Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

News, Views, Gossip and Books For poker news, views, gossip and books.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2020, 04:07 AM   #126
Boss716
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 376
re: Bill Perkins Says "Poker Heroes" Involved in Serious Cheating Scandal.Bilzerian Spills the

If all of this is about ghosting then we have ourselves a jay glazer situation going on.
Boss716 is offline  
Old 05-24-2020, 04:13 AM   #127
HomeStar
veteran
 
HomeStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: I miss the world :(
Posts: 2,132
re: Bill Perkins Says "Poker Heroes" Involved in Serious Cheating Scandal.Bilzerian Spills the

If this is only a situation about app poker, and account sharing, basically the same thing as multi accounting and nowhere as big as the Postle scandal. Maybe he was just using hyperbole, but yeah, that wouldn't be bigger than Postle. My mind went to Triton, which would have the possibility to be bigger than Postle
HomeStar is offline  
Old 05-24-2020, 04:15 AM   #128
Adjusted
adept
 
Adjusted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Hua Hin
Posts: 1,021
re: Bill Perkins Says "Poker Heroes" Involved in Serious Cheating Scandal.Bilzerian Spills the

Bill Perkins = Drama Queen?
Adjusted is offline  
Old 05-24-2020, 04:18 AM   #129
ejames209
adept
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: 6bet me's no. 1 fan's no. 1 fan
Posts: 1,058
re: Bill Perkins Says "Poker Heroes" Involved in Serious Cheating Scandal.Bilzerian Spills the

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvdegen00 View Post
Yea just a few extra milly who cares chump change...most likely the dumbest thing I have read.
To you and I, yes a few million is a lot and perhaps you would be willing to sell your soul for something as common as money. Maybe not, but your unfounded animosity leads me to believe something struck a chord with your moral compass.

To high stakes professionals who make such amounts every year, such an amount seems crazy to risk winning in a cheating manner when you already do it legitimately.

Read more if that's the dumbest thing you have ever read.

Last edited by ejames209; 05-24-2020 at 04:23 AM. Reason: im a grammar nazi
ejames209 is offline  
Old 05-24-2020, 04:19 AM   #130
wtflmao
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 8
re: Bill Perkins Says "Poker Heroes" Involved in Serious Cheating Scandal.Bilzerian Spills the

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeStar View Post
If this is only a situation about app poker, and account sharing, basically the same thing as multi accounting and nowhere as big as the Postle scandal. Maybe he was just using hyperbole, but yeah, that wouldn't be bigger than Postle. My mind went to Triton, which would have the possibility to be bigger than Postle
or larger scale super-using ala POTRIPPER across the apps. Ghosting = the biggest non event since Y2K
wtflmao is offline  
Old 05-24-2020, 04:23 AM   #131
lvdegen00
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 4
re: Bill Perkins Says "Poker Heroes" Involved in Serious Cheating Scandal.Bilzerian Spills the

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejames209 View Post
To you and I, yes a few million is a lot and perhaps you would be willing to sell your soul for something as common as money. Maybe not, but your unfounded animosity leads me to believe something struck a chord with your moral compass.

To high stakes professionals who make such amounts every year such an amount seems crazy to risk winning in a cheating manner when you already do it legitimately.

Read more if that's the dumbest thing you have ever read.
Lol you are very naive. The amount of straight up highstakes players who can give a f about a few million is zero to none.

Last edited by lvdegen00; 05-24-2020 at 04:38 AM.
lvdegen00 is offline  
Old 05-24-2020, 04:26 AM   #132
enzet
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,264
re: Bill Perkins Says "Poker Heroes" Involved in Serious Cheating Scandal.Bilzerian Spills the

yeah, and they contacted Koon like: “hey jakoon, wanna be superusing these punks with us??”

basicly zero chance its a bigger scam than superusing livestreamed games on twitch, probably just some account/hole card sharing here and there. and Perkins is very weird with these cliffhangers.
enzet is offline  
Old 05-24-2020, 04:32 AM   #133
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 15,670
re: Bill Perkins Says "Poker Heroes" Involved in Serious Cheating Scandal.Bilzerian Spills the

Only way this is bigger than Mike Postle is if Mike Postle himself is involved.
Dream Crusher is offline  
Old 05-24-2020, 04:36 AM   #134
ejames209
adept
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: 6bet me's no. 1 fan's no. 1 fan
Posts: 1,058
re: Bill Perkins Says "Poker Heroes" Involved in Serious Cheating Scandal.Bilzerian Spills the

Yeah this is starting to wane in its juiciness. Hopefully something new comes up, but then again I hope not. Ghosting is of course scummy but it's not a massive breaking news type of thing. More like "oh okay, out the cheater so we know and then let's move on"
ejames209 is offline  
Old 05-24-2020, 04:39 AM   #135
mcc3504
Pooh-Bah
 
mcc3504's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: simakos
Posts: 3,804
re: Bill Perkins Says "Poker Heroes" Involved in Serious Cheating Scandal.Bilzerian Spills the

So pretty much "poker heroes" = current big name SHR regs that have befriended Bill.
Hes disappointed they weren't honest friends and they hustled him out of big money on some private poker apps.
mcc3504 is offline  
Old 05-24-2020, 04:54 AM   #136
ejames209
adept
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: 6bet me's no. 1 fan's no. 1 fan
Posts: 1,058
re: Bill Perkins Says "Poker Heroes" Involved in Serious Cheating Scandal.Bilzerian Spills the

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvdegen00 View Post
Lol you are very naive. The amount of straight up highstakes players who can give a f about a few million is zero to none.
Read more. Jesus buddy 0-2 what an awful start to a 2p2 account. For the record, Koon is one evidently.
ejames209 is offline  
Old 05-24-2020, 04:57 AM   #137
superslug
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 701
re: Bill Perkins Says "Poker Heroes" Involved in Serious Cheating Scandal.Bilzerian Spills the

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzet View Post
yeah, and they contacted Koon like: “hey jakoon, wanna be superusing these punks with us??”

basicly zero chance its a bigger scam than superusing livestreamed games on twitch, probably just some account/hole card sharing here and there. and Perkins is very weird with these cliffhangers.
I dont think its a super user type scam. I think it was a private game on an app for rich recreational players and one of the recs sold this account to a HS pro and they split the winnings.

This might not be as big as the postle situation but if those involved are meant to be supposed ambassadors for the game its going to send some shockwaves out.
superslug is offline  
Old 05-24-2020, 05:14 AM   #138
bigslickk
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 123
re: Bill Perkins Says "Poker Heroes" Involved in Serious Cheating Scandal.Bilzerian Spills the

Why post a tweet like this when you aren't even ready to give any actual info? If he is worried about being sued for libel then he doesn't know for certain if it is cheating.
bigslickk is offline  
Old 05-24-2020, 05:14 AM   #139
DontBanMePlz
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 300
re: Bill Perkins Says "Poker Heroes" Involved in Serious Cheating Scandal.Bilzerian Spills the

Feel like the fall out of this is going to be huge because Bill has a big following and is being super dramatic about something that is super standard and happens all the time. Whoever he names is going to get **** on for no real reason.

Name anyone who's played high stakes online or big private games on a regular basis and probably over 50% chance they have played on someone else's account, ghosted someone, or had someone else play on their account. Not going to snitch on anyone but myself, but I could give you a laundry list of high stakes regs who fall under this category. I've been on both sides of this, either playing on other accounts to get better action when not many regs would play me, also playing people (or even bots) on accounts where after a small amount of play it was very clear I wasn't playing who i thought I was. All the rec players in these games aren't stupid they just aren't as a talented at poker but they know the value of their account and position in the game. Many of the capitalize on this. To this day i have people hitting me up asking me to play on their account in games and I barely play myself anymore.

I'd bet Bill had some bad sessions in big private games on an app then found out one of the accounts in the game wasn't who he claimed and lost his mind thinking that could never happen. Actually kind of disappointing, I was expecting some actual cheating drama but this is basically nothing at all. Not even in the same ballpark of the Postle situation.
DontBanMePlz is offline  
Old 05-24-2020, 05:15 AM   #140
Eponymous
Photoshop Comic Genius
 
Eponymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: How many letters do we have for thi
Posts: 4,572
re: Bill Perkins Says "Poker Heroes" Involved in Serious Cheating Scandal.Bilzerian Spills the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmbxr9 View Post
Hot take - Are we really stroking Koon simply because he didn’t act like a total scumbag?
Good job Koon...
That was the point of the video I posted ICYMI.
Eponymous is offline  
Old 05-24-2020, 05:33 AM   #141
Dace
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Croatia
Posts: 790
re: Bill Perkins Says "Poker Heroes" Involved in Serious Cheating Scandal.Bilzerian Spills the

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontBanMePlz View Post
Feel like the fall out of this is going to be huge because Bill has a big following and is being super dramatic about something that is super standard and happens all the time. Whoever he names is going to get **** on for no real reason.

Name anyone who's played high stakes online or big private games on a regular basis and probably over 50% chance they have played on someone else's account, ghosted someone, or had someone else play on their account. Not going to snitch on anyone but myself, but I could give you a laundry list of high stakes regs who fall under this category. I've been on both sides of this, either playing on other accounts to get better action when not many regs would play me, also playing people (or even bots) on accounts where after a small amount of play it was very clear I wasn't playing who i thought I was. All the rec players in these games aren't stupid they just aren't as a talented at poker but they know the value of their account and position in the game. Many of the capitalize on this. To this day i have people hitting me up asking me to play on their account in games and I barely play myself anymore.

I'd bet Bill had some bad sessions in big private games on an app then found out one of the accounts in the game wasn't who he claimed and lost his mind thinking that could never happen. Actually kind of disappointing, I was expecting some actual cheating drama but this is basically nothing at all. Not even in the same ballpark of the Postle situation.
Just to add that this is also extremely standard in smaller 50-100 100-200 rmb range games, any time you get a "private" game there will be people sharing accounts playing in shifts, it's been happening for years.
Hurts the most when the team is a super aggro good reg+ a huge nit.
Dace is offline  
Old 05-24-2020, 05:42 AM   #142
BlackJackDegen
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 518
re: Bill Perkins Says "Poker Heroes" Involved in Serious Cheating Scandal.Bilzerian Spills the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjusted View Post
Bill Perkins = Drama Queen?
Even if it is overdramatic and doesn't turn out to be the juicy story indicated. The likes of Perkins with his kind of profile calling out people like this can only be a good thing? I mean for the protection of the games. I guess you could argue the negative that cheating news hurts poker overall. That is hardly his concern if he has been cheated then he seems fully entitled to do this.
BlackJackDegen is offline  
Old 05-24-2020, 05:43 AM   #143
TucoSalamanca
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 97
re: Bill Perkins Says "Poker Heroes" Involved in Serious Cheating Scandal.Bilzerian Spills the

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontBanMePlz View Post
Name anyone who's played high stakes online or big private games on a regular basis and probably over 50% chance they have played on someone else's account, ghosted someone, or had someone else play on their account. Not going to snitch on anyone but myself, but I could give you a laundry list of high stakes regs who fall under this category. I've been on both sides of this, either playing on other accounts to get better action when not many regs would play me, also playing people (or even bots) on accounts where after a small amount of play it was very clear I wasn't playing who i thought I was.

Actually kind of disappointing, I was expecting some actual cheating drama but this is basically nothing at all. Not even in the same ballpark of the Postle situation.
I have played high stakes as professional for over 10 years and have never participated in these kind of actions. I think it's extremely scummy and just because others are doing it, doesn't make it right.

Don't try to act like it's nothing just because you are part of this scum. All kind of cheating is for losers and I have zero sympathy for this kind of behauvior, no matter the excuse.
TucoSalamanca is offline  
Old 05-24-2020, 05:47 AM   #144
BlackJackDegen
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 518
re: Bill Perkins Says "Poker Heroes" Involved in Serious Cheating Scandal.Bilzerian Spills the

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontBanMePlz View Post
Feel like the fall out of this is going to be huge because Bill has a big following and is being super dramatic about something that is super standard and happens all the time. Whoever he names is going to get **** on for no real reason.

Name anyone who's played high stakes online or big private games on a regular basis and probably over 50% chance they have played on someone else's account, ghosted someone, or had someone else play on their account. Not going to snitch on anyone but myself, but I could give you a laundry list of high stakes regs who fall under this category. I've been on both sides of this, either playing on other accounts to get better action when not many regs would play me, also playing people (or even bots) on accounts where after a small amount of play it was very clear I wasn't playing who i thought I was. All the rec players in these games aren't stupid they just aren't as a talented at poker but they know the value of their account and position in the game. Many of the capitalize on this. To this day i have people hitting me up asking me to play on their account in games and I barely play myself anymore.

I'd bet Bill had some bad sessions in big private games on an app then found out one of the accounts in the game wasn't who he claimed and lost his mind thinking that could never happen. Actually kind of disappointing, I was expecting some actual cheating drama but this is basically nothing at all. Not even in the same ballpark of the Postle situation.
So your argument is that because shady stuff happens all the time and others do it then everyone is entitled to do it without repercussion. That is a load of crap.

It looks like in this case they ****ed with the wrong person and they get what they deserve.
BlackJackDegen is offline  
Old 05-24-2020, 05:49 AM   #145
TucoSalamanca
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 97
re: Bill Perkins Says "Poker Heroes" Involved in Serious Cheating Scandal.Bilzerian Spills the

And to the "getting better action" part: These are the type of guys who will dress as women to participate in Lady's event to get better action. I just don't understand spineless people. How can yoy be proud of what you achirved if you did it by cheating?
TucoSalamanca is offline  
Old 05-24-2020, 05:54 AM   #146
TouchOfEVil
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,122
re: Bill Perkins Says "Poker Heroes" Involved in Serious Cheating Scandal.Bilzerian Spills the

@TucoSalamanca no you havent. You make threads about people using HEM on stars in 2016 and think fedor has a guy in the audience that is a "live read specialist"...
TouchOfEVil is offline  
Old 05-24-2020, 05:56 AM   #147
Wilbury Twist
Pooh-Bah
 
Wilbury Twist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 4977 miles from Kells
Posts: 5,304
re: Bill Perkins Says "Poker Heroes" Involved in Serious Cheating Scandal.Bilzerian Spills the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eponymous View Post
That was the point of the video I posted ICYMI.
Whaddya want, a cookie??

(But seriously, nice reference. From one of my favorite comedy bits of all-time.)
Wilbury Twist is online now  
Old 05-24-2020, 05:57 AM   #148
DontBanMePlz
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 300
re: Bill Perkins Says "Poker Heroes" Involved in Serious Cheating Scandal.Bilzerian Spills the

relax on the hate

well my view is that unwritten rules that aren't against the TOS of the site and are not enforceable isn't the same as gaining access to hole cards or rigging a deck through cheating. Not really up for a morals debate, fact remains it happens now, has for years and is anticipated for by the players in the game. Not some big reveal shocker, Bill still got a fair deck to play poker.
DontBanMePlz is offline  
Old 05-24-2020, 06:04 AM   #149
BlackJackDegen
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 518
re: Bill Perkins Says "Poker Heroes" Involved in Serious Cheating Scandal.Bilzerian Spills the

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontBanMePlz View Post
relax on the hate

well my view is that unwritten rules that aren't against the TOS of the site and are not enforceable isn't the same as gaining access to hole cards or rigging a deck through cheating. Not really up for a morals debate, fact remains it happens now, has for years and is anticipated for by the players in the game. Not some big reveal shocker, Bill still got a fair deck to play poker.
So you are saying that because one is not policeable and you can't get caught then that cheating then it is OK. Sound logic. Cheating is good if you can get away with it obviously.
BlackJackDegen is offline  
Old 05-24-2020, 06:06 AM   #150
Wilbury Twist
Pooh-Bah
 
Wilbury Twist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 4977 miles from Kells
Posts: 5,304
re: Bill Perkins Says "Poker Heroes" Involved in Serious Cheating Scandal.Bilzerian Spills the

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmbuff View Post
Super lame and irresponsible to tweet that if he's not going to say what's going on. If he doesn't feel like he can say anything yet, he should have kept his mouth shut until he could. Same for all the other pros saying "not my place to say." Total bullshit.
Definitely frustrating, but I can't agree with it being "irresponsible." If anything, we're in the dark because people are doing the responsible thing by refusing to speculate or speak from an uninformed position.
Wilbury Twist is online now  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive