Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register

09-26-2010 , 04:51 PM
He'll have lost the money by this time tomorrow.

But srsly, WP Gus!!!
Quote
09-26-2010 , 04:53 PM
Congrats Gus, gg
Quote
09-26-2010 , 04:53 PM
WORLD HEADS UP CHAMPION. THE BEST AT THIS FORM OF POKER.
Quote
09-26-2010 , 04:54 PM
GUS HANSEN BRACELET WINNER :O
Quote
09-26-2010 , 04:55 PM
stoked on the people who won a bracelet so far
Quote
09-26-2010 , 04:55 PM
congrats gus
Quote
09-26-2010 , 04:55 PM
congrats gus!
well done.
Quote
09-26-2010 , 04:56 PM
44 vs king4: coppoly couldnt pull a rabbit out this time..........

Gus Hansen opened for 91,000 on the button and Jim Collopy pushed for around 1.2 million.

Gus Hansen said many things while he was contemplating what to do. Among them were, "I'm getting tired," and then a moment later, "This is probably a bit light, but I call."

On their backs.

Collopy: {k-Spades}{4-Spades}
Hansen: {4-Hearts}{4-Diamonds}

Board: {j-Spades}{5-Clubs}{6-Diamonds}{10-Spades}{3-Diamonds}

Collopy stood with his hands behind his back, his head slightly lowered, looking for all the world like a captain going down with his ship. No kings came in for him, nor did his turned flush draw materialise on the river. The best hand held up, and it was all over.

Still, plenty of time for Mr. Collopy - he's only 21, and we suspect we'll see him at another final table pretty soon.
Quote
09-26-2010 , 04:57 PM
gus will be online soon i'd say
Quote
09-26-2010 , 05:03 PM
Gus please don't donate all the winnings online tonight

Spoiler:
unless agaisnt isildur1
Quote
09-26-2010 , 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthAlgar
44 vs king4: coppoly couldnt pull a rabbit out this time..........

Gus Hansen opened for 91,000 on the button and Jim Collopy pushed for around 1.2 million.

Gus Hansen said many things while he was contemplating what to do. Among them were, "I'm getting tired," and then a moment later, "This is probably a bit light, but I call."

On their backs.

Collopy: {k-Spades}{4-Spades}
Hansen: {4-Hearts}{4-Diamonds}

Board: {j-Spades}{5-Clubs}{6-Diamonds}{10-Spades}{3-Diamonds}

Collopy stood with his hands behind his back, his head slightly lowered, looking for all the world like a captain going down with his ship. No kings came in for him, nor did his turned flush draw materialise on the river. The best hand held up, and it was all over.

Still, plenty of time for Mr. Collopy - he's only 21, and we suspect we'll see him at another final table pretty soon.
I know the reported/showdown hands don't tell the whole story, but vs. Gus this Collopy guy really seemed like he did not even try to get it in good. But then again he must have gotten to the final somehow......so whatever!
Quote
09-26-2010 , 05:12 PM
Gus Hansen - best NLH player in the world!
Quote
09-26-2010 , 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billstraightener
Gus please don't donate all the winnings online tonight

Spoiler:
unless agaisnt isildur1
i like ur quote^^

nice1 gus
Quote
09-26-2010 , 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masq
Gus Hansen - best NLH player in the world!
A+ level
Quote
09-26-2010 , 05:25 PM
WP Gus!
Quote
09-26-2010 , 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin
A+ level
He got through a field of 102 people including Ivey, Dwan, Negreanu, Huck and other well rated NLH players. He's the best.
Quote
09-26-2010 , 05:50 PM
congrats gus

Last edited by timistere; 09-26-2010 at 05:51 PM. Reason: what a hero
Quote
09-26-2010 , 06:01 PM
Pleased for Gussy taking down his first WSOP bracelet in the 10k HU NL High-Rollers event in London!
Quote
09-26-2010 , 06:02 PM
How much?
Quote
09-26-2010 , 06:06 PM
800k or so. Don't think I can post links but go look on WSOPE website! He deserved it and played very well.
Quote
09-26-2010 , 06:07 PM
well played flood that **** right my way please.
Quote
09-26-2010 , 06:08 PM
What?
Quote
09-26-2010 , 06:09 PM
wp gus happy for him. Seems like a genuinely nice guy
Quote
09-26-2010 , 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitdur?
800k or so. Don't think I can post links but go look on WSOPE website! He deserved it and played very well.
[ ] 800k or so
[x] 288,409
Quote
09-26-2010 , 06:11 PM
Sorry misread, that's the prize-pool lol.
Quote

      
m