Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Internet Poker Discussions of Internet poker venues, including RB & bonuses.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2018, 11:37 AM   #26
GreySnowPoker
GreySnowPoker Rep
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 33
Re: Official GreySnowPoker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirin View Post
Do you accept customers from Ireland?
Hi Sirin, this is currently being looked at, but for the time being the answer is no. However, this may change in the very near future.
GreySnowPoker is offline  
Old 11-28-2018, 11:39 AM   #27
GreySnowPoker
GreySnowPoker Rep
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 33
Re: Official GreySnowPoker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by softcake View Post
Hi greysnowpoker,

What happens if you sit on a table and you leave after nobody has joined? Do you have to pay the 3% fee?
Hi softcake,

There is no fee charged for sitting and not playing a hand. You are only charged after you are dealt a hand.

We understand that there may be some edge-case scenarios where you may sit and play one hand and the player leaves right away. If a player is consistently doing this to others, we have policies in place to protect the integrity of our games and prevent this behavior.

Moreover, if this does happen to an affected player our customer support team will definitely take care of them
GreySnowPoker is offline  
Old 11-28-2018, 11:55 AM   #28
JossoDee
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 227
Re: Official GreySnowPoker Thread

What's your affiliation with WPN since you're using their software?
JossoDee is offline  
Old 11-28-2018, 10:33 PM   #29
BigBananas
adept
 
BigBananas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: selling USD
Posts: 728
Re: Official GreySnowPoker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreySnowPoker View Post
Sorry BigBananas, it seems it was recently changed to block Cambodia from our allowed country list due to multiple reasons.

We operate in a lot of the 'grey' markets where laws don't prohibit online gambling and the like. As mentioned previously, I would like to set up a page on our site to cascade this information appropriately.

Thanks for your understanding.
can i register from Thailand address but play in Cambodia/cambodia IP?
BigBananas is offline  
Old 11-29-2018, 03:44 AM   #30
GreySnowPoker
GreySnowPoker Rep
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 33
Re: Official GreySnowPoker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JossoDee View Post
What's your affiliation with WPN since you're using their software?
Hi JossoDee, we are not affiliated with WPN and are not part of their network. We don't run on a network and are instead growing our own player base from scratch!

In terms of the software, it is clear we are using a white label. However the relationship with our white label provider is unique and you will hear more about this in the coming weeks!
GreySnowPoker is offline  
Old 11-29-2018, 03:47 AM   #31
GreySnowPoker
GreySnowPoker Rep
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 33
Re: Official GreySnowPoker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBananas View Post
can i register from Thailand address but play in Cambodia/cambodia IP?
Hi BigBananas, unfortunately we cannot accept players from Cambodia at this time.

If you are from Thailand and have a home address there, I would suggest registering an account when you are back in Thailand and playing from there.

Sorry I can't help any more on this issue at this time.
GreySnowPoker is offline  
Old 11-29-2018, 04:48 AM   #32
pucmo
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Euro
Posts: 1,042
Re: Official GreySnowPoker Thread

I have issues with a 30% tax (non-EU winnings), not being able to pick my times (I like to come and go as I see fit), paying rake from buy-ins (?) and being dependent on the table not breaking, also considering that heads up and supershort could be quite usual and sensible here.
pucmo is offline  
Old 11-29-2018, 07:42 AM   #33
MacauBound
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Getting killed in the kill
Posts: 1,759
Re: Official GreySnowPoker Thread

I respect the creativity w the service fee rake policy. Iíll be interested to hear how situations are handled when like a rec looking to blast off w his last $345.20 at a 100bb 1k nl table decides to play 3 hands and leaves after winning $10. The person holding lobby might end up paying $10/hand in rake.

I think limit players could get a lot of utility out of the service fee model. Iím US and canít play but Iíd recommend not neglecting lhe, stud8, and lo8 players. It is hard enough to sign up new players on sites w no country restrictions. And you guys are restricting 2 huge markets. But if the rake model has staying poker, then even if GreySnowPoker isnít successful, thereís been a contribution to the poker world that could be possibly used by many sites. Iíll def root for u cuz it seems like you guys have put in real effort apparently, to try and solve the 64k question of whatís an amount of rake that satisfies both the players needs and the siteís needs. Gl
MacauBound is offline  
Old 11-29-2018, 09:33 AM   #34
Josem
human chemical weapon
 
Josem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Getting Trolled
Posts: 17,788
Re: Official GreySnowPoker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacauBound View Post
I respect the creativity w the service fee rake policy. Iíll be interested to hear how situations are handled when like a rec looking to blast off w his last $345.20 at a 100bb 1k nl table decides to play 3 hands and leaves after winning $10. The person holding lobby might end up paying $10/hand in rake.
The whole point of the system is to get away from charging rake per hand. Of course, if you then convert the "not rake per hand" into "rake per hand" then there will be differences in different situations.
Josem is offline  
Old 11-29-2018, 12:37 PM   #35
pucmo
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Euro
Posts: 1,042
Re: Official GreySnowPoker Thread

Did they block the whole EU? Finland is blocked and we have no regulations and can play virtually anywhere.

I see this when I visit their website:

"Country Blocked

Thank you for your interest in GreySnowPoker. It looks like the country youíre trying to play from doesnít allow real money online poker. Unfortunately, thereís nothing we can do about this now.

Please check back again as we are continuously working on achieving the necessary licensing agreements to facilitate players across the globe.

Thanks,
GreySnowPoker Team"

Grey Snow?

The Tor browser got to see their front page the second try but got an error 400 and the links didn't work.
pucmo is offline  
Old 11-29-2018, 03:28 PM   #36
Gzesh
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UTG
Posts: 4,930
Re: Official GreySnowPoker Thread

Good to see you got your act together.

This may prove an interesting wrinkle ... "GreySnowPoker.com is operated by the Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma with the servers located on their sovereign land and regulated by the Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma Gaming Commission. "

I believe you are on good ground as you do not take US business. Glad to see a tribe with the cojones to test an international reach from tribal lands, as opposed to all the States who are scared to open up their State player pools to international traffic.

(Relevance: There is no federal barrier to State licensed poker operations, in Nevada, New Jersey or wherever, from combining liquidity with properly licensed international operators, from the Isle of Man or elsewhere.)

How is your payment processing faring ?
Gzesh is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 05:58 AM   #37
RaiseToSurvive
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 23
Re: Official GreySnowPoker Thread

Saw the new mtts on the lobby. You need more guaranteed tournaments it attracts more players.
RaiseToSurvive is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 09:21 AM   #38
GreySnowPoker
GreySnowPoker Rep
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 33
Re: Official GreySnowPoker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucmo View Post
Did they block the whole EU? Finland is blocked and we have no regulations and can play virtually anywhere.

I see this when I visit their website:

"Country Blocked

Thank you for your interest in GreySnowPoker. It looks like the country youíre trying to play from doesnít allow real money online poker. Unfortunately, thereís nothing we can do about this now.

Please check back again as we are continuously working on achieving the necessary licensing agreements to facilitate players across the globe.

Thanks,
GreySnowPoker Team"

Grey Snow?

The Tor browser got to see their front page the second try but got an error 400 and the links didn't work.

Hi Pucmo, I escalated this matter and Finland is now open for play!




Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBananas View Post
can i register from Thailand address but play in Cambodia/cambodia IP?
Hi BigBananas, I also escalated this and Cambodia is now open for play!
GreySnowPoker is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 09:44 AM   #39
GreySnowPoker
GreySnowPoker Rep
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 33
Re: Official GreySnowPoker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacauBound View Post
I respect the creativity w the service fee rake policy. Iíll be interested to hear how situations are handled when like a rec looking to blast off w his last $345.20 at a 100bb 1k nl table decides to play 3 hands and leaves after winning $10. The person holding lobby might end up paying $10/hand in rake.

I think limit players could get a lot of utility out of the service fee model. Iím US and canít play but Iíd recommend not neglecting lhe, stud8, and lo8 players. It is hard enough to sign up new players on sites w no country restrictions. And you guys are restricting 2 huge markets. But if the rake model has staying poker, then even if GreySnowPoker isnít successful, thereís been a contribution to the poker world that could be possibly used by many sites. Iíll def root for u cuz it seems like you guys have put in real effort apparently, to try and solve the 64k question of whatís an amount of rake that satisfies both the players needs and the siteís needs. Gl
Thanks MacauBound. You are right, we definitely do not have the puzzle solved, however we are open to change, feedback and whatever comes our way to make this better for the players.

There will be pros and cons depending on the situation, but we think overall the system works better for the players with a service fee.

I think it is clear the service-fee does not support hitting and running type play, and instead promotes more value to players who want to stay and play more than 3 hands.

Even then, we think the service-fee is very generous. Sitting down with $200 at a 1/2 game, the max rake we take from that specific buy-in is $6, and given our loyalty program $2 of that is given back instantly.

Thus a total of $4 is taken as a sort of 'admission price' to play unlimited # of hands, which we believe is a great experience for all at the tables. We want players to compete and beat other players, not to try and survive and beat the rake.

Thanks for your support!
GreySnowPoker is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 09:54 AM   #40
GreySnowPoker
GreySnowPoker Rep
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 33
Re: Official GreySnowPoker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzesh View Post
Good to see you got your act together.

This may prove an interesting wrinkle ... "GreySnowPoker.com is operated by the Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma with the servers located on their sovereign land and regulated by the Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma Gaming Commission. "

I believe you are on good ground as you do not take US business. Glad to see a tribe with the cojones to test an international reach from tribal lands, as opposed to all the States who are scared to open up their State player pools to international traffic.

(Relevance: There is no federal barrier to State licensed poker operations, in Nevada, New Jersey or wherever, from combining liquidity with properly licensed international operators, from the Isle of Man or elsewhere.)

How is your payment processing faring ?

Thanks Gzesh for your support! We are in the process of adding more payment processors, new options should be coming out in the next week or two. Right now I would say Muc****ter is the best option for our players.



Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiseToSurvive View Post
Saw the new mtts on the lobby. You need more guaranteed tournaments it attracts more players.
Thanks for the feedback RaiseToSurvive. I agree with you that we need more guarantees and bigger guarantees. All of our guarantees right now have substantial overlay.

Our new MTT schedule is not fully fleshed out yet, but the plan is definitely to add more in the very near future.

Growth is definitely a challenge for us at this time considering that we are building our player base from scratch and not joining a poker network.

Thanks for your support.
GreySnowPoker is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 11:28 AM   #41
PokerPlayingGamble
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2,931
Re: Official GreySnowPoker Thread

more deposit options would be nice
PokerPlayingGamble is offline  
Old 12-08-2018, 10:36 PM   #42
delfins
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 379
Re: Official GreySnowPoker Thread

I want make suggestion what in my opinion would allow grey snow poker improve.

I have been playing different rooms over years and one thing what have made my cashier experiance much easier is that poker room save up payment method information after deposit, not making user enter payment infromation everytime withdrawing and risking entering it wrong by accident.

If someone withdraw and mistype payment method by 1 letter/digit it might be sent to wrong wallet.
With grey snow poker you can't even double check via cashier if you did not mistype after making withdraw as it don't show that information anywhere.

Is there way to check if someone did not mistype something after making withdraw? Are withdraws even processed if they are not to same payement wallet as deposits came from?

Last edited by delfins; 12-08-2018 at 10:45 PM.
delfins is offline  
Old 12-09-2018, 08:54 AM   #43
delfins
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 379
Re: Official GreySnowPoker Thread

Can you please define theses terms:
Quote:
Any of the following will be considered an illegal or prohibited activity and are therefore not permitted under any circumstances:

Use of any external assistance, whether another person or any software/technology;
What is "any software", can i run tracking software like holdem manager/ Poker tracking during grey snow poker being open?
delfins is offline  
Old 12-09-2018, 04:12 PM   #44
GreySnowPoker
GreySnowPoker Rep
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 33
Re: Official GreySnowPoker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfins View Post
I want make suggestion what in my opinion would allow grey snow poker improve.

I have been playing different rooms over years and one thing what have made my cashier experiance much easier is that poker room save up payment method information after deposit, not making user enter payment infromation everytime withdrawing and risking entering it wrong by accident.

If someone withdraw and mistype payment method by 1 letter/digit it might be sent to wrong wallet.
With grey snow poker you can't even double check via cashier if you did not mistype after making withdraw as it don't show that information anywhere.

Is there way to check if someone did not mistype something after making withdraw? Are withdraws even processed if they are not to same payement wallet as deposits came from?
Hi Delfins, thanks for the suggestions, everything you said has made sense and I will discuss this with our dev team as a future implementation.

We only withdraw payments to the same processor that it was deposited from. We have security protocols in place to ensure that these withdrawals are declined if they are going to a different payment method.




Quote:
Originally Posted by delfins View Post
Can you please define theses terms:


What is "any software", can i run tracking software like holdem manager/ Poker tracking during grey snow poker being open?
Basically any computer software outside our poker client is not allowed during in-game play. Many programs/software provides far too much information during in-game play, so we simply a blanket ban on all for the time being.
GreySnowPoker is offline  
Old 12-09-2018, 06:14 PM   #45
delfins
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 379
Re: Official GreySnowPoker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreySnowPoker View Post
Basically any computer software outside our poker client is not allowed during in-game play. Many programs/software provides far too much information during in-game play, so we simply a blanket ban on all for the time being.
Can you clerify specifically holdem manager 2/Poker tracker 4 as it by far most used software in poker community? (probably not even close most used softwares and might be used with other rooms while mixing them with grey snow poker with no bad intentions). For example GGnetwork not allow and not support major software HUD but allow hm2/pt4 being runned in other rooms while GGnetwork software is running.
I would think almost anyone understand that you can't use softwares like PIOsolver, GTO+, pokersnowie, icmizer or cardrunnersEV during play as they teoretically can solve hands in real time, we are talking about HUD/replayer software.

I mean you are running poker software what automatically put out hm2/pt4 acceptable hand histories in folder and major softwares is showing HUD for them. (If you don't allow HUD maybe it would be good to stop putting out exact WPN hand histories for theses softwares to work with same they work in WPN rooms)
Also worldpokerdeals in this link (not trying advertise, please remove link if not ok) show "HM / PT / H2N support" and under software "Trackers are supported by the room.". If it not true you might want talk with one of major affiliate sites out there.

Then again can you specify about theses before anyone get banned because they used HUD in room who use WPN hand histories --
Can anyone use theses specific software like hm2/pt4 HUD with room? Can anyone run theses specific HUD/replayer softwares on different rooms while mixing them with grey snow poker?

Last edited by delfins; 12-09-2018 at 06:22 PM.
delfins is offline  
Old 12-14-2018, 05:09 PM   #46
GreySnowPoker
GreySnowPoker Rep
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 33
Re: Official GreySnowPoker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfins View Post
Can you clerify specifically holdem manager 2/Poker tracker 4 as it by far most used software in poker community? (probably not even close most used softwares and might be used with other rooms while mixing them with grey snow poker with no bad intentions). For example GGnetwork not allow and not support major software HUD but allow hm2/pt4 being runned in other rooms while GGnetwork software is running.
I would think almost anyone understand that you can't use softwares like PIOsolver, GTO+, pokersnowie, icmizer or cardrunnersEV during play as they teoretically can solve hands in real time, we are talking about HUD/replayer software.

I mean you are running poker software what automatically put out hm2/pt4 acceptable hand histories in folder and major softwares is showing HUD for them. (If you don't allow HUD maybe it would be good to stop putting out exact WPN hand histories for theses softwares to work with same they work in WPN rooms)
Also worldpokerdeals in this link (not trying advertise, please remove link if not ok) show "HM / PT / H2N support" and under software "Trackers are supported by the room.". If it not true you might want talk with one of major affiliate sites out there.

Then again can you specify about theses before anyone get banned because they used HUD in room who use WPN hand histories --
Can anyone use theses specific software like hm2/pt4 HUD with room? Can anyone run theses specific HUD/replayer softwares on different rooms while mixing them with grey snow poker?

Hi Delfins, yes HM2/PT4 are supported by our poker client - no one will be banned for using said software. We are more concerned with other third-party software being used such as the ones you mentioned.
GreySnowPoker is offline  
Old 12-14-2018, 06:37 PM   #47
delfins
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 379
Re: Official GreySnowPoker Thread

Thanks for clarifying it.
Really enjoying room so far.
delfins is offline  
Old 12-14-2018, 06:40 PM   #48
GreySnowPoker
GreySnowPoker Rep
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 33
Re: Official GreySnowPoker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfins View Post
Thanks for clarifying it.
Really enjoying room so far.
Thanks Delfins!

We are expanding our Tournament schedule starting December 17th, with nearly double the guarantees and tournaments. Hope you enjoy them!

https://www.greysnowpoker.com/en/hel...ment-schedule/
GreySnowPoker is offline  
Old 12-14-2018, 07:30 PM   #49
Joachim_grey
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 3
Re: Official GreySnowPoker Thread

Playing on GreySnow for a few days now and over all Iīm pretty happy about the new Site. The rakesystem is great if your grinding long sessions and even in small sessions you pay overall less rake then if you get raked hand by hand.

But i can imagin recs would feel bad if they leave a table with 200$ and ther is a big red message that reads: "your paying 6$ if you leave now"
Ofcourse they would have payed maybe 25$ with a "normal" rake structur but on other sites they just take it from every pot. Ther is no massage and it happens so fast nobody even noticing that another 3$ get raked.

And heres something to improve. The Hand replayer is not working atleast for me. I can see the last hand but i cant watch the hands befor. Sometimes you wanna rewatch the 2nd or 3rd last hand but they are just gone. And the "replay system" allways says: "errors found in some games, they are not shown"
Joachim_grey is offline  
Old 12-14-2018, 08:22 PM   #50
GreySnowPoker
GreySnowPoker Rep
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 33
Re: Official GreySnowPoker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim_grey View Post
Playing on GreySnow for a few days now and over all Iīm pretty happy about the new Site. The rakesystem is great if your grinding long sessions and even in small sessions you pay overall less rake then if you get raked hand by hand.

But i can imagin recs would feel bad if they leave a table with 200$ and ther is a big red message that reads: "your paying 6$ if you leave now"
Ofcourse they would have payed maybe 25$ with a "normal" rake structur but on other sites they just take it from every pot. Ther is no massage and it happens so fast nobody even noticing that another 3$ get raked.

And heres something to improve. The Hand replayer is not working atleast for me. I can see the last hand but i cant watch the hands befor. Sometimes you wanna rewatch the 2nd or 3rd last hand but they are just gone. And the "replay system" allways says: "errors found in some games, they are not shown"
Thanks Joachim_grey, much appreciate you trying our site and giving the feedback!

You are absolutely right about your concerns about recs feeling bad, but we hope that the poker community is educated enough about these issues that they would understand the amount they have saved at the table! I think altering the service-fee message to something more educational could have an impact. I will discuss this with the team.

Regarding the hand replayer issue, I'll escalate to the tech team and see what they say. Thank you for pointing this out to us.
GreySnowPoker is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online