Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed) Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)

11-25-2021 , 03:45 PM
And I'm also going to exhibit far more empathy to Uncle Harry's comic shop getting burned down than Walmart.
11-25-2021 , 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlushDiamonds Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)
You don't say that part out loud, but every American understands the code. Just read the wing nuts itt.

I want some more info on this epidemic of progressive prosecutors though. It seems like a novel concept. If they're elected or appointed by an elected official it seems they answer to the people they serve at some level. But it's a new concept to me. Prosecutors are conservative by definition . You can't work to feed the hungry and lock them up at that same time. But I'm certainly open to learning more.
Could you please elaborate? Or at least tell me where I can get a D*ick Tracy Decoder Ring(TM) without having to buy a dozen boxes of Crackerjacks(TM) hoping to find one?

Happy Thanksgiving, RFlushDiamonds!

Last edited by lagtight; 11-25-2021 at 05:16 PM.
11-25-2021 , 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by formula72 Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)
And I'm also going to exhibit far more empathy to Uncle Harry's comic shop getting burned down than Walmart.
I mostly agree with this. I certainly have far more sympathy for the owner of the comic shop. On the other hand, a WalMart burning down would make far more people losing their jobs.

Of course, if Harry doesn't have fire insurance, then what happened to Harry is far worse than the WalMart burning down.

Looks like insurance companies might have to start offering Riot Insurance (at least in blue states).

Happy Thanksgiving, formula72!

Last edited by lagtight; 11-25-2021 at 05:16 PM.
11-25-2021 , 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlushDiamonds Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)
Judges set bail, not prosecutors.

Are you sure you're a lawyer ?

Judges set bail against the charges prosecutors bring. I'll let you figure out the rest.
11-25-2021 , 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Treesong Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)
Judges set bail against the charges prosecutors bring. I'll let you figure out the rest.
So you're a lawyer who doesn't argue using the basics of the law and the legal system.

Sounds about right.
11-25-2021 , 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)
Could you please elaborate? Or at least tell me where I can get a D*ick Tracy Decoder Ring(TM) without having to buy a dozen boxes of Crackerjacks(TM) hoping to find one?

Happy Thanksgiving, RFlushDiamonds!
Not Dick Tracy, Lee Atwater. All you have to do is google Southern Strategy.
11-25-2021 , 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Land O Lakes Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)
When rioters are throwing shiit through your windows in the middle of the night, you can be sure that this is dangerous for the people living in the home.



Use your house for cover and shelter when they're throwing shiit through the windows?



Yes, and if you're situated inside of your stuff (house) and you're being firebombed, that is your life being placed in danger.




Again, you keep asserting that people are talking about killing people for no reason or for property. I know, I know, if someone firebombs your home, just leave the house and join them firebombing your neighbor's home. Problem solved, and if one of them wants to take a bat to your head, everyone takes a beating at some point.



Yeah, these people took over a 6sq mile block of Seattle. Violence, rape, extortion of local business owners and residents all happened and the police were told to stand down, yet you think it's a movie.
Well then, as I said, you'd better build a fortified compound with a water tower to keep your family safe. I'm pretty sure a gun isn't going to do much against the angry mobs that are (for some reason known only to you) about to come down your street and burn you out of your house.
11-25-2021 , 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)
Watch the documentary on Larry Krasner called Philly DA. He's fairly progressive and was a former activist defense lawyer that had spent a career successfully suing the police.
Thanks. I didn't realize how radical Krasner was.

No wonder all the Ditto Heads here are spewing their 'end of law and order' talking points.
Black people who can vote for their own best interests still scare the hell out of them after all these years. lol
11-25-2021 , 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlushDiamonds Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)
Not Dick Tracy, Lee Atwater. All you have to do is google Southern Strategy.
I understand the Southern Strategy. But, I am asking specifically for the Rosetta Stone so I can decipher the FoxNewsSpeak.
11-25-2021 , 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlushDiamonds Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)
Thanks. I didn't realize how radical Krasner was.

No wonder all the Ditto Heads here are spewing their 'end of law and order' talking points.
Black people who can vote for their own best interests still scare the hell out of them after all these years. lol
Race-baiting politicians in both parties despise people who choose to think for themselves. Just like defense lawyers hate jurors who have IQ's over 100 (if they think they have a weak case).
11-25-2021 , 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)
Race-baiting politicians in both parties despise people who choose to think for themselves. Just like defense lawyers hate jurors who have IQ's over 100 (if they think they have a weak case).
Sure. I'm talking about some of the posters here though. People who would likely tell you they think for themselves.

I just think it's interesting how they all come out with the same shtick on the same day over and over.
So many independent thinkers coming up with the same thoughts at the same time. They must all be geniuses.
11-25-2021 , 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlushDiamonds Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)
Sure. I'm talking about some of the posters here though. People who would likely tell you they think for themselves.

I just think it's interesting how they all come out with the same shtick on the same day over and over.
So many independent thinkers coming up with the same thoughts at the same time. They must all be geniuses.
Well said!
11-25-2021 , 10:02 PM
Whose going to play Kyle in the inevitable Bio-pic? One of the kids from Stranger Things?
11-25-2021 , 10:11 PM
If KR was capable to play his cards to perfection post verdict, he could actually become one of the most powerful right wing figures for a good amount of time.

Forget the two tours in Iraq or the sands of Iwo Jima, he defended someone else's town when no one else would step up to the position and giveth calm in their neighborhood.
11-26-2021 , 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuepee Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)
Yes.

If you think a Realtor is safer from random acts of crime due to carrying a gun to defend themselves, and when I point out that far more people in her situation will die because of that GUN and ones others are carrying legally in Road Rage, other such incidental incident contact and family, friend and colleague crime, you seemed to dismiss the idea that just because people would be carrying guns it would lead to road rage triggered killings. That the Realtor or this librarian would be LESS safe because the 'good guys' are now packing heat.

Does this incident impact your view? If this librarian (Realtor) does not have easy access to any gun do you think she is still alive today?
Oh, I can think of several things each person should and/or shouldn't have done that would have led to no one getting shot (or getting hit by a car intentionally). Somehow the, "I don't think everyone has the emotional stability to own a gun" needs to be reiterated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlushDiamonds Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)
Well then, as I said, you'd better build a fortified compound with a water tower to keep your family safe. I'm pretty sure a gun isn't going to do much against the angry mobs that are (for some reason known only to you) about to come down your street and burn you out of your house.
I love the willful blindness in the wake of rioters attacking random homes just a year ago.

Also, if you're anti-gun, you really shouldn't make an argument for why the AR15 is one of the best self-defense weapons.
11-26-2021 , 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Land O Lakes Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)
Oh, I can think of several things each person should and/or shouldn't have done that would have led to no one getting shot (or getting hit by a car intentionally). Somehow the, "I don't think everyone has the emotional stability to own a gun" needs to be reiterated. ...s.
Which is a direct counter to the idea that the more 'Good Guys with Guns' in society we have the more they can protect themselves and prevent crimes.

Fact is that your Realtor example, or this Librarian, is in far more danger in a society where her daily interactions that have nothing to do with crime (family, friend, coworker, general populace interactions such as road rage, etc) then she is if she has no gun and is visited by random crime.

As you add guns to the 'Good Guys' society gets less and less safe.
11-26-2021 , 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Land O Lakes Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)
Oh, I can think of several things each person should and/or shouldn't have done that would have led to no one getting shot (or getting hit by a car intentionally). Somehow the, "I don't think everyone has the emotional stability to own a gun" needs to be reiterated.



I love the willful blindness in the wake of rioters attacking random homes just a year ago.

Also, if you're anti-gun, you really shouldn't make an argument for why the AR15 is one of the best self-defense weapons.
Who said I was anti gun ? I'm anti vigilante.

Anyway, a few links would help. I keep trying find out about these home invasions but I don't have all day to look for articles you claim exist but I don't see.

CHAZ was actually a good example of vigilantism though. Although I can see why segments of society are sick of the status quo the long term solution isn't going to by anarchy.

Anyway, what am I ignoring ? A gun may help me in certain unlikely situations but if people are burning down my street I'm leaving.
I'd be much more likely to take a defensive position is some types of businesses if I thought I needed to prepare for a shoot out then in my house. Drywall burns well and doesn't stop live rounds at all.

Besides, I've been in fights and I've taken runs. Running hurts way less.
11-26-2021 , 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by formula72 Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)
If KR was capable to play his cards to perfection post verdict, he could actually become one of the most powerful right wing figures for a good amount of time.

Forget the two tours in Iraq or the sands of Iwo Jima, he defended someone else's town when no one else would step up to the position and giveth calm in their neighborhood.
He should move to WV and primary Manchin.
11-26-2021 , 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Land O Lakes Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)
Oh, I can think of several things each person should and/or shouldn't have done that would have led to no one getting shot (or getting hit by a car intentionally). Somehow the, "I don't think everyone has the emotional stability to own a gun" needs to be reiterated.

...
This is a direct example of how what in most normal societies would end at harsh words or maybe a fist fight turns into an execution.


In spoilers for those who do not like to see someone murdered over nonsense.

Spoiler:


11-26-2021 , 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlushDiamonds Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)
Who said I was anti gun ? I'm anti vigilante.
Well, standing on your own property with a firearm not pointed at anyone is not being a vigilante - neither is protecting your family from a mob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlushDiamonds Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)
Anyway, a few links would help. I keep trying find out about these home invasions but I don't have all day to look for articles you claim exist but I don't see.
Literally all you have to type into youtube keywords about rioting and residential areas and you'll get plenty of evidence that riots were not just contained to businesses.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuepee Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)
This is a direct example of how what in most normal societies would end at harsh words or maybe a fist fight turns into an execution.
Idiots go at it so therefore guns are not useful for self-defense?

11-26-2021 , 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Land O Lakes Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)
...




Idiots go at it so therefore guns are not useful for self-defense?
...
Why the strawman?

Looks like you know you are wrong and you trying to divert.

No one is saying a gun in the hands of a 'good guy' if and when they end up the unfortunate reverse lottery winner and and are face with violent crime, cannot be helpful in improving their chance of surviving.

What I am saying (and proving) is that those guns in the hands of more 'good guys' result in way, way, WAY more good guy deaths at the hands of their family, neighbours, friends, work colleagues or just general incidents like road rage, then would happen if they had no guns.

Have you heard the expression 'the cure is worse than the disease' and do you know what it means? It means more deaths result from that secondary action that would not occur if not for that first action (securing a gun) taken.
11-26-2021 , 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlushDiamonds Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)
So you're a lawyer who doesn't argue using the basics of the law and the legal system.

Sounds about right.

Here's an example from this morning's WSJ: "San Francisco officers made 131 arrests for felony domestic violence during the fourth quarter of 2020. Chesa Boudin's office dismissed 113, or 86 per cent of them."
11-26-2021 , 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuepee Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)
Why the strawman?

Looks like you know you are wrong and you trying to divert.
Lol. All I merely did was show you an example of a gun being used in self-defense. We can go video-to-video of you posting idiots with a gun and myself posting a person rightfully defending his or her life with one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuepee Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)
No one is saying a gun in the hands of a 'good guy' if and when they end up the unfortunate reverse lottery winner and and are face with violent crime, cannot be helpful in improving their chance of surviving.

What I am saying (and proving) is that those guns in the hands of more 'good guys' result in way, way, WAY more good guy deaths at the hands of their family, neighbours, friends, work colleagues or just general incidents like road rage, then would happen if they had no guns.

Have you heard the expression 'the cure is worse than the disease' and do you know what it means? It means more deaths result from that secondary action that would not occur if not for that first action (securing a gun) taken.
Yeah, we get it - you think there is no such thing as a good guy with a gun, which is why you feel compelled to place good guy within quotes each time, because you feel said "good guy" will become a "bad guy" with a gun just by nature of owning one.

Unless your ass is in a sling and the police show up with guns to help you. Well, the reality is that lady and her family in the video I posted would very likely have been dead by the time police arrived.
11-26-2021 , 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlushDiamonds Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)
I need links to know what you're referring to. I haven't read about any homeowners being killed by rioters and it doesn't seem very likely. Not likely enough to have a real life plan to deal with at any rate.

Technically you're not a vigilante if you're only protecting your home but in my opinion you should attempt to use your house for cover and shelter and not draw attention to yourself. Trying to use a show of force against a mob is stupid. The same applies to your business. Although your business is much more likely to be attacked by virtue of the fact that riots tend to be in business districts. At the end of the day you need to protect your life, not your stuff.

Also, one day you'll grow up and actually feel really bad about shooting some crazy moron for no good reason. Even if he deserves it you don't.

It's not that I can't conceive of a time I'd use deadly force to protect my family, it's just that I wouldn't have a fire arm and that would motivate me to do everything else first.

If your imaginary scenario where gangs roamed the streets burning people out of their houses and raping women and children was an actual thing I might be convinced to change my mind. But ...... Mad Max is still just a movie.
Protecting your business is protecting your property and livelihood. I assume that you wouldn’t consider people you hired to protect your family as vigilantes but would consider people you hired to protect your business as vigilantes. Is that about right? Certainly you can contract to provide armed protection for your business and it is legal.

In WI there are regulations and of course Rittenhouse doesn’t qualify. Most people in this thread seem to be in agreement that Rittenhouse had no business as an armed protector of a business. Still there obviously is a demand at some level for armed protection by private interests.

Last edited by adios; 11-26-2021 at 02:29 PM.
11-26-2021 , 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Land O Lakes Kyle Rittenhouse trial (renamed)
We can go video-to-video of you posting idiots with a gun and myself posting a person rightfully defending his or her life with one.
Agreed.... and,, we don't need to go that route gentlemen.

      
m