Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Internet Poker Discussions of Internet poker venues, including RB & bonuses.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2017, 04:53 PM   #7351
ORANGEFAN
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovietplayer View Post
Was this every taken any further ? or reported anywhere ?
Yes. Turns out this was a scam and the result left me out 1k. From what I understand, LaLeche's 2+2 account was closed as was the ACR account I transacted with.

Let my situation serve as an example of how not to transfer using Venmo (with untrusted/unknown ppl).

Thanks, Mike Haven for directing my attention back to this incident to spare other users the headache and possible oversights when x'fering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaiha91 View Post
This is his skype

Ok i def didnt think about that case. So if the person who sent me $ is not him, i'll gladly return $ to the one who he scammed yesterday.
I'll hold on to the fund for now. This is become more complicated than i was expected lol.
Hey Thai, you can see my posts previously that I was scammed by LaLeche. My ACR for his Venmo. The skype account he used at the time was T Monet/Terry Monet. I believe there was some reference to T Wolves in that skype account so I am guessing this is a secondary account he is using to scam and he is likely in this thread monitoring our discussions about him. Please be careful with that guy, he's a heartless scammer.

Last edited by Mike Haven; 04-13-2017 at 06:15 PM. Reason: 2 posts merged
ORANGEFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:24 PM   #7352
sovietplayer
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 113
Re: P2P transfers: CHAT thread : No trading ITT

Someone posted his addresses and phone number do they have any merritt to it ?
lets open another thread and try to find this guy together.
sovietplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:28 PM   #7353
ORANGEFAN
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 39
Re: P2P transfers: CHAT thread : No trading ITT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovietplayer View Post
Someone posted his addresses and phone number do they have any merritt to it ?
lets open another thread and try to find this guy together.
Unlikely that either is credible.

I'm confused about this sort of moral dilemma Thai is in with regard to being some sort of Robin Hood of this whole thing
ORANGEFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 05:26 PM   #7354
Progresss
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 52
Re: P2P transfers: CHAT thread : No trading ITT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethbtc88 View Post
I stand behind my warning. I was well aware you would respond angrily defending yourself and making counter accusations. Nothing more needs to be said, people can make up their own minds.
I simply responded with facts and explained myself and how you crossed the line in a respectful and not in a angry manner. You can`t even acknowledge that you were in the wrong at all or apologize shows your true colors.

I would be careful trying to trade with this guy because if you don`t reply to him on skype within 3 minutes when just discussing who will send first ALTHOUGH he goes offline, he will to run to this forum to try give you a bad rep.
Progresss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 03:17 AM   #7355
thaiha91
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 262
Re: P2P transfers: CHAT thread : No trading ITT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANGEFAN View Post
Unlikely that either is credible.



I'm confused about this sort of moral dilemma Thai is in with regard to being some sort of Robin Hood of this whole thing


I stepped in something that maybe i shouldnt have. Regardless, i'm still happy with my decision. If we found out who he scammed for that 1k few days ago he would get the $ back, if not, the victims before get some back and I made his day become nightmare. Sound like a win-win for me
thaiha91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:55 AM   #7356
ethbtc88
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 77
Re: P2P transfers: CHAT thread : No trading ITT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progresss View Post
I simply responded with facts and explained myself and how you crossed the line in a respectful and not in a angry manner. You can`t even acknowledge that you were in the wrong at all or apologize shows your true colors.

I would be careful trying to trade with this guy because if you don`t reply to him on skype within 3 minutes when just discussing who will send first ALTHOUGH he goes offline, he will to run to this forum to try give you a bad rep.
Why would I apologize or admit wrongdoing when I'm not sorry and I did nothing wrong? My warning was simply that you misrepresented your trading history to me and gave me bad vibes. You did misrepresent your trading history to me and you did give me bad vibes. I was also clear that I was not calling you a scammer. I am still not calling you a scammer.

If this bothers you, then you should try not misrepresenting your trading history in the future and giving people bad vibes. You also might want to not angrily issue counter accusations as your strategy for dealing with those who issue warnings against you. It just makes you look guilty.

I will clarify one thing: you keep saying that I 'signed off' of Skype. I blocked you. At that point I had already decided I was not trading with you and that I was issuing you a warning.

Good luck.
ethbtc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:25 PM   #7357
Progresss
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 52
Re: P2P transfers: CHAT thread : No trading ITT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethbtc88 View Post
Why would I apologize or admit wrongdoing when I'm not sorry and I did nothing wrong? My warning was simply that you misrepresented your trading history to me and gave me bad vibes. You did misrepresent your trading history to me and you did give me bad vibes. I was also clear that I was not calling you a scammer. I am still not calling you a scammer.

If this bothers you, then you should try not misrepresenting your trading history in the future and giving people bad vibes. You also might want to not angrily issue counter accusations as your strategy for dealing with those who issue warnings against you. It just makes you look guilty.

I will clarify one thing: you keep saying that I 'signed off' of Skype. I blocked you. At that point I had already decided I was not trading with you and that I was issuing you a warning.

Good luck.
Classic case of not being able to admit mistakes even when proof are shown to you. If it wasn`t for the fact that I now have 5 people I can trade with whenever I would have spent more energy on exposing the fact that you had no reason to run to this thread. I did not misrepresent anything, that is all in your head, i have proof of my trades and was willing to show you. Not ONCE did i refuse to send first. The skype chat we had proves that. I also did not respond angrily if you read my response, that is also all in your head. If you got bad vibes from me from that skype conversation just because we discussed who was gonna send first i strongly advice you to not trade cause you are gonna get it every time you do a trade, block them and run to the forum and try outing them saying "they went silent" but you block them so they cant respond. How ridiculous is that. Try being a bit more self aware from now on and stop lying from now on. It did not hurt my ability to trade but it might for others that don`t have trading connections.
Progresss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:39 AM   #7358
fareed1234
adept
 
fareed1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Posts: 798
Ok guys I was just conned out of $392 by mb1980. Doing trade for BTC. I wanted 1 BTC and w broke it up into increments of 3. I sent the first increment via stars and he said he sent the first 0.333BTC its been an hour and still haven't received it and he suddends goes offline. Is there anyway I can recover my funds?

His stars id is yosoylaleche (Costa Rica)

Last edited by Mike Haven; 04-16-2017 at 04:49 AM. Reason: 2 posts merged
fareed1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 05:11 AM   #7359
Mike Haven
Moderotor of Moderots
 
Mike Haven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Self-flagellating re poor modding
Posts: 13,406
Re: P2P transfers: CHAT thread : No trading ITT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fareed1234 View Post
Ok guys I was just conned out of $392 by mb1980. Doing trade for BTC. I wanted 1 BTC and w broke it up into increments of 3. I sent the first increment via stars and he said he sent the first 0.333BTC its been an hour and still haven't received it and he suddends goes offline. Is there anyway I can recover my funds?

His stars id is yosoylaleche (Costa Rica)
See https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...postcount=7340, https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...postcount=7274, https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...stcount=158954, https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...postcount=7273, https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...postcount=7279

You should report this to PS Security immediately. Laleche is an alleged serial scammer, and although PS may not be able to do much for you, they don't want alleged serial scammers playing on their site, and they may at least cancel future automated p2p transfers inwards or even ban him. Others may have reported him, too, and it will be in their Notes against his account.

Last edited by Mike Haven; 04-16-2017 at 05:43 AM.
Mike Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 06:55 AM   #7360
thaiha91
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 262
Re: P2P transfers: CHAT thread : No trading ITT

Yosoylaleche PS name is def a scammer. He is the same person that we have been talking about. Why would you send first to him?
thaiha91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 06:15 PM   #7361
ethbtc88
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 77
Re: P2P transfers: CHAT thread : No trading ITT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progresss View Post
i have proof of my trades and was willing to show you.
It seems you still don't realize what my problem was. It's this right here. You showing me screenshots of pokerstars and facebook chats is not proof of anything. When you claim you have done trades with all of these people, what I and anyone would assume you mean is verified trades here on 2+2. The rest you can easily fake.

Quote:
Not ONCE did i refuse to send first.
Not in those exact words but you were forcefully and arrogantly telling me why I should be the one sending first. Same thing, really. Not that you should have sent first to me: the main thing I learned here is not to try trading with another noob. This probably happens a lot.

Quote:
I also did not respond angrily


Quote:
you are gonna get it every time you do a trade
I've done two confirmed* trades of over $1,000 each and talked to probably 10 people total. The only person who gave me bad vibes or did things I saw as shady, was you.

*confirmed on 2+2, not from a screenshot of a myspace chat
ethbtc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:43 AM   #7362
ORANGEFAN
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 39
Re: P2P transfers: CHAT thread : No trading ITT

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaiha91 View Post
I stepped in something that maybe i shouldnt have. Regardless, i'm still happy with my decision. If we found out who he scammed for that 1k few days ago he would get the $ back, if not, the victims before get some back and I made his day become nightmare. Sound like a win-win for me
Got it. Are you going to be at Parx in May for Big Stax? Maybe I'll see you around. Good to put a face to a name. glgl.
ORANGEFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:22 AM   #7363
thaiha91
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 262
Re: P2P transfers: CHAT thread : No trading ITT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANGEFAN View Post
Got it. Are you going to be at Parx in May for Big Stax? Maybe I'll see you around. Good to put a face to a name. glgl.


Yeah prob will only hold onto it for few more days to make sure. I'll prob be at Parx in May and borgata this week if nothing change. been playing more online lately and really think of going to canada for SCOOP but who knows
thaiha91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:45 PM   #7364
Progresss
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 52
Re: P2P transfers: CHAT thread : No trading ITT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethbtc88 View Post
It seems you still don't realize what my problem was. It's this right here. You showing me screenshots of pokerstars and facebook chats is not proof of anything. When you claim you have done trades with all of these people, what I and anyone would assume you mean is verified trades here on 2+2. The rest you can easily fake.



Not in those exact words but you were forcefully and arrogantly telling me why I should be the one sending first. Same thing, really. Not that you should have sent first to me: the main thing I learned here is not to try trading with another noob. This probably happens a lot.







I've done two confirmed* trades of over $1,000 each and talked to probably 10 people total. The only person who gave me bad vibes or did things I saw as shady, was you.

*confirmed on 2+2, not from a screenshot of a myspace chat

Ok so after all your lies and exaggerations I will just show the conversation and rest my case cause you are being ridiculous.


[06/04/17 05:48:23] me: hello?
[06/04/17 05:54:38] you: hi
[06/04/17 05:57:36] me: so u have $? do u take skill or neteller?
[06/04/17 05:57:52] you: i have stars, i’m looking for btc
[06/04/17 05:58:27] me: aight. do u have lot of trades or someone to vouch for u?
[06/04/17 05:59:23] you: 1 trade for $1,200
[06/04/17 06:01:12] me: ok i have around 15 trades for around 3k the last 30 days
[06/04/17 06:01:21] me: with 4 different ppl
[06/04/17 06:01:33] you: link? i only saw 2 trades for very small amounts
[06/04/17 06:03:18] me: are u willing to send first, can send in increments, i have done them via Facebook and text messages, i can send picture of neteller, skrill and pokerstars history
[06/04/17 06:04:10] me: a couple was posted on the p2p yes
[06/04/17 06:04:20] you: i cannot verify any of that. it only matters if it’s posted on 2+2.
[06/04/17 06:04:45] you: you can send back and forth with your friend or yourself. that’s not verified trading history.
[06/04/17 07:33:54] me: replied to your post on 2+2 lol
[06/04/17 07:34:30] me you have been “offline” on Skype since you replied to me here at 6:04

Now all facts are on the table. I cant seem to find where i was " forcefully and arrogantly telling me why I should be the one sending first"
We had just started a conversation lol then u blocked me. I would have probably sent first too I was literally looking for your post after that last message u sent me.

If you cant handle a simple conversation between two strangers discussing who will send first i again recommend not trading ever.

If you had a strong case you would not have to go lie and exaggerated over and over again to try prove your point.

As i said I never responded angrily but that was refering to my first long reply until you was being a douche then i got frustrated yes but still i exposed nothing but facts and truths. If you cant admit guilt and show no remorse then yes i have to call you out in it as it is only fair.
Progresss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 04:06 PM   #7365
iTzLifestyle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
iTzLifestyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: wny
Posts: 6,729
Re: P2P transfers: CHAT thread : No trading ITT

Question please help, when sending/receiving acr what info do you need? It says login name, is that the email I use to login or what? Sorry I only ever trade bcp and trying to help someone out.
iTzLifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:52 AM   #7366
lotuspod2
adept
 
lotuspod2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 841
Re: P2P transfers: CHAT thread : No trading ITT

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTzLifestyle View Post
Question please help, when sending/receiving acr what info do you need? It says login name, is that the email I use to login or what? Sorry I only ever trade bcp and trying to help someone out.
ACR has two usernames - the one you used for your account name, and the one that everyone sees at the table. When doing a p2p transfer I think it's the account name, and not their table name(not 100% sure on which username to use though, someone else can confirm). That's all you need, there's only 3 fields on the p2p screen...their account name, the transfer amount, and the optional Notes field.
lotuspod2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:45 PM   #7367
Mike Haven
Moderotor of Moderots
 
Mike Haven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Self-flagellating re poor modding
Posts: 13,406
Re: P2P transfers: CHAT thread : No trading ITT

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTzLifestyle View Post
Question please help, when sending/receiving acr what info do you need? It says login name, is that the email I use to login or what? Sorry I only ever trade bcp and trying to help someone out.
On ACR, you'll need their account name, not their SN.

In the trading thread here, you'll need their SN. Account names are virtually useless for effective searching checks.
Mike Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:31 PM   #7368
stevenadams
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 15
Re: Person to person transfers [First post is "MUST READ" for Posting Rules; or receive points]

Beware of "UMPHREYS WHO" -- HBB23 on ACR-- he scammed me on a $225 trade last week. Convinced me to send first because he has been a member since 2008. I saw that he lost all the money that day and then gave me an excuse for paying later and never paid. He hasn't responded to me but was online today making lots of posts to prob build his post count and scam again. Claims to be a proud father but prob would scam his kid for some ACR loot to donk in hyper turbos.

Here was his message:
Okay cool. The safest way is to trade with someone with a longstanding account. I've been on 2+2 for 9 years now and have done a bunch of trades where I've sent and received first. I'd prefer you send first since it's your first trade. If that's okay with go ahead and send 225 to hbb23 on acr, as soon as I confirm I received I will send WF. I'll need your wells info to make the transfer. Thanks.
stevenadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:22 PM   #7369
ethbtc88
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 77
Re: P2P transfers: CHAT thread : No trading ITT

@Progresss

You asked me why I did not respond to your first set of personal attacks, counter accusations and emotional ranting: and you have shown why. It never ends. No matter what I say, you will just come up with more personal attacks, counter accusations and emotional rants. What you want is not a response: you want is me to say that you're right. But you aren't right so I'm not going to say that.

I stand behind everything I've said. You've shown with your behavior I was correct that it would probably be wise to avoid dealing with you.
ethbtc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:37 PM   #7370
Progresss
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 52
Re: P2P transfers: CHAT thread : No trading ITT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethbtc88 View Post
@Progresss

You asked me why I did not respond to your first set of personal attacks, counter accusations and emotional ranting: and you have shown why. It never ends. No matter what I say, you will just come up with more personal attacks, counter accusations and emotional rants. What you want is not a response: you want is me to say that you're right. But you aren't right so I'm not going to say that.

I stand behind everything I've said. You've shown with your behavior I was correct that it would probably be wise to avoid dealing with you.
The reason I had to keep replying to you is because you kept on lying and exaggerating to try make your story valid. It is not called counter accusations something is proven fact, It is called factual argument. Same goes for the personal attacks, I just called you out for what you are. I don`t want you to say I`m right cause i know you have no self awareness and wont plead guilt even when evidence is presented. You have already admitted to lying which is enough for me. The last reply was to expose you to the people then they can decide since you kept on replying with exaggerations/lies. Good for a warning to those who do not want to deal with people like you
Progresss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:12 AM   #7371
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 47,905
Re: P2P transfers: CHAT thread : No trading ITT

Holy ****, are you two STILL at it? Enough already.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:33 PM   #7372
Mike Haven
Moderotor of Moderots
 
Mike Haven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Self-flagellating re poor modding
Posts: 13,406
Re: Person to person transfers [First post is "MUST READ" for Posting Rules; or receive points]

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenadams View Post
Beware of "UMPHREYS WHO" -- HBB23 on ACR-- he scammed me on a $225 trade last week. Convinced me to send first because he has been a member since 2008. I saw that he lost all the money that day and then gave me an excuse for paying later and never paid. He hasn't responded to me but was online today making lots of posts to prob build his post count and scam again. Claims to be a proud father but prob would scam his kid for some ACR loot to donk in hyper turbos.

Here was his message:
Okay cool. The safest way is to trade with someone with a longstanding account. I've been on 2+2 for 9 years now and have done a bunch of trades where I've sent and received first. I'd prefer you send first since it's your first trade. If that's okay with go ahead and send 225 to hbb23 on acr, as soon as I confirm I received I will send WF. I'll need your wells info to make the transfer. Thanks.
A ten second search would have found https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...postcount=5656 and probably saved you $225.
Mike Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 04:56 PM   #7373
stevenadams
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 15
Re: Person to person transfers [First post is "MUST READ" for Posting Rules; or receive points]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Haven View Post
A ten second search would have found https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...postcount=5656 and probably saved you $225.
I appreciate you rubbing it in, classic keyboard tough guy
stevenadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 06:54 PM   #7374
Mike Haven
Moderotor of Moderots
 
Mike Haven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Self-flagellating re poor modding
Posts: 13,406
Re: P2P transfers: CHAT thread : No trading ITT

Actually, I was trying to point out to others that your carelessness was the basic cause of your loss, and that they should learn from your unfortunate experience. Hopefully, your loss, (already in the past and which nothing can now prevent), will be their gain in the future.
Mike Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:03 PM   #7375
Ddayy
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 199
Re: Person to person transfers [First post is "MUST READ" for Posting Rules; or receive points]

A few weeks ago I was scammed by a guy who goes by mb1980 on here.

On 4/12 he sent me $1,000 on Venmo and it showed up as processing. I then sent him $1,000 from my ACR Account (Nels316) to the account Shifoo9x.

We were chatting on Skype throughout all of this. His Skype name is T Wolves and my ACR screenname is Leon Black.

His Venmo payment got reversed and my account is now frozen.
Ddayy is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online