Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, Gossip and Books For poker news, views, gossip and books.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2019, 09:58 PM   #176
lovedaphils
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 502
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoJoey View Post
Mike's brother tells a story of Mike cheating when they were younger lol

Mike's brother says - "if there is an angle out there, my brother will do it. He'll do it"

Interesting

https://youtu.be/4dHt8yhhXuk?t=7104



I've been sent information pertaining to this - I'm not sure how accurate it is but I'm told he was fired for cheating. No idea how accurate this is but seems worth mentioning here all things being discussed. This story is wild. Have been sent more info pertaining to his backstory as well and found information pertaining to a lawsuit w/ Caeasars but have no understanding of what it means.
This is amazing and Joey is an asset to the community for sure.
lovedaphils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:02 PM   #177
DreamCrushing
stranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 13
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Mike"Madoff"Postle seems so easy until greed takes over always what gets a cheat. RIP Stones Live Poker
DreamCrushing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:03 PM   #178
ChicagoJoey
Papi
 
ChicagoJoey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: I AM GTO
Posts: 15,434
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Another deleted Linkedin page - now it makes more sense why he would get rid of them both. Can't find much information on Postle Consulting....

Did they work with the casino or company that set up the show or maintained the show?? If Dream Poker Show was Mike's creation it would seem like they did in some capacity.

ChicagoJoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:26 PM   #179
david negus
grinder
 
david negus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 580
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

ok im convinced
david negus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:38 PM   #180
cardriverx
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 144
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Think the question that has to come out of this is how many OTHER superusers do you think are out there that don't play as obvious as he does?

Like, cmon -- it cant be that hard? Don't do dumb post-flop 3bets with air. Pay off with KK v AA and on your coolers. Just when anything is close... just always get it right. Seems easy enough.

I.e. you have AJ v AQ on Axx. Maybe check it back on flop when you would usually bet. Call a turn bet and make a heroish fold on river. A bunch of other ways to exploit the advantage but not make it obvious.

Who knows, maybe Mike wanted to try to get as much $$ as possible before the exploit was gone or he lost.
cardriverx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:45 PM   #181
Xenoblade
veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,214
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I mean the only mistake is not making these obvious really weird plays but moreso that he did them with his card exposed on stream
Xenoblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:49 PM   #182
golfbum983
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,925
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

This is most blantant cheating I have ever seen, not just in poker ,the but flush vs straight flush and set over set , and 54 off lol
golfbum983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:53 PM   #183
isunkurbttlship
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
isunkurbttlship's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,352
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardriverx View Post
Think the question that has to come out of this is how many OTHER superusers do you think are out there that don't play as obvious as he does?



Like, cmon -- it cant be that hard? Don't do dumb post-flop 3bets with air. Pay off with KK v AA and on your coolers. Just when anything is close... just always get it right. Seems easy enough.



I.e. you have AJ v AQ on Axx. Maybe check it back on flop when you would usually bet. Call a turn bet and make a heroish fold on river. A bunch of other ways to exploit the advantage but not make it obvious.



Who knows, maybe Mike wanted to try to get as much $$ as possible before the exploit was gone or he lost.
Yeah it was the same thing with potripper. You don't need to do outrageous stuff to have a ridiculous winrate when you're superusing, but people get greedy
isunkurbttlship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:00 PM   #184
boredoo
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 282
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Agree with others. 54, 88, hand and straight flush hand — taken together — are impossible for real humans who play poker to do. Tar and feather
boredoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:14 PM   #185
DreamCrushing
stranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 13
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Wouldnt be surprised if some of mikes hype men and women were involved Justin, Kasey, Scott very happy when Mike wins.
DreamCrushing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:15 PM   #186
ryan0665
centurion
 
ryan0665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 147
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I'll come out and say it. I don't trust this Justin Kuraitis guy. His demeanor when commentating during the A2o v 97cc just seemed suspicious to me. As if he was somewhere else not really commentating.

Then in the 88 v TT hand it's Justin who is quick to tell everyone how Mike had 78 there not 88 which I believe is bullshit.

Then I look at the lads twitter feed and see that he is doubling down on protecting Mike and not even entertaining the idea that anything OOL could have taken place.

At the very least I think he knows something fishy is going on.
ryan0665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:16 PM   #187
westtexasman
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

I have known Mike for many many years (14+), He is always a class act and proud to call him my friend. Mike is also a very good player, both live and online. He was ranked top 10 on Pocket Fives, He has won tons of Aruba packages online and was very successful for many years playing cash and tourneys.

The reason he and most pros win is because they are doing something different from the norm.

When a guy bets into a 665 board it's called a "donk lead" and that is almost never a real hand, if he would of flopped a big hand he would always check it.
To fold KK is pretty easy playing 5-5 no limit and its 1800 to you, I doubt someone is doing that with QQ and if he is there are better spots.

I really don't want to go over every hand and explain to many of you why pros do certain things. Mike didn't play flawless, He is a very good player that sometimes goes for value when I would not. I would of probably of checked the river on the KK5 flop and hope I was against JT or a flush draw, He went for value and got it!

To accuse someone with cheating with no real proof is beyond terrible IMO. When playing on TV or a live stream you should be more active or entertaining or you probably won't be invited back and it's really great for your image to be active or bluffing because that will get you really light calls later on.

I want to say it again because it's super important.
TO ACCUSE SOMEONE OF CHEATING WITHOUT PROOF IS BEYOND TERRIBLE!

Mike's friend, Shawn Rice aka Westtexasman for many years online
westtexasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:18 PM   #188
bigstealer
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 197
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_2_Offsuit View Post
https://youtu.be/ZQuQPmjV8z8?t=15678

This is a hand that I played with Postle back in May. It was my first time playing with him, but I was aware of his hyper-aggressive style from watching previous streams. Do I think anything suspect is going on...idk....but this is an insane line to take. Another example of overbet jamming into an uncapped range, which should have worked. But I am terrible at poker according to the G.O.A.T Rob Farha.
Mate! Well played!!!!! Wow that was such a cool hand.
bigstealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:21 PM   #189
DreamCrushing
stranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 13
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Shawn why is Mike scrubing his social media?
DreamCrushing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:22 PM   #190
PerDoom
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,242
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Well obviously when your main game is 1/3 you should put in $4k pre with 54o 3way. Thats what makes a pro a pro is doing those different things.
PerDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:25 PM   #191
teejayC
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
teejayC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8,063
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by westtexasman View Post
I have known Mike for many many years (14+), He is always a class act and proud to call him my friend. Mike is also a very good player, both live and online. He was ranked top 10 on Pocket Fives, He has won tons of Aruba packages online and was very successful for many years playing cash and tourneys.



The reason he and most pros win is because they are doing something different from the norm.



When a guy bets into a 665 board it's called a "donk lead" and that is almost never a real hand, if he would of flopped a big hand he would always check it.

To fold KK is pretty easy playing 5-5 no limit and its 1800 to you, I doubt someone is doing that with QQ and if he is there are better spots.



I really don't want to go over every hand and explain to many of you why pros do certain things. Mike didn't play flawless, He is a very good player that sometimes goes for value when I would not. I would of probably of checked the river on the KK5 flop and hope I was against JT or a flush draw, He went for value and got it!



To accuse someone with cheating with no real proof is beyond terrible IMO. When playing on TV or a live stream you should be more active or entertaining or you probably won't be invited back and it's really great for your image to be active or bluffing because that will get you really light calls later on.



I want to say it again because it's super important.

TO ACCUSE SOMEONE OF CHEATING WITHOUT PROOF IS BEYOND TERRIBLE!



Mike's friend, Shawn Rice aka Westtexasman for many years online

What qualifies as proof though? Surely you have to agree there is enough evidence here to at least lodge an allegation. If no one were allowed to accuse anyone of anything without 100% concrete proof then no cheaters would ever get caught.

If he’s indeed innocent then he shouldn’t have anything to worry about and can continue crushing with plays such as getting it in 3 ways pre with 54o as a favourite
teejayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:26 PM   #192
aoFrantic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aoFrantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 23,335
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

That last guy making an account to post is hilarious. The reason most pros win is explicitly not because they have a a weird strategy different from the prevalent one. It is the complete opposite. Saying it is "obvious" to fold KK in a 5/5 game for $1800, when the guy also gets in *way more* money with 54 pf is uh, interesting logic as well.

The individual hands are interesting, but the main facts should be his sessions:
Only playing one specific game
Never losing in that game
Having an absurd win rate in that game over a large enough sample size
Not playing other bigger, softer games in the area despite having the bankroll

Then you add in the individual hands and it is obvious. There is no other conclusion.
aoFrantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:26 PM   #193
HLOchi
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 149
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

The 54 hand is so ridiculous.
HLOchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:27 PM   #194
ryan0665
centurion
 
ryan0665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 147
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_2_Offsuit View Post
https://youtu.be/ZQuQPmjV8z8?t=15678

This is a hand that I played with Postle back in May. It was my first time playing with him, but I was aware of his hyper-aggressive style from watching previous streams. Do I think anything suspect is going on...idk....but this is an insane line to take. Another example of overbet jamming into an uncapped range, which should have worked. But I am terrible at poker according to the G.O.A.T Rob Farha.
Nice calls, one for the good guys.
ryan0665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:34 PM   #195
DreamCrushing
stranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 13
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Analyzing hands is a big part of the evidence but also is the obsession with looking to the booth when needing extra amount of info. Watch the video its all their at 2:11.
Your honor the plaintiff rest.

https://youtu.be/pH8Fjro2oJs
DreamCrushing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:46 PM   #196
Helllsreal
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 314
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by westtexasman View Post
I have known Mike for many many years (14+), He is always a class act and proud to call him my friend. Mike is also a very good player, both live and online. He was ranked top 10 on Pocket Fives, He has won tons of Aruba packages online and was very successful for many years playing cash and tourneys.

The reason he and most pros win is because they are doing something different from the norm.

When a guy bets into a 665 board it's called a "donk lead" and that is almost never a real hand, if he would of flopped a big hand he would always check it.
To fold KK is pretty easy playing 5-5 no limit and its 1800 to you, I doubt someone is doing that with QQ and if he is there are better spots.

I really don't want to go over every hand and explain to many of you why pros do certain things. Mike didn't play flawless, He is a very good player that sometimes goes for value when I would not. I would of probably of checked the river on the KK5 flop and hope I was against JT or a flush draw, He went for value and got it!

To accuse someone with cheating with no real proof is beyond terrible IMO. When playing on TV or a live stream you should be more active or entertaining or you probably won't be invited back and it's really great for your image to be active or bluffing because that will get you really light calls later on.

I want to say it again because it's super important.
TO ACCUSE SOMEONE OF CHEATING WITHOUT PROOF IS BEYOND TERRIBLE!

Mike's friend, Shawn Rice aka Westtexasman for many years online
Solid first post. How can you explain someone calls off preflop on 54off? He just wanted to gamble there or what?
Helllsreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:49 PM   #197
Helllsreal
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 314
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoFrantic View Post
That last guy making an account to post is hilarious. The reason most pros win is explicitly not because they have a a weird strategy different from the prevalent one. It is the complete opposite. Saying it is "obvious" to fold KK in a 5/5 game for $1800, when the guy also gets in *way more* money with 54 pf is uh, interesting logic as well.

The individual hands are interesting, but the main facts should be his sessions:
Only playing one specific game
Never losing in that game
Having an absurd win rate in that game over a large enough sample size
Not playing other bigger, softer games in the area despite having the bankroll

Then you add in the individual hands and it is obvious. There is no other conclusion.
11 years ago he created that acc. Lol.
Helllsreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:50 PM   #198
teejayC
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
teejayC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8,063
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helllsreal View Post
Solid first post. How can you explain someone calls off preflop on 54off? He just wanted to gamble there or what?

He put them on ace king!
teejayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:53 PM   #199
ouirly
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 148
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

Really a lesson in greed...same old story. Now Mike needs to go to jail.

The ace3 vs ace9 is my favorite hand
ouirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:53 PM   #200
HLOchi
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 149
re: Mike Postle cheating allegations (FAQ in first post)

The info that he doesn't play around town, at Stones games that aren't streamed, and he racks up once the stream ends puts a lot into context once you see the hands.
HLOchi is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive