Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Internet Poker Discussions of Internet poker venues, including RB & bonuses.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 10:43 PM   #5076
TheGift&TheCurse
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 525
Re: **The New and Official 888poker Players' Thread**

woah. guys. 888 holdings is only trading at $164/share where do you expect them to find the resources to make these relatively simple changes? their market share may be surging and they may effectively have a monopoly on the upcoming US market but lets give their owners a little credit. they all need to have a few islands each before we can sit out at BB 100% of the time or get one of those shiny waiting lists

(gl responding to this 888rep. will be shocked if you even try)
TheGift&TheCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:27 AM   #5077
Meth Damon
centurion
 
Meth Damon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: The lab.
Posts: 125
Re: **The New and Official 888poker Players' Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomWasRight View Post
Rep, the "Sit out next BB"-Button only works 2/3rd of the time, which is super annoying, and cost quite a bit of money. Mostly when a table is about to break, and the player in front of me is decides not to post any more blind, it handles the BB over to me and I autopost, even though I checkmarked "Sit out next BB".

Could u please put this on the list, so hopefully this can be fixed within the next 10 years. Tx
This is a known bug at Stars too and they have no intention of fixing it. It's annoying but have to deal with it. Can't you just uncheck the autopost blind box when you click sitout next bb?
Meth Damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:48 AM   #5078
MomWasRight
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 372
Re: **The New and Official 888poker Players' Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meth Damon View Post
This is a known bug at Stars too and they have no intention of fixing it. It's annoying but have to deal with it. Can't you just uncheck the autopost blind box when you click sitout next bb?
Sure, from now on I will just uncheck the "autopost".
MomWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #5079
kick2dante
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,792
Re: **The New and Official 888poker Players' Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomWasRight View Post
Rep, the "Sit out next BB"-Button only works 2/3rd of the time, which is super annoying, and cost quite a bit of money. Mostly when a table is about to break, and the player in front of me is decides not to post any more blind, it handles the BB over to me and I autopost, even though I checkmarked "Sit out next BB".

Could u please put this on the list, so hopefully this can be fixed within the next 10 years. Tx

also the "wait for bb" thing only works 2/3 the time and when it doesnt we have to post bb and sb behind the button


i bet this site costs me $20+ a day with all the lil posting issues or by telling me a seat is open and closing out a table you just posted at only to go to your new table and not actually have a seat


very very annoying and should be such simple things to fix
kick2dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #5080
888Rep
Official 888Poker Representative
 
888Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,493
Re: **The New and Official 888poker Players' Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomWasRight View Post
Rep, the "Sit out next BB"-Button only works 2/3rd of the time, which is super annoying, and cost quite a bit of money. Mostly when a table is about to break, and the player in front of me is decides not to post any more blind, it handles the BB over to me and I autopost, even though I checkmarked "Sit out next BB".

Could u please put this on the list, so hopefully this can be fixed within the next 10 years. Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnieAA View Post
And a related anomaly when a player who would post the big blind decides to sit out leaving just two players: The current hand needs to be cancelled and the SB returned to the non-button player. Then the HU blinds would get posted properly. Currently, the button ends up posting the BB, which is incorrect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kick2dante View Post
also the "wait for bb" thing only works 2/3 the time and when it doesnt we have to post bb and sb behind the button


i bet this site costs me $20+ a day with all the lil posting issues or by telling me a seat is open and closing out a table you just posted at only to go to your new table and not actually have a seat


very very annoying and should be such simple things to fix

I will send your feedback over to them guys.

888rep
888Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #5081
grinderkk
journeyman
 
grinderkk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 207
Re: **The New and Official 888poker Players' Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by 888Rep View Post

I will send your feedback over to them guys.

888rep
Well dun mr 888 rep, keep up the good work.
Just think how screwed up 888 would be without you.
grinderkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:15 AM   #5082
suprafast
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 48
Re: **The New and Official 888poker Players' Thread**

Fix the wait list issues...FIX the wait list issues.... FIX THE WAIT LIST ISSUES!!!!

Its makin me CrAzzZzzZYYyYy!!!!!
suprafast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:42 AM   #5083
supernova01
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Russia
Posts: 155
Re: **The New and Official 888poker Players' Thread**

WTF all tables get closed, are u ****in kidin me?
supernova01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:43 AM   #5084
TimM846
Pooh-Bah
 
TimM846's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: betting kk into trup qq
Posts: 5,055
Re: **The New and Official 888poker Players' Thread**

lol wtf just happened
TimM846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:37 AM   #5085
GizYaChips
old hand
 
GizYaChips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: PG&C Thread!
Posts: 1,873
Re: **The New and Official 888poker Players' Thread**

Waited three days for a response to my account being disabled while in France. I got an email sent to me asking why my account was being used overseas and I explained to them straight away I was on holidays in England and using my account.

I also let them know I was going to be in France during some time and we both agreed it be disabled for that time just in case I forgot and logged on to play, which is the safe and
logical thing to do.

Three days ago I emailed them to re enable my account as I left France and still I've got no response but before when they were questioning my account it took them no more than a few hours to get on top of it. This meant I missed the Friday night, Saturday and Sunday sessions despite me firing off numerous emails asking for a response.

I don't understand the practices in place at 888. Your customer service is terrible, your structures are terrible, but your lucky the games are that soft or I'd stop playing there altogether. Pathetic.
GizYaChips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:39 AM   #5086
Hetsis
centurion
 
Hetsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: De Futura
Posts: 129
Re: **The New and Official 888poker Players' Thread**

Any news about the mac client?
Hetsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #5087
BRpokah
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetsis View Post
Any news about the mac client?
?? mac client is up and running
BRpokah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #5088
888Rep
Official 888Poker Representative
 
888Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,493
Re: **The New and Official 888poker Players' Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetsis View Post
Any news about the mac client?
Please see this,

http://www.888poker.com/poker-magazi...ker-on-mac.htm

888rep
888Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:01 PM   #5089
888Rep
Official 888Poker Representative
 
888Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,493
Re: **The New and Official 888poker Players' Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizYaChips View Post
Waited three days for a response to my account being disabled while in France. I got an email sent to me asking why my account was being used overseas and I explained to them straight away I was on holidays in England and using my account.

I also let them know I was going to be in France during some time and we both agreed it be disabled for that time just in case I forgot and logged on to play, which is the safe and
logical thing to do.

Three days ago I emailed them to re enable my account as I left France and still I've got no response but before when they were questioning my account it took them no more than a few hours to get on top of it. This meant I missed the Friday night, Saturday and Sunday sessions despite me firing off numerous emails asking for a response.

I don't understand the practices in place at 888. Your customer service is terrible, your structures are terrible, but your lucky the games are that soft or I'd stop playing there altogether. Pathetic.
PM me your 888poker username and I'll escalate the issue for you mate.
888Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #5090
888Rep
Official 888Poker Representative
 
888Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,493
Re: **The New and Official 888poker Players' Thread**

I posted an update before that I believe some of you may have missed; so I'll reiterate that we have managed to accelerate the waiting list fix. The Product Team are on it and as soon as I get more information on an expected release date I’ll update you. It will be very soon guys.
888Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #5091
888Rep
Official 888Poker Representative
 
888Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,493
Re: **The New and Official 888poker Players' Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick2dante View Post
also the "wait for bb" thing only works 2/3 the time and when it doesnt we have to post bb and sb behind the button


i bet this site costs me $20+ a day with all the lil posting issues or by telling me a seat is open and closing out a table you just posted at only to go to your new table and not actually have a seat


very very annoying and should be such simple things to fix
Hi mate,

I need some details from you to accelerate the investigation and eventual resolution to this BB issue; please provide me with:

1. Hand ID that this occurred in
2. Your 888poker username
3. Game type (Omaha, Hold 'em, etc)
4. Version you are playing on (press F4 when you are in the lobby to get this info)
5. Date and time (if you don't have the specific hand ID)

Feel free to PM these details to me.

Cheers!
888Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:19 AM   #5092
kick2dante
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,792
Re: **The New and Official 888poker Players' Thread**

i dont remember exactly these "small" issues happen 20 times a day


i will be playing and have 6 tables open and on the wait list for another, the new table will tell me its my turn to play and i only have 15 seconds to close out my old table and click take seat AND buy in and if all this isnt accomplished in 15 seconds i lose my new seat

so lets say the table i want to close out has me in the big blind and i have a hand i want to play......... i can either fold the hand instantly and not get my value for the round after posting my blind (not to mention the hand i want to play) or i can just pass on the table and go back to the end of the waitlist


but the worst cases are when you just fold the hand to go to the new table and either A) you dont make it in 15 seconds and they say "sorry this seat is reserved for another player" or B) the stupid wait list bug has told you that your seat is open even though it isnt, so now you cant get on a new table and your old seat is taken and you are stuck only playing 5 tables and wasting your blind


combine that with clicking "sit out next big blind" and it not working 1/3 of the time so you post even though you dont want to and also with clicking "wait for big blind" when new to a table and for whatever reason it not posting your big blind so you have to come in after the button AND having the stupid jackpot option that accidentally gets clicked when multitabling OR forces you to post the jackpot on your first hand if you dont untick post jackpot quick enough and maybe it costing me $20 a day is overstating it but im sure its over $10


here are the VERY EASY solutions that im sure everyone would agree would make it a better place


A) fix the wait list bug so we dont get told a seat is open when there is no seat open


B) give 1 minute to take your new seat......... if you feel 1 minute is to long for whatever reason fine but give us more than 15 seconds!


C) make sure the "sit out next bb" or "wait for bb" options actually work


D) dont pause 5 seconds between every hand on jackpot tables....... there already is a tickbox and anyone who wants to post it will have that ticked, 888 needs to realize that the jackpot tables only get like 2/3 the hands per hour the non jackpot tables get and this is a big reason why, i realize they make money on the jackpot but they are losing lots of money from rake


E) somewhere there should be a "I DONT WANT TO POST THE F"ING JACKPOT" button we can click to permanently disable it, nothing worse than playing a ton of tables and 30 minutes into a table come to realize you have been paying 50 cents a hand and not even knowing it, have an option to disable it in settings and if we decide we want to play the jackpot (lol) we can always go back and uncheck that




these are very very easy things that would make the gaming experience so much better for everyone
kick2dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:17 AM   #5093
Sebi
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 297
Re: **The New and Official 888poker Players' Thread**

did you fix the waitlist bug? i played a session without having it one time. i dont think that has happend anytime in the last years.
i hope it was not some strange coincidence...
Sebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:36 AM   #5094
888Rep
Official 888Poker Representative
 
888Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,493
Re: **The New and Official 888poker Players' Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizYaChips View Post
Waited three days for a response to my account being disabled while in France. I got an email sent to me asking why my account was being used overseas and I explained to them straight away I was on holidays in England and using my account.

I also let them know I was going to be in France during some time and we both agreed it be disabled for that time just in case I forgot and logged on to play, which is the safe and
logical thing to do.

Three days ago I emailed them to re enable my account as I left France and still I've got no response but before when they were questioning my account it took them no more than a few hours to get on top of it. This meant I missed the Friday night, Saturday and Sunday sessions despite me firing off numerous emails asking for a response.

I don't understand the practices in place at 888. Your customer service is terrible, your structures are terrible, but your lucky the games are that soft or I'd stop playing there altogether. Pathetic.
Cheers for sending the requested detail -your account has now been enabled mate.

Good luck in your games!
888Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:38 AM   #5095
888Rep
Official 888Poker Representative
 
888Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,493
Re: **The New and Official 888poker Players' Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebi View Post
did you fix the waitlist bug? i played a session without having it one time. i dont think that has happend anytime in the last years.
i hope it was not some strange coincidence...
It may just be a coincidence as I have not received an update yet; but I'll follow up in case it's not.
888Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #5096
kick2dante
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,792
Re: **The New and Official 888poker Players' Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick2dante View Post




here are the VERY EASY solutions that im sure everyone would agree would make it a better place


A) fix the wait list bug so we dont get told a seat is open when there is no seat open


B) give 1 minute to take your new seat......... if you feel 1 minute is to long for whatever reason fine but give us more than 15 seconds!


C) make sure the "sit out next bb" or "wait for bb" options actually work


D) dont pause 5 seconds between every hand on jackpot tables....... there already is a tickbox and anyone who wants to post it will have that ticked, 888 needs to realize that the jackpot tables only get like 2/3 the hands per hour the non jackpot tables get and this is a big reason why, i realize they make money on the jackpot but they are losing lots of money from rake


E) somewhere there should be a "I DONT WANT TO POST THE F"ING JACKPOT" button we can click to permanently disable it, nothing worse than playing a ton of tables and 30 minutes into a table come to realize you have been paying 50 cents a hand and not even knowing it, have an option to disable it in settings and if we decide we want to play the jackpot (lol) we can always go back and uncheck that




these are very very easy things that would make the gaming experience so much better for everyone

forgot to say make sure that the announcement that our seat is open actually pops up on our screen and doesnt just hide behind the tables
kick2dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #5097
Drewphish2
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 751
Re: **The New and Official 888poker Players' Thread**

How come HEM and HUD doesn't work for 888poker for me?


I went to settings and checked the hand history box and saved it.


I then autodetected and the only thing i have there is


C/User/Name/App Data/Roaming/pacificpoker/handhistory+ subfolders


The Name that is shown on the pacific poker file for saved hand history is


C/User/Name/App Data/Roaming/pacificpoker/handhistory


I also played some hands while starting HEM but it doesn't record anything...


Using HEM 1


I checked and i have to click on Make sure "Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drives" is checked.


Does this have to be done?


Then i see it says


"Hide Protected operating system files (Recommended) is unticked


Is this a must as well? When i unticked it, it said if you do this it might make your computer unoperatable and worried about this part.
Drewphish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #5098
Drewphish2
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 751
Re: **The New and Official 888poker Players' Thread**

fozzy mentioned

The pacific client has a change (bug?) where some of the hand history and tournament summary files are being written without any file extension (missing the .txt extensions). We fixed this in 7919 for HM2. Unfortunately it is not fixed in HM1 and I am not sure when it will be, or if it can.

If you PM me your email address I can issue you a 30 day trial of HM2 to try to make sure it is fixed for you in HM2 but at this point I don't know if it will be fixed in HM1.


Is he saying if i do those 2 things that is mentioned for HEM 1... it won't work at all?


Does this mean HEM 1 is useless for Pacificpoker then? It doesn't work for any format? Cash game, tourney, sng nothing?
Drewphish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #5099
GirT
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 150
7910 without HUD problems.
P.s currently not supported snap alfa client
GirT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #5100
ArnieAA
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 358
Re: **The New and Official 888poker Players' Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebi View Post
did you fix the waitlist bug? i played a session without having it one time. i dont think that has happend anytime in the last years.
i hope it was not some strange coincidence...
ditto. maybe, just maybe. do you really think?
ArnieAA is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online