Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Internet Poker Discussions of Internet poker venues, including RB & bonuses.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,400 35.02%
No 5,440 56.04%
Undecided 868 8.94%
Voters: 9708. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2020, 04:37 PM   #89376
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 49,945
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameTaken View Post
Which is irrelevant, like your whole existence. What is relevant is this: No matter who (even jebus h. christ himself) would tell you "Site X is 100% not rigged", a paranoid donkey like yourself would just scream "YOU ARE IN ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!11111"
Right, that's been clear with dacy since his first post here. He believes every site is rigged, and no matter what facts are shown to him, he'll just modify his beliefs to allow for those facts within his rig model. Or ignore them. It's always been a waste of time to interact with him in any serious fashion.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 06:16 PM   #89377
dacy
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 237
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
OK, starting hands are fine for you. Unfortunately other riggies say they are not fine. One went on about how pocket pairs are not dealt properly, so the spadebidder thing was not fine for him.

.............
There we go; one of the tricks of the trade: the other riggies say this and that. Who cares? It is your duty to attack riggies based on juxtaposing their varying beliefs. Do you have any argument on that the model I presented is impossible? Because if you had, we would have heard about it, and you would not have pretended dozens of times that you do not read what I say.

As I said many times, people see parts of the picture, but they all see something bothersome (as opposed to say live, where people are just fine with everything they see at the tables; yes, an occasional extraordinary hand happens, but no one feels bad about it; there must be a reason for that, simple). So contrasting various beliefs, based on varying strength of observations made by players with very different exposure to the rigs is a very weak approach. But keep diligently applying it; quantity matters to those who benefit from it, quality is impossible when you defend a lost cause.
dacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 07:08 PM   #89378
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,926
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacy View Post
There we go; one of the tricks of the trade: the other riggies say this and that. Who cares?
The other riggie does. That is a rig he believes in just as you believe in profiling. All of you ask to prove that things are not there that are literally not there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacy View Post
It is your duty to attack riggies based on juxtaposing their varying beliefs.
Hardly! I actively encourage to work with each other, but you riggies never do that for some reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacy View Post
Do you have any argument on that the model I presented is impossible? Because if you had, we would have heard about it, and you would not have pretended dozens of times that you do not read what I say.
The Lizard Man theory! I say Lizard Men do not exist, you say prove they do not exist, I say I have never seen proof they exist, and the only way you will be happy that I prove they do not exist is if I show that they do exist!

The reason why there is not a ton of people posting about how your beliefs are false (outside of this riggie thread) is because literally nobody knows or cares about them. They similarly do not post about how Lizard People from Neptune are fighting a raging war here to get into Uranus...


Quote:
Originally Posted by dacy View Post
As I said many times, people see parts of the picture, but they all see something bothersome (as opposed to say live, where people are just fine with everything they see at the tables
You better talk to these live poker are riggied riggies then...

"Live Poker Is Always Rigged" Riggie:

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/5...huffle-276002/

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8152840AAGeIp6

Live Poker in Georgia Back Rooms is Rigged Riggie:

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/5...neral-1500657/

Live Poker in Connecticut is Rigged Riggie:

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/2...58/?highlight=


and that is not counting all the people who insist the automatic shuffle machines are rigged .


Quote:
Originally Posted by dacy View Post
yes, an occasional extraordinary hand happens, but no one feels bad about it; there must be a reason for that
Really? Talk to this riggie then!


Quad Knob Riggie:

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/s...postcount=2985


Quote:
Originally Posted by dacy View Post
So contrasting various beliefs, based on varying strength of observations made by players with very different exposure to the rigs is a very weak approach.
That may be why riggies do not argue with each other about their rigs, but in the end they all ask people like me to prove them wrong, even when they have beliefs that are opposite to each other . You think a 15+ year losing player like you gets hit by a rig. Most riggies say you are the one that would be helped by a rig. Argue with them for once!


Quote:
Originally Posted by dacy View Post
But keep diligently applying it; quantity matters to those who benefit from it, quality is impossible when you defend a lost cause.
My suggestion to you is find other riggies to collaborate with and properly unify all your beliefs. Be the riggie leader that is needed in these crazy times. While you do that, continue to deposit and play. Thanks!

All the best.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:41 PM   #89379
Anon4567
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 145
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Why does this guy ^^^^ spend so much time spewing bs. Must have stake in the scam that is online poker.

I know one guy says he stakes, players probably has a stable and sits half at the same table. That's why I take nothing said here from these math guru's seriously.

Makes no sense why for years they even respond here. Why not let the "riggies" talk amongst themselves and create a thread where people can ask for your input. I assume it would die out quick.
Anon4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 09:00 PM   #89380
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,926
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon4567 View Post
Why does this guy ^^^^ spend so much time spewing bs. Must have stake in the scam that is online poker.
I get paid every time I post. You do not, so there you go, you are right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon4567 View Post
I know one guy says he stakes, players probably has a stable and sits half at the same table. That's why I take nothing said here from these math guru's seriously.
It is true - I put in over 10,000 people into last weeks Strom for instance to do just that. Again, your are totally correct - I am responsible for about 50% of the players on Pokerstars. Other riggies should believe you when you say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon4567 View Post
Makes no sense why for years they even respond here. Why not let the "riggies" talk amongst themselves and create a thread where people can ask for your input. I assume it would die out quick.
I have told riggies to do exactly that - they should work with each other. I suggest you send PMs to a variety of riggies here and create your own forum and work together. Some of the people in Politics did that to create their own echo chamber - riggies should definitely do the same. No doubt it would be a complete success - so you are right again, so get on it!

See, I told you that you were correct three times, and yet you will likely be annoyed. I also got paid to post this.

All the best.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 03:32 AM   #89381
Mike Haven
Moderotor of Moderots
 
Mike Haven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Self-flagellating re poor modding
Posts: 14,060
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon4567 View Post
... Why not let the "riggies" talk amongst themselves and create a thread where people can ask for your input. ...
The riggies appear to avoid answering each other's different suggestions of how sites could rig the deal, or even talking to each other - each thinking the other is a crazy - and the so-called shills give them valuable input as to how the many, sometimes opposite, ideas are either virtually impossible, unlikely or pointless, and certainly unproved by any sensible statistical analysis of hands played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon4567 View Post
... I assume it would die out quick.
That is not how online forums work, nor why they exist.
Mike Haven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 05:42 AM   #89382
dacy
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 237
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Haven View Post
The riggies appear to avoid answering each other's different suggestions of how sites could rig the deal, or even talking to each other - each thinking the other is a crazy - and the so-called shills give them valuable input as to how the many, sometimes opposite, ideas are either virtually impossible, unlikely or pointless, and certainly unproved by any sensible statistical analysis of hands played.
Mike, Mike, if you have nothing to say, then say it, do not invent stuff. I know the principle here is divide and conquer, although when applied by a master manipulator, it might look like "unite and work together". The fact is that you do not know what one person thinks about another; no one from the non-shill camp has ever said I am crazy, and I have not said it about any other rig believer. I do not ignore questions from people who believe online is rigged either. People are entitled to their opinions and I respect that, even if they try to explain why online is rigged in different ways; mind you, I can even listen to people who say online poker is not rigged without even spilling my coffee. As I said many times, what people observe are different sides of the rig. They try to rationalize what they observe with various degrees of success. Just because they see the big picture in different ways does not prove anything, and especially that there is no rig.
dacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 10:16 AM   #89383
NewOldGuy
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In the wires
Posts: 5,839
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacy View Post
Your favorite example. Of course spadebidder looked at starting hands mostly; nothing wrong there.
I believe the biggest study he did was about flops, with something like a billion of them evaluated. Not starting hands. Starting hand statistics have been looked at thousands of times because they are so readily available to everyone.
NewOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 06:27 PM   #89384
dacy
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 237
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldGuy View Post
I believe the biggest study he did was about flops, with something like a billion of them evaluated. Not starting hands. Starting hand statistics have been looked at thousands of times because they are so readily available to everyone.
Yeah flops; that is usually where the action happens, because the mark has enough equity to put their entire stack at work. Could be later. Any study on what happens after the flop? What happens after that is more interesting, because that is where marks lose and collecting accounts collect. Did spadebidder check hands collected by a particular account, or just a bunch of hands? It was the latter. Studies that involve both hands from collecting accounts and marks might not show any anomalies as things will cancel, although spicing up for action, if any, will still be detectable. Studies from hands collected by marks would be interesting; I can volunteer in such a project.
dacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 07:31 PM   #89385
M07
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 557
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon4567 View Post
Why does this guy ^^^^ spend so much time spewing bs. Must have stake in the scam that is online poker.

I know one guy says he stakes, players probably has a stable and sits half at the same table. That's why I take nothing said here from these math guru's seriously.

Makes no sense why for years they even respond here. Why not let the "riggies" talk amongst themselves and create a thread where people can ask for your input. I assume it would die out quick.

You can add people to your ignore list if you don't want to see their posts anymore. (except mods)
M07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 07:36 PM   #89386
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,926
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacy View Post
Yeah flops; that is usually where the action happens, because the mark has enough equity to put their entire stack at work. Could be later. Any study on what happens after the flop? What happens after that is more interesting, because that is where marks lose and collecting accounts collect. Did spadebidder check hands collected by a particular account, or just a bunch of hands? It was the latter. Studies that involve both hands from collecting accounts and marks might not show any anomalies as things will cancel, although spicing up for action, if any, will still be detectable. Studies from hands collected by marks would be interesting; I can volunteer in such a project.
The funny thing is I mentioned to him before he spent weeks doing this crazy study (mainly for riggies) that all that would happen is riggies would come back with "well, what about xxx?" "what about yyy?" Hell, even if he literally studied what a riggie was concerned with - it did not matter. He did a detailed analysis of a toxic riggies HH database that looked into pretty much everything you asked about up there (and literally everything the toxic riggie wanted researched), and he posted the results in this thread. It did not matter to that riggie. He ignored the data he wanted, picked a couple stats where he ran below expectation, and declared it rigged. You would do the exact same thing (if somehow you allowed your hands to be studied).

If he did a detailed study on 20 "accounts" that you thought were wrong, and found nothing , you would simply say "well, what about these other 25 account?" and pretend the results from the first 20 accounts never existed. That is what riggies always do.

Everything you want studied can be done. Simply pay someone to do it. Noone will do it for you for free at this point. Pay someone. Get the work done, and when it shows nothing - at least you paid the guy who did the work before you choose to ignore it. Better use of your funds than playing poker, which you should quit . On that note, better luck when you deposit later this week and play!

All the best.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 04:23 AM   #89387
TheoryJuicer
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 376
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
The funny thing is I mentioned to him before he spent weeks doing this crazy study (mainly for riggies) that all that would happen is riggies would come back with "well, what about xxx?" "what about yyy?" Hell, even if he literally studied what a riggie was concerned with - it did not matter. He did a detailed analysis of a toxic riggies HH database that looked into pretty much everything you asked about up there (and literally everything the toxic riggie wanted researched), and he posted the results in this thread. It did not matter to that riggie. He ignored the data he wanted, picked a couple stats where he ran below expectation, and declared it rigged. You would do the exact same thing (if somehow you allowed your hands to be studied).

If he did a detailed study on 20 "accounts" that you thought were wrong, and found nothing , you would simply say "well, what about these other 25 account?" and pretend the results from the first 20 accounts never existed. That is what riggies always do.

Everything you want studied can be done. Simply pay someone to do it. Noone will do it for you for free at this point. Pay someone. Get the work done, and when it shows nothing - at least you paid the guy who did the work before you choose to ignore it. Better use of your funds than playing poker, which you should quit . On that note, better luck when you deposit later this week and play!

All the best.
Which is exactly what you're doing here, picking pieces which suit your agenda and ignoring the rest:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
Oh yeah, I know his work, it has been discussed here once in a while .

I am guessing you have not read through it much, but since it says PhD and he says some stuff is rigged that is all you need to be fully on board. I will give though one example from his work, and I know you will disregard this as a shill brigade thing.

On page 148 he talks about pairs vs smaller pairs all in results from a cherry picked sample of 19 sequential results. Yes, 19. I get that that is significant to a riggie if the "PhD" then says see - its rigged, but lets continue with what he exactly says:

Of the 19 cases in which I held a higher pair and encountered a lower pair, I won 13, meaning 68.4% of the times, instead of the normal 81.7%

so let's look at that stat. Keep in mind his data is selected hands over a couple months, but let us pretend they are genuine.

https://stattrek.com/online-calculator/binomial.aspx

Using this calculator the odds of him winning 13 or fewer hands out of a staggering 19 sample size is 12%. Basically the equivalent of a 5 outer on the river give or take. That never happens! Staggering!
Time and time again, you show that you're really no different than the riggies.

Have a nice day shilling.
TheoryJuicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 04:26 AM   #89388
Mike Haven
Moderotor of Moderots
 
Mike Haven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Self-flagellating re poor modding
Posts: 14,060
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Good moaning, TrollJuice. Have a good day rigtarding.
Mike Haven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 04:31 AM   #89389
Luckboxr
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon4567 View Post
Why does this guy ^^^^ spend so much time spewing bs. Must have stake in the scam that is online poker.

I know one guy says he stakes, players probably has a stable and sits half at the same table. That's why I take nothing said here from these math guru's seriously.

Makes no sense why for years they even respond here. Why not let the "riggies" talk amongst themselves and create a thread where people can ask for your input. I assume it would die out quick.
This hits the nail on the head and gives these scammers/fraudsters away instantly. Also look at how the mods adamantly defend the websites - very suspicious. It's amazing that these people are that stupid but again, most criminals are, and they are just arrogant and confident that they can't get caught, so they brazenly keep posting to keep victims hooked.

There are two likely and reasonable explanations for their adamant defense of these illegal - I repeat, ILLEGAL - poker sites. They either have 1. An stake or interest in these illegal and rigged poker websites (they accept money from them or they are the super users or riggers themselves), or 2. They are winning poker players who make tons of money on the websites and they are truly not rigged.

If they are winning poker players, are they pros? What are their names? Where are their winning graphs?

I think all the honest people here know which explanation is more likely.

I saw some graphs and numbers were recently discussed by other new or low post users. So now there is statistical proof that some of these sites are breaking the laws of probability. I am not surprised at all because it is very obvious.

Do not respond to these crooks trying to defend the websites. Just keep posting evidence to warn potential victims and bleed them dry.
Luckboxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 06:43 AM   #89390
UsernameTaken
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 274
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckboxr View Post
if these illegal - I repeat, ILLEGAL

Wow, the repeating and the word in bold really convinced me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckboxr View Post
some of these sites are breaking the laws of probability.
I'm sure they will be tried and convicted before the High Court of Mathematics.
UsernameTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 07:17 AM   #89391
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,926
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckboxr View Post
This hits the nail on the head and gives these scammers/fraudsters away instantly. Also look at how the mods adamantly defend the websites - very suspicious. It's amazing that these people are that stupid but again, most criminals are, and they are just arrogant and confident that they can't get caught, so they brazenly keep posting to keep victims hooked.
We master criminals are smart enough to know how riggies like you work. We can do our complete site defense and crimes openly knowing that while only riggies like you can see them with your eyes - you will have literally no way to prove them. When we tell riggies like you to quit an industry you cannot compete in - that is actually a sinister form of mind control and trickery that you can see through, and you react in exactly the way we want, because while you can see it - you cannot do anything about it, and when you play on Pokerstars you do so knowing that I am behind half the players there, and yet - nothing you can do about it. I also got paid to post this.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoryJuicer View Post
Which is exactly what you're doing here, picking pieces which suit your agenda and ignoring the rest:
No problem - define my specific agenda and list the specific things that I am ignoring. I have said what my agenda is here over and over, but let's hear your take on it. To give an example - this is your agenda:

You are a relatively casual player, with about 340,000 hands lifetime (that you incorrectly suggested was a database with 340,000 hands of an opponent). You do not play full time, you play now and then, and you played a couple Pokerstars events and saw a couple quads, and because those hands stood out to you - you posted a thread asking what the odds were of that happening.

The thread was a train wreck, because you ignored some of the basics of how math works, and you also lacked the experience in this industry to know how amateurish your tone and questions tend to be. You believe you are smarter than you actually are, so once you got feedback that was not what you liked you first were a bit surprised/annoyed and then you settled into the arrogant clueless poster.

Your agenda was to be the "Devil's Advocate" and toss out a variety of "what ifs" and "you never knows." You do not want to be considered a hard core riggie dedicated to a single theory like dacy or some of the throw-away screaming riggies. You were going to be different, without realizing how repetitive that routine was in this thread and this industry.

You will dabble with some semi-specific theories by asking others to prove they do not exist, using very standard (riggie#1 commandment) circular logic involving disproving negatives. You rarely allow yourself to get into anythign specific, because when you do (like the 340,000 hands on opponent challenge) - you get your ass handed to you, and then declare you will no longer talk about that topic.

Your agenda is to be a standard Riggie Commandment #1 guy, and you choose to do it in the most boring way possible, which is just your innate personality.

The pieces you ignore to suit your agenda are doing actual statistical research or placing value on proper research. You will never post your concerns in forums with non-riggie agenda experts, because you know how that will go - it will go as well as when you posted your quads math thread that was a mess.

You will eventually settle in in the way you do now, visiting a thread to toss your mundane nuggets in an industry that you cannot compete, nor are an expert in any way. As time passes more and more people will just ignore you (as you have seen happening) including myself in time, and you will fade away and be replaced by another riggie.

There you go - your agenda, the areas you ignore to suit your needs, and your destiny.




Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoryJuicer View Post
Time and time again, you show that you're really no different than the riggies.
Feel free to do a similar breakdown and be specific about what my agenda is and what are the important pieces of data I am choosing to ignore etc.

All the best.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 08:44 AM   #89392
TheoryJuicer
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 376
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Nice try but wrong on all counts (apart from the casual player bit). You really need to give up on the analysis stuff because it's disturbingly bad. I mean, genuinely terrible. I've given you sage advice on that before. Much like Dacy gave Mike sage advice about saying nothing. But you two continue to ignore it.

As for your agenda, what could that be? What is the agenda of someone who spent 15 years of his life on a forum, writing essays, trying to convince people that online poker is legit? Who cares really?

Stick to your silly little shillie games where you're safe. Once you step a toe outside of that, you get exposed badly.

Have a nice day shilling.
TheoryJuicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 08:48 AM   #89393
a dewd
veteran
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 3,267
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckboxr View Post
. Just keep posting evidence to warn potential victims and bleed them dry.
What evidence?

Screenshots of hands that fit what you want mean nothing unless their appearance in the entire history is greater or lesser than probability of occurring states.

The lack of understanding if math is amazing
a dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 09:04 AM   #89394
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,926
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoryJuicer View Post
Nice try but wrong on all counts (apart from the casual player bit). You really need to give up on the analysis stuff because it's disturbingly bad. I mean, genuinely terrible. I've given you sage advice on that before. Much like Dacy gave Mike sage advice about saying nothing. But you two continue to ignore it.
I see the one thing you did not do was specify how I was wrong . You did point out when I was specifically correct, so there is that.

Feel free to explain and prove how anything I said was incorrect with some details, like I gave a lot of details. Riggies hate details.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoryJuicer View Post
As for your agenda, what could that be? What is the agenda of someone who spent 15 years of his life on a forum, writing essays, trying to convince people that online poker is legit? Who cares really?
Seems you and other riggies care a lot about it, since you keep obsessing about it. I simply asked for you to explain it in detail and of course (as expected) you were not able to do so. Riggies hate details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoryJuicer View Post
Stick to your silly little shillie games where you're safe. Once you step a toe outside of that, you get exposed badly.
Standard riggie avoidance taking my ball with me statement. At least this time you avoided details (riggies hate details) because the last time you tried that, you ended up in a prop bet spot where you got your ass handed to you, so yeah - best you avoid any details in future when dealing with me - you cannot compete, but at least you know that. I am superior, and that upsets you. Your problem in the end. Feel free to dispute that without providing any details .

All the best.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 05:17 PM   #89395
dacy
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 237
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
We master criminals are smart enough to know how riggies like you work. We can do our complete site defense and crimes openly knowing that while only riggies like you can see them with your eyes - you will have literally no way to prove them. When we tell riggies like you to quit an industry you cannot compete in - that is actually a sinister form of mind control and trickery that you can see through, and you react in exactly the way we want, because while you can see it - you cannot do anything about it, and when you play on Pokerstars you do so knowing that I am behind half the players there, and yet - nothing you can do about it. I also got paid to post this.
There we go gentlemen and gentlewomen! That is the truth, as pure and unaltered as they ever produce it. Mister Mastermind Manipulator Monteroy (or M for short) chose a very simple and efficient strategy here, and it is not the first time he used the approach - tell the truth as it is - it is so outrageous, no one would believe it. In the best case scenario, the respected audience will think he is joking, while he is not at all. Add you stand behind all the operations of PS to make it even more truthful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
Your agenda was to be the "Devil's Advocate" and toss out a variety of "what ifs" and "you never knows." You do not want to be considered a hard core riggie dedicated to a single theory like dacy or some of the throw-away screaming riggies. You were going to be different, without realizing how repetitive that routine was in this thread and this industry.
I stick to one theory, because it explains pretty much everything that I observe online and it is supported by my database, and by the reactions of the industry, but it also explains pretty much everything other people observed over the years and posted about. Now, try the usual juxtaposing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
As time passes more and more people will just ignore you (as you have seen happening) including myself in time, and you will fade away and be replaced by another riggie.
Wow, that is one sad story... What a scary future! I should definitely reconsider my approach to online poker; do not want to end like TJ.

Last edited by dacy; 07-04-2020 at 05:34 PM.
dacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 09:02 PM   #89396
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,926
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacy View Post
There we go gentlemen and gentlewomen! That is the truth, as pure and unaltered as they ever produce it. Mister Mastermind Manipulator Monteroy (or M for short) chose a very simple and efficient strategy here, and it is not the first time he used the approach - tell the truth as it is - it is so outrageous, no one would believe it. In the best case scenario, the respected audience will think he is joking, while he is not at all. Add you stand behind all the operations of PS to make it even more truthful.
Yup, I back literally half the players on Pokerstars and I get paid to post this. I am perfectly fine with riggies believing this, and you can point it out to the other riggies who may question it at times.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dacy View Post
I stick to one theory, because it explains pretty much everything that I observe online and it is supported by my database, and by the reactions of the industry, but it also explains pretty much everything other people observed over the years and posted about. Now, try the usual juxtaposing.
You are the other riggies to other riggies. You have your theory, they have theirs which is the opposite. All of you have no evidence. Most of them were smart enough to eventually quit playing poker.



Quote:
Originally Posted by dacy View Post
Wow, that is one sad story... What a scary future! I should definitely reconsider my approach to online poker; do not want to end like TJ.
Don't worry, you are pretty much the only riggie that can proudly claim to have not been able to beat online poker for over 15 years. You will make it 16 then 17 then 18. The Boredom riggie will not even be remembered pretty soon, so you do that have going for you.

All the best.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 04:12 AM   #89397
lagtight
Pooh-Bah
 
lagtight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 4,332
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

I don't believe ANY Riggies tackled this the first time I posted it, so I'll try it again:

Defend or Criticize:

"A legitimate Riggie Theory would sustain its own thread in this Forum if it included compelling evidence of a SPECIFIC rig on a SPECIFIC poker site."
lagtight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:45 AM   #89398
Winni
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 23
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

yo Monty your still active daily in this thread after all these years lol some things never change love ya man.


you know you remind me of a mate i got who regularly debates flat earthers for the fun of it. Sometimes shooting fish in a barrel can just be fun right?

anyway I quit poker for some time and came back recently I am winning and making profit but I tend to find in quite a few ways the game seems to have passed me as soon as I step up stakes or head over to stars i get owned.

Right now I can grind out a small living if I wanted to quit my job and go for it but not really a decent salary which can only mean one thing....
its rigged rigged rigged i tella ya the reptillian overlords are just finding more and more ways for power.

at the moment I am grinding low stakes heads up hypers.

Last edited by Mike Haven; 07-06-2020 at 12:25 PM.
Winni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 08:22 PM   #89399
Ginyu6869
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 21
Re: Pokerbros discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimiShimi View Post
I have noticed this as well. Paired flops seem to be the thing on PB. When I saw your post, I did a manual count in my database with a super humongous sample of 100 hands and found 28 paired flops. That's more than whatever it should be iirc 17% or somewhere around there.

If I knew how to analyze a DriveHUD database I could come up with a better number, but I suck at databases, odds, and poker in general, so.........
You're not the only one that has noticed this.
Ginyu6869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 08:40 PM   #89400
Ginyu6869
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 21
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

I've just about had enough of these crazy apps. You guys can say that I'm cherry picking hands all you want, but there's no way that the distribution of cards are random. GLI states this. (copy and pasted)
GLI®
GETTING STARTED
GLI Technical Specifications for Random Number Generator Testing
Ask GLI
The manufacturer shall submit all hardware and software necessary for the collection of random data. It is highly recommended that RNG application run on hardware identical to what will be used in the field environment.

If this is not possible, please contact Gaming Laboratories International (GLI®) prior to submission to discuss the collection method.

RNG for testing should be submitted with the following:

Game parameters and rules including the number of selections within one game or draw, range and if the numbers are drawn with or without replacement, for example Keno, 20 numbers drawn from 1 through 80 without replacement
Application used to generate the random data as close to the final production application as possible with regard to the RNG implementation. Therefore, it should use the identical function(s), calls, variables, scaling methodology, etc. as the production software
An explanation of any differences between how the data is drawn for the test application and the production application
RNG Final Outcome Collection Tool - A data collection tool that allows collection of data in a manner similar to how the game data that is produced in the final release version of the production application.

What we have here has to be the untested final release version. A simple update changes everything. These are action flops and setup hands. Paired boards almost every flop. KK vs AA vs QQ vs 99 vs JJ. REALLY.!! You flop a double ender and get raised, you better just fold. I have 50 hands here that are completely unreal and you can say im cherry picking if you want.. Every hand is an action flop.!! Like I said b4. You flop a set, it comes with a straight already there.. https://imgur.com/a/Swu3aY7
Ginyu6869 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online