Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Internet Poker Discussions of Internet poker venues, including RB & bonuses.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,258 34.83%
No 5,281 56.46%
Undecided 814 8.70%
Voters: 9353. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2017, 09:17 AM   #84001
spadebidder
Actually Shows Proof
 
spadebidder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: This looks interesting.
Posts: 7,904
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex20823 View Post
I remember when I first read the study that Spadebidder said somewhere that he had hands from Full Tilt and I assumed that he had hands from Stars too.
This is correct. The data on the site refers to Site A and Site B, which were those two sites. All the data was from those only. I forgot which was which.
spadebidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:27 AM   #84002
stkfr06400
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

This study is very interesting. Every one can use it as a tool with his samples. After 10 years of poker ( wining ~ 25 k online mtt 10 k cg) i have decided to quit online and closed all my accounts to focus exclusively on live poker . I may be wrong or not, but i m fed up.

https://issuu.com/ionutapahideanu/do...r_-_rigged_or_

And my last question is : is the equity from starting hands going to showdown respected on X billions hands when the final pot is puting you more than 30 BB and/ or 50 % of your stack ?
stkfr06400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:02 AM   #84003
NewOldGuy
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In the wires
Posts: 5,320
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by stkfr06400 View Post
This study is very interesting.
...

https://issuu.com/ionutapahideanu/do...r_-_rigged_or_
It's been discussed in the Probability forum and some big flaws pointed out. The writer doesn't really understand statistics and probability very well.
NewOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:39 AM   #84004
Mike Haven
Moderotor of Moderots
 
Mike Haven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Self-flagellating re poor modding
Posts: 13,259
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by stkfr06400 View Post
This study is very interesting. Every one can use it as a tool with his samples. After 10 years of poker ( wining ~ 25 k online mtt 10 k cg) i have decided to quit online and closed all my accounts to focus exclusively on live poker . I may be wrong or not, but i m fed up.

https://issuu.com/ionutapahideanu/do...r_-_rigged_or_

And my last question is : is the equity from starting hands going to showdown respected on X billions hands when the final pot is puting you more than 30 BB and/ or 50 % of your stack ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldGuy View Post
It's been discussed in the Probability forum and some big flaws pointed out. The writer doesn't really understand statistics and probability very well.
I can't find the Probability Forum discussion, but it was mentioned briefly earlier in this thread: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/s...ostcount=83902
Mike Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:53 PM   #84005
whosnext
Pooh-Bah
 
whosnext's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California
Posts: 4,855
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Yes, I don't think the article was ever discussed in the Probability Forum. I can only remember a few posts in this very thread (which Mike Haven pointed too above).
whosnext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:39 PM   #84006
donk mcReetard
grinder
 
donk mcReetard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 647
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by theorangeone View Post
Also crop circles, flat earth, chemtrails and reptilians.
i like the 'stones tongue' logo crop circle. good to see the aliens have a penchant for the british R&B invasion. i wonder if they still paid attention after the 'some girls' album.
donk mcReetard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:55 AM   #84007
viking1
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 674
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
So, is it all the time, or most of the time? And if it's all the time, why would you only fold them when there's action? If they lose all the time, they should be folded all the time.

This should be trivially easy to provide evidence for, BTW. I mean, it would be a bunch of work, but it's simple enough to filter for once you have your dates.


I mean If I fold after the flop , before turn/river. With action preflop I go all-in and always lose . Yes I agree , I could go through the hand history . What works for me now after cashout is to take a 2 week break from the site, then deposit and only play at micro tables, then move up when I feel it's "back to normal".
viking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:53 AM   #84008
centebakkie
Pooh-Bah
 
centebakkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ☯☮❄☣
Posts: 3,559
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Seeing, hearing and feeling is the best evidence you can have
centebakkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:26 PM   #84009
Legman
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 26
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

First of all I think this is a boring and dead beat topic because I disbelieve in “Rigged”. I think extensive run bad is the ultimate cooler and it can be exhausting for most.

Recently I have put some time into PokerStars play money. I buy 500k and play 1 500k spin and I ran one up to 750,000,000 (not first time). With ~500,000,000 I usually play 10,000,000 spins.
I lost to ~15% post flop in most my spins and down to 200,000,000.
I would just get it in crushing, I want to say a majority of the time. Where villain had ~3 outs or backdoor draws just hitting repeatedly.
Legman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:16 AM   #84010
jungmit
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,718
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Haven View Post
Fold every time you are dealt AA or KK on the first table. That will foil their evil plan, at minimal loss.



Perfect strategy.



Wait. So it's not true that you'll lose every time when you're dealt AA or KK on the first table?

As it's not true that you lose every time, your entire memory of the games played is probably not true either. You should use a tracker. (You'd be able to give some evidence of your imagined discovery, too.)



Let's say you have cashed out 10 times in 2 years. You probably didn't receive AA or KK on your first table more than once or twice. Losing them is not really a big deal.



It's a coincidence.

***

Edit: Note to other shills: Pile on, guys. This guy has some damning evidence we need to quash.
Your all missing the point tho. He is not looking for a good strategy to minimise his losers with aces or kings, he is wondering why he loses with them after a cash out.
jungmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 11:05 AM   #84011
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,682
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

He is left handed, that is why. There is an industry standard commonly referred to as the anti-leftist KK/AA stipulation.

Once he starts cashing out with his right hand his issues will go away. This is a very old topic, and pretty much all players have known this since 2008 or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legman View Post
First of all I think this is a boring and dead beat topic because I disbelieve in “Rigged”. I think extensive run bad is the ultimate cooler and it can be exhausting for most.

Recently I have put some time into PokerStars play money. I buy 500k and play 1 500k spin and I ran one up to 750,000,000 (not first time). With ~500,000,000 I usually play 10,000,000 spins.
I lost to ~15% post flop in most my spins and down to 200,000,000.
I would just get it in crushing, I want to say a majority of the time. Where villain had ~3 outs or backdoor draws just hitting repeatedly.
Move up where they pretend respect your play raises.

All the best.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:16 PM   #84012
ouinosino
adept
 
ouinosino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 806
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

is anyone even still playing online poker? if so, i feel sorry for you.
ouinosino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:16 PM   #84013
donk mcReetard
grinder
 
donk mcReetard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 647
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

if YOU have to BUY your play money...you might be a redneck.
donk mcReetard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 03:57 PM   #84014
Legman
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 26
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post

Move up where they pretend respect your play raises.

All the best.
Bravo, went back to playing 2,500,000 spins and it’s so much more soft compared to the 10,000,000 and 50,000,000 spins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouinosino View Post
is anyone even still playing online poker? if so, i feel sorry for you.
A lot of people do, but it keeps getting tougher.
If you’re in US I can see where you’re coming from as we are not included in the regulated international sites and obviously limited to everything else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk mcReetard View Post
if YOU have to BUY your play money...you might be a redneck.
Reloading 12,500 chips every several hours is not ideal when you want to get into mid PM stakes. You can get up to 500,000 from 12,500 sure. After achieving the 500k if you put it all in on one game and bust then you’re back to the grind with one buy-in at the lowest stakes available.
Legman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 05:02 PM   #84015
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,682
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legman View Post
Bravo, went back to playing 2,500,000 spins and it’s so much more soft compared to the 10,000,000 and 50,000,000 spins.
Makes sense, the games get more reggy at the 10,000,000 level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legman View Post
A lot of people do, but it keeps getting tougher.
If you’re in US I can see where you’re coming from as we are not included in the regulated international sites and obviously limited to everything else.

Reloading 12,500 chips every several hours is not ideal when you want to get into mid PM stakes. You can get up to 500,000 from 12,500 sure. After achieving the 500k if you put it all in on one game and bust then you’re back to the grind with one buy-in at the lowest stakes available.
The play money games passed him by, so he made the correct choice for himself, although I admit I never quite understand the "I pity all of you" line from someone who had to quit the industry due to an inability to compete, yet that person still lingers on the online poker message boards. Ironic, and a bit weird.

Anyway, better luck in your games!

All the best.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:22 AM   #84016
RockyV
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 7
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadebidder View Post
This is correct. The data on the site refers to Site A and Site B, which were those two sites. All the data was from those only. I forgot which was which.
Spadebidder is not accouting for the hackers that were viewing other people's hole cards via remote access. Doors left open by the poker site operators.
RockyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:24 AM   #84017
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 47,006
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyV View Post
Spadebidder is not accouting for the hackers that were viewing other people's hole cards via remote access. Doors left open by the poker site operators.
If you have evidence of this, it would be worthy of a new thread. It certainly doesn't belong here.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:52 AM   #84018
RockyV
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 7
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
If you have evidence of this, it would be worthy of a new thread. It certainly doesn't belong here.
Kinda old boring news for a new thread.
Evidence that the main operators were allowing Al-Qaeda, Osama Bin Laden, mainly his nosey courier, to run a super user scheme by remotely accessing computers and their displays, which was ultimately being used to fund terrorist operations, is also very difficult to prove.
RockyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:57 AM   #84019
Kelvis
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,870
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

So it seems like you know this happened, yet difficult to prove. Like it always is. And you won't even attempt to either.
Kelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:28 AM   #84020
MR_UNOWEN
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,228
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
The play money games passed him by, so he made the correct choice for himself, although I admit I never quite understand the "I pity all of you" line from someone who had to quit the industry due to an inability to compete, yet that person still lingers on the online poker message boards. Ironic, and a bit weird.
Stake him, and get him some coaching! Just make sure he doesn't have a D issue!
MR_UNOWEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:11 AM   #84021
alex20823
grinder
 
alex20823's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Romania
Posts: 417
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyV View Post
Kinda old boring news for a new thread.
Evidence that the main operators were allowing Al-Qaeda, Osama Bin Laden, mainly his nosey courier, to run a super user scheme by remotely accessing computers and their displays, which was ultimately being used to fund terrorist operations, is also very difficult to prove.
Yeah, Osama Bin Laden also took down the 2007 WSOP. I told everyone that Jerry Yang was just a hologram but no one would believe me.

On a more serious note, you start your sentence with " Evidence that", where is the evidence that supports your accusations ?
alex20823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:25 AM   #84022
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,682
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_UNOWEN View Post
Stake him, and get him some coaching! Just make sure he doesn't have a D issue!
All our play money coaches are full at the moment having pretend group lessons.

This new gimmick account stinks, RockyV was the movie where some random named Tommy is the antagonist (surprisingly he passed away in real life according to IMDB), whereas RockyIV was the one where Russia and other countries were the enemy to Merica, and the whole terrorist thing may have been a better fit. If it was RockyIII then it would have to be Mr T pitying the fools (much like that other poster recently).

Throwaway gimmicks just need to take that extra second to go from meh to semi fun. Shame so few put that effort in.

All the best.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:36 PM   #84023
MR_UNOWEN
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,228
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

^^^

yeah, tommy morrison was a story for a bit. combo famous and infamous iirc. came to sad ending.
MR_UNOWEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 01:25 AM   #84024
IQWO
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1
Gathering Rigged Data

I have been playing poker for about three years mostly on ACR but a couple of months ago I heard about global poker and decided to give it a shot. After a couple of sessions i couldn't believe the action on there sets, full houses, flushes, it seemed like tons of coolers always happened on there. I ended up about 40$ from my original 50$ i deposited and decided to just quit and go back to ACR. Today I deposited 10$ to see if anything had changed and nope its still the same crazy action. Now i'm not saying its rigged, but if it were rigged how would i go about proving that is? How many hands would i need as a sample and then what am i even looking for in these hands? Also i thought about not mentioning name of the poker site but i figured that would help.
IQWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 02:41 PM   #84025
6471849653
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: EU
Posts: 1,632
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

The start of the sessions especially when one hasn't been playing there a lot regularly, tend to face more bad beats. There are the opposite stories also, but that's mostly the case when one is a significant to major winner, so it makes sense to play longer sessions and/or regularly.
6471849653 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online