Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Riggie containment thread Riggie containment thread

05-14-2022 , 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tame_deuces
Aren't there pretty trustworthy reports that the administration also destroyed a lot of documentation and left unexplained gaps in logs and records?

That isn't necessarily connected to the classified material, but it does certainly hint of an administration with a conspirator's nose for assessing documents.
You are correct. And Trump was notorious to tearing up notes and other things that are supposed to be archived.
Riggie containment thread Quote
Yesterday , 01:49 AM
In the spirit of rigness and rigtards. It could be noted how stories and coverage has been running things lately. A news cycle is completely and utterly maintained by one existential threat at a time.
Trump, Covid, Ukraine, whatever the next humanity ending event may be

This is not to say these problems aren't real. But they have been parlayed into 24/7 bombardment. Ever wonder why Jane and Jane Doe never complain about Yemen or Ethiopia or any of the other dozen or so brown hell scapes? Ofc you haven't, bc we all know that isn't covered. 13k win with Ukraine winning Eurovision. Was obv rigged af and easy to cash that one.

So many problems who cares if people can't pay rent. Just be happy you aren't nuked or literally starving and you should be fine

Last edited by nutella virus; Yesterday at 01:56 AM.
Riggie containment thread Quote
Yesterday , 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rococo
You could have short-circuited this entire conversation by simply acknowledging that you were not intending to suggest that ignorance of the law was a defense.

I have never offered an opinion on whether knowledge or some lesser mens rea should be required for statutes of this type.



If you enjoy thinking clearly, you should care about this distinction. It is important. And you do your argument no favors when you treat two very different things as if they are the same thing.

Here is a concise statement from an authoritative source of exactly the point I was making.



https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/mens_rea\

This is first year law school stuff. I get no prizes for understanding the point. It isn't complicated.
Why would I short circuit it that way when I right..,

Quote:
Section 1924 of Title 18 has to do with deletion and retention of classified documents. "Knowingly" removing or housing classified information at an "unauthorized location" is subject to a fine or a year in prison.

cite
What we are talking about here is not the pure writing of the law but how the statute is interpreted and applied by Prosecutors.

And if a prosecutor assessing Hilary or Trumps actions with regards to removing records believes they cannot establish they KNOWINGLY removed them they will be far less likely to prosecute.

If they can establish they knowingly removed them (witness says they told them, or they admit it) they are more likely to prosecute.

This hinges largely on the ignorance or not, knowledge or not, of the accused (Hilary and Trump), just as the video I posted above confirmed.
Riggie containment thread Quote
Yesterday , 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uke_master
Not a single sentence of this attempts to refute Lie #4 which was your claim that "uke say, it did not turn out to be a trans activist thus I was wrong". Lie #4 thus remains categorized as a Lie.

I am going to err on being very conservative when enumerating your lies, as above. In cases where it is a misunderstanding, or a difference of opinion, or just you being weird, or you mirroring accusations like this, I shall not enumerate these as lies. For example, I critiqued your behaviour of uncritically spamming baseless speculation you say on social media here, which isn't the same thing as critiquing your motivation for doing this. Frankly I have no idea why someone would behave so inappropriately. Nor did I claim that you made it up, it was always obvious you were reposting things from twitter. But nevertheless, in the interest of keeping my list of your egregious lies as clear as possible this shall not enter it.
Enumerate your own lies while you are at.

Also clarify how many times a day you search to see if I mentioned you. As i did yesterday and the time before you mentioned the same thing (that you caught me mentioning you via searching it) was a long time ago. So you got two hits very far apart.

Are you going to pretend that coincidentally that was the only time you searched or admit you constantly search to see if I mention you and get a hit every few weeks only as you pretend you are doing it as you think I am obsessed with you???

You realize your argument of "I am constantly watching you and searching you to see if you are obsessed with me' argument is creepy right?
Riggie containment thread Quote
Yesterday , 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rococo
You are correct. And Trump was notorious to tearing up notes and other things that are supposed to be archived.
And that is why Trump does not email or text. Roy Cohn taught him well The Way of the Mob.
Riggie containment thread Quote
Yesterday , 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutella virus
In the spirit of rigness and rigtards. It could be noted how stories and coverage has been running things lately. A news cycle is completely and utterly maintained by one existential threat at a time.
Trump, Covid, Ukraine, whatever the next humanity ending event may be

This is not to say these problems aren't real. But they have been parlayed into 24/7 bombardment. Ever wonder why Jane and Jane Doe never complain about Yemen or Ethiopia or any of the other dozen or so brown hell scapes? Ofc you haven't, bc we all know that isn't covered. 13k win with Ukraine winning Eurovision. Was obv rigged af and easy to cash that one.

So many problems who cares if people can't pay rent. Just be happy you aren't nuked or literally starving and you should be fine

Most of the info on other stuff is out there, so that puts a dent in the conspiracy theory.

But front-pages are generally completely dominated by either algorithms or engagement analysis, and those I suspect also tell us that big fat capital letters and the occasional red type will also generate more clicks.

My survival guide:
- No social media on smartphone.
- No news media that consistently exploit headlines to induce stress.
- Absolutely no follows or subscription to politicians, pundits, social media influencers or paying attention to those eco-systems.
- No political videos
- Minimal amount of news videos
- Absolutely no news videos from sources that uses montages, music or other editing to make it more dramatic.
- Treat comments sections like superstitious villagers treat suspected warlocks.

That's for me, I'm not going to say what would work for others. But I find that very little of what is in the modern media eco-system is needed to actually stay informed. I also find that a lot of actors, influencers and providers are unethical in how they present news, headlines and contemporary issues.
Riggie containment thread Quote
Today , 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuepee
Enumerate your own lies while you are at.

Also clarify how many times a day you search to see if I mentioned you. As i did yesterday and the time before you mentioned the same thing (that you caught me mentioning you via searching it) was a long time ago. So you got two hits very far apart.

Are you going to pretend that coincidentally that was the only time you searched or admit you constantly search to see if I mention you and get a hit every few weeks only as you pretend you are doing it as you think I am obsessed with you???

You realize your argument of "I am constantly watching you and searching you to see if you are obsessed with me' argument is creepy right?
First noting that as you have not attempted to defend Lie #4, it shall remain in the enumeration uncontested.

But the rest of this post is.....weird. Let's be clear: in long threads I don't intend to read in their entirety, I will habitually go CTRL+F+uke to quickly find people who have responded to me. It has nothing to do with you except happening to discover when you bizarrely misrepresenting me in some massive paragraph-less essay responding to someone else I wouldn't have otherwise read. Mostly I ignore this. But no, this cute little theory of yours is entirely in your head. As I have not explained this to you before, I shall not enumerate this as a lie, although I would caution against making nonsensical soul reads about people in the future.
Riggie containment thread Quote

      
m