Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, Gossip and Books For poker news, views, gossip and books.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2019, 05:03 AM   #26
DownWithTheSucknes
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 15
Re: Pokerking Asia frozen accounts.

After a long break of poker I wanted to play again and thought Poker King would be cool. Can I do it on my own now there or do you still need some kind of managers?
DownWithTheSucknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:50 AM   #27
PKAban
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 28
Re: Pokerking Asia frozen accounts.

I know they aren't PR guys but you would have thought Nick / John would have at least made a comment somewhere (even on Twitter) but nope. Everyone just left in the dark not knowing if accounts will be unfrozen and money is safe
PKAban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:59 AM   #28
lindyhppr
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 79
Re: Pokerking Asia frozen accounts.

Iím the head of security for Poker King. I was forwarded this link by one of our executives and wanted to respond.

Around two and a half weeks ago, Poker King discovered several of our affiliates (known as community heads) were on-boarding bots and players that were using assisted software.

These community heads (CH) were responsible for bringing in real players, managing cashouts/deposits/giving credit, and providing support to the players. Unfortunately, either through direct malice or careless promotion, they brought on large groups of bot accounts along with players who were running these accounts. In order to contain the bots and prevent cash outs from the offending parties, all communities in this group were frozen.

We are now in the process of sorting through an extremely large amount of player hand histories, transaction data, and conducting player interviews to determine which accounts were bots, associated with bot accounts, and which accounts were playing using assisted software. We are expecting the process to take approximately another week (though it could be longer due to the shear amount of data we're looking at) - communities and players will be notified as they are processed.

Once the process is completed, real players (i.e. not bots) who have not participated in collusion or collaborative play will be able to get their money back. In all cases though, these communities will be closed and the accounts will no longer be able to used for play. This is to prevent further abuse by bot rings to abuse the cash out privileges afforded to this group of communities.

Poker King was started by players who love this game. The team is committed to keep the player pool safe, bot-free, and collusion free. We apologize for the inconvenience but we believe it is an absolute necessity that the people who are behind the bots and cheating are caught, punished, and removed from the site in their entirety.
lindyhppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:05 AM   #29
lindyhppr
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 79
Re: Pokerking Asia frozen accounts.

FYI, several communities were processed (and should be notified) today. Additional communities will be processed daily as the analysis is completed.
lindyhppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:11 AM   #30
PKAban
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 28
Re: Pokerking Asia frozen accounts.

yay, thank you. A simple post like that can really put peoples minds at ease.

Quote:
Once the process is completed, real players (i.e. not bots) who have not participated in collusion or collaborative play will be able to get their money back. In all cases though, these communities will be closed and the accounts will no longer be able to used for play. This is to prevent further abuse by bot rings to abuse the cash out privileges afforded to this group of communities.
So is this saying, even though i will get my money back. i 100% wont be able to play? How do we know which communities are allowed and which arnt?

Last edited by PKAban; 03-19-2019 at 07:19 AM.
PKAban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:19 AM   #31
lindyhppr
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 79
Re: Pokerking Asia frozen accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKAban View Post
yay, thank you. A simple post like that can really put peoples minds at ease.




So is this saying, even though i will get my money back. i 100% wont be able to play?

How do we know which communities are allowed and which arnt?
Yes, that is correct. You will get your money back (provided the conditions stated above - not a bot, no collusion, no sw assistance). All communities that are frozen now will be disbanded. Any new community you join will be a valid one since the problematic ones will no longer exist. Hope that helps.
lindyhppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:20 AM   #32
PKAban
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 28
Re: Pokerking Asia frozen accounts.

Thats great. Thanks for coming into the thread. Just the waiting game now.
PKAban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:42 AM   #33
HU4hoes
veteran
 
HU4hoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: London
Posts: 3,026
Re: Pokerking Asia frozen accounts.

I've been banned since end of feb, still havent heard anything
HU4hoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:07 AM   #34
TimStone
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TimStone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: all across Asia
Posts: 8,372
Re: Pokerking Asia frozen accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindyhppr View Post
Iím the head of security for Poker King. I was forwarded this link by one of our executives and wanted to respond.

Around two and a half weeks ago, Poker King discovered several of our affiliates (known as community heads) were on-boarding bots and players that were using assisted software.

These community heads (CH) were responsible for bringing in real players, managing cashouts/deposits/giving credit, and providing support to the players. Unfortunately, either through direct malice or careless promotion, they brought on large groups of bot accounts along with players who were running these accounts. In order to contain the bots and prevent cash outs from the offending parties, all communities in this group were frozen.

We are now in the process of sorting through an extremely large amount of player hand histories, transaction data, and conducting player interviews to determine which accounts were bots, associated with bot accounts, and which accounts were playing using assisted software. We are expecting the process to take approximately another week (though it could be longer due to the shear amount of data we're looking at) - communities and players will be notified as they are processed.

Once the process is completed, real players (i.e. not bots) who have not participated in collusion or collaborative play will be able to get their money back. In all cases though, these communities will be closed and the accounts will no longer be able to used for play. This is to prevent further abuse by bot rings to abuse the cash out privileges afforded to this group of communities.

Poker King was started by players who love this game. The team is committed to keep the player pool safe, bot-free, and collusion free. We apologize for the inconvenience but we believe it is an absolute necessity that the people who are behind the bots and cheating are caught, punished, and removed from the site in their entirety.
for the case you are in fact head of security power to you and i hope you clean up properly. It's a good sign that you won't accept to end up in a situation like Pokermaster which is great for all players who want fair games.

However communication on this was still poor. This post should've went up at least 2 weeks ago on 2+2 in order to keep players informed.


cheers
TimStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:11 AM   #35
TimStone
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TimStone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: all across Asia
Posts: 8,372
Re: Pokerking Asia frozen accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindyhppr View Post
not a bot, no collusion, no sw assistance).
also can you elaborate on sw assitance. Nearly everybody is using HUDs like H2N or HEM. You specifically mean "semi-bots" which display which action you have to take and the player still needs to click the buttons - correct?

thanks
TimStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:18 AM   #36
HU4hoes
veteran
 
HU4hoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: London
Posts: 3,026
Re: Pokerking Asia frozen accounts.

apparently theres a big sign on the app saying no HUDs allowed but it's really hard to put a stop to it
HU4hoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:59 AM   #37
shorshi
adept
 
shorshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 737
Re: Pokerking Asia frozen accounts.

obv this is about realtime-solvers, not a ****ing HUD
shorshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:52 AM   #38
mosquito!
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 266
Re: Pokerking Asia frozen accounts.

Happy for this thread, wanted to start something as well.

had about 30k€ total there, but managed to withdraw about 7k€ cause my agent had 2 union, one is completely frozen and other is good to play, but ofc didn't wanted to continue until this is resolved.

@lindyhppr
I'm happy that this is done to have better playing experience in future but I really hope there wont be any unfair and no explanations money confiscating.

Since most of us use hud, and we have hh I'm sure legit players can prove that they are just humans who make stupid errors, from time to time.
mosquito! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:13 PM   #39
bumpnrun
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: lol imo
Posts: 2,843
Re: Pokerking Asia frozen accounts.

So thereís a ban on HUDs, but the playing for profit community have their usual ďthose rules donít apply to meĒ attitude while they take money from those who are playing the game within the rules

Surely the only correct result of this is all bots, colluders and software cheats- {HUD users} have their accounts banned and balances confiscated ?
bumpnrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:15 PM   #40
yasuo
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,833
Re: Pokerking Asia frozen accounts.

if Huds are not allowed and you use it you deserve to have your money confiscated
yasuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:17 PM   #41
TimStone
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TimStone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: all across Asia
Posts: 8,372
Re: Pokerking Asia frozen accounts.

Where do you get that Huds aren't allowed? Links/sources please, many thanks
TimStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:06 AM   #42
meale
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
meale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Posts: 9,840
Re: Pokerking Asia frozen accounts.

As far as I'm aware HUDs/Minion/etc are 100% allowed.
meale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:19 AM   #43
lindyhppr
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 79
Re: Pokerking Asia frozen accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HU4hoes View Post
I've been banned since end of feb, still havent heard anything
There will be daily processing of communities and accounts. You should keep in touch with your community head/agent to get the latest information. Your agent will be responsible for returning your account funds (unless you have access to a Chinese processing method).
lindyhppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:24 AM   #44
lindyhppr
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 79
Re: Pokerking Asia frozen accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosquito! View Post
Happy for this thread, wanted to start something as well.

had about 30k€ total there, but managed to withdraw about 7k€ cause my agent had 2 union, one is completely frozen and other is good to play, but ofc didn't wanted to continue until this is resolved.

@lindyhppr
I'm happy that this is done to have better playing experience in future but I really hope there wont be any unfair and no explanations money confiscating.

Since most of us use hud, and we have hh I'm sure legit players can prove that they are just humans who make stupid errors, from time to time.
Money will be confiscated for the following reasons: use of bots, use of assisted SW (not HUDS), and collusion.

HUDS and data mining are not allowed. We are evaluating how to enforce this violation effectively moving forward.
lindyhppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:30 AM   #45
HU4hoes
veteran
 
HU4hoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: London
Posts: 3,026
Re: Pokerking Asia frozen accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindyhppr View Post
There will be daily processing of communities and accounts. You should keep in touch with your community head/agent to get the latest information. Your agent will be responsible for returning your account funds (unless you have access to a Chinese processing method).
we have and our agent hasn't heard anything either.
Daily processing of communities? come on, it's been 3.5 weeks!
like this surely makes us one of the first communities banned on the site surely this should've been processed by now?
HU4hoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:32 AM   #46
HU4hoes
veteran
 
HU4hoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: London
Posts: 3,026
Re: Pokerking Asia frozen accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimStone View Post
Where do you get that Huds aren't allowed? Links/sources please, many thanks
it's on the app written in chinese. i currently can't get access to it to show you where
HU4hoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:33 AM   #47
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,125
Re: Pokerking Asia frozen accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindyhppr View Post
Money will be confiscated for the following reasons: use of bots, use of assisted SW (not HUDS), and collusion.

HUDS and data mining are not allowed. We are evaluating how to enforce this violation effectively moving forward.
If you wish to continue posting as a rep, email me at the address in my profile, from an official PokerKing (or whatever site you're representing) email address. If you can't find it, PM me and I can PM you back with it. Poker site reps need to be verified to post on our site - we have no idea who you are, or if you're an actual authorized rep.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:21 AM   #48
DownWithTheSucknes
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 15
Re: Pokerking Asia frozen accounts.

So are accounts unfrozen now? Can players go on? Would like to play there
DownWithTheSucknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:28 AM   #49
lindyhppr
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 79
Re: Pokerking Asia frozen accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HU4hoes View Post
we have and our agent hasn't heard anything either.
Daily processing of communities? come on, it's been 3.5 weeks!
like this surely makes us one of the first communities banned on the site surely this should've been processed by now?
Iím sorry itís taken this long but to be honest we were not initially equipped to process and analyze this amount of data in a short period of time. In addition, we had just onboarded John and Nick to help with site security. We are taking the conservative route and making sure the process is done correctly. It took us a while to establish the process for identifying bots, getting 3rd party opinions to validate our process, and documenting the findings for each community.
lindyhppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:21 AM   #50
anauna
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 39
Re: Pokerking Asia frozen accounts.

When players can play? My account is unforzen but i cannot see any short deck games and my agent told me do not play yet
anauna is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive