Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Internet Poker Discussions of Internet poker venues.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2017, 02:53 AM   #26
mickesheee
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sydnaneeeeee
Posts: 23
Re: Options for Australian Players

Signed up to Ignition.
Seems to be ok-ish. Logging in takes a few attempts sometimes but playing seems to be no dropouts as yet after two 1 hour sessions.

Bitcoin newbie so I read up a bit and can recommend the following options which went smoothly for me.

Bitcoin Wallet - Exodus on my PC
Buying Bitcoins - www.coinloft.com.au

Bitcoins all went in to poker account almost immediately.

All good so far. Well as good as it gets for a while.
mickesheee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 03:36 AM   #27
humanlab
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 4
Re: Options for Australian Players

Hi mickesheee how were the fees etc using those markets/wallets for bitcoin?

I purchased my bitcoin at btcmarkets and my wallet is blockchain. I went to put $1000US into the account and when it got there it was only around $950US.

My fees were: $3.5 to put money in btcmarkets, and <$1 to transfer.

It seems to me the place I'm loosing money is the value of BTC is different in btcmarkets and blockchain. So hopefully it goes in my favour when I transfer the other way.

Has anyone else experienced this?
humanlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:16 AM   #28
mickesheee
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sydnaneeeeee
Posts: 23
Re: Options for Australian Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanlab View Post
Hi mickesheee how were the fees etc using those markets/wallets for bitcoin?

I purchased my bitcoin at btcmarkets and my wallet is blockchain. I went to put $1000US into the account and when it got there it was only around $950US.

My fees were: $3.5 to put money in btcmarkets, and <$1 to transfer.

It seems to me the place I'm loosing money is the value of BTC is different in btcmarkets and blockchain. So hopefully it goes in my favour when I transfer the other way.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Hi humanlab,

I think I paid 5% also. I only put in $100 to try it out and it became $95.
From what I can make out is that if you are prepared to wait a few days the fees can be much lower. If you want to do it straight away you pay 5%. Don't hold me to this as I am a btc newbie and it is only what I have worked out after a few hours of research.
mickesheee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:24 AM   #29
mirage01
old hand
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,604
Re: Options for Australian Players

Yes about 5% for me as well until I got it on ignition. Have not it drawn yet.
mirage01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 02:23 AM   #30
humanlab
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 4
Re: Options for Australian Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickesheee View Post
Hi humanlab,

I think I paid 5% also. I only put in $100 to try it out and it became $95.
From what I can make out is that if you are prepared to wait a few days the fees can be much lower. If you want to do it straight away you pay 5%. Don't hold me to this as I am a btc newbie and it is only what I have worked out after a few hours of research.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage01 View Post
Yes about 5% for me as well until I got it on ignition. Have not it drawn yet.
Cheers Guys
humanlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:24 AM   #31
feel wrath
self-banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: lost on the turn
Posts: 14,821
Re: Options for Australian Players

nobody has mentioned the Chinese website for cash game players? assume people know about that
feel wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:34 AM   #32
mickesheee
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sydnaneeeeee
Posts: 23
Re: Options for Australian Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by feel wrath View Post
nobody has mentioned the Chinese website for cash game players? assume people know about that
Nope. Tell us all about it please.
mickesheee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:41 AM   #33
feel wrath
self-banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: lost on the turn
Posts: 14,821
Re: Options for Australian Players

Poker Master - you'll need to find somebody who is registered and play as an affiliate through them because it's Chinese only. 1 table per screen, so you'll need to have multiple ipads.
feel wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:23 AM   #34
hublot
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 189
Re: Options for Australian Players

Are you talking about Jao Poker?
hublot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:37 PM   #35
kahntrutahn
Minbet Millionaire
 
kahntrutahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Slowly improving my website.
Posts: 7,589
Re: Options for Australian Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by hublot View Post
Are you talking about Jao Poker?
Jao Poker is as shady as they come. Stay away from it if you value your money. Todd Witteles has looked into them, I've looked into them, and while we disagree on a number of topics, we both came to the conclusion that Jao should be avoided.

--
Kahn
kahntrutahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 07:23 PM   #36
mirage01
old hand
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,604
Re: Options for Australian Players

have to be retarded to play on those dodgy asian sites.
mirage01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:15 AM   #37
feel wrath
self-banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: lost on the turn
Posts: 14,821
Re: Options for Australian Players

It's not called Jao Poker, it's called Poker Master. No complaints so far from the 15-20 people I know who are playing on it
feel wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:43 AM   #38
SwoopAE
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SwoopAE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I AM CAPITAO
Posts: 18,053
Re: Options for Australian Players

Poker Master - Chinese app, lots of affiliates. Haven't played there myself and can't speak to games or software etc. but people I know who play there seem happy with it.

Poker Monster - you have to buy/sell chips through brokers. Affiliated with WPT somehow and run WPT Asia sats, also a chinese site. Technically 'play money' but chips have agreed upon buy/sell rate to brokers which is stable at about 100k to 1 usd, mtt/cash buyins reflect that rate. Games seem good. Cashed out 8k or so w no issue a couple months ago when I won two WPT seats and sold them to other players on the site (1% vig or so to move money to/from site). Software is actually quite decent.

ACR - Previously mentioned in thread. Not the best reputation but a lot of people play there. I don't personally although I may in future.

SWCpoker - Haven't played there for several months, but reputable Bitcoin poker site. Low traffic, but also low rake/nice range of game selection.

Ignition - haven't played there myself but have friends who do in the US. Anonymous tables, decent traffic. Intend to start playing there myself when Stars leaves aus market.

I think those are our 5 main options at the moment unless i'm forgetting anything. There are some other bitcoin sites too but i'm not very familiar with them.

Obviously it would not be recommended to leave more money than you actively need to play with on any of the sites.

Last edited by Mike Haven; 09-06-2017 at 01:31 PM.
SwoopAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:55 PM   #39
Lazza61
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 30
Re: Options for Australian Players

There will still be plenty of other options.

I would expect some smaller skins on iPoker and MPN to stay. I have heard nothing from NetBet and Winner (iPoker).

I have an account at Tigergaming which I haven't used in over 12 months. I have recently started receiving promotional emails from them including a $109 ticket to their monthly 100k GTD.

My old Cake/WinCake account has been ported to Juicy Stakes (Horizon Network). They have recently started running Australian only MTTs. These would probably also be available by other skins on that network.

As a long term moderator on another forum with a large European membership, I may be able to give some insights into the prospect of ISP blocking.

Over the last few years, several European governments have attempted to block access to sites they consider illegal. This only has the effect of blocking the website, blocking new downloads and updates to existing clients. as well as browser-based play.

Players continued to play without restriction and either used a VPN for the purposes of updating the client and/or checking the webpage for upcoming promotions/rakerace results etc. In one case, WilliamHill were providing a non blocked link to one country's players so that they could update the client, however this was a grey market and we are now black.

We should still be able to play at any room that uses client-based software and does not actively block us, so it would be unnecessay to use a VPN for anything except updating the client or visiting the webpage.
Lazza61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:50 PM   #40
feel wrath
self-banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: lost on the turn
Posts: 14,821
Re: Options for Australian Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
Poker Master - Chinese app, lots of affiliates. Haven't played there myself and can't speak to games or software etc. but people I know who play there seem happy with it.

Poker Monster - you have to buy/sell chips through brokers. Affiliated with WPT somehow and run WPT Asia sats, also a chinese site. Technically 'play money' but chips have agreed upon buy/sell rate to brokers which is stable at about 100k to 1 usd, mtt/cash buyins reflect that rate. Games seem good. Cashed out 8k or so w no issue a couple months ago when I won two WPT seats and sold them to other players on the site (1% vig or so to move money to/from site). Software is actually quite decent.

ACR - Previously mentioned in thread. Not the best reputation but a lot of people play there. I don't personally although I may in future.

SWCpoker - Haven't played there for several months, but reputable Bitcoin poker site. Low traffic, but also low rake/nice range of game selection.

Ignition - haven't played there myself but have friends who do in the US. Anonymous tables, decent traffic. Intend to start playing there myself when Stars leaves aus market.

I think those are our 5 main options at the moment unless i'm forgetting anything. There are some other bitcoin sites too but i'm not very familiar with them.

Obviously it would not be recommended to leave more money than you actively need to play with on any of the sites.

this is A1 awesome, thanks Swoop.

Of the above, how many involve crypto transactions and how many can be done with straight cash homie?
feel wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:19 AM   #41
Harambee
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 73
Re: Options for Australian Players

Time for a bump.

For someone who has never used Skrill/Netellter/Bitcoin etc. what do I need to know. I'm looking to distribute my Stars roll across a few sites and take it from there.
Harambee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 01:46 PM   #42
kahntrutahn
Minbet Millionaire
 
kahntrutahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Slowly improving my website.
Posts: 7,589
Re: Options for Australian Players

Say goodbye to Stars



--
Kahn
kahntrutahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:38 PM   #43
tassie
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 75
Re: Options for Australian Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harambee View Post
Time for a bump.

For someone who has never used Skrill/Netellter/Bitcoin etc. what do I need to know. I'm looking to distribute my Stars roll across a few sites and take it from there.
Simple to set up Neteller or Skrill. Same company. Upload a photo of the front and back of your license and a utility bill.

Botcoin needs a little more research. There are plenty of threads explaining it better than I can.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
tassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:18 AM   #44
mrchopsy
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 88
What poker sites can Australian players play at now?

Hello,

As some people would have heard, the Australian parliament recently passed the Interactive Gambling Amendment Bill, meaning that Australians can no longer play at real money tables on most of the big online poker sites.

Are there any online poker sites still allowing Australians to play on their site?
If so, which of these sites would be the best to play on?

I have looked online for information on this topic, but I have found barely anything. Surely I'm not the only Australian online poker player looking for an alternative poker room lol?

Peace!
mrchopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:33 AM   #45
ka1z0ku
journeyman
 
ka1z0ku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Crown - Melbourne
Posts: 290
Re: What poker sites can Australian players play at now?

Black Chip have openly said they offer their service to Australians and so we can sign up with our actual Australian postcode. HM2 is supported there and it's looks like a good site.
ka1z0ku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:45 AM   #46
The Imp
adept
 
The Imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,132
Re: What poker sites can Australian players play at now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchopsy View Post
Hello,

As some people would have heard, the Australian parliament recently passed the Interactive Gambling Amendment Bill, meaning that Australians can no longer play at real money tables on most of the big online poker sites.

Are there any online poker sites still allowing Australians to play on their site?
If so, which of these sites would be the best to play on?

I have looked online for information on this topic, but I have found barely anything. Surely I'm not the only Australian online poker player looking for an alternative poker room lol?

Peace!
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/2...ayers-1683101/
The Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:25 PM   #47
kahntrutahn
Minbet Millionaire
 
kahntrutahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Slowly improving my website.
Posts: 7,589
Re: Options for Australian Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by feel wrath View Post
It's not called Jao Poker, it's called Poker Master.
Jao Poker Network should be avoided. It is a multi-level marketing sham mixed up with a poker site. Lots of red flags.

--
Kahn
kahntrutahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:27 PM   #48
kahntrutahn
Minbet Millionaire
 
kahntrutahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Slowly improving my website.
Posts: 7,589
Re: What poker sites can Australian players play at now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchopsy View Post
Hello,

As some people would have heard, the Australian parliament recently passed the Interactive Gambling Amendment Bill, meaning that Australians can no longer play at real money tables on most of the big online poker sites.

Are there any online poker sites still allowing Australians to play on their site?
If so, which of these sites would be the best to play on?

I have looked online for information on this topic, but I have found barely anything. Surely I'm not the only Australian online poker player looking for an alternative poker room lol?

Peace!
I'm currently recommending Pai Wang Luo Network (Ignition Poker), Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True), Chico Poker Network (Tiger Gaming, Sportsbetting, Betonline), Horizon Network (Intertops) as the best choices. They are all rooms that started serving US players well post Black Friday and are generally well liked on these forums.

--
Kahn
kahntrutahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:31 AM   #49
dloneunit
grinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 619
Re: What poker sites can Australian players play at now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahntrutahn View Post
I'm currently recommending Pai Wang Luo Network (Ignition Poker), Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True), Chico Poker Network (Tiger Gaming, Sportsbetting, Betonline), Horizon Network (Intertops) as the best choices. They are all rooms that started serving US players well post Black Friday and are generally well liked on these forums.

--
Kahn
Thanks for this, I have tried depositing into ACR but its not working no matter how many things I have tried to do to fix it, I'm assuming i'd have trouble with the others on the WPN as well. I'll definitely look at the other sites though.

Since I am a recreational player and play micro stakes think I'm not sure the what the tournament schedule is like anyone have an idea? I probably play an abi of $2 but maxing at maybe 5.50-7.50 depending on the tournament.
dloneunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:44 AM   #50
TonnaMunz
 
TonnaMunz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Outdoors
Posts: 2,658
Re: What poker sites can Australian players play at now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dloneunit View Post
Thanks for this, I have tried depositing into ACR but its not working no matter how many things I have tried to do to fix it, I'm assuming i'd have trouble with the others on the WPN as well. I'll definitely look at the other sites though.

Since I am a recreational player and play micro stakes think I'm not sure the what the tournament schedule is like anyone have an idea? I probably play an abi of $2 but maxing at maybe 5.50-7.50 depending on the tournament.
WPN is the name of the network, ACR is the skin that u use if you play there from the US, BCP and pokerking are the skins for the ROW players aka Australia (they are all playing the same games in USD on the Winning poker network)
TonnaMunz is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online