Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, Gossip and Books For poker news, views, gossip and books.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #151
Jamie Platinum
Moonwalking
 
Jamie Platinum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,198
Re: Multi-accounting cheating at high stakes - Jared Bleznick and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouFold2Me View Post
Lol.... @ 12:19
]

I legit lol'd. What was that
Jamie Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:57 PM   #152
SleeveOfWizard
veteran
 
SleeveOfWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Crushing
Posts: 2,550
Re: Multi-accounting cheating at high stakes - Jared Bleznick and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masq View Post
Question to durrr: In a video you alluded to playing online post black friday.

In the following interview you did not provide a definitive answer when asked. One may read between the lines into what you said.



Source: http://www.pokerplayer.co.uk/news/fe..._did_next.html

So which poker site were you playing on and which account? I do not believe your Pokerstars account has been online since your signing.
long90110 i randomly overheard in vegas, no idea who the ppl were though
SleeveOfWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #153
Wilbury Twist
Pooh-Bah
 
Wilbury Twist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 4977 miles from Kells
Posts: 5,300
Re: Multi-accounting cheating at high stakes - Jared Bleznick and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Of The Free? View Post
Yes Durrrr, you scumbag, answer the mighty Masq at once!

He who has been trying to beat 10PLO for years and years, He whose daily achievements dwarf all of yours and whose thousands of hours spent railing/voyeuring successful people's lives give him the divine right to question your every move.

Spoiler:
Meh, Masq's stakes/results have no bearing here. He has a right to ask, but it's a futile question on his part: if Dwan wouldn't answer the question in that interview, he probably won't answer it here.
Wilbury Twist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #154
YouFold2Me
old hand
 
YouFold2Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: AC
Posts: 1,803
Re: Multi-accounting cheating at high stakes - Jared Bleznick and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Platinum View Post
]

I legit lol'd. What was that
Cracks me up every time I watch. . He's so **** weird lol
YouFold2Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #155
moneybag09
adept
 
moneybag09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Being one with the fish
Posts: 1,121
Re: Multi-accounting cheating at high stakes - Jared Bleznick and more

Ladies and gentlemen, i do believe we play a game that mostly prays on the misfortune of others and the lessor competent, the fact that anybody could ask for honesty and integrity playing poker is ridiculous, we drive ourselves towards money and greed wanting a fairer playing field? This is disgusting and downright absurd to think we deserve any better than we have right now, the moment you know a weaker player is about to give you action willing or not you are essentially being deceitful, and in all honesty there really is no way this issue will ever get resolved - Stop hating each other and just play regardless, the moment you feel money is the most important commodity, is the moment you fail in life
moneybag09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #156
spacecakezzz
old hand
 
spacecakezzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,932
Re: Multi-accounting cheating at high stakes - Jared Bleznick and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneybag09 View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, i do believe we play a game that mostly prays on the misfortune of others and the lessor competent, the fact that anybody could ask for honesty and integrity playing poker is ridiculous, we drive ourselves towards money and greed wanting a fairer playing field? This is disgusting and downright absurd to think we deserve any better than we have right now, the moment you know a weaker player is about to give you action willing or not you are essentially being deceitful, and in all honesty there really is no way this issue will ever get resolved - Stop hating each other and just play regardless, the moment you feel money is the most important commodity, is the moment you fail in life
this is absurd. surely you can try to win within the rules without dishonesty.

btw most businesses in the world "prey" upon people will less skill than them. For example a plumber is going to prey on the fact that you don't understand plumbing and/or don't have the time to do his job and ask you for money for his services. Is it ok for him to fix something then "loosen" a pipe somewhere else that will cause it to burst and give him more work? or steal your silverware while at your house? no. he should do his job honestly...as should poker players.
spacecakezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:43 PM   #157
moneybag09
adept
 
moneybag09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Being one with the fish
Posts: 1,121
Re: Multi-accounting cheating at high stakes - Jared Bleznick and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecakezzz View Post
btw most businesses in the world "prey" upon people will less skill than them. For example a plumber is going to prey on the fact that you don't understand plumbing and/or don't have the time to do his job and ask you for money for his services
exactly, so why should we demand respect and honesty?

Anyway this is just my opinion and im entitled to it just like you, i have nothing more to say
moneybag09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #158
luckofficial
adept
 
luckofficial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anarchyland Posts: 999,999
Posts: 1,090
Re: Multi-accounting cheating at high stakes - Jared Bleznick and more

i guess that if tom played online in pokerstars or else he would let know the other hs plrs who he was n why he had to play from a specific account
plus maybe ask them not to say in public which that account was for many reasons at that time

some hs plrs also think he's a fish so they could be really cool with that
luckofficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #159
Masq
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,407
Re: Multi-accounting cheating at high stakes - Jared Bleznick and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbury Twist View Post
Meh, Masq's stakes/results have no bearing here. He has a right to ask, but it's a futile question on his part: if Dwan wouldn't answer the question in that interview, he probably won't answer it here.
Thanks . I didn't want to derail or bicker when I obv got pwned so hard earlier

I never really expected a yes/no answer from him, just bringing it to people's attention again.
Masq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #160
archii
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 724
Re: Multi-accounting cheating at high stakes - Jared Bleznick and more

In european sites, say iPoker, they have bunch of skins and you can have an account on every skin with different alias (32 skins. So you can have 32 different names without it being against the rules). And it's not cheating. In a sense it's multiaccounting since you are playing in the same player pool but under different skin. As long as you dont have multiple accounts under one skin it's all fine.

I also think it's very hypocritical to say it's OK to multiaccount when a fish is doing it but is actually considered cheating and stealing when a solid player is doing it. If the reason it is deemed cheating is because the rules say so then the reason why someone is doing it is inconsequential. They should all be punished. When people say it's not as bad when a fish is doing it only adds to the hypocrisy. They are basically giving bad players a permission to cheat in order to keep them in the games. It's disgusting really.

If it's such a big problem maybe they should allow it? Online poker is not meant to emulate live games exactly. There are obviously huge differences and being able to play anonymous is one of them. Maybe let people change their nick once every month or so. Or open up anonymous tables.

When Ben Grundy said it looks like people think it's OK when fish do it and not OK when a pro does it, this is the answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachvac View Post
it's about intent and harm done. The fish who does it just wants to not be embarrassed by big losses being posted and the effect is positive for the entire poker economy. The pro who does it is doing it purely for the money and the effect is -ev on the entire poker economy apart from the person multi-accounting. Seriously anyone comparing the two (ethically, obviously both are against the letter of the rules) have some pretty serious logic problems.
Disgusting. Everything poker players seem to care is +ev for the poker economy. It doest f**king matter who does it! While in the long run the fish is losing his money anyway someone might lose money to him because they dont know who that person is. Is that right? No, no it's not.

It's pretty appalling to me how people seem to look at this issue. As long as it's good for them in a long run (fish staying in the game) they think it's OK. But when it's bad for them in the long run (good player MA'ing) they condemn it to the fullest. Self-serving BS.

Besides, where do you draw the line who can do it without it being cheating and stealing and whatever people call it? I'm slightly tilted by some of the posts here. A lot of poker players seem to be self-serving pricks who are out there just to take money from fish. But when a pro is doing what fish is doing it's like the worst thing in the world. Cmon, grow a pair.
archii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #161
THAY3R
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
THAY3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Que?
Posts: 36,539
Re: Multi-accounting cheating at high stakes - Jared Bleznick and more

I would say the actual act of multi-accounting in itself is not cheating, nor is even breaking the TOS cheating. It's the organized, systematic, deception of others to take money out of the poker economy that is cheating. Obviously the things being bitched about in this thread is clearly cheating, wrong and needs to be stopped. People absolutely need to be much more outspoken and intolerant of it, it's really ****ed up and all of you who ghost, MA and deceive others by having unfair information on others while masking your true identity are reprehensible scumbags.

However, I don't think Joe Schmoe hanging out at Jack Schmack's house and wants to try out poker is cheating, nor is Joe and Jack hanging out and collaborating together is cheating. In fact that kind of stuff can be good for the game and it's actually how a lot of people get into poker in the 1st place. There are things that fish and amateurs may do that should be tolerated where a pro/expert should not be allowed to. It basically comes down to fraud and malicious intent.
THAY3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #162
Bdywax
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,253
Re: Multi-accounting cheating at high stakes - Jared Bleznick and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouFold2Me View Post
Lol.... @ 12:19

This is the longest I have seen DN go without yapping his mouth with all of his opinions. I had already nicknamed him PH jr.,but maybe he has learn to shut up.
Bdywax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #163
Benyamin
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,564
Re: Multi-accounting cheating at high stakes - Jared Bleznick and more

Interesting read!
Benyamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #164
archii
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 724
Re: Multi-accounting cheating at high stakes - Jared Bleznick and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by THAY3R View Post
.
.
There are things that fish and amateurs may do that should be tolerated where a pro/expert should not be allowed to. It basically comes down to fraud and malicious intent.
Absolutelly no. The problem is where do you draw the line? Who is fish enough and thus should be allowed to do things pro players arent? The rules need to be same for everyone regardless of skill level.
archii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #165
LucidDream
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LucidDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: flippin it on em!!
Posts: 10,703
Re: Multi-accounting cheating at high stakes - Jared Bleznick and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by archii View Post
Absolutelly no. The problem is where do you draw the line? Who is fish enough and thus should be allowed to do things pro players arent? The rules need to be same for everyone regardless of skill level.
ummmm....the people losing money consistently in the games. fish make the rules in many regards, the game doesnt run w/o them.
LucidDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #166
archii
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 724
Re: Multi-accounting cheating at high stakes - Jared Bleznick and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidDream View Post
ummmm....the people losing money consistently in the games. fish make the rules in many regards, the game doesnt run w/o them.
OK, so the moment someone turns into a winning played they cant do it anymore? Do you realize how stupid that is.
archii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #167
TheShanachie
grinder
 
TheShanachie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 416
Re: Multi-accounting cheating at high stakes - Jared Bleznick and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
yo ben grundy, im waiting for you all day you lil *****. Any stake you want including 5001k
Does he have to play on his account?
TheShanachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #168
LucidDream
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LucidDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: flippin it on em!!
Posts: 10,703
Re: Multi-accounting cheating at high stakes - Jared Bleznick and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by archii View Post
OK, so the moment someone turns into a winning played they cant do it anymore? Do you realize how stupid that is.
Fish that play big/nosebleeds are typically successful businessmen and play for fun. They MA for convenience, or bc they don't want to be seen losing massive amounts of money on the same account, or superstition. They aren't going to just turn into a winning player overnight or ever really in these lineups.

Is it a double standard, yes. Is it stupid, no. The people playing in the game are the only ones that should have an issue w/ it. Do you think they care if some guy who the game is running around plays on his friends acct bc he thinks it's luckier than his acct?
LucidDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #169
nba_guru
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 450
Re: Multi-accounting cheating at high stakes - Jared Bleznick and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
yo ben grundy, im waiting for you all day you lil *****. Any stake you want including 5001k
GOAT
nba_guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #170
archii
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 724
Re: Multi-accounting cheating at high stakes - Jared Bleznick and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidDream View Post
Fish that play big/nosebleeds are typically successful businessmen and play for fun. They MA for convenience, or bc they don't want to be seen losing massive amounts of money on the same account, or superstition. They aren't going to just turn into a winning player overnight or ever really in these lineups.

Is it a double standard, yes. Is it stupid, no. The people playing in the game are the only ones that should have an issue w/ it. Do you think they care if some guy who the game is running around plays on his friends acct bc he thinks it's luckier than his acct?
All that is beside the point. Either MA'ing is tolerated or it's not. Someone who says it's OK for a fish to multiaccount cannot call out a professional for multiaccounting. I guess we just see this issue differently. Someone is always going to have a problem with people who multiaccount (even fish), and simply because most professionals say it's OK for a fish to do doesnt make it right.
archii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #171
LucidDream
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LucidDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: flippin it on em!!
Posts: 10,703
Re: Multi-accounting cheating at high stakes - Jared Bleznick and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by archii View Post
All that is beside the point. Either MA'ing is tolerated or it's not. Someone who says it's OK for a fish to multiaccount cannot call out a professional for multiaccounting. I guess we just see this issue differently. Someone is always going to have a problem with people who multiaccount (even fish), and simply because most professionals say it's OK for a fish to do doesnt make it right.
If some huge whale is dumping millions at the casino and gets pissed and flips over the table what do u think the casino will do to him vs what they will do to u if ur playing $10/hand BJ?
LucidDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #172
archii
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 724
Re: Multi-accounting cheating at high stakes - Jared Bleznick and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidDream View Post
If some huge whale is dumping millions at the casino and gets pissed and flips over the table what do u think the casino will do to him vs what they will do to u if ur playing $10/hand BJ?
This is also beside the point whether MA'ing should be tolerated or not. And the issue is Very different also because in poker it's affecting a lot of people. In Casino they can bend the rules since Casino is the only one affected by that kind of an outburst.
archii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #173
THAY3R
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
THAY3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Que?
Posts: 36,539
Re: Multi-accounting cheating at high stakes - Jared Bleznick and more

archii,

That is why I said I don't view multi accounting as cheating, but the fraud and malicious deception of others as cheating. It's not even about fish vs. pro, it's about immorality.

Is there something inherently wrong with Guy playing on different accounts, or a newcomer wanting to try out poker at his friends' house? No. Is what Jared is doing wrong? Absolutely.

If someone really hated Guy and refuses to play him for whatever reason and Guy got a new account to play him then that would be clearly scummy and wrong.

Last edited by THAY3R; 07-23-2013 at 09:14 PM.
THAY3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #174
rrumsey182
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 463
Re: Multi-accounting cheating at high stakes - Jared Bleznick and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masq View Post
Question to durrr: In a video you alluded to playing online post black friday.

In the following interview you did not provide a definitive answer when asked. One may read between the lines into what you said.



Source: http://www.pokerplayer.co.uk/news/fe..._did_next.html

So which poker site were you playing on and which account? I do not believe your Pokerstars account has been online since your signing.
likely was playing on a VPN onto a network like say ipoker and i assume a lot of people did this until they were able to move out of the country do you think people would let getting the way they make money go away and not do anything about it? Wouldn't see anything wrong with that if that was the case. Speculation clearly but why would this be a bad thing lol
rrumsey182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #175
spacecakezzz
old hand
 
spacecakezzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,932
Re: Multi-accounting cheating at high stakes - Jared Bleznick and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by archii View Post
All that is beside the point. Either MA'ing is tolerated or it's not. Someone who says it's OK for a fish to multiaccount cannot call out a professional for multiaccounting. I guess we just see this issue differently. Someone is always going to have a problem with people who multiaccount (even fish), and simply because most professionals say it's OK for a fish to do doesnt make it right.
I totally get where you're coming from but I disagree (although I agree it's sort of impractical because it would be hard to enforce..who's to say who's a fish etc etc..)

I think you should certainly give fish as much leeway as possible. like in live poker would you call a fish for a string bet if it was sort of obvious what they were trying to do? or make them lose a hand on a technicality?

if you're a business owner you would tolerate a customer yelling at you if he was a great customer...but if an employee yelled at you, you might fire them
spacecakezzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive