Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Politics and Society Contentions, Controversies, and Conflicts

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2020, 11:34 PM   #351
Smudger2408
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1,204
Re: Covid-19 lockdowns and reopenings (formerly: Brian Kemp 2024)

SARS, H1N1.

Ebolao. Measels.

Over an over again. Yeah, COVID might be tad worse. There are no hospitals being over run. This reaction it utterly insane.

Not that I am insensitive to the people that got this, but come on. We shut down economic prosperity for something we are all going to get anyway? 36,000,000 unemployed?
Smudger2408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:36 PM   #352
Smudger2408
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1,204
Re: Covid-19 lockdowns and reopenings (formerly: Brian Kemp 2024)

And Trump needs to go. No question. He did great on the economy. He did great on ISIS. He did horrible job here. Gotta go. Either this is a real thing or not. He played the middle. Make a stance. He's gotta go.
Smudger2408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:42 PM   #353
Smudger2408
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1,204
Re: Covid-19 lockdowns and reopenings (formerly: Brian Kemp 2024)

Can't let 36,000,000 go unemployed and say, "Not a real thing", but "Oops, maybe it is a real thing. Let Faucci talk" then, maybe, "Not a real thing, let's open up" Oh wait, Fauci talked again! Let's not open up! But, maybe he is wrong? Maybe Brian kemp is stupid? Faucci said so! Nope! Brian Kemp might be right! maybe he isn't. I don't know what the hell to do! GRRRRRRRRRR. Guess I shouldn't of had this job and I will just complain! Damn it, it's an election year! What do I do? I'm too scared to overturn Faucci. But, 36,000,00 people without a job. Sign my name for $1,200 bucks! Yeah, yeah, they'll like me then.
Smudger2408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:14 AM   #354
Max Cut
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Max Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: unstuckpolitics
Posts: 12,328
Re: Covid-19 lockdowns and reopenings (formerly: Brian Kemp 2024)

damn son, put down the needle and the clorox
Max Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:18 AM   #355
Smudger2408
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1,204
Re: Covid-19 lockdowns and reopenings (formerly: Brian Kemp 2024)

LOL, that last post was my Trump impression....just saying.
Smudger2408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:04 AM   #356
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 67,118
Re: Covid-19 lockdowns and reopenings (formerly: Brian Kemp 2024)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger2408 View Post
Get a disease similiar to the last 10 we faced
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger2408 View Post
SARS, H1N1.

Ebolao. Measels.
So by "the same" you mean the disease that's killed 100k Americans and counting while locked down, in three months, is "the same" as diseases that killed...
- no Americans (SARS)
- ~12k Americans in a year without social distancing measures (H1N1)
- 1 American (ebola)
- under 1k Americans per year before becoming ~0 with the arrival of a vaccine (measles)
?

Yeah, seems exactly the same, great call!
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:21 AM   #357
Slighted
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Slighted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 14,107
Re: Covid-19 lockdowns and reopenings (formerly: Brian Kemp 2024)

this is how the right is going to retcon this whole thing..

this virus that tripled that annual flu deaths in less than half to a third the time WHILE we were in the most serious lockdown we've been in in a century is going to be compared to ebola..

in a country like the US you would practically have to intentionally try to get ebola to spread it..
Slighted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:22 AM   #358
markksman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
markksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 19,460
Re: Covid-19 lockdowns and reopenings (formerly: Brian Kemp 2024)

Smudge,

Any black people at the country club who were not working?


Lol just kidding, itís a trick question! You are in Georgia!
markksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:10 AM   #359
adios
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Russian Troll
Posts: 22,031
Re: Covid-19 lockdowns and reopenings (formerly: Brian Kemp 2024)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger2408 View Post
Can't let 36,000,000 go unemployed and say, "Not a real thing", but "Oops, maybe it is a real thing. Let Faucci talk" then, maybe, "Not a real thing, let's open up" Oh wait, Fauci talked again! Let's not open up! But, maybe he is wrong? Maybe Brian kemp is stupid? Faucci said so! Nope! Brian Kemp might be right! maybe he isn't. I don't know what the hell to do! GRRRRRRRRRR. Guess I shouldn't of had this job and I will just complain! Damn it, it's an election year! What do I do? I'm too scared to overturn Faucci. But, 36,000,00 people without a job. Sign my name for $1,200 bucks! Yeah, yeah, they'll like me then.
I actually agree with gist of this take. However, keep in mind we have learned a lot more about this virus as time has gone on. Mid course corrections are understandable. Your alternative is Joe Biden and how would he have led? What will he do going forward for the recovery?
adios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM   #360
MrWookie
Don't Call Me Meredith
 
MrWookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Treating my drinking problem.
Posts: 91,594
Re: Covid-19 lockdowns and reopenings (formerly: Brian Kemp 2024)

MrWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM   #361
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 67,118
Re: Covid-19 lockdowns and reopenings (formerly: Brian Kemp 2024)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adios View Post
Your alternative is Joe Biden and how would he have led? What will he do going forward for the recovery?
Do you think there's nothing Trump could have done better? Or that, whatever those things are, Biden would not have done them either?
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:01 PM   #362
neverbeclever
adept
 
neverbeclever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: non us
Posts: 1,006
Re: Covid-19 lockdowns and reopenings (formerly: Brian Kemp 2024)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
Do you think there's nothing Trump could have done better? Or that, whatever those things are, Biden would not have done them either?
Hi Goofy,
i understand you are a lefty and all that, anti this anti that, maybe even a vegitarian.

Im from Holland...do u know how many people died yesterday from CV?
Spoiler:


And we are still in lockdown!
Focus on whats really important!

Topic should be about going back to ''old normal''!
neverbeclever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:19 PM   #363
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 67,118
Re: Covid-19 lockdowns and reopenings (formerly: Brian Kemp 2024)

What on earth does the number of CV deaths in Holland have to do with my post? I'm happy for you guys that you have it under control, but this country very clearly does not!
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM   #364
neverbeclever
adept
 
neverbeclever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: non us
Posts: 1,006
Re: Covid-19 lockdowns and reopenings (formerly: Brian Kemp 2024)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
What on earth does the number of CV deaths in Holland have to do with my post? I'm happy for you guys that you have it under control, but this country very clearly does not!
The point i was trying to point out is:
even if your golden boy (Biden) would fix it all...u would still be in a lockdown.
In short: Lets suppose Trump/Biden will get it to zero deaths...wtf cares, if theres still a lockdown!?

What im saying is: ok, USA has no control maybe at the moment...but when they do...by Trump or Biden...it will still be ''the new normal".

In short: u focus on Trump handling CV...i focus on what happens next if it gets handled.
Think im entitled to state this in a CV topic wright?
neverbeclever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM   #365
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 67,118
Re: Covid-19 lockdowns and reopenings (formerly: Brian Kemp 2024)

Biden's not my "golden boy", I'm just puzzled by adios' post and asking him for clarification.

But, I do think anyone who ran for the Democratic nomination would be more likely to get us to zero deaths than Trump, because Democrats would have shown significantly less hesitance to interfere with the economy to save people's lives than Donald Trump did. Trump's administration is now making statements about "human capital stock" being ready to go back to work, because that's all human lives are worth to them: the value of their economic output.

Also, your question starts for the presumption that everything is fixed. Why do you think Trump is going to fix anything? He reluctantly issued guidelines for opening back up and is now cheering on the opening of states who aren't meeting those guidelines.
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:44 AM   #366
neverbeclever
adept
 
neverbeclever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: non us
Posts: 1,006
Re: Covid-19 lockdowns and reopenings (formerly: Brian Kemp 2024)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
Biden's not my "golden boy", I'm just puzzled by adios' post and asking him for clarification.

But, I do think anyone who ran for the Democratic nomination would be more likely to get us to zero deaths than Trump, because Democrats would have shown significantly less hesitance to interfere with the economy to save people's lives than Donald Trump did. Trump's administration is now making statements about "human capital stock" being ready to go back to work, because that's all human lives are worth to them: the value of their economic output.

Also, your question starts for the presumption that everything is fixed. Why do you think Trump is going to fix anything? He reluctantly issued guidelines for opening back up and is now cheering on the opening of states who aren't meeting those guidelines.
I understand Biden could get u faster closer to zero.
But i could even get u closer to zero as well, just shut the whole society down.

Anyway...but what happens after u are finally at zero!!!???
Thats my point.
neverbeclever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:56 AM   #367
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 67,118
Re: Covid-19 lockdowns and reopenings (formerly: Brian Kemp 2024)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger2408 View Post
THIS IS THE GREATEST FRAUD IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!
Smudger might be onto something! Georgia's cooking of their books is pretty wild:

goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:13 AM   #368
adios
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Russian Troll
Posts: 22,031
Re: Covid-19 lockdowns and reopenings (formerly: Brian Kemp 2024)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
Smudger might be onto something! Georgia's cooking of their books is pretty wild:

Yes in GA,

There is LITTLE TO NO EXCESS CAPACITY in INTENSIVE CARE BEDS.

COVID-19 INFECTIONS ARE SURGING

COVID-19 RELATED DEATHS ARE SURGING

The GA state government IS INVOLVED IN A MASSIVE COVER UP of REAL COVID-19 DATA

EVERY REPUBLICAN GOVERNOR IS INVOLVED IN A MASSIVE COVER UP OF COVID-19 DATA

DEMOCRATS ARE THE BEST!
adios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:45 AM   #369
dinopoker
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
dinopoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Must...bet...more!
Posts: 8,924
Re: Covid-19 lockdowns and reopenings (formerly: Brian Kemp 2024)

Do you dispute the data provided in the tweet, adios? If so, what parts?
dinopoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:17 PM   #370
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 67,118
Re: Covid-19 lockdowns and reopenings (formerly: Brian Kemp 2024)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adios View Post
Yes in GA,

There is LITTLE TO NO EXCESS CAPACITY in INTENSIVE CARE BEDS.

COVID-19 INFECTIONS ARE SURGING

COVID-19 RELATED DEATHS ARE SURGING

The GA state government IS INVOLVED IN A MASSIVE COVER UP of REAL COVID-19 DATA

EVERY REPUBLICAN GOVERNOR IS INVOLVED IN A MASSIVE COVER UP OF COVID-19 DATA

DEMOCRATS ARE THE BEST!
lol, what makes this meltdown really precious is that adios is the one who started down the path of "sorry but we still have to vote for Trump no matter how bad he does on COVID" and now he's turning into a corncob because somebody asked him why
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:27 PM   #371
wet work
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wet work's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,397
Re: Covid-19 lockdowns and reopenings (formerly: Brian Kemp 2024)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverbeclever View Post
Hi Goofy,
i understand you are a lefty and all that, anti this anti that, maybe even a vegitarian.
Dutch people lecturing others on food. lmao
wet work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:08 PM   #372
markksman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
markksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 19,460
Re: Covid-19 lockdowns and reopenings (formerly: Brian Kemp 2024)

Georgia is really crushing the game.
markksman is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online