Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Internet Poker Discussions of Internet poker venues, including RB & bonuses.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #251
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 47,001
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

I'm not too happy with you using the number 345453734.5 in the open forums like that.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #252
XaQ Morphy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,022
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
I'm not too happy with you using the number 345453734.5 in the open forums like that.
Sorry, fixed!

Morphy
XaQ Morphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #253
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 47,001
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Much better, thanks.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #254
Gemaco
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,642
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaQ Morphy View Post
Found it:

http://www.pokernewsdaily.com/bovada-poker-review/

There's so little content here. They couldn't make it any more obvious that it's basically just a paid advertisement.

Morphy
It is pretty hilarious. If you notice, most of the sections don't even explain how they got the number.

Security: 8.0 of 10 – Very Good

Bovada Poker benefits from being run by people with plenty of experience in operating poker rooms. They recognise that security is a concern for poker players, who may worry about their funds being safe and their personal details being protected. You can rest assured that Bovada Poker employ strict safeguards and advanced technology to ensure that players do not need to worry about security here.


-- What exactly are these "strict safeguards" and "advanced technology".
It so funny that anyone would ever read that and be satisfied.

Player 1: I think I am being cheated
Player 2: No, the have strict safeguards
Player 4: And advanced technology!
Player 1: OK, im convinced.

OR EVEN BETTER
Company Ethics: 7.0 of 10 – Good

Bovada might be a new brand but they are operated by an experienced group with a decent track record. Depositing and withdrawing to a poker site from the US can be challenging, but Bovada at least try to make it as painless as possible.

Have you ever seen a poker site being reviewed that included ETHICS? I mean, how the hell do you judge this unless you have known the owners their whole lives. Seems so random and open to interpretation that including it makes their review even more suspect. Why include a BS category like this unless you were shilling.

Then again, the 3 Bodog ad's on the same page as their review should have tipped me off that this is not a real review.
Gemaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #255
39suited
But it was suited
 
39suited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Teh Internetz (non US)
Posts: 8,189
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemaco View Post
Then again, the 3 Bodog ad's on the same page as their review should have tipped me off that this is not a real review.
It generally makes sense to include banners of the poker site on the respective review page.
39suited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #256
Gemaco
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,642
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

You don't see a conflict of interest in a NEWS SITE reviewing a poker room and at the same time being an affiliate for the site with banners up?

In my opinion you need to choose between NEWS and EVERYTHING ELSE. You can't objectively report the news if your receiving money from the same sites.

It would be different if this was a like a poker-room review site, but it isn't.

In my opinion it should be made clear that they are an affiliate for the site when they do the review, if not it is misleading.
Gemaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #257
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 47,001
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

That's why everything you read on the Internet, read in the newspaper, hear on the radio, and see on the TV, needs to be viewed with some critical thinking, being mindful of the fact that business interests will sometimes skew what you are being told. And of course of all of those sources, the Internet needs to be viewed with more skepticism than the rest - it's much easier to whip up a website than a TV station or newspaper.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #258
Gemaco
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,642
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
That's why everything you read on the Internet, read in the newspaper, hear on the radio, and see on the TV, needs to be viewed with some critical thinking, being mindful of the fact that business interests will sometimes skew what you are being told. And of course of all of those sources, the Internet needs to be viewed with more skepticism than the rest - it's much easier to whip up a website than a TV station or newspaper.
I completely agree. Sometimes the idealistic libertarian comes out in me who wishes everyone's motives were pure. Then I need to snap back to reality and realize what planet I'm on.
Gemaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #259
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 47,001
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Heh, yes, that would be nice.

While it's not perfect here, I think a forum like 2+2 comes as close as you'll get, as we have a diverse range of opinions that are allowed to be expressed pretty freely.

But of course you have to keep in mind that I'm biased.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:04 AM   #260
_h2
centurion
 
_h2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 102
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

I've noticed several posts in this thread saying the big two HUDs do not work on Bovada. While there appears to be alternative HUDs available, a heads-up display is not the feature of tracking software I am most interested in.

Does hand-grabbing to track ones personal play and results still work? I am more interested in studying and learning from my own play than in seeing some floating numbers above any given villains name.

I would answer for myself but I am currently having some issues installing the software. Does the live update go out over some weird port or something?
_h2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:11 AM   #261
Calm And Collected
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 758
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

In order to deposit via WU can they give me the info I need in an email or will I have to call them to get the info I need?
Calm And Collected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:53 AM   #262
jmurjeff
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 3,201
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calm And Collected View Post
In order to deposit via WU can they give me the info I need in an email or will I have to call them to get the info I need?
I think you have to call them. I had to use money gram when I deposited.
jmurjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:46 AM   #263
Parkspossie
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 116
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

how can u tell if youre playing a bot in a cash game? the play is ridiculous. getting called AI on the turn by ace high with no draws and having them hit A's on the river.

im not QQing about variance/bad beats. ive been withdrawing roughly 1k/wk from bodog for a few months now. i know bodog is soft but im just wondering if im really playing against humans.
Parkspossie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #264
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 47,001
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

How do you think a bot would know any better than a regular player what's coming on the river?

You're talking about a superuser, and unfortunately, there really isn't much way to tell for sure. Not that one can guarantee finding a superuser even with proper tracking, but with anonymous tables, you have to entrust in Bovada/Bodog. I doubt that you're up against one, but you'll have to decide that for yourself.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #265
DaDane
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Malta
Posts: 17
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkspossie View Post
how can u tell if youre playing a bot in a cash game? the play is ridiculous. getting called AI on the turn by ace high with no draws and having them hit A's on the river.

im not QQing about variance/bad beats. ive been withdrawing roughly 1k/wk from bodog for a few months now. i know bodog is soft but im just wondering if im really playing against humans.
Yeah cause bots knows what card hits the river.

its rigged
DaDane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #266
Calm And Collected
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 758
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

I just got WU deposit info from bovada so that I can have the WU withdraw option available.

I've talked to 3 different customer support people. 1 said i'll have the WU withdraw option available for depositing once, the other 2 said no.

They said it has to be my MAIN deposit method. When I asked for clarification as to what this ment they seemed miffed. They said my account has 3 credit card deposits in his history so that will remain my main deposit method. I then asked if I can space my deposit out over 4 days will that then become my main deposit method, was again told no.

When I asked why they said because that's only 4 days and since my account was opened C.C. deposit was the only method and it's spent a lot of time as my only method. I then ask, If I deposited once 5 years ago with my credit card ill really have to deposit with WU and wait another 5 years for it to become my main withdraw option....she said yes lololololoollolll.

Seriously wtf do I do? I had to hangup on 2 of the customer support people because they simply couldn't speak english well enough for me to understand. Just a pure helpless feeling when dealing with their customer support.
Calm And Collected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #267
Shankybot dont buy
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 8
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

I just went to open the poker clinent and I saw there was an update .14 does anyone know if anything was improved or what the changes might be???
Shankybot dont buy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #268
prodonkey
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: F me
Posts: 14,597
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calm And Collected View Post
I just got WU deposit info from bovada so that I can have the WU withdraw option available.

I've talked to 3 different customer support people. 1 said i'll have the WU withdraw option available for depositing once, the other 2 said no.

They said it has to be my MAIN deposit method. When I asked for clarification as to what this ment they seemed miffed. They said my account has 3 credit card deposits in his history so that will remain my main deposit method. I then asked if I can space my deposit out over 4 days will that then become my main deposit method, was again told no.

When I asked why they said because that's only 4 days and since my account was opened C.C. deposit was the only method and it's spent a lot of time as my only method. I then ask, If I deposited once 5 years ago with my credit card ill really have to deposit with WU and wait another 5 years for it to become my main withdraw option....she said yes lololololoollolll.

Seriously wtf do I do? I had to hangup on 2 of the customer support people because they simply couldn't speak english well enough for me to understand. Just a pure helpless feeling when dealing with their customer support.
fwiw, I deposited once and receive the WU cashout option
prodonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #269
Popeyes>KFC
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 134
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
How do you think a bot would know any better than a regular player what's coming on the river?

You're talking about a superuser, and unfortunately, there really isn't much way to tell for sure. Not that one can guarantee finding a superuser even with proper tracking, but with anonymous tables, you have to entrust in Bovada/Bodog. I doubt that you're up against one, but you'll have to decide that for yourself.
Surprisingly reserved response given the sheer volume of questions like that.
Popeyes>KFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:57 PM   #270
trangers
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ALCS
Posts: 394
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeyes>KFC View Post
Surprisingly reserved response given the sheer volume of questions like that.
Try asking if Bodog is exiting the US...

Last edited by trangers; 01-04-2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: But srsly, I hear they are...
trangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #271
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 47,001
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

LOL.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:04 AM   #272
Ace Jackoff
adept
 
Ace Jackoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Midwest
Posts: 877
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Please take away timebanks in hyper turbo tournaments!
Ace Jackoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:21 AM   #273
georgebushda3rd
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 634
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaQ Morphy View Post
That's ridiculous. This is a Bodogavada thread. Bodogavada put out this update so that HUDs no longer work, yet there's still a HUD that works. But if you mention what HUD this is that gives players an unfair advantage (which is the specific reason why Bodogavada wants to eliminated HUDs), the posts get deleted.

Wonder how much extra Bodogavada pays 2+2 for this.

Morphy
Actually I just found out that now theres 2 HUD's that work. Lmao Bodog(vada) cant stop them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashington View Post
I would love to just cash out and give up on online poker but FFS I cannot even install the software without my antivirus software freaking the **** out.
get a new computer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemaco View Post
On that same subject, have you seen the poker room review, I think it was poker news (it was definitely one of the big ones). They have Bovada a 8.0 out of 10 or something, including an 8.0 of 10.0 for security.

Can someone please explain to me how a website like poker news can determine what rating to give security? They even rated ethics. How can you rate someones ethics if you don't even live in the same country, you have no idea what type of "ethics" these people have good or bad.

I would love to see how they came up with those numbers, like what specifically makes bodog 8 out of 10 on security, I honestly want to know this. Did they tour the place? Even if they did (reference joe sebok) I don't see how that even matters.
One word, their called AFFILIATES.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XaQ Morphy View Post
So based on that, you shouldn't have any problems with the following warning message, correct?

Warning to Bovada users. Despite the fact that Bodog/Bovada says that HUDs will no longer work, and despite the fact that they've stated the reasons behind their anonymous software changes were to make the game more fair, specifically not giving players advantages such as HUDs, there still is one HUD that does work. This HUD is called Holdem Indicator. HEM (Holdem Manager) and PT (PokerTracker) no longer work, so most users would assume that all HUDs do not work, but this is not the case. In addition, Bodog/Bovada is being purposely vague about this.

So as a warning, players you are playing against may have a HUD, and it might be working even though you may think the software is designed not to allow it.

This is a public safety message brought to you by the letter Q and the number 345452734.5.

Morphy
Now you can add Tournament Indicator that works as well. I'm using the one week trial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemaco View Post
It is pretty hilarious. If you notice, most of the sections don't even explain how they got the number.

Security: 8.0 of 10 – Very Good

Bovada Poker benefits from being run by people with plenty of experience in operating poker rooms. They recognise that security is a concern for poker players, who may worry about their funds being safe and their personal details being protected. You can rest assured that Bovada Poker employ strict safeguards and advanced technology to ensure that players do not need to worry about security here.


-- What exactly are these "strict safeguards" and "advanced technology".
It so funny that anyone would ever read that and be satisfied.

Player 1: I think I am being cheated
Player 2: No, the have strict safeguards
Player 4: And advanced technology!
Player 1: OK, im convinced.

OR EVEN BETTER
Company Ethics: 7.0 of 10 – Good

Bovada might be a new brand but they are operated by an experienced group with a decent track record. Depositing and withdrawing to a poker site from the US can be challenging, but Bovada at least try to make it as painless as possible.

Have you ever seen a poker site being reviewed that included ETHICS? I mean, how the hell do you judge this unless you have known the owners their whole lives. Seems so random and open to interpretation that including it makes their review even more suspect. Why include a BS category like this unless you were shilling.

Then again, the 3 Bodog ad's on the same page as their review should have tipped me off that this is not a real review.
You should have seen UB/AP's Affiliates lmao their all the same way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Jackoff View Post
Please take away timebanks in hyper turbo tournaments!
No please don't I luv waisting time when I'm chipleader.
georgebushda3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:55 AM   #274
Parkspossie
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 116
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

Did a bunch of stars regs come over here after the rake change? Cash games are not nearly as soft now.
Parkspossie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #275
A MTT PRO
grinder
 
A MTT PRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Going deep and running good
Posts: 611
Re: *** Unofficial Bovada Thread ***

With all the complaints about Bovada's software, one MAJOR bug which is a total pain in the ass and hasn't been mentioned on here in quite a while is THE CHECK/FOLD BOX DOESN'T WORK WHEN YOU ARE IN THE BLINDS. It is completely ridiculous that you can see your hand, select the option to fold your hand, go surf the internet, someone raises your BB and the table STILL POPS UP WAITING FOR YOUR ACTION! This is by far the worst bug on the software. If you check the fold box and you aren't in the blinds it will work, but check/fold or fold does not work in the blinds. So annoying. I thought this one would get fixed in the first few days of the rebranding but somehow it has either been overlooked or they do not care.
A MTT PRO is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online