Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Internet Poker Discussions of Internet poker venues, including RB & bonuses.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2018, 07:55 PM   #5701
MCAChiTown
old hand
 
MCAChiTown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Location: They All Float Down Here
Posts: 1,906
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by devmandarkk View Post
how come the zoom tables have zero players? down for maintenance?
Boost(fast fold) hasn't been available outside of 10nl for a little while now. Is 10nl not even running any more? I just regged it, so it is available. I'm the only one though. I guess there could be issues.

Edit: People sat after I did. Not sure how often it's running these days though.

Last edited by MCAChiTown; 08-06-2018 at 08:06 PM.
MCAChiTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:11 PM   #5702
devmandarkk
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 103
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAChiTown View Post
Boost(fast fold) hasn't been available outside of 10nl for a little while now. Is 10nl not even running any more? I just regged it, so it is available. I'm the only one though. I guess there could be issues.

Edit: People sat after I did. Not sure how often it's running these days though.
Pretty sure we played together
devmandarkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:41 PM   #5703
Fossilkid93
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Fossilkid93's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7,799
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAChiTown View Post
I can't speak to the PLO bots or any other game type besides those playing 25-200nl. Based on your comment I assume they haven't done as good of a job with PLO as they did with NLHE at my stakes. They certainly got rid of the majority of the bot accounts I've emailed them.
Today the PLO bots were about as active as they've been in a little while. I'm happy to hear there have been positive results cleaning up NLHE. I hadn't been emailing them much, but seeing as how it's possible they're being proactive, I will start doing it more often.
Fossilkid93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:56 PM   #5704
devmandarkk
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 103
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

how do you identify a bot? with enough confidence to report them?

and how do BOL actually confirm that they are bots and get rid of them?
devmandarkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:27 AM   #5705
10887
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 20
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAChiTown View Post
The games are definitely better. Playing 50nl with 3 bots at every table was ridiculous. There are still a handful of bots, but it's easy to tell the difference from when the games were overrun with them.



I can't speak to the PLO bots or any other game type besides those playing 25-200nl. Based on your comment I assume they haven't done as good of a job with PLO as they did with NLHE at my stakes. They certainly got rid of the majority of the bot accounts I've emailed them.

I've known over 100 bots during my time on the network. I knew of 50 active bot accounts at one point. I now know of only 14 that are active. I plan on emailing them this list soon.

Do you regularly email them a list of the PLO bots you're certain of?



I can definitely understand your concern. If you haven't broke any rules then I imagine it's likely just a routine check for accounts frequently cashing out. Please let us know what they say when you hear from them.

Told me standard security check and try to cash out again in 72h. I'll let you guys know how that works
10887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:13 AM   #5706
MCAChiTown
old hand
 
MCAChiTown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Location: They All Float Down Here
Posts: 1,906
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by devmandarkk View Post
Pretty sure we played together
It's possible, but I only played about 3 hands. Did it keep going after I left? I don't play much fast fold poker or 10nl these days. Because I only filter for the games I play I haven't even noticed how often 10nl Boost is running lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossilkid93 View Post
Today the PLO bots were about as active as they've been in a little while. I'm happy to hear there have been positive results cleaning up NLHE. I hadn't been emailing them much, but seeing as how it's possible they're being proactive, I will start doing it more often.
It couldn't hurt. I can tell you that I don't feel like it's been a waste of my time. I already track them for strategic purposes. It doesn't take but a moment for me to copy and paste the list to an email letting them know that I believe the accounts listed are using AI. There's been times where I felt like it fell on deaf ears, but over the last few months I've seen a big difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devmandarkk View Post
how do you identify a bot? with enough confidence to report them?

and how do BOL actually confirm that they are bots and get rid of them?
I've been playing with them and tracking their stats and tendencies for about two years on this network. It's easy for me to recognize them after a little bit of time playing with them. I won't go into too much detail publicly. I think it's better not to tip off any bot users that may read the forum. I don't mind sharing more info via pm.

What the network does is anyones guess. They have the ability to Captcha during play. It's happened to me once, but I haven't heard many others say they've seen it.

All I know is that most of the names I've emailed them have mysteriously vanished. A handful seem to have fallen through the cracks of whatever their methods are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10887 View Post
Told me standard security check and try to cash out again in 72h. I'll let you guys know how that works
Sounds good bro.
MCAChiTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 01:41 PM   #5707
SUPREMELEADER
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 19
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Hey fossilkid, I was curious if you could send me a list of the bots. I PM'd you. Please and thank you.
SUPREMELEADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:32 PM   #5708
David3
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 178
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

It feels like BOL could do so much better if they advertised properly.

They've changed the rake on sit and gos making them more playable... Leaderboards for cash and sng's.

And probably the biggest thing for fun players they have fast fold, spin and gos and they're the only (?) USA site offering PSKO tournaments
David3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:12 PM   #5709
kahntrutahn
Minbet Millionaire
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Slowly improving my website.
Posts: 7,958
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by David3 View Post
It feels like BOL could do so much better if they advertised properly.

They've changed the rake on sit and gos making them more playable... Leaderboards for cash and sng's.

And probably the biggest thing for fun players they have fast fold, spin and gos and they're the only (?) USA site offering PSKO tournaments
Their affiliate program is not particularly good. It's not awful, there certainly are worse, but it's not the best either. Affiliates drive a lot of traffic to sites like this. The better sites treat their marketers, the bigger they become.

Sites could spend that budget on their own marketing efforts, and some do. But ultimately, having hundreds of affiliates ranking for terms and sending you traffic is more efficient and more effective than trying to do it all in house.

Also, poker is an issue for sites these days because of the way money moves out so much more frequently than say sports or casino players. Thus, most of the marketing money is concentrated in sports and casino recruitment, not poker.

--
Kahn
kahntrutahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 05:30 PM   #5710
10887
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 20
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahntrutahn View Post
Their affiliate program is not particularly good. It's not awful, there certainly are worse, but it's not the best either. Affiliates drive a lot of traffic to sites like this. The better sites treat their marketers, the bigger they become.

Sites could spend that budget on their own marketing efforts, and some do. But ultimately, having hundreds of affiliates ranking for terms and sending you traffic is more efficient and more effective than trying to do it all in house.

Also, poker is an issue for sites these days because of the way money moves out so much more frequently than say sports or casino players. Thus, most of the marketing money is concentrated in sports and casino recruitment, not poker.

--
Kahn

I guess ur an affiliate to talk this way, couldnt be further from truth. You think affiliates bringing only regulars to poker site is good?

You need a balanced ecosystems to have table running. Marketing with casino/sportsbets/tv promotions is way better because that brings recreative players . Regulars are gonna follow soft tables anyway, who needs affiliates. And that's exactly why rakebacks deals are vanishing.

Dont get me wrong, I like when i get a good deal with affiliate . But I think the last thing a poker site need to blossom is a ton of them.
10887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 05:41 PM   #5711
Fossilkid93
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Fossilkid93's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7,799
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

ChiTown, is there a particular email you used when reporting bot activity to them? I'm gonna send a pretty strongly worded email about the PLO bots that hopefully will carry some weight b/c I've been with the site for several years and also place a lot of big bets in their sportsbook.
Fossilkid93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:45 PM   #5712
David3
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 178
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

I don't really keep up with Twitch too much, but if ACR can get people to sell there soul to be a supporter of that trash ****e and be an ACR stormer just for some tournament tickets then I'd like to see betonline try something like that as well
David3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:06 PM   #5713
erroneous
adept
 
erroneous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,061
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossilkid93 View Post
ChiTown, is there a particular email you used when reporting bot activity to them? I'm gonna send a pretty strongly worded email about the PLO bots that hopefully will carry some weight b/c I've been with the site for several years and also place a lot of big bets in their sportsbook.

Good luck. I just used the poker@betonline.ag address back in the day. I remember sending them decent stats/analysis (nothing extraordinary) of the bots vs top human regs. As I'm sure you know, the bots stick out after about 1k hands. Don't remember getting more than a generic response and no bots removed.
erroneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:21 PM   #5714
MCAChiTown
old hand
 
MCAChiTown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Location: They All Float Down Here
Posts: 1,906
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

I use the email erroneous just posted.

They've never responded other than a "Thank you" or "We"ll look into it." They've never sent me an update. When I've asked for an update they say "We can't give you information about an investigation for security reasons."

Like I said I've felt like many previous emails fell on deaf ears. I kept sending them anyway. Recent emails have seen more of the bots listed disappear.

Last edited by MCAChiTown; 08-08-2018 at 10:44 PM.
MCAChiTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:42 PM   #5715
Fossilkid93
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Fossilkid93's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7,799
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Yah, I'm not overly optimistic, but it can't hurt to try. I'll update if anything happens.

Thanks for the replies.
Fossilkid93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 02:53 AM   #5716
laeblas
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 166
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

can i chip down my rollover requirement with poker or casino games? or does it have to be wagered through the sports book?
laeblas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 03:17 AM   #5717
devmandarkk
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 103
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by laeblas View Post
can i chip down my rollover requirement with poker or casino games? or does it have to be wagered through the sports book?
question:

I have been playing 10nl zone on here and my hud catches the hands but doesnt display on the fast fold tables.

Is this an issue with the hud or bol has made it not possible? It shows up on the regular tables though and when Im reviewing my hands I can see how many hands I have played vs the other opponents etc.
devmandarkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:38 AM   #5718
MCAChiTown
old hand
 
MCAChiTown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Location: They All Float Down Here
Posts: 1,906
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by laeblas View Post
can i chip down my rollover requirement with poker or casino games? or does it have to be wagered through the sports book?
What is the rollover requirement for? Is it for a First Deposit Bonus, a Reload Bonus, Freeplay, or just a regular deposit? I would imagine it says somewhere, either on the site or in the poker client, how much you need to do to clear it in the Freeplay or Active Bonus sections.

I'm not sure what site you play on, but I assume the bonus rules are likely similar for each. Scroll down to the Bonus, Free Play and Payout Rules sections.

https://www.betonline.ag/rules#bonus-rules


Quote:
Originally Posted by devmandarkk View Post
question:

I have been playing 10nl zone on here and my hud catches the hands but doesnt display on the fast fold tables.

Is this an issue with the hud or bol has made it not possible? It shows up on the regular tables though and when Im reviewing my hands I can see how many hands I have played vs the other opponents etc.
I'm not sure that there are any HUDs capable of real time display for the Boost tables. Tracking for off table review is all I believe is possible.
MCAChiTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:01 AM   #5719
laeblas
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 166
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

I guess it was for a $100 freeplay with 14x rollover. I never used the freeplay amount but it says $2800 rollover requirement.
laeblas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 03:13 PM   #5720
MCAChiTown
old hand
 
MCAChiTown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Location: They All Float Down Here
Posts: 1,906
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

If you haven't used it then ask Customer Support if you can forfeit it.
MCAChiTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 03:38 PM   #5721
laeblas
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 166
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAChiTown View Post
If you haven't used it then ask Customer Support if you can forfeit it.
got it taken care of! thanks for replys
laeblas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:53 PM   #5722
PokerAnnie32
journeyman
 
PokerAnnie32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: FL, USA. I Want To Believe!
Posts: 341
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAChiTown View Post
(in part)
I'm not sure that there are any HUDs capable of real time display for the Boost tables. Tracking for off table review is all I believe is possible.

The free HUD that BOL provides was recently upgraded to show real time stats for Boost.
PokerAnnie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:35 PM   #5723
MCAChiTown
old hand
 
MCAChiTown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Location: They All Float Down Here
Posts: 1,906
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

That's interesting. I was not aware it would be possible. I thought it would be too quick to attach to each individual opponent. Thanks for letting us know Annie!
MCAChiTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:26 AM   #5724
Numbnutlow
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 133
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAChiTown View Post
I use the email erroneous just posted.

They've never responded other than a "Thank you" or "We"ll look into it." They've never sent me an update. When I've asked for an update they say "We can't give you information about an investigation for security reasons."

Like I said I've felt like many previous emails fell on deaf ears. I kept sending them anyway. Recent emails have seen more of the bots listed disappear.
Hey do you know where i can purchase a good bot for omaha? Lets see how long they will let me play. I can run it and we can see what happens. I would report back here with the going ons of the day. Hope it is not to difficult to set up I have limited time but this would be fun for me. Let me know......
Numbnutlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:12 PM   #5725
MCAChiTown
old hand
 
MCAChiTown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Location: They All Float Down Here
Posts: 1,906
Re: Unofficial Chico Network (BetOnline, Tiger, etc.) Discussion Thread

I'm not going to help participate in that. I believe botting is cheating. I'm not really down with cheating players out of money for the sake of an experiment. I also don't think it would last very long with you giving us updates in here. They do read the forums even if they don't actively participate anymore. If you take it upon yourself to do it anyway then feel free to give us updates. I think you can find better things to do with your limited time though.
MCAChiTown is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online