Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Internet Poker Discussions of Internet poker venues, including RB & bonuses.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2018, 07:01 AM   #24701
14nd3r
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,104
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Dear Patrick

2 Little bugs:

1) When I close the Unibet desktop client these days, I always get an error message saying "unibet has stopped working" that I have to click away. OS: windows 10 enterprise

2) I use an external screen that I connect to my laptop. I always display all my tables on that external screen (which is 6 of them). Every time I open unibet on that screen I have to switch my table grid to a different size (3x3 for example) & reset it to 3x2. Otherwise it will always open new tables on the laptop screen. Once i've switched the grid size and changed it back, new tables open on the external screen though.

Kind regards
14nd3r
14nd3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:43 PM   #24702
Dubnjoy000
Pooh-Bah
 
Dubnjoy000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ...Roaming in my travel blog...
Posts: 3,508
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Anybody else experiencing frequent crashes from the software? I mean, this is bad like it originally was at the release 18 months ago, with crashes happening once an hour
Dubnjoy000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:13 PM   #24703
Dubnjoy000
Pooh-Bah
 
Dubnjoy000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ...Roaming in my travel blog...
Posts: 3,508
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

I do not think Pokerscout is a great reference source, but it does remain a clear indicator, but has the poker traffic significantly gone down since last year? Is it true that Unibet's traffic is a weekly average of 500 players (Stars 8000), when it was hovering around 1k last year?
Dubnjoy000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 04:40 AM   #24704
SleazyP84
adept
 
SleazyP84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: The Internet
Posts: 973
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubnjoy000 View Post
I do not think Pokerscout is a great reference source, but it does remain a clear indicator, but has the poker traffic significantly gone down since last year? Is it true that Unibet's traffic is a weekly average of 500 players (Stars 8000), when it was hovering around 1k last year?
Just totalling the NL players at each BI on the client it was at 599 at 09:20 UK time. I don't know if those numbers are unique players or total players at tables. There are another 100 or so playing PLO and 100 playing SNGs.

It's close to impossible for Pokerscout to accurately estimate total players on a site they can't get data on. This isn't me being a shill either, the numbers are in the client when you log in. If they're above PS's average at this time of the morning I expect they'll be way above the average by Euro evening.

There are plenty of other things like the decent weather in Europe, school summer holidays and the World Cup that would affect the averages in the last month or so. I'd expect the numbers to rise again in September.
SleazyP84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:35 AM   #24705
Lemikinge
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sorry for my bad english!
Posts: 237
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubnjoy000 View Post
I do not think Pokerscout is a great reference source, but it does remain a clear indicator, but has the poker traffic significantly gone down since last year? Is it true that Unibet's traffic is a weekly average of 500 players (Stars 8000), when it was hovering around 1k last year?
I think currently its because its summer... traffic on any site goes down.
I remember some month ago there were 400-500players alone in the Nl4 pool. Rarely i see more than 200 currently
Lemikinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:40 AM   #24706
Jinsticker
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 442
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

There are almost allways over 200 at the nl4 pool. At night...

Omaha has the same numbers in this summer then last year in the winter. If not more.

Apparently the challenges dont go that slow. I thought this way it would take much longer with measly point scores. But having all these bell notifications ans ****. I dont know about that... seems like it could be a plan to move it slower in the future anyway.

The goal game should have some penny;s to earn or somethin. This way its just a frustrating game. Its no fun really.
Jinsticker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:55 AM   #24707
SleazyP84
adept
 
SleazyP84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: The Internet
Posts: 973
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinsticker View Post
Apparently the challenges dont go that slow. I thought this way it would take much longer with measly point scores. But having all these bell notifications ans ****. I dont know about that... seems like it could be a plan to move it slower in the future anyway.
The challenges were slow and then they made them easier but rewarded less points. They're probably too easy now and they need adjusted somewhere in the middle.

Quote:
A Cash Game Minor challenge was taking ~500 hands to complete and will now take ~50 hands (and ~100 hands for Banzai)

A Cash Game Major challenge was taking ~2000 hands to complete and will now take ~1000 hands

A SNG Heads Up Minor challenge was taking ~25 SNGs to complete and will now take ~5 SNGs

A SNG Heads Up Major challenge was taking ~100 SNGs to complete and will now take ~50 SNGs

A SNG 5seat Minor challenge was taking ~10 SNGs to complete and will now take ~5 SNGs

A SNG 5seat Minor challenge was taking ~40 SNGs to complete and will now take ~50 SNG
Guts of the changes (although I think the last one is wrong). Full discussion on the community at the link below.

https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/G...es/td-p/166453
SleazyP84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:48 PM   #24708
Dubnjoy000
Pooh-Bah
 
Dubnjoy000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ...Roaming in my travel blog...
Posts: 3,508
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleazyP84 View Post
Just totalling the NL players at each BI on the client it was at 599 at 09:20 UK time. I don't know if those numbers are unique players or total players at tables. There are another 100 or so playing PLO and 100 playing SNGs.

It's close to impossible for Pokerscout to accurately estimate total players on a site they can't get data on. This isn't me being a shill either, the numbers are in the client when you log in. If they're above PS's average at this time of the morning I expect they'll be way above the average by Euro evening.

There are plenty of other things like the decent weather in Europe, school summer holidays and the World Cup that would affect the averages in the last month or so. I'd expect the numbers to rise again in September.
Ok, so it is safe to say that traffic at Unibet is looking good overall and that Pokerscout is a joke... It still seemed that the poker economy as a whole took a drop since last year according to pokerscout...


Quote:
Originally Posted by SleazyP84 View Post
The challenges were slow and then they made them easier but rewarded less points. They're probably too easy now and they need adjusted somewhere in the middle.
Agree that it should be somewhere in the middle, more diversified challenges to make it more fun/less repetitive, and double the options of discarding challenges from 2 to 4. The challenges went (for me personally) from something really fun that I enjoy to being quite boring and being indifferent to them
Dubnjoy000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:12 PM   #24709
SleazyP84
adept
 
SleazyP84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: The Internet
Posts: 973
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Pokerscout might not be a joke as such, it's just that their sample size is too small. If they showed what they though Unibet was getting in players over the last 12 months+ it would be easier to say numbers are up/down. I think this summer specifically will have hit all sites hard with all the stuff going on. Unibet has had Stan James and Irish players to boost numbers as well so that should balance things out.

As an MTT player, the challenges do very little for me but from playing cash for about an hour to complete a mission I got a bunch of notifications and there were all for < 10 points. It felt a bit like opening a Stars chest.
SleazyP84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 03:27 AM   #24710
cardporn
enthusiast
 
cardporn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: twitter: sascha_baltic aka bari83
Posts: 82
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

hi there,

any chance you will add a feature to share hands (with social media) like Stars with Boomplayer.
Just curious
cardporn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM   #24711
DianeAbbott
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 104
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

What an absolute ****ing joke. I tried to withdraw £5k today after depositing recently. Played a few 100s/200s HU games then get this email:


Dear X,

This is a notification that your recent withdrawal of £5,000.00 has been cancelled and the money returned to your betting account.

The withdrawal was cancelled as we cannot allow the withdrawal of any money that has been deposited and not played. You need to play your deposit before you can withdraw any money. For example, if you initially deposited £10, you need to wager £10 in total. You will then be able to withdraw your winnings.

Kind regards,

The Unibet Team

---

I then contact live chat because this seems a bit ridiculous and get this:

They have cancelled your withdrawal and have advised me that you need to play through your balance of £7, 920.74 until they will re instate your facility to be able to withdraw from your account.

---

So I need to play £8k through raking £240 (3%) to get access to a single penny of my money. How can that even be a thing? I put in decent volume on Unibet, I've raked loads but as of right now I need access to some of my money and they're not giving me that. ****ing ridiculous.

Update: I've asked for a manager to call me and they don't have a single manager in the office today. What a joke of an operation. Where, when you're depositing, does it state that you need to play through your whole balance?

Last edited by DianeAbbott; Yesterday at 01:33 PM.
DianeAbbott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM   #24712
KossuKukkula
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,555
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

That's pretty common these days. And it's most likely in the tos.
KossuKukkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:36 PM   #24713
DianeAbbott
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 104
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KossuKukkula View Post
That's pretty common these days. And it's most likely in the tos.
I asked for where in the T&C's this was and wasn't shown.
DianeAbbott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM   #24714
DianeAbbott
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 104
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Spent 2 hours with a guy from live chat (lol), eventually it transpired that if I sit at a cash table and play a couple of hands then it counts as playing through. So I've spent the last 2 hours sitting at 200/400nl tables, playing a couple of hands on each, standing up and sitting back down again. What a completely pointless experience. I lost about £300 in the process playing out of the blinds and raked very little.

Snap withdrawn the full £8k. Cya Unibet.
DianeAbbott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM   #24715
Mad Twatter
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 888
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

It's pretty standard that you have to place bets worth that of your deposit in some form of betting/casino/poker at least once before you withdraw. Keep that in mind wherever you decide to deposit next, or you will have the same experience with them.
Mad Twatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:19 PM   #24716
DianeAbbott
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 104
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

So sitting down at a table with 400e, playing 2 hands and leaving achieves what exactly?
DianeAbbott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM   #24717
KossuKukkula
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,555
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

How did you manage to lose £300 playing few hands? Did you get aces cracked twice or what? And the rule is probably to prevent straight up money laundring like any other site. Even stars has this nowadays.
KossuKukkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM   #24718
DianeAbbott
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 104
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

I had to play about 25 or so tables, starting in the BB each time. I had a few hands where I lost sizeable pots, I wasn't just folding away 25bb+12.5bb (small blind) for nothing, I was playing a wider range than AA.

I also stressed to the VIP manager on live chat that I needed the withdrawal today (Paypal withdrawal so would be in my bank today), he said he would speak to the payments team to get this sorted instantly and 3 hours later nothing was done. The guy on live chat just now said they finish at 10pm so in 2 hours they were unable to process one payment, impressive. There was also no manager that I was able to speak to at either 6pm today when the issue arose, nor at 11pm when I wanted to ask why nothing was done.

I'm not sure whether I am a 'VIP' on Unibet, I'm a higher stakes player to most so maybe but if that's the case it just makes tonight all the more ridiculous. I was unable to speak to the player safety team that blocked my account and I was unable to speak to a manager, not exactly a great way to treat your 'VIP' customers.

Whatever, good luck getting my business back.
DianeAbbott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:09 PM   #24719
Neri1983
centurion
 
Neri1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 165
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Can you please tell me what time "the next day" starts with regards to missions.

"Complete a Sit and Go, then play any multi-table tournament that has a €1 buy-in or higher the next day".

I played an SNG on Sunday night then in the early hours of Monday played the Wormhole but the mission did not complete. When I started the tournament I think the time was after 1am CEST so this should have completed right?
Neri1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM   #24720
Dubnjoy000
Pooh-Bah
 
Dubnjoy000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ...Roaming in my travel blog...
Posts: 3,508
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neri1983 View Post
Can you please tell me what time "the next day" starts with regards to missions.

"Complete a Sit and Go, then play any multi-table tournament that has a €1 buy-in or higher the next day".

I played an SNG on Sunday night then in the early hours of Monday played the Wormhole but the mission did not complete. When I started the tournament I think the time was after 1am CEST so this should have completed right?
I just had the same question about a promotion today, but it stated UTC time zone in the Terms and conditions.
Dubnjoy000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:22 PM   #24721
Mad Twatter
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 888
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc

That, at least with regards to rake race (bootcamp) stuff, quarterly challenges, penalty hero promotion etc.
Mad Twatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM   #24722
Mad Twatter
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 888
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeAbbott View Post
So sitting down at a table with 400e, playing 2 hands and leaving achieves what exactly?
By 'achieves what', do you mean from the perspective of the site? It probably doesn't achieve much, but it ensures that the money that you deposited has circulated through the gambling system and I guess they can then be classified as winnings. I agree with you that it seems a silly rule to have in place, if you are using the same withdrawal method as that which you used when depositing. Never bothered thinking about it that much, just accepted that it's a standard throughout the business. Idk if there's some kind of legislation thing behind it, i.e you shouldn't be able to use the site balance as a bank account, where you can just deposit and withdraw as you please. Might be to hinder blatant money laundering: deposit -> instantly withdraw -> show receipt of gambling winnings from online gambling operator. Idk.

Btw, if I understood correctly, you only played the blinds, then sat up, then sat down again to get back to the blinds. Why wouldn't you take the freeroll on the hands where you are not in the blinds?

Last edited by Mad Twatter; Yesterday at 09:52 PM.
Mad Twatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:31 PM   #24723
DianeAbbott
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 104
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Twatter View Post
By 'achieves what', do you mean from the perspective of the site? It probably doesn't achieve much, but it ensures that the money that you deposited has circulated through the gambling system and I guess they can then be classified as winnings. I agree with you that it seems a silly rule to have in place, if you are using the same withdrawal method as that which you used when depositing. Never bothered thinking about it that much, just accepted that it's a standard throughout the business. Idk if there's some kind of legislation thing behind it, i.e you shouldn't be able to use the site balance as a bank account, where you can just deposit and withdraw as you please. Might be to hinder blatant money laundering: deposit -> instantly withdraw -> show receipt of gambling winnings from online gambling operator. Idk.

Btw, if I understood correctly, you only played the blinds, then sat up, then sat down again to get back to the blinds. Why wouldn't you take the freeroll on the hands where you are not in the blinds?
I did for some of the tables but they weren't all 5/6 handed so there weren't always free hands. The thing was I didn't want to sit there playing 25 orbits, I wanted to withdraw my money.
DianeAbbott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:56 PM   #24724
rerange
stranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 10
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

can i run piosolver while i play on unibet? i asked live chat but he said all software is against the rules yet running 5+ minute calcs in pio would not interact with the pokerclient? or do i get the software rule wrong?
rerange is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online