Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Internet Poker Discussions of Internet poker venues, including RB & bonuses.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2019, 02:56 PM   #25526
eat.sleep.poker
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 34
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

is it possible to remove promotion pop-ups form best hands,kinda annoying when it covers villians name and chip stack in hu sng and u have to click x all the time
eat.sleep.poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:04 PM   #25527
cazzz
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 69
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Minor thing: In the best hand tabs on the tables it says: "NLHE/Banzai: [best hand]", while banzai is excluded (according to the T&C) from the promotion. The fact its says NLHE/Banzai might be confusing for players who did not read the T&C.

And why is Banzai excluded? I cant remember the last promotion for Banzai, it has been ages since there was some kind of promotion for exclusively Banzai or in combination with other games.
cazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:00 AM   #25528
mement_mori
formerly youcanhaveitall
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,792
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eat.sleep.poker View Post
is it possible to remove promotion pop-ups form best hands,kinda annoying when it covers villians name and chip stack in hu sng and u have to click x all the time
Yeah this is so invasive and makes for a very poor player experience. During a session I got maybe 10-20 of these popups (or so it felt like) and none of them made me more likely to join any of those games. Please consider giving us the option to turn them off at least, they do not make for a player friendly experience.
mement_mori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:31 AM   #25529
UnibetPatric
Unibet Rep
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 109
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Hi guys,
I checked and it's unfortunately not something we can change right now, for future promotions of that regard, we will definitively keep it in mind to make it less disturbing during non related games. Thankfully, it only happens during the High Hand hours, which is not all day. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Banzai is excluded and I agree, it should not be mentioned, we already reported it.

Thanks
UnibetPatric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:05 PM   #25530
SirMario
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 36
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

--- URGENT REGARDING NEW VERSION OF WEB POKER CLIENT ---

Today there was released the new version of Web Poker Client with some new - BAD, FRUSTRATING and EYES-HURTING feature which should be fixed ASAP!

When you play more than 1 table: every time the tables are switched for you to make a decision there is this frustrating and eye-hurting "move-in" and "move-out" new window animation. So basically the other windows slides from the top or bottom of the screen.

This feature also slows down the working of web poker client a lot and unfortunately cannot be switched off in the Settings/Animations tab.

Please fix it ASAP! (bring back the old style when the window just changed without any animation OR allow users to decide whether they want to have this resource consuming and eye-hurting feature or not under the Settings/Animation tab)


Thanks!!!

Last edited by SirMario; 02-20-2019 at 02:24 PM.
SirMario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 03:56 PM   #25531
clapclap
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 322
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

would be cool if you kept registration to mtts open as long as it is advertised in the lobbies
clapclap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:44 PM   #25532
LektorAJ
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LektorAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: none
Posts: 6,915
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMario View Post
--- URGENT REGARDING NEW VERSION OF WEB POKER CLIENT ---

Today there was released the new version of Web Poker Client with some new - BAD, FRUSTRATING and EYES-HURTING feature which should be fixed ASAP!

When you play more than 1 table: every time the tables are switched for you to make a decision there is this frustrating and eye-hurting "move-in" and "move-out" new window animation. So basically the other windows slides from the top or bottom of the screen.

This feature also slows down the working of web poker client a lot and unfortunately cannot be switched off in the Settings/Animations tab.

Please fix it ASAP! (bring back the old style when the window just changed without any animation OR allow users to decide whether they want to have this resource consuming and eye-hurting feature or not under the Settings/Animation tab)


Thanks!!!
Came to say exactly the same thing.

It's truly truly awful.
LektorAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:15 PM   #25533
Shooter_Mcgavin
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 11
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

New poker client is beyong awful, who makes those decisions????
Shooter_Mcgavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:37 AM   #25534
eat.sleep.poker
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 34
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Hey Patric

After an update its not possible to sort hands in hand history by pot size,can u restore that option?

Tnx
eat.sleep.poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:08 AM   #25535
UnibetPatric
Unibet Rep
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 109
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMario View Post
--- URGENT REGARDING NEW VERSION OF WEB POKER CLIENT ---

Today there was released the new version of Web Poker Client with some new - BAD, FRUSTRATING and EYES-HURTING feature which should be fixed ASAP!

When you play more than 1 table: every time the tables are switched for you to make a decision there is this frustrating and eye-hurting "move-in" and "move-out" new window animation. So basically the other windows slides from the top or bottom of the screen.

This feature also slows down the working of web poker client a lot and unfortunately cannot be switched off in the Settings/Animations tab.

Please fix it ASAP! (bring back the old style when the window just changed without any animation OR allow users to decide whether they want to have this resource consuming and eye-hurting feature or not under the Settings/Animation tab)


Thanks!!!
Hey,
the idea behind this was to mitigate misclicks when tables switched, since we got some complaints about it but yes I agree that it's not good for web version like this.
We have created a ticket to the developers to create a setting to turn it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clapclap View Post
would be cool if you kept registration to mtts open as long as it is advertised in the lobbies

In some rare cases, registration can close before announced.

An example is, if a tournament starts with 4 players, with 2 prizes, one early elimination in 4th place and then more people sign up during late reg, so now 3 prizes get paid, in this case registration will close before a 4th place would be ITM as a player eliminated already finished in that position.

It sounds a bit complicated but as mentioned, it doesn't happen often and just in these particular cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter_Mcgavin View Post
New poker client is beyong awful, who makes those decisions????
Could you specify please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eat.sleep.poker View Post
Hey Patric

After an update its not possible to sort hands in hand history by pot size,can u restore that option?

Tnx
I'll look into it and forward your request, thanks for making us aware!
UnibetPatric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:38 AM   #25536
ladysharrow
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 204
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

ok,too lazy to scan this thread.

Can I play from germany?
Do you offer some kind of zoom/fastforward variation for NL Holdem?
ladysharrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:16 AM   #25537
NMPfan
centurion
 
NMPfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 127
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysharrow View Post
ok,too lazy to scan this thread.

Can I play from germany?
Do you offer some kind of zoom/fastforward variation for NL Holdem?
yes you can play from germany

no they don't have zoom, the playerpool isn't big enough, it would make the zoom format almost as slow or even slower than normal games.
NMPfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 05:20 PM   #25538
LektorAJ
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LektorAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: none
Posts: 6,915
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnibetPatric View Post
Hey,
the idea behind this was to mitigate misclicks when tables switched, since we got some complaints about it but yes I agree that it's not good for web version like this.
We have created a ticket to the developers to create a setting to turn it off.
The thing is that it's unplayable at the moment (I tried it again just now and still getting seasick) so you need to roll back to the previous version while that gets developed - tbh though this setting shouldn't be the default anyway so it should be a case of turning this on rather than turning it off.

I know there's a lot of hyperbole on this site but I'm not generally "one of those people" and I'm generally positive about Unibet so please listen to me telling you that you seriously need to learn from this situation and work out why what's wrong with your procedures that enabled this feature to go live in its current form - if you're too close to it then maybe throw this as a case study to a consultant or MBA intern and see what they come up with.

Re the misclicks - that sometimes happened to me too. Maybe a fade-in / fade-out type of thing - even for just a tenth of a second would work better.
LektorAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:28 PM   #25539
Neri1983
centurion
 
Neri1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 169
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Seems a bit strange that the date for the Newcastle stop of the UK tour is floating about on social media and has not yet been provided by Unibet themselves to their players and community.

Also whoever set the date (if it is May 10-12) obviously didn't bother to check what events are in Newcastle on that date and check hotel availability. It is both very limited and extremely expensive, most likely due to WWE wrestling taking place.
Neri1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:44 PM   #25540
ArtyMcFly
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ArtyMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Enchantment Under the Sea
Posts: 11,721
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eat.sleep.poker View Post
is it possible to remove promotion pop-ups form best hands
This. Those popups are incredibly annoying. No one cares about AbcxyZ making quads in another game.
ArtyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 03:52 PM   #25541
AmonRaa
adept
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,078
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

+100
Its so much fun when you're all in and cant see villain's hand because of the pop up.
AmonRaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 07:11 PM   #25542
coinflipper
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ACA/QRO/BKK/SGN
Posts: 1,934
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

are 3rd party betting helper programs allowed? ive identified atleast 3 plyers in the mtt pool using them in just 1 week playing the site
coinflipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:29 PM   #25543
cazzz
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 69
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

About the app (on android tablet), move the "max" button away from the "+" (incremental increase betsize by 0,5bb)in the betslider to prevent costly missclicks.
cazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 02:48 AM   #25544
LektorAJ
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LektorAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: none
Posts: 6,915
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyMcFly View Post
This. Those popups are incredibly annoying. No one cares about AbcxyZ making quads in another game.
+1 It also blocks my view of villain's stack size.

We complained about all the "minor challenge" spam that kept coming through and that seems to have been fixed now (thanks!), but there is no point if it is replaced by these cryptic messages about games we are not even sitting in.

(I say cryptic, because without knowing what game AbcxyZ is sitting in, we don't know how much we should care that he's made quads).

At least turn it off at non-cash tables please. No reason to show it to SNG players.
LektorAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 06:33 AM   #25545
NMPfan
centurion
 
NMPfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 127
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

I disagree, there is a reason to show them to sng players. To show them that something cool is going on in the cash games. But yeah the messages are too cryptic, also the position where it pops up is soo bad. I'd rather have them in the corner where the casino ads are (but below the tournament info box) there it wouldn't cover anything, or any other empty position on the table. Yes I get it that a big box right in the center of your screen will catch the eye of more players, but this is ridiculous. What's next, just cover the entire hand for everyone on the site when someone wins 5$? Make people have fun, not be annoyed. I'm pretty sure this is just a case of them not anticipating how it would look from a player POV and they will change it next release to a less invasive popup.
NMPfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 12:09 PM   #25546
UnibetPatric
Unibet Rep
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 109
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neri1983 View Post
Seems a bit strange that the date for the Newcastle stop of the UK tour is floating about on social media and has not yet been provided by Unibet themselves to their players and community.

Also whoever set the date (if it is May 10-12) obviously didn't bother to check what events are in Newcastle on that date and check hotel availability. It is both very limited and extremely expensive, most likely due to WWE wrestling taking place.
We are currently looking into moving Newcastle to a different weekend for that reason. We missed that those events were happening at the same time unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzz View Post
About the app (on android tablet), move the "max" button away from the "+" (incremental increase betsize by 0,5bb)in the betslider to prevent costly missclicks.
I'll forward the feedback, thanks for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMPfan View Post
I disagree, there is a reason to show them to sng players. To show them that something cool is going on in the cash games. But yeah the messages are too cryptic, also the position where it pops up is soo bad. I'd rather have them in the corner where the casino ads are (but below the tournament info box) there it wouldn't cover anything, or any other empty position on the table. Yes I get it that a big box right in the center of your screen will catch the eye of more players, but this is ridiculous. What's next, just cover the entire hand for everyone on the site when someone wins 5$? Make people have fun, not be annoyed. I'm pretty sure this is just a case of them not anticipating how it would look from a player POV and they will change it next release to a less invasive popup.
This will be fixed by next release, I agree that it is not implemented ideally.
We have a new UAT team to test new releases in advance (poker players) to prevent things like this in the future.

I wish it could be fixed faster, unfortunately it's not that simple in practice, I can only apologize for the inconvenience this causes.

Thanks for your feedback either way (good or bad)!
UnibetPatric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:23 PM   #25547
Acryl2
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 372
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Could someone please tell me how the Unibetr rake structure compares to other cardrooms, for example Pokerstars?

For example at NL50 at Unibet the rake is 5.5% with a 3€ cap. At stars its 5% rake with a 0.75$ cap. I guess the cap makes a big difference here, right?

I found this graphic:



It's from 2014 and shows the average rake paid at short handed tables per 100 hands. How would Unibet compare to this?
Acryl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:46 AM   #25548
NMPfan
centurion
 
NMPfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 127
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

I doubt 2014 numbers are accurate in 2019, a lot of things changed, more rake became better, more taxation etc. Would be interesting tho to know how much BB/100 they rake per stake. Not sure how one would go about estimating it, it's kinda hard without tracking software.
NMPfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:23 PM   #25549
CoreySteel
old hand
 
CoreySteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 1,807
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Why would that be hard? You can request stats and you get both rake in € and hands played. I've paid 9BB/100 rake at NL25 (60k hands), but I'm on a tighter side.
CoreySteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:26 PM   #25550
LektorAJ
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LektorAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: none
Posts: 6,915
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

I'm not sure that table is meaningful. One way for a site to get a low rake paid value would be to have a nitty player pool with a lot of "raise and take it" preflop and plenty of pot control post flop, whereas a site with a splashy player pool would be collecting more rake even if the rake system was the same.

In terms of the fees, Unibet rake is good at NL4 and NL10, and not so much at other levels.
LektorAJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online