Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Politics and Society Contentions, Controversies, and Conflicts

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 06:52 AM   #1
washoe
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2,405
Washoe discusses sexuality (excised from "Transgender" thread)

Blade since you brought up elton john.
what do you think of:

Freddy mercury, gay or bi?

Prince, gay or bi?
washoe is offline  
Old Yesterday, 07:16 AM   #2
Bladesman87
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 14,407
Re: Transgender issues (formerly "Transgender/Athlete Controversy")

I don't really care.
Bladesman87 is offline  
Old Yesterday, 07:38 AM   #3
washoe
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2,405
Re: Transgender issues (formerly "Transgender/Athlete Controversy")

It's interesting to see. Many of these musicians are idols (to me too)

David bowie, Cher, Madonna, Freddy, George Michael

Now it's miley, lady gaga, Rita ora, Fergie, etc.

' 30 singers you may not know are LGBT '
https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/04/1...singers-queer/
washoe is offline  
Old Yesterday, 07:41 AM   #4
Bladesman87
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 14,407
Re: Transgender issues (formerly "Transgender/Athlete Controversy")

Good for them, but what's the relevance?
Bladesman87 is offline  
Old Yesterday, 07:50 AM   #5
washoe
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2,405
Re: Transgender issues (formerly "Transgender/Athlete Controversy")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesman87 View Post
Good for them, but what's the relevance?
I forgot Ricky Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesman87 View Post
.... when Elton John got married he hadn't come out yet, or that he was conflicted over his feelings about being gay and tried to suppress it, but nonetheless he was always gay. That there isn't a time when Elton John was heterosexual.

That's directly analogous to a trans person who transitions. I don't think that a trans woman was ever a cis male. I think they were always a trans woman. To then refer to "when he was a cis male" is incoherent to me.

As fun as it it to discuss someone's posting trends, or whether they're malicious, that's an actually substantive issue that I think people should grasp when they discuss these topics or decide what pronouns are the best descriptors for trans people.

People don't become something when they come out. They affirm what they always were.

Last edited by washoe; Yesterday at 07:55 AM.
washoe is offline  
Old Yesterday, 08:00 AM   #6
washoe
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2,405
Re: Transgender issues (formerly "Transgender/Athlete Controversy")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesman87 View Post
Good for them, but what's the relevance?
What's the relevance???! People look up to them, that's the relevance! You have any idea how many girls turned gay all of the sudden when Katy Perry sang: I kissed a girl and I liked it? Or when Madonna kissed britney on stage? They have a huge influence.

If you stick 50 men on a boat for 6 month, they all become gay. Same thing with the prisons. Prisongay, Google it. You know It, I know it. Every sailor or boatsman or inmate knows it. Think about it.

Last edited by washoe; Yesterday at 08:19 AM.
washoe is offline  
Old Yesterday, 08:04 AM   #7
Bladesman87
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 14,407
Re: Transgender issues (formerly "Transgender/Athlete Controversy")

Quote:
Originally Posted by washoe View Post
You have any idea how many girls turned gay all ofnthe sudden when Katy Perry sang: I kissed a girl and I liked it?
Somewhere in the region of 0 is my estimate.
Bladesman87 is offline  
Old Yesterday, 08:18 AM   #8
washoe
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2,405
Re: Transgender issues (formerly "Transgender/Athlete Controversy")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesman87 View Post
Somewhere in the region of 0 is my estimate.
Meeehh. Wrong imo. Nearly every girl became bi all of the sudden/rant

I'm just so tired of it. When you meet a girl and she tells you she's bi. Wtf are you supposed to think?? Great, now we can have a 3-some? Or great, this is gonna be a short relationship, bc now you have to share/unmarriable?

I dated one girl that said she's bi, and it was a f disaster, a huge f mess. Please tell me how this is supposed to work out??

Last edited by washoe; Yesterday at 08:36 AM.
washoe is offline  
Old Yesterday, 08:40 AM   #9
Ranma4703
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: she / her
Posts: 3,006
Re: Transgender issues (formerly "Transgender/Athlete Controversy")

Quote:
Originally Posted by washoe View Post
Meeehh. Wrong imo. Nearly every girl became bi all of the sudden/rant

I'm just so tired of it. When you meet a girl and she tells you she's bi. Wtf are you supposed to think?? Great, now we can have a 3-some? Or great, this is gonma be a short relationship, bc now you have to share/unmarriable?

I dated one girl that said she's bi, and it was a f disaster..
So, it is your understanding of sexuality, that it is incredibly mutable and something as simple as a pop song can change someone's sexuality?

And also that people's sexual orientation is there for your consumption, not independent of you? And that bisexual people cannot be in committed, monogamous relationships?

And that your single experience dating one bisexual person is representative of anything?

Or, is it possible that some of these women were ALWAYS bisexual, but lived in a society where bisexuals are discriminated against - say, it's a society where people believe that bisexual people are different from monosexual people, and must date people of multiple genders, aren't suitable for long term relationships, only have value if you're looking for a 3some, etc. Maybe in that sort of society, people would 'round themselves down' to being straight or gay, so as to not deal with that discrimination?

And then someone they looked up to made space for their existence? Said it's ok to be bisexual, so they let the world see that part of themself, thinking it was safe now?


Or maybe just people's sexuality can be changed by some catchy lyrics, and you better be careful about listening to Lil Nas X or you're gonna be down in hell sucking Satan's cock if you're not careful
Ranma4703 is offline  
Old Yesterday, 08:43 AM   #10
Rococo
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rococo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,737
Re: Transgender issues (formerly "Transgender/Athlete Controversy")

Quote:
Originally Posted by washoe View Post
What's the relevance???! People look up to them, that's the relevance! You have any idea how many girls turned gay all of the sudden when Katy Perry sang: I kissed a girl and I liked it? Or when Madonna kissed britney on stage? They have a huge influence.

If you stick 50 men on a boat for 6 month, they all become gay. Same thing with the prisons. Prisongay, Google it. You know It, I know it. Every sailor or boatsman or inmate knows it. Think about it.
I'm not sure how you concluded that all or most male inmates have sex with other inmates. And even among the inmates who do have sex with other inmates, what percentage do you supposed continued to have sex with men after they were released from prison. I would guess it is a small percentage.

If I lock five dogs in a closet, eventually they will attack and eat each other. That doesn't mean that dogs are the preferred diet for dogs.

Last edited by Rococo; Yesterday at 09:01 AM.
Rococo is offline  
Old Yesterday, 08:48 AM   #11
washoe
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2,405
Re: Transgender issues (formerly "Transgender/Athlete Controversy")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma4703 View Post

And that your single experience dating one bisexual person is representative of anything?

Or, is it possible that some of these women were ALWAYS bisexual, but lived in a society where bisexuals are discriminated against - say, it's a society where people believe that bisexual people are different from monosexual people, and must date people of multiple genders, aren't suitable for long term relationships, only have value if you're looking for a 3some, etc. Maybe in that sort of society, people would 'round themselves down' to being straight or gay, so as to not deal with that discrimination?
Ranma I don't mean to discriminate or judge anyone to be honest. I just had my experiences. I am not talking about trans. I'm talking about bi sexuals.

I think it's a fact that people like Madonna and Katie Perry have an influence on people.

I'm curious to what you or blade think about this: (its a discussion about sailors turned gay at sea, briefly https://amp.reddit.com/r/AskHistoria...or_stereotype/

Im still debating with myself what's going on here, but for me it's safe to say a bi- sexual woman is no dating material. (From experience)

I have more examples why I think it can never work out.

Last edited by washoe; Yesterday at 08:55 AM.
washoe is offline  
Old Yesterday, 08:56 AM   #12
Bladesman87
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 14,407
Re: Transgender issues (formerly "Transgender/Athlete Controversy")

Quote:
Originally Posted by washoe View Post
Meeehh. Wrong imo. Nearly every girl became bi all of the sudden/rant

I'm just so tired of it. When you meet a girl and she tells you she's bi. Wtf are you supposed to think?? Great, now we can have a 3-some? Or great, this is gonna be a short relationship, bc now you have to share/unmarriable?

I dated one girl that said she's bi, and it was a f disaster, a huge f mess. Please tell me how this is supposed to work out??
The implication you made was that people suddenly became bi on hearing a Katy Perry song. That I think is extremely unlikely. Far more likely is that as society has become increasingly accepting that more and more people feel free to express a sexuality they always had. I think it's again highly analogous to Elton John who felt so pressured by society to not be gay that he entered a marriage doomed to failure.

And I'm not here to give relationship advice but I think it's very sad if you wouldn't date a woman because she's bisexual.

Pretty much I agree with Ranma.
Bladesman87 is offline  
Old Yesterday, 09:09 AM   #13
washoe
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2,405
Re: Transgender issues (formerly "Transgender/Athlete Controversy")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesman87 View Post
The implication you made was that people suddenly became bi on hearing a Katy Perry song. That I think is extremely unlikely. Far more likely is that as society has become increasingly accepting that more and more people feel free to express a sexuality they always had. I think it's again highly analogous to Elton John who felt so pressured by society to not be gay that he entered a marriage doomed to failure.

And I'm not here to give relationship advice but I think it's very sad if you wouldn't date a woman because she's bisexual.

Pretty much I agree with Ranma.
Thanks, now i googled it: (it wasnactually just a theory or mine)

"It all started when Madonna kissed Britney Spears on stage, followed by Katy Perry who sang a song about a girl she kissed – and now it seems the 'flexisexuality' trend is fast catching up.The new word has been coined for the growing number of straight women who flirt with bisexuality. It refers to people who have a sexual preference but refuse to be bound by it.Pop culture, itself, seems to celebrate that flexibility in songs like Katie Perry's I Kissed a Girl [and I Liked It], a song that 19-year-old Alisha Garrison said "made girls be more free to do whatever they want,” reports ABC News
"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hin...WM1UK_amp.html

Last edited by washoe; Yesterday at 09:22 AM.
washoe is offline  
Old Yesterday, 09:18 AM   #14
Ranma4703
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: she / her
Posts: 3,006
Re: Transgender issues (formerly "Transgender/Athlete Controversy")

Quote:
Originally Posted by washoe View Post
Ranma I don't mean to discriminate or judge anyone to be honest. I just had my experiences. I am not talking about trans. I'm talking about bi sexuals.

I think it's a fact that people like Madonna and Katie Perry have an influence on people.

I'm curious to what you or blade think about this: (its a discussion about sailors turned gay at sea, briefly https://amp.reddit.com/r/AskHistoria...or_stereotype/

Im still debating with myself what's going on here, but for me it's safe to say a bi- sexual woman is no dating material. (From experience)

I have more examples why I think it can never work out.
Just because you do not mean to discriminate against, or judge people, doesn't mean you aren't. If you can't see how saying "a bi- sexual woman is no dating material." is judging and discriminatory, then you need to do some self examination and work.

I do appreciate you giving us an immediate example of why focusing on intent doesn't matter, since people rarely think of themselves as doing hurtful things.
Ranma4703 is offline  
Old Yesterday, 09:18 AM   #15
Bladesman87
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 14,407
Re: Transgender issues (formerly "Transgender/Athlete Controversy")

Quote:
Originally Posted by washoe View Post
Ranma I don't mean to discriminate or judge anyone to be honest. I just had my experiences. I am not talking about trans. I'm talking about bi sexuals.

I think it's a fact that people like Madonna and Katie Perry have an influence on people.

I'm curious to what you or blade think about this: (its a discussion about sailors turned gay at sea, briefly https://amp.reddit.com/r/AskHistoria...or_stereotype/

Im still debating with myself what's going on here, but for me it's safe to say a bi- sexual woman is no dating material. (From experience)

I have more examples why I think it can never work out.
Summarise your links better if you want people to read them. Give me your opinion on that thread and maybe I'll check it out.

I think sexuality is more malleable than people like to think, but I also think it's not a choice or a sudden thing. I think if sailors perform some homosexual act while at sea that this may well be incidental and for lack of other options. It doesn't mean that people simply "go gay" at the flick of a switch or upon hearing a Katy Perry song.

I imagine that in a world where homosexuality and bisexuality were seen as totally normal that we'd see a much higher rate of it, and I think this is reflected by the prevalence we see in modern times and also in historical times where it was normal. I also think this probably explains why women are more open about same-sex experiences than men; society is far more likely to look at a homosexual man's experience and think he's closeted and gay than for a woman who talks about the one time she hooked up with another woman. I've thought about it for myself, and even though I live in a reasonably progressive place there'd likely be a lot of judgement if I had a trans girlfriend. That's sad, and I'd like to think it wouldn't stop me if circumstances arose, but it's a thing.

The long and short of it though is that we don't know what sexuality would look like in a world without social norms about sexuality but what we do know doesn't suggest that people turn gay all of a sudden.

As for your qualms about dating a bisexual there's no much to say other than that bi people can be monogamous. It's a bit like if I told a woman, "I'm attracted to women" and she turned around and said "What? Like a lot of them? This is never going to work!". Bi people are no different to your or I in their ability to hold down a relationship.
Bladesman87 is offline  
Old Yesterday, 09:24 AM   #16
washoe
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2,405
Re: Transgender issues (formerly "Transgender/Athlete Controversy")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma4703 View Post
Just because you do not mean to discriminate against, or judge people, doesn't mean you aren't. If you can't see how saying "a bi- sexual woman is no dating material." is judging and discriminatory, then you need to do some self examination and work.

I do appreciate you giving us an immediate example of why focusing on intent doesn't matter, since people rarely think of themselves as doing hurtful things.
As we are all fans of numbers and statistics. How many relationships do we know that worked out involving bi-sexuals?? What's the statistics on that? I do not know of 1, not even 1 single one relationship between bi sexuals that worked out, do you?
washoe is offline  
Old Yesterday, 09:30 AM   #17
Bladesman87
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 14,407
Re: Transgender issues (formerly "Transgender/Athlete Controversy")

Quote:
Originally Posted by washoe View Post
Thanks, now i googled it: (it wasnactually just a theory or mine)

"It all started when Madonna kissed Britney Spears on stage, followed by Katy Perry who sang a song about a girl she kissed – and now it seems the 'flexisexuality' trend is fast catching up.The new word has been coined for the growing number of straight women who flirt with bisexuality. It refers to people who have a sexual preference but refuse to be bound by it.Pop culture, itself, seems to celebrate that flexibility in songs like Katie Perry's I Kissed a Girl [and I Liked It], a song that 19-year-old Alisha Garrison said "made girls be more free to do whatever they want,” reports ABC News
"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hin...WM1UK_amp.html
Why should I care about this article from Hindustantimes? Is this just an opinion piece from some random journalist in India or something?
Bladesman87 is offline  
Old Yesterday, 09:31 AM   #18
washoe
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2,405
Re: Transgender issues (formerly "Transgender/Athlete Controversy")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma4703 View Post
Just because you do not mean to discriminate against, or judge people, doesn't mean you aren't.

I do appreciate you giving us an immediate example of why focusing on intent doesn't matter, since people rarely think of themselves as doing hurtful things.
Yes, self projection is great. Sometimes we do hurtful things without even knowing.

To bring this back to the topic.

When I think of trans, I automatically think of John "buttman" stagliano and nacho Vidal. Both are adult stars and both engaged in sex with trans. And they both have aids from these encounters. Again, Im just stating facts. I liked all of them, Freddy mercury especially.
washoe is offline  
Old Yesterday, 09:32 AM   #19
Bladesman87
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 14,407
Re: Transgender issues (formerly "Transgender/Athlete Controversy")

Quote:
Originally Posted by washoe View Post
As we are all fans of numbers and statistics. How many relationships do we know that worked out involving bi-sexuals?? What's the statistics on that? I do not know of 1, not even 1 single one relationship between bi sexuals that worked out, do you?
Given that you think people can turn bi any time I'd guess there are literally hundreds of millions if not billions of bisexual relationships in the world.
Bladesman87 is offline  
Old Yesterday, 09:33 AM   #20
washoe
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2,405
Re: Transgender issues (formerly "Transgender/Athlete Controversy")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesman87 View Post
Why should I care about this article from Hindustantimes? Is this just an opinion piece from some random journalist in India or something?
Read it more carefully, ABC NEWS
washoe is offline  
Old Yesterday, 09:35 AM   #21
washoe
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2,405
Re: Transgender issues (formerly "Transgender/Athlete Controversy")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesman87 View Post
Given that you think people can turn bi any time I'd guess there are literally hundreds of millions if not billions of bisexual relationships in the world.
Did you ever have a relationship with a bi-sexual?
washoe is offline  
Old Yesterday, 09:42 AM   #22
washoe
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2,405
Re: Transgender issues (formerly "Transgender/Athlete Controversy")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesman87 View Post
Why should I care about this article from Hindustantimes? Is this just an opinion piece from some random journalist in India or something?
Why are discriminating indians? Here is a UK article for you mate: (same thing)


"Dawn of the flexisexual: The new word for the women who refuse to play it straight"
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-straight.html
washoe is offline  
Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM   #23
Ranma4703
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: she / her
Posts: 3,006
Re: Transgender issues (formerly "Transgender/Athlete Controversy")

Quote:
Originally Posted by washoe View Post
As we are all fans of numbers and statistics. How many relationships do we know that worked out involving bi-sexuals?? What's the statistics on that? I do not know of 1, not even 1 single one relationship between bi sexuals that worked out, do you?
Yes, I know plenty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by washoe View Post
Yes, self projection is great. Sometimes we do hurtful things without even knowing.

To bring this back to the topic.

When I think of trans, I automatically think of John "buttman" stagliano and nacho Vidal. Both are adult stars and both engaged in sex with trans. And they both have aids from these encounters. Again, Im just stating facts. I liked all of them, Freddy mercury especially.
Here is another great example of transphobia.
Stop using trans as a noun, it's an adjective. Trans people, trans women. What is your purpose in sharing this? You seem to be implying that all trans people have HIV or something?

Freddy Mercury wasn't transgender?

get your **** together washoe, you're acting like an *******
Ranma4703 is offline  
Old Yesterday, 09:50 AM   #24
washoe
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2,405
Re: Transgender issues (formerly "Transgender/Athlete Controversy")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma4703 View Post
Yes, I know plenty.


Here is another great example of transphobia.
Stop using trans as a noun, it's an adjective. Trans people, trans women. What is your purpose in sharing this? You seem to be implying that all trans people have HIV or something?

Freddy Mercury wasn't transgender?

get your **** together washoe, you're acting like an *******
Maybe you can share an example of a successful relationship then. One that we all know of.

I'm just trying to state facts, without being hurtful. I would want people to know that there might be danger. From what I know, these 2 people have aids now. They are the only ones I know that engaged in transex. This possible danger should not be downplayed imo, it could cost lifes. Wouldn't you agree? Edit, the 2 people engaged in sex with Brazilian transwomen.

And by all means, I again have to stress that these 2 people were from the adult industry and my mo is not to discriminate anyone.

Trans people were always among us, and they have a right to be there. It's not by choice etc. They are just humans like you and I. To most I have great sympathy and empathy fwiw.

I just found this study:

"HIV infection and STI in the trans population: A critical review"

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...ritical_review

"Interestingly, one study used a cisgender comparison sample matched for age, race, and socioeconomic status (SES) and found no significant differences in rates of HIV"

Last edited by washoe; Yesterday at 10:16 AM.
washoe is offline  
Old Yesterday, 10:13 AM   #25
Ranma4703
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: she / her
Posts: 3,006
Re: Transgender issues (formerly "Transgender/Athlete Controversy")

Quote:
Originally Posted by washoe View Post
Maybe you can share an example of a successful relationship then. One that we all know of.

I'm just trying to state facts, without being hurtful. I would want people to know that there might be danger. From what I know, these 2 people have aids now. They are the only ones I know that engaged in transex. This possible danger should not be downplayed imo, it could cost lifes. Wouldn't you agree?

And by all means, I again have to stress that these 2 people were from the adult industry and my mo is not to discriminate anyone.

Trans people were always among us, and they have a right to be there. It's not by choice etc. They are just humans like you and I. To most I have great sympathy and empathy fwiw.
Ok, but your impact is that you're saying hurtful biphobic and transphobic stuff.

I'm bisexual and I have had successful relationships. If you don't believe me, that is your problem.

I would not agree that scaremongering about HIV and AIDS is a good thing, no. I have 'engaged in transex' aka, I have had sex with trans people (wtf is transex? you are clearly very ignorant of this stuff) and I do not have HIV.

In my experience sleeping with queer and cis het people, queer people in general tend to be better about knowing whether they have any STIs or STDs and communicating around that, which makes them safer partners. Most queer partners I have been with have been able to communicate the last time they got tested (usually within the last six months) and their results, while a most of the cis het people either didn't know, or would get super defensive if you tried to talk about sexual health before hooking up.

If you're worried about HIV, please get on PrEP.

You do not seem to have empathy, you seem to have a number of preconceived and harmful stereotypes.
Ranma4703 is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive