Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Internet Poker Discussions of Internet poker venues, including RB & bonuses.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2018, 04:25 PM   #5726
MoneyAndWomen
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Times Square
Posts: 52
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

I withdrew a couple of months ago and haven't been playing lately although I started to again the other night. I see they have a daily cash race here now. Definitely intriguing.
MoneyAndWomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 05:24 PM   #5727
erroneous
adept
 
erroneous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,067
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyAndWomen View Post
I withdrew a couple of months ago and haven't been playing lately although I started to again the other night. I see they have a daily cash race here now. Definitely intriguing.
For bots.
erroneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:09 PM   #5728
MoneyAndWomen
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Times Square
Posts: 52
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by erroneous View Post
For bots.
It's all relative. It was the same when it was a weekly. Bots will bot.
MoneyAndWomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:03 PM   #5729
10887
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 59
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

fwiw i play from 1-2 to 10-20, havent seen many bots and they all terrible , plus im not 100% sure they were bots.

Most people stuck to small stakes arent stuck because of bots but because they're bad and dont work on their game . I'd focus on that instead of screaming bots every 2 posts, plus that scares recreative people because they have no clue what a bot is and what it does.


my2c
10887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:24 AM   #5730
MCAChiTown
veteran
 
MCAChiTown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Location: They All Float Down Here
Posts: 2,121
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

I've played every stake from 2nl to 200nl on this network. Some of the toughest opponents and biggest winners at each stake from 10nl up were bots.

There are certainly 200nl bots that have been and are currently winners in the games. I wouldn't be able to tell you anything about bots playing any higher stakes and how good they might be.

Some people aren't "stuck" at lower stakes, but are working their way up. Games filled with bots makes moving up infinitely tougher. Games are not nearly as tough now at 50nl as they were when there were 3 bots at every table.

Of course I work on my game. I wouldn't have beaten every stake I've played if I wasn't.

I'm not screaming about bots. I'm informing fellow players what is actually going on in the games. If the fact that bots actually exist in the games scares away new players then perhaps the sites should do their best to deter the bots. Being silent allows sites to turn a blind eye to the issue and allows the bots to keep cheating people out of money.

With all that said I can say that I've seen a huge change recently. Most tables don't even have a bot on them. This was not true 6 months ago when nearly every table up to 100nl did. They are now doing a better job at removing bots and games are getting better.
MCAChiTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:54 AM   #5731
gopackthomas
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Joking
Posts: 172
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Pretty cool to see that a U.S. site is actually trying to right by players
gopackthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:33 AM   #5732
Numbnutlow
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 184
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAChiTown View Post
I'm not going to help participate in that. I believe botting is cheating. I'm not really down with cheating players out of money for the sake of an experiment. I also don't think it would last very long with you giving us updates in here. They do read the forums even if they don't actively participate anymore. If you take it upon yourself to do it anyway then feel free to give us updates. I think you can find better things to do with your limited time though.
Well I have asked them to ban my account and they wont do it. So I figured i could bot away. I really dont have the time but ive made harder things work.....
Numbnutlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:46 AM   #5733
p0ker_n00b
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,158
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10887 View Post
fwiw i play from 1-2 to 10-20, havent seen many bots and they all terrible , plus im not 100% sure they were bots.

Most people stuck to small stakes arent stuck because of bots but because they're bad and dont work on their game . I'd focus on that instead of screaming bots every 2 posts, plus that scares recreative people because they have no clue what a bot is and what it does.


my2c
The fact that you make the claim you play from 1-2 to 10-20 proves you are a high stakes reg fish because no winning pro or solid reg would make such a ridiculous claim to play 10x range of limits. That's an idiot who brags about lies and more evidence by suggesting the bots are all terrible.

If you did data analysis you would realize the bots were the biggest winners at all the stakes in the sample sizes by a large margin. They win vs Regs and Fish and outperform even the best regs on the site.

So please go back to your 10-20 LOL and keep losing money to the bots and pro's.

The fact is the bots are very solid in 2018 and you need to have a professional poker education and world class poker training to exploit them. 99% of the player pool would have no clue where to start and/or do not even know how to set up a HUD that would allow them to do so.
p0ker_n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:57 AM   #5734
MCAChiTown
veteran
 
MCAChiTown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Location: They All Float Down Here
Posts: 2,121
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Noob, even when I first told you about who the bot accounts were at 25nl and 50nl you told me you had at least half of them marked as weak regs. You didn't believe me at first. We shouldn't expect that everyone else does. It's not easy for most players to tell the difference between a bot and another reg these days.

It should be stated that not all bots are created equal. I've come across several bots that were breaking even or slightly losing over large samples. Winrates can be very different from one bot to another. It really comes down to who is maintaining it and how good the strategies programmed in it actually are.

Some of the bots I've come across are absolute crushers with very good strategy. From what I've seen most of them aren't better than the best real regs even at 200nl and below in terms of bb/100. The big advantage they all have over everyone is their volume, not tilting and not losing focus.

As a knowledgable poker player you can definitely exploit some of them to a certain degree. Most of them still crush recreational players and weaker regs.

If I was a HU specialist I might even see what I could do because there's often long periods of time you can get them HU. I don't believe the rake paid would be worth it for most to try.
MCAChiTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:04 PM   #5735
p0ker_n00b
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,158
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Well to be fair the other poster said "They are all terrible" where as I said half of them I have marked as "weak regs"

I didn't say they were terrible and my definition of "weak reg" includes winrates of a range between -2 and 2bb

But you finally got me to believe you where as the bots I had marked as strong regs well they are very hard to exploit

It's just that poster specifically is full of **** because it's not the way a good reg would talk
p0ker_n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 09:38 PM   #5736
MCAChiTown
veteran
 
MCAChiTown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Location: They All Float Down Here
Posts: 2,121
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

I just wanted to clarify a bit. I wasn't trying to make you look bad or anything. I also wanted to show how easy it is for them to go undetected, even by solid regs.
MCAChiTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:25 PM   #5737
10887
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 59
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAChiTown View Post
I've played every stake from 2nl to 200nl on this network. Some of the toughest opponents and biggest winners at each stake from 10nl up were bots.

There are certainly 200nl bots that have been and are currently winners in the games. I wouldn't be able to tell you anything about bots playing any higher stakes and how good they might be.

Some people aren't "stuck" at lower stakes, but are working their way up. Games filled with bots makes moving up infinitely tougher. Games are not nearly as tough now at 50nl as they were when there were 3 bots at every table.

Of course I work on my game. I wouldn't have beaten every stake I've played if I wasn't.

I'm not screaming about bots. I'm informing fellow players what is actually going on in the games. If the fact that bots actually exist in the games scares away new players then perhaps the sites should do their best to deter the bots. Being silent allows sites to turn a blind eye to the issue and allows the bots to keep cheating people out of money.

With all that said I can say that I've seen a huge change recently. Most tables don't even have a bot on them. This was not true 6 months ago when nearly every table up to 100nl did. They are now doing a better job at removing bots and games are getting better.
Dont worry bud i wasnt targeting you, you definetely have an informative approach and know what you're talking about . Tho this is not the case for everyone
10887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:02 PM   #5738
MCAChiTown
veteran
 
MCAChiTown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Location: They All Float Down Here
Posts: 2,121
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

It's all good bro. I understand your concerns about the recreational players. I've spoke with some and some believe that poker bots would win every hand. Others don't believe they exist or that the sites would stop them. There's those that believe the sites run their own. Some regs even believe some of those things. I stopped mentioning the subject at the tables with recreational players a while back for the same concerns you have.

You, yourself, even mentioned a possible bot in this very thread before I even knew about the account. After you mentioned them I started watching them closer and can confirm that you were, in fact, correct.
MCAChiTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:51 PM   #5739
p0ker_n00b
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,158
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAChiTown View Post
I just wanted to clarify a bit. I wasn't trying to make you look bad or anything. I also wanted to show how easy it is for them to go undetected, even by solid regs.
Well this is true they are definitely hard to detect unless you pay attention but even then based off their stats analysis it's still very hard to prove it but I did find some anomalies with most of them that no actual good reg would have in their stats.
p0ker_n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:11 AM   #5740
jay94
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,258
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

In terms of player pool is this comparable to Bovada? I have yet to play on this skin for some reason and don't know why. I know someone has mentioned bots a lot and I fully believe they have killed Merge's cash game traffic.
jay94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:08 AM   #5741
MCAChiTown
veteran
 
MCAChiTown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Location: They All Float Down Here
Posts: 2,121
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Traffic wise I don't know if it's even half the size of Bovada/Ignition. There's not the same amount of recreational players here, but there's still a good amount.

Bots are being dealt with and removed more often lately. Games are pretty good even with the few that remain.

If you have liked playing at Merge then I would think this network would be a good fit for you. It has good software compared to the other options, a significant increase in traffic over Merge, and is a network that appears to be trending in the right direction recently.
MCAChiTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:40 PM   #5742
preki
old hand
 
preki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,442
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

I only have like 3,100 player points on this site. They used to have smaller buy in tourneys with points but now the smallest they offer is a $4.40 one. I wonder why they got rid of the $2 ones.
preki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:44 PM   #5743
MoneyAndWomen
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Times Square
Posts: 52
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by preki View Post
I only have like 3,100 player points on this site. They used to have smaller buy in tourneys with points but now the smallest they offer is a $4.40 one. I wonder why they got rid of the $2 ones.
Probably for the same reason(s) they got rid of all the cash games below 10NL.
MoneyAndWomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 04:03 AM   #5744
p0ker_n00b
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,158
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

yo guys when did this daily rake race start? It's pretty nice I got $25 for 2nd place in 25NL and I had no idea the race was going. I should be able to get 1, 2, or 3 any day I play and this is DAILY. I mean it's pretty amazing. I hope they keep this.
p0ker_n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:24 AM   #5745
MoneyAndWomen
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Times Square
Posts: 52
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0ker_n00b View Post
yo guys when did this daily rake race start? It's pretty nice I got $25 for 2nd place in 25NL and I had no idea the race was going. I should be able to get 1, 2, or 3 any day I play and this is DAILY. I mean it's pretty amazing. I hope they keep this.
They just changed it a handful of days ago. Right away, someone said that it would only be beneficial for the bots but it looks like you've immediately proved them wrong.
MoneyAndWomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:58 AM   #5746
MCAChiTown
veteran
 
MCAChiTown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Location: They All Float Down Here
Posts: 2,121
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

I think it changed to a daily contest around early June.

BBJ tables don't count so NLHE players at 100nl+ are at a disadvantage.

It is the PLO regs that have stated the bots are on top of some of the leaderboards. I hadn't noticed any NLHE bots placing, but I also don't pay attention to the leaderboards on a regular basis.
MCAChiTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:49 AM   #5747
MoneyAndWomen
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Times Square
Posts: 52
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAChiTown View Post
I think it changed to a daily contest around early June.

BBJ tables don't count so NLHE players at 100nl+ are at a disadvantage.

It is the PLO regs that have stated the bots are on top of some of the leaderboards. I hadn't noticed any NLHE bots placing, but I also don't pay attention to the leaderboards on a regular basis.
Sorry, I didn't realize they changed it that long ago. I just noticed it recently.

I like it this way but of course the site needs to monitor botting more closely at the top of those boards. I think that there are reports of botting diminishing slightly overall on this network + the change to a daily board is a good sign, though. This should be a profitable place to play all throughout the fall and winter.
MoneyAndWomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:58 AM   #5748
Carl Trooper
old hand
 
Carl Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,991
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Decided to make a deposit on this god forsaken crap site ... and logged in mobile.

I am getting an error saying I am rate limited the server has banned me. Just a typical page. I googled it and people have said it happens to them on like bitcoin sites and what not

Anyone else ever get this issue?
Carl Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 03:42 PM   #5749
Fossilkid93
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Fossilkid93's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 8,481
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAChiTown View Post
It is the PLO regs that have stated the bots are on top of some of the leaderboards. I hadn't noticed any NLHE bots placing, but I also don't pay attention to the leaderboards on a regular basis.
The main leaderboards I check are the $.50/$1 and $1/2 and I'd say almost always there is at least 1 bot that places top 3 in both of them, occasionally there are 2 bots, and I think there was a short stretch where bots would occasionally sweep a leaderboard, but it is rare.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Trooper View Post
Decided to make a deposit on this god forsaken crap site ... and logged in mobile.

I am getting an error saying I am rate limited the server has banned me. Just a typical page. I googled it and people have said it happens to them on like bitcoin sites and what not
Yes, it happened to me for about 4 days where I couldn't log into the website. At that time I was only concerned with placing a few bets, so I was able to get around it by logging into my phone, but it was a hassle. Eventually it stopped and I could log in normally. No idea what caused it and I never emailed support about it.
Fossilkid93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 04:08 PM   #5750
PokerAnnie32
journeyman
 
PokerAnnie32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: FL, USA. I Want To Believe!
Posts: 352
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by preki View Post
I only have like 3,100 player points on this site. They used to have smaller buy in tourneys with points but now the smallest they offer is a $4.40 one. I wonder why they got rid of the $2 ones.
On BOL, I play all the time in tournaments with buy-ins of $1.10 and $2.20, where points can be used to register. I think you can use points for all the $1.10 buys-ins, but only some of the $2.20 ones. There are also a couple of $1.65 buy-ins where points can be used. The $1.10 tourneys cost 1,925 points.
PokerAnnie32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online