Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

News, Views, Gossip and Books For poker news, views, gossip and books.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #151
BlackStar9
banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 783
Re: How does Andy Frankenberger do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasepoker View Post
Lol at NVG tards telling someone who crushes high stakes tournaments how to play.

I go under on 10% of haters in this thread having played a 10k.
This.

If Frankenberger was in the Business/Finance forum owning people about derivatives trading (or whatever it was he did) everyone would be on his nuts.
BlackStar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:18 PM   #152
Odysseus
grinder
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: sup
Posts: 435
Re: How does Andy Frankenberger do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasepoker View Post
You guys are so lol giving him advice on how to play, saying he is smart with the capability to be good if he listens to you guys etc ha ha...

Let me guess Mercier sucks as well and just runs good but would be better if he listened to NVG's advice on how to play.

Not fanboy as someone above states just staring open mouthed in a OMG way at some peoples arrogance / stupidity.

If only these luck boxes listened to NVG eh think what they could achieve...
All of the fanbois swinging from the guy's nuts are pretty hilarious. NEWSFLASH: you don't need to have won a 10K event to criticize Frankenstein's play anymore than you need to be an ex-president to criticize Obama or Bush. The play of a given hand rises or falls based on the logic behind it, not on anything else.

hth
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #153
slevin90
banned
 
slevin90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,151
Re: How does Andy Frankenberger do it?

Seriously tho, how does he do it?
slevin90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #154
spring83
Jack of all trades
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 3,363
Re: How does Andy Frankenberger do it?

Only way he folds there (QQ hand) is if there is collusion or he is a complete noob. So which is it?
spring83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #155
doublejoker
Old News
 
doublejoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,933
He's on another deep run in $10k plh.
doublejoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:04 PM   #156
LOL POT-ODDS
Pooh-Bah
 
LOL POT-ODDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SGT RJ's number one fan
Posts: 4,064
Re: How does Andy Frankenberger do it?

he must be running like sweet christ
LOL POT-ODDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #157
FI5HMAN
journeyman
 
FI5HMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vienna
Posts: 371
Re: How does Andy Frankenberger do it?

Hey, guys, did we figure out how he did it yet?
FI5HMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #158
Frubi_ZMIJA
journeyman
 
Frubi_ZMIJA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SERBIA
Posts: 297
Re: How does Andy Frankenberger do it?

kk vs A8, aj2, 4, river K

there u go he double up
Frubi_ZMIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #159
funkyfood
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,500
Re: How does Andy Frankenberger do it?

but can he do it like this, can he do it like that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEA3Ocw81XQ
funkyfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #160
Alficor1
veteran
 
Alficor1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Like a snake. Very slow. Winning.
Posts: 2,157
Re: How does Andy Frankenberger do it?

About the A7s hand:
To be honest just calling the river is probably the best play here, because he's just never getting called by a worse hand. Sorel wouldnt call a river raise with 99-JJ (QQ+ would 3bet pre, 55-22 would fold pre). He also never has worse sevens in his range, because he raised from SB and called his 3bet oop. And since AF's hand is so face up, Sorel would just get away from even a hand like KQ/AK. So when Mizzi bets the river and Andy raises, Sorel will basicly never just call, but either fold or shove.

Having said all that, he still played it horribly. He's really bad and i don't know how he does it.
Alficor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #161
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 51,888
Re: How does Andy Frankenberger do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejoker View Post
He's on another deep run in $10k plh.
Slow pony is slow.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #162
dubwise
journeyman
 
dubwise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 393
Re: How does Andy Frankenberger do it?

time for some live action!

http://www.wsop.com/2012/live-video/...aspx?TID=12117
dubwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #163
3kingme3
old hand
 
3kingme3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: dont google me
Posts: 1,484
Re: How does Andy Frankenberger do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alficor1 View Post
About the A7s hand:
To be honest just calling the river is probably the best play here, because he's just never getting called by a worse hand. Sorel wouldnt call a river raise with 99-JJ (QQ+ would 3bet pre, 55-22 would fold pre). He also never has worse sevens in his range, because he raised from SB and called his 3bet oop. And since AF's hand is so face up, Sorel would just get away from even a hand like KQ/AK. So when Mizzi bets the river and Andy raises, Sorel will basicly never just call, but either fold or shove.

Having said all that, he still played it horribly. He's really bad and i don't know how he does it.
O RLY
3kingme3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #164
Matt Glantz
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 224
If you are still wondering how Andy does it, you can watch him live stream right now in the 10k PLH against some pretty tough opponents.

There are so many ways to win at poker and it would be foolish to mock what you don't understand. I see the things he does and I don't understand a bunch of it as well. But not understanding it doesn't make it bad. Could be quite the opposite.
Matt Glantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #165
asheikh17
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 248
Re: How does Andy Frankenberger do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobuke View Post
Andy, I sincerely hope you win another bracelet this season just to piss off all the haters.
+1
asheikh17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #166
mement_mori
formerly youcanhaveitall
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,919
Re: How does Andy Frankenberger do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Glantz View Post
If you are still wondering how Andy does it, you can watch him live stream right now in the 10k PLH against some pretty tough opponents.

There are so many ways to win at poker and it would be foolish to mock what you don't understand. I see the things he does and I don't understand a bunch of it as well. But not understanding it doesn't make it bad. Could be quite the opposite.
This is an argument a lot of people like to use but the fact that you dont understand it dosent necessarily make it good either.

Regardless of if he is good or not a lot of people would benefit from looking into some good online players sample sizes to get an understanding on just how easy it is for good people to go on huge downswings and bad/breakeven players to go on huge upswings. Obviously smaller sample sizes are required live but its insane how much people use results as an excuse/explanation for a lot of people when almost everyone has a sample size of less than a thousand tournaments.
mement_mori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #167
hansmolman
old hand
 
hansmolman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Eating 50 eggs in an hour
Posts: 1,254
Re: How does Andy Frankenberger do it?

Fooled by randomness
hansmolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #168
MikkeD
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,452
Re: How does Andy Frankenberger do it?

Looking forward to Frankenberger and Helmuth getting HU for a bracelet - NVG confusion about who to hate will be epic!
MikkeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #169
moki
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
moki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 8,051
Re: How does Andy Frankenberger do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansmolman View Post
Fooled by randomness
Say, that's a good title for a book...
moki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #170
striiing
Pooh-Bah
 
striiing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia....fakin'****!
Posts: 4,396
Re: How does Andy Frankenberger do it?

I actually like this guy. He acts like a gentleman at the table and as for the QQ it would be a terrible fold in a cash game but taking the points system into account it might be a good play. Even in todays game a 6 bet still screams of super strenght so maybe he didnt fancy putting the rest of his money in to be shown AA. Internet poker is now littered with people who watch training videos then past the knowledge of as their own. Keep on truckin' Andy, your great TV

Last edited by striiing; 06-10-2012 at 09:47 PM.
striiing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #171
clayton bigsby
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 30
Re: How does Andy Frankenberger do it?

lol josh ariea about andy..."hes so tilting to play with...i 4 bet jammed on him with qq and he took 4 minutes to call with kk"....and making fun of him for clapping like a douche after he wins his flip ak vs 66...andy is such a clown to me...josh says "hes not my type of guy" lol couldnt have said it better myself
clayton bigsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #172
ajt8
veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: hundreds of $ of real life money
Posts: 2,860
Re: How does Andy Frankenberger do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by striiing View Post
I actually like this guy. He acts like a gentleman at the table and as for the QQ it would be a terrible fold in a cash game but taking the points system into account it might be a good play. raaaaraaaraaa
ajt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #173
Faustfan
grinder
 
Faustfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Posts: 463
Re: How does Andy Frankenberger do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkeD View Post
Looking forward to Frankenberger and Helmuth getting HU for a bracelet - NVG confusion about who to hate will be epic!
so the two final tables will be merged? sweet, never saw a PLH-Razz rotation
Faustfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #174
davem92025
banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 295
Re: How does Andy Frankenberger do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mement_mori View Post
This is an argument a lot of people like to use but the fact that you dont understand it dosent necessarily make it good either.

Regardless of if he is good or not a lot of people would benefit from looking into some good online players sample sizes to get an understanding on just how easy it is for good people to go on huge downswings and bad/breakeven players to go on huge upswings. Obviously smaller sample sizes are required live but its insane how much people use results as an excuse/explanation for a lot of people when almost everyone has a sample size of less than a thousand tournaments.

davem92025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #175
moki
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
moki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 8,051
Re: How does Andy Frankenberger do it?

If Frankenberger busts Ivey in Event 17: $10,000 Pot-Limit Hold'em, the universe will implode.
moki is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive