Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Big Ugly Poker Chat with the team behind the site that pays you play.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2018, 04:50 PM   #1
Big Ugly Greg
The Creative Guy
 
Big Ugly Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 67
September Updates

A quick update covering progress on the site, new features to look forward to, bugs we're working on, and other important things to know.



-g
Big Ugly Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:25 PM   #2
bigphatmike
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 73
Re: September Updates

Still waiting on the store, there is nobody playing on the site anymore because everyone fears not being able to cashout... you guys are messing up buddies.
bigphatmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:10 AM   #3
preki
adept
 
preki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 721
Re: September Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigphatmike View Post
Still waiting on the store, there is nobody playing on the site anymore because everyone fears not being able to cashout... you guys are messing up buddies.
pretty much sums it up, sorry
preki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:35 AM   #4
Mike Haven
Moderotor of Moderots
 
Mike Haven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Self-flagellating re poor modding
Posts: 13,239
Re: September Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigphatmike View Post
Still waiting on the store, there is nobody playing on the site anymore because everyone fears not being able to cashout... you guys are messing up buddies.
Whilst that may be true for a good number of players, I also think the leap-frog idea, although it is unique and clever on paper, unfortunately, in practice, it's not a contest that can work well over a month's duration.

The leaderboard shows that there are already 20 players waiting in the wings to try to jump into the money positions as late in the month as they think is their best strategy, the top 4 or so hardly having to play another hand to do so. This, in combination with the current fear of no Store rewards for the time spent, is bound to make others think there are better places to play at this time, imo.

There will probably be a flurry of play between the top 20 or 30 in the last couple of days of September, using the intended strategy of late cashouts to leap-frog to the top of the Contest board, but very little before then.

It might be time to admit the apparently good idea didn't work and pull the plug on that particular contest before all site-growth momentum is lost for good? Say, maybe give three days' notice that it will end early, (and prizes paid as stated), and another similar one will be started for the last two weeks of September?

Something proactive like that will perhaps bring the players back to play in a new contest, rather than letting them drift off over the remainder of September to find somewhere else to play and not come back again at all; and, probably, without upsetting anyone.
Mike Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:50 AM   #5
Tommy2+2
journeyman
 
Tommy2+2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Up a tree
Posts: 327
Re: September Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Haven View Post
The leaderboard shows that there are already 20 players waiting in the wings to try to jump into the money positions as late in the month as they think is their best strategy
The situation is even worse than you portray it. At most there are currently 3 players who could "leapfrog".

September Leapfrog Leaderboard ("Coins"):

1. Chad 2201
2. threebanger 2100
3. TWOPLUSTOW 1540
4. Joshua Herrick 1296

"Chip" leaderboard:

1. whisky 18.3K
2. Joshua Herrick 15K
3. Oldman 11.9K
4. Chad 9.41K
5. Joshua Herrick 6.17K

Conversion Table for "Chips" to "Coins":
1K 250 +25
5K 1,250 +181

Therefore, 10K chips = 2681 coins (If I am reading the table correctly.)

I also do not think whisky or Oldman restarted at the beginning of September, but I do not have definite information on that. If they did not restart then those chips aren't eligible for the leapfrog contest.

Only Chad or Joshua Herrick can win the September contest, and I see no one else even coming close to 10K "chips".
Tommy2+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:57 AM   #6
Mike Haven
Moderotor of Moderots
 
Mike Haven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Self-flagellating re poor modding
Posts: 13,239
Re: September Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy2+2 View Post
The situation is even worse than you portray it. At most there are currently 3 players who could "leapfrog".

September Leapfrog Leaderboard ("Coins"):

1. Chad 2201
2. threebanger 2100
3. TWOPLUSTOW 1540
4. Joshua Herrick 1296

"Chip" leaderboard:

1. whisky 18.3K
2. Joshua Herrick 15K
3. Oldman 11.9K
4. Chad 9.41K
5. Joshua Herrick 6.17K

Conversion Table for "Chips" to "Coins":
1K 250 +25
5K 1,250 +181

Therefore, 10K chips = 2681 coins (If I am reading the table correctly.)

I also do not think whisky or Oldman restarted at the beginning of September, but I do not have definite information on that. If they did not restart then those chips aren't eligible for the leapfrog contest.

Only Chad or Joshua Herrick can win the September contest, and I see no one else even coming close to 10K "chips".
Ah, yes. Sorry; I forgot about the conversion. It's pleasing that you pointed this out. Thank you.

If those two didn't restart, obviously they shouldn't even be on the Leaderboard. Which would be another problem altogether. Only those in the Sept Promo are supposed to be on it. If they're on it, erroneously, others probably are, too. In different circumstances, that would be very misleading to chasers, albeit accidently.
Mike Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:59 AM   #7
bigphatmike
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 73
the only way they can fix this mistake is by opening the store, i have told them countless times that holding the store back is hurtin the site very much. They dont seem intrested in cashing out there players in a timely manner, especially the DEDICATED players that have put countless hours in the site. How hard is it to cashout 10-20 people and send thm 20-100$ paypal?

*

Sorry if that post sounded like a rant, but i feel like this is so simple. SO many people have watched hundreds of ads for ya guys, and you cant send cashouts to around 20 people.

Last edited by Mike Haven; 09-13-2018 at 09:06 AM. Reason: 2 posts merged
bigphatmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:29 AM   #8
Mike Haven
Moderotor of Moderots
 
Mike Haven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Self-flagellating re poor modding
Posts: 13,239
Re: September Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigphatmike View Post
the only way they can fix this mistake is by opening the store, i have told them countless times that holding the store back is hurtin the site very much. They dont seem intrested in cashing out there players in a timely manner, especially the DEDICATED players that have put countless hours in the site. How hard is it to cashout 10-20 people and send thm 20-100$ paypal?

*

Sorry if that post sounded like a rant, but i feel like this is so simple. SO many people have watched hundreds of ads for ya guys, and you cant send cashouts to around 20 people.
We all knew from the FAQ that the original intention was that the Store would open when beta ended, and in https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/s...9&postcount=57 Dean told us he hoped that would be by the end of August.

We would all like to see the Store opened asap, but we're only two weeks behind schedule, so far, so I don't think it's as big a deal as you're making it out to be. If September passes and beta continues, then there are probably some bigger issues involved, perhaps with the deals presumably being negotiated with Paypal and Amazon, or even with their ad suppliers? At that point, if it happens, everyone will know that the site is almost definitely destined for early failure. The good news, (for us - not for the investors), is that we have only wasted some of our time, not our money.
Mike Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:08 PM   #9
orthoStice
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 17
Re: September Updates

" I see no one else even coming close to 10K "chips "

I just started yesterday...give me the weekend



Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy2+2 View Post
The situation is even worse than you portray it. At most there are currently 3 players who could "leapfrog".

September Leapfrog Leaderboard ("Coins"):

1. Chad 2201
2. threebanger 2100
3. TWOPLUSTOW 1540
4. Joshua Herrick 1296

"Chip" leaderboard:

1. whisky 18.3K
2. Joshua Herrick 15K
3. Oldman 11.9K
4. Chad 9.41K
5. Joshua Herrick 6.17K

Conversion Table for "Chips" to "Coins":
1K 250 +25
5K 1,250 +181

Therefore, 10K chips = 2681 coins (If I am reading the table correctly.)

I also do not think whisky or Oldman restarted at the beginning of September, but I do not have definite information on that. If they did not restart then those chips aren't eligible for the leapfrog contest.

Only Chad or Joshua Herrick can win the September contest, and I see no one else even coming close to 10K "chips".
orthoStice is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online