Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, Gossip and Books For poker news, views, gossip and books.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2021, 11:30 PM   #51
LoadingitUP
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 182
Re: Isai Scheinberg's First Ever Interview

$100 Million Dollar WSOP ME eh? Someone sell this man a casino lol
LoadingitUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:50 PM   #52
Ivey #1 Fan
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 75
Re: Isai Scheinberg's First Ever Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteBlow View Post
If it really was all about the money, Pokerstars would've had it's own online casino years before Amaya decided to add one to the client.
Isai was all about the poker.

I was there in 2013 also before the Full Tilt merge. Great place, tons of fun we use to right click on a players name donate chips in a second.

Was so fun! I am still there. I love the software, I know everybody and it is still a fantastic place. If Daniel, Jason and Ivey came back it would be even more magical. For a recreational fun play money player, highly recommend the site
Ivey #1 Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 01:50 PM   #53
Ivey #1 Fan
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 75
Re: Isai Scheinberg's First Ever Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingweed View Post
Pretty much this. Amaya somewhat ruined stars.
Maybe but their software is out of this world. I play there still. Loved Full Tilt and when they merged we were one big group. It was great when Daniel and Jason were there. Cool guys!!! Omaha zoom omg don't get stuck there, totally addicting
Ivey #1 Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 06:55 AM   #54
ggwpnore
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 11
Re: Isai Scheinberg's First Ever Interview

i don't know much about BF etc but what i know for sure is,that Pokerstars 5-10 years ago was million times better,than now,with this idiot Baazov
ggwpnore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 12:03 PM   #55
Ivey #1 Fan
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 75
Re: Isai Scheinberg's First Ever Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggwpnore View Post
i don't know much about BF etc but what i know for sure is,that Pokerstars 5-10 years ago was million times better,than now,with this idiot Baazov
It is still the best casino for play money in my opinion. The software alone is untouchable. Was nice back in the day to give away chips though. That was fun!
Ivey #1 Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 07:04 AM   #56
BackingDonk
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 309
Re: Isai Scheinberg's First Ever Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggwpnore View Post
i don't know much about BF etc but what i know for sure is,that Pokerstars 5-10 years ago was million times better,than now,with this idiot Baazov
You do realize that Baazov has has nothing to with Stars since around 2016 right? Oh wait, apparently not.
BackingDonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 07:53 AM   #57
David Lyons
old hand
 
David Lyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,363
Re: Isai Scheinberg's First Ever Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteBlow View Post
If it really was all about the money, Pokerstars would've had it's own online casino years before Amaya decided to add one to the client.
Isai was all about the poker.
Just a point of detail: casino was added prior to Amaya. A year prior.
David Lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 08:28 AM   #58
Slugant
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,055
Re: Isai Scheinberg's First Ever Interview

who discarded the vip system (supernova platinumstar etc) and replaced it with chests?

that person/group is the real villain
Slugant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:16 AM   #59
Itachi1234
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 311
Re: Isai Scheinberg's First Ever Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugant View Post
who discarded the vip system (supernova platinumstar etc) and replaced it with chests?

that person/group is the real villain
i just cant believe stars is satisfied with that, they prolly lost tons in rake in the past year due to lower traffic.
Itachi1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 11:20 AM   #60
Slugant
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,055
Re: Isai Scheinberg's First Ever Interview

if you see that just now there were 36k people online... what a huge drop from those days (also after black friday)
Slugant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 04:57 PM   #61
Slugant
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,055
Re: Isai Scheinberg's First Ever Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi1234 View Post
i just cant believe stars is satisfied with that, they prolly lost tons in rake in the past year due to lower traffic.
according to pokerscout 55k online on stars right now versus 136k on GG.

GG indeed
Slugant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 03:07 PM   #62
Ivey #1 Fan
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 75
Re: Isai Scheinberg's First Ever Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugant View Post
according to pokerscout 55k online on stars right now versus 136k on GG.

GG indeed
I love Poker Stars, did not like the FT merge but it is still an excellent place. Would have been nice if FT had a relief fund, loved that site!
Ivey #1 Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 03:11 PM   #63
JohnFR
veteran
 
JohnFR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Online Poker Hell
Posts: 3,360
Re: Isai Scheinberg's First Ever Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lyons View Post
Just a point of detail: casino was added prior to Amaya. A year prior.
I believe this is false.

https://pokerfuse.com/news/poker-roo..*****ine-casino/

PokerStars first began rolling out casino games in its online poker client in late 2014 following its parent companyís acquisition by Amaya earlier that year.
JohnFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 03:57 PM   #64
David Lyons
old hand
 
David Lyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,363
Re: Isai Scheinberg's First Ever Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFR View Post
I believe this is false.

https://pokerfuse.com/news/poker-roo..*****ine-casino/

PokerStars first began rolling out casino games in its online poker client in late 2014 following its parent companyís acquisition by Amaya earlier that year.

It was announced prior.

In any case I was referring to the company not the brand (my mistake), ie including full tilt, which had them well beforehand.
David Lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 04:47 PM   #65
Itachi1234
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 311
Re: Isai Scheinberg's First Ever Interview

also i dont buy what negreanu was saying most stars revenue comes from casino and sportsbook, first of all their sportsbook is the worst of all sportsbooks, and casino is meh, people still deposit on stars to play poker. no one deposits to bet on stars or play slots, there are way better places for that. the only reason someone gambles is when their done playing poker.

i believe most of this lower the rakeback to the max policies came when stars were the number 1 in poker uncontested so they could afford it, we would see what stars is gonna do next, especially if gg at some point decides to advertise ggpoker in eu heavily which is the last thing keeping stars alive, they still get a lot of traffic through their ads.

also stars software is complete garbage and gg soft is amazing and will always get better because their engine allows it, stars software is heavily limited by their old spaghetti code engine

Last edited by Itachi1234; 05-12-2021 at 04:53 PM.
Itachi1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 05:47 PM   #66
madlex
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 12,188
Re: Isai Scheinberg's First Ever Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi1234 View Post
also i dont buy what negreanu was saying most stars revenue comes from casino and sportsbook, first of all their sportsbook is the worst of all sportsbooks, and casino is meh, people still deposit on stars to play poker. no one deposits to bet on stars or play slots, there are way better places for that. the only reason someone gambles is when their done playing poker.
You do realize those numbers are public and you can just look up where The Stars Group revenue came from pre-acquisition by Flutter?
madlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 07:02 AM   #67
BackingDonk
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 309
Re: Isai Scheinberg's First Ever Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlex View Post
You do realize those numbers are public and you can just look up where The Stars Group revenue came from pre-acquisition by Flutter?
You mean we can no longer make things up and just say "I thought about it so it's true"?
BackingDonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 11:43 AM   #68
nomarfar
centurion
 
nomarfar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Breaking Even
Posts: 197
Re: Isai Scheinberg's First Ever Interview

I think a bunch of people are confusing the PokerStars Isai ran and PokerStars of the last 7 years.

He's a legend and is likely the reason you are posting about poker on a forum right now.
nomarfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 12:47 PM   #69
madlex
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 12,188
Re: Isai Scheinberg's First Ever Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackingDonk View Post
You mean we can no longer make things up and just say "I thought about it so it's true"?
It's one thing to make something up because you think it's true and you are too lazy to look it up.

But if somebody says something that you think is wrong, you should at least make the effort to check if your instincts are right before basically calling them a liar. Especially if you can verify that information with a simple google search that's probably faster than typing your posting here.
madlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 02:25 PM   #70
Itachi1234
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 311
Re: Isai Scheinberg's First Ever Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlex View Post
You do realize those numbers are public and you can just look up where The Stars Group revenue came from pre-acquisition by Flutter?
thats old times and they just introduced those stuff at their peak ofc they gonna make a lot first year or two, doubt they make much now
Itachi1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:50 PM   #71
madlex
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 12,188
Re: Isai Scheinberg's First Ever Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi1234 View Post
thats old times and they just introduced those stuff at their peak ofc they gonna make a lot first year or two, doubt they make much now
Not even sure why I respond to this nonsense.

BetStars was introduced in late 2015, casino games even before that. Again, why canít you just use Google like everybody else?
madlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 12:12 PM   #72
David Lyons
old hand
 
David Lyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,363
Re: Isai Scheinberg's First Ever Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi1234 View Post
thats old times and they just introduced those stuff at their peak ofc they gonna make a lot first year or two, doubt they make much now

Mind blown.
David Lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 12:44 PM   #73
Itachi1234
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 311
Re: Isai Scheinberg's First Ever Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlex View Post
Not even sure why I respond to this nonsense.

BetStars was introduced in late 2015, casino games even before that. Again, why canít you just use Google like everybody else?
what are u we arguing about, betstars is a joke compared with any betting company same with their stars casino.
Itachi1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 09:50 AM   #74
BackingDonk
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 309
Re: Isai Scheinberg's First Ever Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi1234 View Post
what are u we arguing about, betstars is a joke compared with any betting company same with their stars casino.
The numbers are public. You are too lazy to look them up and instead spout nonsense. Take your trolling elsewhere.
BackingDonk is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive