Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Politics and Society Contentions, Controversies, and Conflicts

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2020, 06:29 PM   #5026
wet work
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wet work's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 7,001
Re: the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlushDiamonds View Post
You mean like poker ?
Sure why not?

Hey guys no more pensions--now you're in charge of your retirement investing Don't worry we'll take real good care of ya

A million different ways to get bent over by being bad at it. Just leave that kooky math stuff to us ok?
wet work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:43 PM   #5027
markksman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
markksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 20,240
Re: the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlitz mmmm View Post
Thoughts on the black family in Atlanta that was shot up? Or any of the other motorists caught in riots past or present? Quit acting like the mob can discern jack squat. You're funny, man.
Congratulations on joining the perpetually wrong club here on politics and society. You have a lot of company.
markksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:53 PM   #5028
markksman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
markksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 20,240
Re: the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpus vile View Post
Lol at Marksman and his later editing and his acceptance at other protesters word as gospel despite one of them falsely claiming that the driver aggressively drove into the crowd.
Sneaky editing is yet another example of your bad faith posting.
I rarely edit my posts. Pretty sure if I edited that post it was not for whatever crazy nonsense you are saying here.
markksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:53 PM   #5029
EADGBE
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
EADGBE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: dry week
Posts: 15,079
Re: the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police

Subject can get heated enough without people flamebaiting. Let's all please try to simmer down a notch. Thanks.
EADGBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:06 PM   #5030
markksman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
markksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 20,240
Re: the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpus vile View Post
No, you're deliberately ignoring the context due to your partisan nature. In your totally learned view, are you saying with a straight face that the driver had absolutely no justification at all for being alarmed? By a crowd swarming his car and an armed stranger approaching?

Again you don't know he was pointing his gun toward the ground, you're taking his fellow protesters at their word. One of them falsely claimed he aggressively drove his car into the crowd, while managing to not hit a single one of them. So they're not reliable sources. However, your contrariness is as always, hilarious
Your ignorance remains fetching. All evidence points to him never having raised his weapon. He was well known for safely open carrying at protests for a while. Meanwhile his murderer had an issue with the protesters and went down there with his car and gun, drove into them and murdered someone.

I have already clearly stated I donít support open carry at all, it is ridiculous. BUT if you are going to legally use a firearm in Texas you need to understand open carry and how it works.

No matter how many times you try to act like the driver saw the rifle as a threat you will be wrong. That is not how it works. I am ashamed in myself in arguing this with you because you are so ridiculously ignorant and uninformed.

They guy went their because he wanted a fight. He went there inside his car and with a gun because he is a huge coward (former police officer so this is not wholly surprising) and then he murdered a guy.

Care to here my opinions about how violence in Ireland works?
markksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:09 PM   #5031
markksman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
markksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 20,240
Re: the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie View Post
What's this? How am I the first person to post about this outrageous VIOLENCE:

TEN YEARS! TEN YEARS! TEN YEARS!
markksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:39 PM   #5032
Slighted
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Slighted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 14,398
Re: the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula72 View Post
There is quite a bit of middle ground of what can be considered self defense that lies between shooting someone who "made you mad" and shooting someone who is literally shooting at you.
feel free to elaborate on some of them.

i'll get you started. someone walking in the street (not on their property) shoots and kills that st louis couple that was pointing an assault rifle at them aggressively. self defense or no?

someone peacefully protesting gets shot in the head with a rubber bullet and shoots and kills the police officer that fired it. self defense or no?

because both of those would be far easier cases of black and white open carry self defense than the aggressor in a vehicle specifically driving into a protest to agitate and than shooting someone that was there open carrying that from what i have seen didnt raise and point his weapon at the guy in the car.
Slighted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 10:47 PM   #5033
campfirewest
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
campfirewest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,050
Re: the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slighted View Post
feel free to elaborate on some of them.

i'll get you started. someone walking in the street (not on their property) shoots and kills that st louis couple that was pointing an assault rifle at them aggressively. self defense or no?

someone peacefully protesting gets shot in the head with a rubber bullet and shoots and kills the police officer that fired it. self defense or no?

because both of those would be far easier cases of black and white open carry self defense than the aggressor in a vehicle specifically driving into a protest to agitate and than shooting someone that was there open carrying that from what i have seen didnt raise and point his weapon at the guy in the car.
First one would be self defense, second one no.
campfirewest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 04:30 AM   #5034
corpus vile
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Dunwich
Posts: 3,295
Re: the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by markksman View Post
I rarely edit my posts. Pretty sure if I edited that post it was not for whatever crazy nonsense you are saying here.
You were asked two questions-
1
Quote:
I take it you think approaching a car in Texas with an assault rifle is a good idea and zero consequences should be expected in terms of potential reaction?
The law was then explained to you re weapons "calculated to cause alarm"

My second question was did you reckon the driver had cause to feel alarmed?

Rather than answer you went back and edited to include what you felt was an explanation, which wasn't, via quoting an article, to make it look like you counterpointed all along and I was merely repeating my question. (Even though your linked piece didn't actually address my points.)
Like I said, sneaky and it makes you look even more pathetic than you usually look.
corpus vile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 04:38 AM   #5035
corpus vile
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Dunwich
Posts: 3,295
Re: the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by markksman View Post
Your ignorance remains fetching. All evidence points to him never having raised his weapon.
No it doesn't, conflicting and potentially false accounts are not evidence.

Quote:
He was well known for safely open carrying at protests for a while.
And the driver should have known this? Think before you post.

Quote:
Meanwhile his murderer
Murderer is a legal term, he hasn't even been arrested, never mind tried and convicted of murder, there you go engaging in shrill emotive hyperbole again.

Quote:
had an issue with the protesters and went down there with his car and gun, drove into them and murdered someone.
Except he didn't drive into them. If he had have there would be injuries. You're taking some probable antifa member at his word which is belied by the actual evidence. In footage you clearly see a crowd running toward the car soon as the horn is honked-as in crowd standing in the middle of the street, blocking motorists.

All you're doing is blathering empty waffle. Honking a horn can make protesters feel threatened but approaching a car with an assault rifle shouldn't make a driver feel threatened, lol.

Quote:
I have already clearly stated I don’t support open carry at all, it is ridiculous. BUT if you are going to legally use a firearm in Texas you need to understand open carry and how it works.

No matter how many times you try to act like the driver saw the rifle as a threat you will be wrong. That is not how it works. I am ashamed in myself in arguing this with you because you are so ridiculously ignorant and uninformed.
Except it is a threat and you don't know where Foster had his assault rifle pointed and even if pointed at the ground, any driver in that position would feel threatened.

Quote:
They guy went their because he wanted a fight. He went there inside his car and with a gun because he is a huge coward (former police officer so this is not wholly surprising) and then he murdered a guy.
You don't know he wanted a fight and you don't understand the term "murder".

Quote:
Care to here my opinions about how violence in Ireland works?
Sure, shoot. Oops, sorry.
corpus vile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 07:39 AM   #5036
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 64,174
Re: the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police

if it was a black protester accosted by a right wing extremist or approached by a standard "dont tread on me" Republican then he would already be arrested. likewise certainly if he was a black "gangbanger" type. and even if he was a socalled champagne marxist from the local university. and still the same if he was a hardened direct action socialist.

the right, ie conservatives and republicans (and obv the right wing death squads that are the police dont even need mention) are afforded the right to shoot and kill these types.
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:28 AM   #5037
RFlushDiamonds
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,456
Re: the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
if it was a black protester accosted by a right wing extremist or approached by a standard "dont tread on me" Republican then he would already be arrested. likewise certainly if he was a black "gangbanger" type. and even if he was a socalled champagne marxist from the local university. and still the same if he was a hardened direct action socialist.

the right, ie conservatives and republicans (and obv the right wing death squads that are the police dont even need mention) are afforded the right to shoot and kill these types.

I posted this up thread but I read on CNN that the head of the Austin police union has already made a public statement to the effect that he 'asked for it'.

This is a clear signal that the police aren't going to go after the shooter because they didn't like the politics of Foster.

Defund.
RFlushDiamonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:31 AM   #5038
RFlushDiamonds
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,456
Re: the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by campfirewest View Post
First one would be self defense, second one no.

You're allowed to use deadly force to protect the lives of innocents.
So the second one is also a valid shoot.

Grant that you'll have a harder case to prove but in theory they're both justifiable. Or at least potentially so.

The fact that some fringe citizens don't see shooting protestors in the head as problematic is why the protests aren't going to stop any time soon.
RFlushDiamonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 09:19 AM   #5039
lagtight
Pooh-Bah
 
lagtight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 4,397
Re: the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlushDiamonds View Post
I posted this up thread but I read on CNN that the head of the Austin police union has already made a public statement to the effect that he 'asked for it'.



This is a clear signal that the police aren't going to go after the shooter because they didn't like the politics of Foster.



Defund.
For the record, I favor defunding the police in RFlushDiamond's neighborhood.
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 09:32 AM   #5040
corpus vile
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Dunwich
Posts: 3,295
Re: the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police

He'd be the loudest to wail if that happened.
corpus vile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 09:34 AM   #5041
corpus vile
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Dunwich
Posts: 3,295
Re: the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
if it was a black protester accosted by a right wing extremist or approached by a standard "dont tread on me" Republican then he would already be arrested. likewise certainly if he was a black "gangbanger" type. and even if he was a socalled champagne marxist from the local university. and still the same if he was a hardened direct action socialist.

the right, ie conservatives and republicans (and obv the right wing death squads that are the police dont even need mention) are afforded the right to shoot and kill these types.
Right wing death squads. I had no idea contemporary America suddenly turned into El Salvador circa 1980s, thanks for the heads up. I'm learning more and more about AmeriKKKa every day.
corpus vile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 10:01 AM   #5042
Max Cut
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Max Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 12,766
Re: the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police

it wasn't sudden
Max Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 10:17 AM   #5043
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 64,174
Re: the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpus vile View Post
Right wing death squads. I had no idea contemporary America suddenly turned into El Salvador circa 1980s, thanks for the heads up. I'm learning more and more about AmeriKKKa every day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cut View Post
it wasn't sudden
"those that work forces are the same that burn crosses" -1992
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 10:25 AM   #5044
RFlushDiamonds
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,456
Re: the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight View Post
For the record, I favor defunding the police in RFlushDiamond's neighborhood.
I live in the burbs. We have way too many cops that make way too much for what they do.

I'm not afraid of severe rifs even though we all know it will never happen.

The biggest fear people have in my town is people from the town over will drive through. lulz.

Besides, I was talking about Austin where the police are publicly saying a man who was murdered deserved it.
That wasn't my town. Are you okay with that attitude by leos ?
RFlushDiamonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 10:25 AM   #5045
5 south
Pooh-Bah
 
5 south's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lat Yao
Posts: 3,896
Re: the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police

For sure if this was some 3 percentard open carry march and one of those bozos got blasted it'd be a lot different reaction from certain news outlets.

Also I don't think anyone on the left would gaf and it'd probably be almost an exact reversal of arguments.
5 south is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 10:25 AM   #5046
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 64,174
Re: the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police

https://law****lark.edu/live/files/2...cle2johnsonpdf

"There is an epidemic of white supremacists in police departments."

"Although the F.B.I. warned of white supremacists infiltrating police departments in 2006, the denial of the problem has only enabled it to continue seemingly unabated."

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...aw-enforcement

"FBI warned of white supremacists in law enforcement 10 years ago. Has anything changed?"
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 10:27 AM   #5047
tame_deuces
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tame_deuces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,066
Re: the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police

Considering these are the largest protest in US history by a very wide margin, any view that tries to write it all off as "rioters" or "thugs" is provably wrong. Some 20 million people have participated in the protests, which should be evidence enough. 20 million people have not been rioting.

But yes, there have been cases of rioting, in some cities on a large scale. I don't think this is disputable from the available evidence. Nor is there any "msm"-conspiracy to cover this up. I read plenty of newspapers and all have reported on this.

There have also been demonstrated many instances of police brutality, including attacks on journalists and observers. Personally I think several of these videos have shown gross over-reactions from police; Especially the Buffalo police pushing an old man, failing to help him when he was injured (assistance was granted by officers from a different agency) and writing a falsified report after was a particular galling example.

I don't see much point in trying to tie the merits of the protests to the existence or non-existence of riots. The former coming off as a covering your ears and going "na-na-na!" and the latter not being far off.

And the protests have been effective. Some 20 states have started passing reforms, the demonstrations have levels of support never seen before in racial matters with huge jumps in support compared to previous years. While there is a big partisan gap in the support, Gallup has still reported some 22% support of the protests among Republicans. Nearly half polled by gallop also reported the protests have changed their opinions.

I wouldn't be surprised if the recent reports about the Trump campaign shutting down current ad tactics and planning a reboot is tied to those latter numbers.

Last edited by tame_deuces; 08-02-2020 at 10:35 AM.
tame_deuces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 10:31 AM   #5048
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 64,174
Re: the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police

@corpus

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...nging-suicide/

Four black people have been found hanging from trees in the last month in California, New York and Texas. Authorities say that all of these deaths appear to be suicides, with no signs of foul play. But family members of the deceased, protesters and activists, and some scholars of anti-black violence are intuitively suspicious about those conclusions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3SeOc6UUsQ

no charges against these ppl. we all know they are affiliated with leo in some way.

and ofc, the arbury thing. that guy was a former cop and he was protected by the police and prosecutor in that area. you protested that vociferously tho. so really, it makes me wonder why you continue to arrogantly assert you know wtf is going on when you have been blatantly wrong every other time. maybe listen when ur superiors speak.
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 10:41 AM   #5049
lagtight
Pooh-Bah
 
lagtight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 4,397
Re: the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlushDiamonds View Post
I live in the burbs. We have way too many cops that make way too much for what they do.

I'm not afraid of severe rifs even though we all know it will never happen.

The biggest fear people have in my town is people from the town over will drive through. lulz.

Besides, I was talking about Austin where the police are publicly saying a man who was murdered deserved it.
That wasn't my town. Are you okay with that attitude by leos ?
If defunding the police reduces the crime rate (especially murder), I'm on board!
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 10:44 AM   #5050
lagtight
Pooh-Bah
 
lagtight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 4,397
Re: the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by tame_deuces View Post
Considering these are the largest protest in US history by a very wide margin, any view that tries to write it all off as "rioters" or "thugs" is provably wrong. Some 20 million people have participated in the protests, which should be evidence enough. 20 million people have not been rioting.

But yes, there have been cases of rioting, in some cities on a large scale. I don't think this is disputable from the available evidence. Nor is there any "msm"-conspiracy to cover this up. I read plenty of newspapers and all have reported on this.

There have also been demonstrated many instances of police brutality, including attacks on journalists and observers. Personally I think several of these videos have shown gross over-reactions from police; Especially the Buffalo police pushing an old man, failing to help him when he was injured (assistance was granted by officers from a different agency) and writing a falsified report after was a particular galling example.

I don't see much point in trying to tie the merits of the protests to the existence or non-existence of riots. The former coming off as a covering your ears and going "na-na-na!" and the latter not being far off.

And the protests have been effective. Some 20 states have started passing reforms, the demonstrations have levels of support never seen before in racial matters with huge jumps in support compared to previous years. While there is a big partisan gap in the support, Gallup has still reported some 22% support of the protests among Republicans. Nearly half polled by gallop also reported the protests have changed their opinions.

I wouldn't be surprised if the recent reports about the Trump campaign shutting down current ad tactics and planning a reboot is tied to those latter numbers.
I think protesting is great.

Agree that probably only a tiny percentage of protestors are violent.
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online