Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Internet Poker Discussions of Internet poker venues, including RB & bonuses.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,245 34.87%
No 5,256 56.47%
Undecided 806 8.66%
Voters: 9307. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2018, 02:12 AM   #84451
*CHOMP
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 353
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

http://https://youtu.be/lzEHL_MqkuA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Haven View Post
So ... they rig the deal so that someone wins and someone loses, but it doesn't matter to them or to the players who wins or who loses? Wouldn't it be simpler for them just to let someone win and someone lose without risking that a player who keeps records proves a rig exists, after all these years of a rig not being proved to exist?
Pokerstars likely proved how rigs today can exist in todayís climate, but not rigging results long term, having the ability to control when big jackpots go off! And for who! What should be examined is who is the real account holders and beneficiaries of these things. I doubt very much this was totally random with 6 winners going off in a week or ten days and then how many went off for the next 6 months? One year? A minoot fraction... first what needs to be examined is the true capabilities of the back end of the software from a security standpoint and what is actually going on and who has access to this. For example can the fraud prevention dept set up hands to catch cheaters. If so is this being manipulated to influence results in other parts of the game. Abilities that are non disclosured and meant to be used to uphold the integrity of the game could ultimately be used to destroy it!
Lottery type games are the easiest to rig imo and the easiest to get away with it as we have seen accounts with minimum accounts history and hands played were pinging those million dollar spin and goes and disappearing forever...lotteries have been rigged, anything to do with money will corrupt either from the front end (players and casino games, slots) or the back end (super users). Or anywhere in between. Itís human nature to cheat

https://youtu.be/lzEHL_MqkuA

Last edited by *CHOMP; 07-10-2018 at 02:18 AM.
*CHOMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:01 AM   #84452
Mike Haven
Moderotor of Moderots
 
Mike Haven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Self-flagellating re poor modding
Posts: 13,153
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmit View Post
How would u prove it?
Know your limits, jungmit. Stick to thinking about lovely little kittens.

Mike Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:19 AM   #84453
Mike Haven
Moderotor of Moderots
 
Mike Haven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Self-flagellating re poor modding
Posts: 13,153
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by *CHOMP View Post
Pokerstars likely proved how rigs today can exist in todayís climate, but not rigging results long term, having the ability to control when big jackpots go off! And for who! What should be examined is who is the real account holders and beneficiaries of these things. I doubt very much this was totally random with 6 winners going off in a week or ten days and then how many went off for the next 6 months? One year? A minoot fraction... first what needs to be examined is the true capabilities of the back end of the software from a security standpoint and what is actually going on and who has access to this. For example can the fraud prevention dept set up hands to catch cheaters. If so is this being manipulated to influence results in other parts of the game. Abilities that are non disclosured and meant to be used to uphold the integrity of the game could ultimately be used to destroy it!
Lottery type games are the easiest to rig imo and the easiest to get away with it as we have seen accounts with minimum accounts history and hands played were pinging those million dollar spin and goes and disappearing forever...lotteries have been rigged, anything to do with money will corrupt either from the front end (players and casino games, slots) or the back end (super users). Or anywhere in between. Itís human nature to cheat

https://youtu.be/lzEHL_MqkuA
If those 6 jackpots had occurred at one per month, or at any other interval, then you would have thought they were as should be? I doubt it. You would have come up with some other idea to fit with your belief that there is a rig; which is yet to be proved by anyone, anywhere, including disgruntled ex-employees.

It's not human nature to cheat. This riggie likely proved that it's riggies' nature to cheat and therefore believe that normal people also cheat:

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/s...ostcount=84451
Mike Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:34 PM   #84454
Kopogero
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 85
Re: Official partypoker thread

Any other regulars at party poker who are keeping a track on their bad beat vs getting lucky? I've been sampling data for a while now and the bad beat vs being lucky?

At the end it comes down to if something that is supposed to happen based on the odds happens accurately over large sample of cards. I just want to move away from this software despite decent promos. It feels like they have a system in place to me even at best, by doing mostly everything right.
Kopogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:46 PM   #84455
Tiltsinki
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 23
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Does anybody honestly think that poker is rigged nowadays? lulu
Tiltsinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:42 AM   #84456
DianeAbbott
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 98
Re: Unibet - Official Thread

Fully aware I'm going to sound like one of 'those' but having played online poker for over 10 years getting through probably 50k SNGs in that time, I can't recall ever experiencing the sustained downswings as I have on Unibet, especially with how bad some of the players I face are. Obviously I could never prove anything with the sample of a few thousand games on Unibet but sometimes it sure feels like something ain't right.
DianeAbbott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:49 PM   #84457
DonCheckRaiso
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 74
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

I dont know if its rigged or not.
But for me Pokerstars is just unbeatable above NL5.
Besides the crazy boardtextures the amount of up and downswings is just insane.
Maybe it is just my bad luck but I get more up and downswings then regular sessions.
It is such a rollercoaster ride which makes it absolute unplayable.
DonCheckRaiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:14 PM   #84458
Obvious Shill Alt
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 443
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeAbbott View Post
Fully aware I'm going to sound like one of 'those' but having played online poker for over 10 years getting through probably 50k SNGs in that time, I can't recall ever experiencing the sustained downswings as I have on Unibet, especially with how bad some of the players I face are.
Larger swings against worse opponents is what you should expect, DUCY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCheckRaiso View Post
Maybe it is just my bad luck but I get more up and downswings then regular sessions.
What's a "regular session"? Are you picturing a graph like this:
Obvious Shill Alt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:19 PM   #84459
Kelvis
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,128
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCheckRaiso View Post
But for me Pokerstars is just unbeatable above NL5.
Well it requires some skills and the vast majority of players does not beat 5NL on PS. I don't know why people automatically assume they should beat something when that means others have to lose.
Kelvis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:04 PM   #84460
DonCheckRaiso
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 74
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Those Vpip20/PFR20/WTSD20/WonatSD20/WWSF20 that go on for hours every few days are just to brutal.

Sure I get in return some Vpip20/PFR20/WTSD20/WonatSD75+/WWSF45+ sessions, but that's not worth it.
DonCheckRaiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:49 PM   #84461
7OAD
journeyman
 
7OAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 259
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

This thread is pretty amazing, it can be summed up as:

Dunning kruger: losing players refusing to admit they suck

Bell curve: people with bad luck not realizing that SOMEONE has to be the unlucky one in poker

Sample size: "I played on site XYZ for x days/months/years and site YXZ that I just changed to is so much better"

Statistical tracking "no I don't have my graph, why would I care about that, it's obviously rigged"

There are so many questions to ask, rigged for who? Why would sites rig it? Are all sites rigging? If they're rigging for bad players, why not just play bad and benefit from the rigging? Basic stuff, but really it can all be explained by IQ distributions, low IQ people will generally need to justify their poor gambling habits (see scratch and wins and lotto tickets) and high IQ people will realize they suck and get better.
7OAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:20 PM   #84462
DonCheckRaiso
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 74
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

I am just saying it sucks to play there.
I rather have a table full with regulars on a other site than a table with recreational's on Pokerstars.
The variance/swings on Stars is/are just to extreme.
DonCheckRaiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:10 PM   #84463
Obvious Shill Alt
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 443
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCheckRaiso View Post
I rather have a table full with regulars on a other site than a table with recreational's on Pokerstars.
lol
Quote:
The variance/swings on Stars is/are just to extreme.
And again, no example of such "extreme" variance, just more complaining.

Read this thread about this graph:
Obvious Shill Alt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 03:53 PM   #84464
NewOldGuy
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In the wires
Posts: 5,228
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCheckRaiso View Post
I am just saying it sucks to play there.
I rather have a table full with regulars on a other site than a table with recreational's on Pokerstars.
The variance/swings on Stars is/are just to extreme.
Or, you could learn the strategies that work against loose donks and DGAF gamblers.
NewOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:38 AM   #84465
DonCheckRaiso
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 74
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Maybe my enthusiasm got the best of me there.
All I am trying to say is it might be helpful to try out some different providers.
Maybe I just got lucky or Partypoker is just overall a lot softer then Pokerstars, but so far I have less huge swings and less crazy pots then on Pokerstars.
From my experience right Pokerstars is super sick when it comes to that.
DonCheckRaiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:45 PM   #84466
killbill13
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

has anyone explained how these sites pick "good" and bad players? when they pick the "good" player why does it give them bad beats? why not just put them in coolers? wouldn't that lead to less people rage quitting?
killbill13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online