest any of those things, I'd say no. Now it could well be that conflicts are difficult or even impossible to avoid; I said as much myself. But I'm not certain this is the case. Either way, when a website makes it appear that they work together, that's a pretty strong conflict - stronger than most, if not all, of those you've listed above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyAcey View Post
You just shut all the bs posts down "like a boss ".
Most intelligent and on point post of this entire thread.
No, not really, but at least he was able to address the conflict situation in some fashion. For some reason, you seem unable to answer even the simplest question about it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
Do you know if there are any tournament rules that address conflict of interest, and if not, do you feel there should be any?
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:15 AM   #307
numberonedonk
veteran
 
numberonedonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Thailand
Posts: 2,139
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyAcey View Post
So done with this topic. I'm done.
Good luck all.
You said that about 13.50 posts ago.
numberonedonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 02:20 AM   #308
PraguePoker
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 319
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
Given that I think you're the first person to suggest any of those things, I'd say no. Now it could well be that conflicts are difficult or even impossible to avoid; I said as much myself. But I'm not certain this is the case. Either way, when a website makes it appear that they work together, that's a pretty strong conflict - stronger than most, if not all, of those you've listed above.
As I stated in my previous post, there are conflicts of interest galore throughout the main event. It's the nature of any event with many thousands of participants. You can never avoid conflicts like this, to do so would dramatically limit the field. And as I also stated, in my opinion the greatest conflict is the WSOP's desire to see a big name or two make the final table. And nobody is going to ban big names from the event... If you want to go after conflicts, start there.

In any case, I also asked what is to be done, and neither you nor anyone else has provided any answers. You are simply, in classic Cartman fashion, "Asking the questions!" Which is fine, but at some point you need to propose some actual solutions to all of your sound and fury.

I think the solution is simple: rely on the integrity and professionalism of the people who manage the event, beginning with the tournament director. And once that credibility is lost, changes should be made asap.

So can anyone here point to any pattern of favoritism from the tournament director, or any other senior official affiliated with the WSOP, to anyone participating in the main event? I don't mean nitpicking to death one ruling taken in isolation, I'm looking for a pattern of preferential treatment towards one participant, i.e. evidence. Can you provide some?

[Crickets]

This entire thread was started by someone who wanted to launch a personal attack against the tournament director. He admitted as such. And yet this incident is a weak foundation on which to build that case. It's not easy to manage events of this size, to have to make quick rulings on camera in high pressure situations with less than perfect information. Nobody is perfect. Overall, at least from what I've seen on TV, the WSOP is managed well. Yes, I think she deserved more time to think, but these things happen in an event of this size.

But if you whiners and misogynists ("sweetheart") have a different opinion and are prepared to present actual evidence, I'm all ears (or, in this case, eyes).

Last edited by PraguePoker; 10-05-2016 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Grammar, spelling
PraguePoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:48 AM   #309
SwoopAE
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SwoopAE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 21,805
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Tournament director is a ****ing moron on a power trip here for lack of any better terms, I can't see anything he did during the hand that is worthy of a penalty, way to make poker boring. None of the other players are at fault either, at the end of the day Effel went on a power trip I assume because he doesn't like Kassouf. Would he have EVER penalised Negreanu or Hellmuth in that spot? Never.

Pet peeve of mine is TDs who overstep their authority

I have lost all respect for Effel for how he handled the situation. Disgraceful to penalise in this spot.

Last edited by SwoopAE; 10-05-2016 at 03:54 AM.
SwoopAE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 05:18 AM   #310
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 51,382
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraguePoker View Post
As I stated in my previous post, there are conflicts of interest galore throughout the main event. It's the nature of any event with many thousands of participants. You can never avoid conflicts like this, to do so would dramatically limit the field.
Which I already addressed - most, if not all, of those examples are not at the same level of conflict. And I don't know why you keep talking about limiting the field - I haven't seen anyone suggest that players not be allowed in the tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraguePoker View Post
In any case, I also asked what is to be done, and neither you nor anyone else has provided any answers. You are simply, in classic Cartman fashion, "Asking the questions!" Which is fine, but at some point you need to propose some actual solutions to all of your sound and fury.
I hardly think a few posts pointing out the conflict and asking questions rates as "sound and fury". And I'm not offering answers because I couldn't possibly do so without answers to my own questions. Without knowing if there are already rules around conflicts of interest, or knowing if conflicts of interest of this level are common, I couldn't say whether any solutions are needed or even plausible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraguePoker View Post
So can anyone here point to any pattern of favoritism from the tournament director, or any other senior official affiliated with the WSOP, to anyone participating in the main event? I don't mean nitpicking to death one ruling taken in isolation, I'm looking for a pattern of preferential treatment towards one participant, i.e. evidence. Can you provide some?

[Crickets]
Yes, if you ask about something no one has suggested, you sometimes will get [Crickets]...what's your point? Whether anyone has spotted a pattern of favoritism or not, and even whether there has ever been one or not, really has no bearing on the situation. It *could* suggest there's no problem, or it may simply mean that thus far no one has been influenced by a conflict, which doesn't lessen the possibility of it happening in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraguePoker View Post
But if you whiners and misogynists ("sweetheart") have a different opinion and are prepared to present actual evidence, I'm all ears (or, in this case, eyes).
Not sure who you're speaking to here, unless you're just sloppily labeling any poster who disagrees with you, but no one's going to be providing you with evidence of an accusation that hasn't been made.

This really is a simple subject. Someone pointed out the conflict of interest, Stacy came back to tell us there was no conflict, and then when she was corrected on the matter and asked a couple of simple questions, she's chosen to ignore the topic.

I have no horse in this race. I don't have a problem with the ruling, and I don't play tournaments. But when I see someone like Stacy come in and make incorrect statements, sometimes I see fit to jump into a conversation. Not sure why this has you feeling the need to come in with condescension and insults.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 05:19 AM   #311
bigpotpoker
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: due
Posts: 2,537
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Jack is on a power trip for sure. Stacey is just a joke who can't think and just says dumb ****. Congrats on your 2005 WPT final table LMAO. She thinks a clock can't be called on her because she's a woman. That's the truth. I'll call a clock on her if she's ever at my table much faster.
bigpotpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:01 AM   #312
roddy
adept
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: manchester uk
Posts: 980
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Stacey you keep typing LOL but I'm not sensing much laughing.

PS
Can you answer Bobos question.
roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:30 AM   #313
bundy5
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bundy5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,544
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
Tournament director is a ****ing moron on a power trip here for lack of any better terms, I can't see anything he did during the hand that is worthy of a penalty, way to make poker boring. None of the other players are at fault either, at the end of the day Effel went on a power trip I assume because he doesn't like Kassouf. Would he have EVER penalised Negreanu or Hellmuth in that spot? Never.

Pet peeve of mine is TDs who overstep their authority

I have lost all respect for Effel for how he handled the situation. Disgraceful to penalise in this spot.
I was hoping you would pop up, and it isn't a surprise your take on it especially in light of your performance a few years back:

At 10.20

bundy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:52 AM   #314
PraguePoker
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 319
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
This really is a simple subject. Someone pointed out the conflict of interest, Stacy came back to tell us there was no conflict, and then when she was corrected on the matter and asked a couple of simple questions, she's chosen to ignore the topic.

I have no horse in this race. I don't have a problem with the ruling, and I don't play tournaments. But when I see someone like Stacy come in and make incorrect statements, sometimes I see fit to jump into a conversation. Not sure why this has you feeling the need to come in with condescension and insults.
Well, we are in complete agreement that there is without a doubt a conflict of interest, and I think we're in agreement that this is just one of many conflicts present during the main event. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, so long as we all understand it. And, again, so long as those in charge of the event act more or less fairly and consistently. There will always be mistakes, but so long as there is no pattern of favoritism, I don't think there is an issue.

I did not mean to condescend or insult, certainly not to you.
PraguePoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:45 AM   #315
PTLou
Jellybean
 
PTLou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,801
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraguePoker View Post

I did not mean to condescend or insult, certainly not to you.
you are doing it wrong, bobo top of my list to catch in a situation where you could insult for fun and profit. sadly, doesn't happen much tho.

re: thread, I think Stacey finally surmised NVG is not solvable.

ftr, as a consumer of poker shows, Im a big fan of nine high like a boss man from the UK. as a player it would get tilting quickly.

Last edited by PTLou; 10-05-2016 at 08:52 AM.
PTLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:22 AM   #316
frankie boyle
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: dundee, scotland
Posts: 525
Re: "9 high like a boss"

This thread needs 9 stars like a boss.
frankie boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 10:11 AM   #317
Neil S
King of the sidebar
 
Neil S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 18,976
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHAK View Post
It's really not a good thing when the hottest head in this video is a power tripping Tournament Director in Jack Effel, waving his hands in the personal space of a player, making arbitrary & rash decisions etc.

weak
Finding out he's in business with the 'victim' explains it perfectly though. Looking out for a friend.
Neil S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 10:52 AM   #318
epcfast
veteran
 
epcfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,535
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Wiilaim Kassouf "9 high like a boss"
Stacy Matuson "They nicknamed me the Ninja because I would trap players and become deadly."
epcfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 11:41 AM   #319
onemoretimes
veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,247
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Amazing how many people say he tilts them and hate poker because of guys like him. I think in reality, if you scanned the 2+2 forums.. you will find in general most people have built up anger about stupid ****.

The good Ole easy money days are gone, and the majority of players are now angry because they grind day in and day out for cheesburgers. What would be the take on this guy if everyone was still making 6 figures + a year?
onemoretimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:22 PM   #320
AllJackedUp
veteran
 
AllJackedUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Cashing rakeback monies
Posts: 2,586
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Seriously, stop defending Kassouf.

116. Etiquette Violations: Repeated etiquette violations will result in the imposition of penalties assessed by the Tournament Staff. Examples include, but are not limited to, unnecessarily touching other participants’ cards or chips, body, or clothing, delay of the game, repeatedly acting out of turn, betting out of reach of the dealer, or excessive chatter. Excessive chatter includes, but is not limited to, talking or conversation that causes a disruption of participants who are in a hand.

Talk all you want when action is on you; don't disrupt another player's right to consider their action when it's their turn. This isn't that hard and the poker community defending this guy is making themselves look really bad. Just stop.
AllJackedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:13 PM   #321
PTLou
Jellybean
 
PTLou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,801
Re: "9 high like a boss"

^^^

Like I said, as value for produced poker TV he is top top . ESPN obviously thought the same

As a player if you can't gain edge from his antics then you are doing it wrong

Based on all the hands we saw , I already saw a few glaring tells confirmed multiple times

Bring on the nine high boss. I'd consider it a lucky table draw , especially if we were both deep .
PTLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:49 PM   #322
EvilGreebo
banned
 
EvilGreebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 3,526
Re: "9 high like a boss"

TD's major mistake:

TD : Let's stop talking till hand is over
Her: Why are you trying to bust me?
Him: I'm not trying to bust you
TD: SIR!
... and a bit later
Him: I said I'll show, I'll keep it friendly (in response to her muttering)
Her: But you're going to show me the worst hand
Him : starts to respond
TD: SIR penalty blah blya
Him: SHe keeps on talking to me
TD: She's not talking to you...

Yeah, dude, she totally DID talk to him, you can see her LOOKING AT HIM while she talks to him.

TD - pathetic

But once he's told to stop talking, yeah, the hand gestures are clearly violating the intent of the TD's statement. But basically the TD was completely one sided here.
EvilGreebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:38 PM   #323
harkin
Pooh-Bah
 
harkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tahoe
Posts: 3,746
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynGrinder View Post
.....in my personal experience give me a table of 8 Williams than jus one of Stacey.

lol does not realize ea. hand would be 8 times more drawn out.

Dood is a t**t and a drama queen and a time waster.

We need less of these in poker, not more.

If his lame schtick is fresh to you, best go back to watching the Kardashians.
harkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 04:01 PM   #324
WateryBoil
Pooh-Bah
 
WateryBoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: And mine are long and sharp my Lord
Posts: 5,714
Re: "9 high like a boss"

give me a capitao or a kassouf over any of these antisocial ****ing grinders that smell like soup.

i love drinking beers and talking/needling while im playing poker so, yeah, the TD penalty is absolutely absurd. If you dont like his talking, ignore him. If its a cash game move, if its a tournament put in some headphones.

When a guy like kassouf sees you are greatly annoyed by him, he will sense the weakness and just needle more. Thick skin laugh it off and all that. IMO his schtick will only work on new/learning players and scrubs who get annoyed by him. watch gregg play his game against him he barely bats an eye.
WateryBoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 04:06 PM   #325
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 51,382
Re: "9 high like a boss"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraguePoker View Post
Well, we are in complete agreement that there is without a doubt a conflict of interest, and I think we're in agreement that this is just one of many conflicts present during the main event. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, so long as we all understand it. And, again, so long as those in charge of the event act more or less fairly and consistently. There will always be mistakes, but so long as there is no pattern of favoritism, I don't think there is an issue.

I did not mean to condescend or insult, certainly not to you.
Mostly agreed; I'm just not sure whether conflicts of this level happen often.

And don't get me wrong, sometimes I'm perfectly deserving of condescension or insults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTLou View Post
you are doing it wrong, bobo top of my list to catch in a situation where you could insult for fun and profit.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive