Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Internet Poker Discussions of Internet poker venues, including RB & bonuses.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,253 34.85%
No 5,271 56.46%
Undecided 811 8.69%
Voters: 9335. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2017, 05:40 PM   #83976
TheStrumps
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 82
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBNatural View Post
I also love how when riggies get backed into a corner they get super existential and nihilistic, thinking that disproving our known laws of the universe somehow makes them correct. It's happened a handful of times ITT, always amusing.
What are you on about?

I do not believe online poker is rigged, never said so. Wait for one of them "riggies" to come and show him how much of a superior intelligence you are by ridiculing his little stupid theory with your undisputed facts.
TheStrumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 06:08 PM   #83977
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,613
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBNatural View Post
I also love how when riggies get backed into a corner they get super existential and nihilistic, thinking that disproving our known laws of the universe somehow makes them correct. It's happened a handful of times ITT, always amusing.

Very few riggies ever get to the existential stage, although a few others dabble in that type of area like this recent Simulation Riggie.



Indestructibly Backwards Software Riggie:

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...ostcount=64086
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...ostcount=64087

Quantum Entanglement Riggie:

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28.../#post45684925
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...ostcount=74304

User Import Riggie (who only trusts the Swiss)

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...postcount=2618

Deterministic Universe Riggie

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...ostcount=64951

Stats PhD Who Does Not Know How to Use Holdem Manager Riggie:

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...postcount=1700

A Person Who Can Stop a Beam of Light Can Also Stop the Rig Riggie:

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...ostcount=64986


However, most riggies are simpler creatures saying things like the following instead:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadfox View Post
The random generator has intelligence. RNG should leave me alone. Don't mess with the winners. I'll disclose everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT TO WINN View Post
The site owner of Pokerstars could be a programmer or part owner. They are not going to tell on themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael22 View Post
I'm pretty sure that I have no burden of proof cause I'm not a prosecutor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyk81 View Post
what are u talking about ? cherry pick ? in the same session i lost with AK vs AK all in runner runner flush.
All the best.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 06:54 PM   #83978
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 46,785
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Haven View Post
It's probably clearer to call the bullying here cyberbullying:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberbullying
Which is still a form of bullying, and thus would require an imbalance in power.

Or we can go with this definition, later in the article:

"A frequently used definition of cyberbullying is "an aggressive, intentional act or behavior that is carried out by a group or an individual, using electronic forms of contact, repeatedly and over time against a victim who cannot easily defend him or herself."

There's no reason anyone can't defend themselves here.

Cyberbullying is used a little more loosely, so perhaps it could be used here, although I think it's quite a stretch. Calling it bullying, though, is just silly.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 06:59 PM   #83979
TheStrumps
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 82
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Woow the einstein of this thread is back' All hail our lord ruler of the riggies and of this whole thread !
TheStrumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 07:08 PM   #83980
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 46,785
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

If that's addressed to me, I'm not sure why the need for the sarcastic tone. I've been nothing but civil to you, so there seems to be some irony in your post given your complaints about bullying.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 07:11 PM   #83981
TheStrumps
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 82
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
Which is still a form of bullying, and thus would require an imbalance in power.

Or we can go with this definition, later in the article:

"A frequently used definition of cyberbullying is "an aggressive, intentional act or behavior that is carried out by a group or an individual, using electronic forms of contact, repeatedly and over time against a victim who cannot easily defend him or herself."

There's no reason anyone can't defend themselves here.

Cyberbullying is used a little more loosely, so perhaps it could be used here, although I think it's quite a stretch. Calling it bullying, though, is just silly.
Cyberbullying is bullying that takes place over digital devices like cell phones, computers, and tablets.

Cyberbullying is the use of cell phones, instant messaging, e-mail, chat rooms or social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter to harass, threaten or intimidate someone.

Cyberbullying is often done by children, who have increasingly early access to these technologies.
TheStrumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 07:13 PM   #83982
TheStrumps
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 82
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
If that's addressed to me, I'm not sure why the need for the sarcastic tone. I've been nothing but civil to you, so there seems to be some irony in your post given your complaints about bullying.
No it was not addressed to you.
TheStrumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 07:18 PM   #83983
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 46,785
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStrumps View Post
Cyberbullying is bullying that takes place over digital devices like cell phones, computers, and tablets.

Cyberbullying is the use of cell phones, instant messaging, e-mail, chat rooms or social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter to harass, threaten or intimidate someone.

Cyberbullying is often done by children, who have increasingly early access to these technologies.
Right, that's why I said it perhaps could be considered cyberbullying, but I think it's a stretch. No threatening or intimidating going on, and even harassing is questionable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStrumps View Post
No it was not addressed to you.
Well, LOL @ me and my assumptions then.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 07:51 PM   #83984
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,613
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

He did not make his simulations clear.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 08:08 PM   #83985
MisterBNatural
stranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 12
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

"The site owner of Pokerstars could be a programmer or part owner. They are not going to tell on themselves."

Thank you for this.
MisterBNatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:00 AM   #83986
TheStrumps
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 82
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Even though I do not believe online poker is rigged I yet find it so ridiculous how in every single thread where the legacy of online poker (specifically PokerStars) is questioned, there will be a bunch of aggro-clowns that are trying to bully everyone who have questionmarks. If you ask me they do not belong in the poker community, they are just a bunch of worthless stinky rats. Plenty of them in this thread but one of them stinks the most. Thats all I had to say, I will not come back here to argue with the rats.

Last edited by TheStrumps; 12-04-2017 at 10:16 AM.
TheStrumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:05 AM   #83987
HardcoreGamer
journeyman
 
HardcoreGamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 277
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

I'd say sneering more than bullying. You only have to click back a page to see the word rigtard mentioned twice in the same post. Yeah, debate.

I never really look in this thread because of the sneer fest but you can't help notice it in the forum list with the same old posters replying like they have the thread on an alert alarm.
HardcoreGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:35 AM   #83988
TheStrumps
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 82
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreGamer View Post
I'd say sneering more than bullying. You only have to click back a page to see the word rigtard mentioned twice in the same post. Yeah, debate.

I never really look in this thread because of the sneer fest but you can't help notice it in the forum list with the same old posters replying like they have the thread on an alert alarm.
Thank you.. I am not native English speaker so I could not find the right word. Sneering is accurate, agreed.
TheStrumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:45 PM   #83989
alex20823
grinder
 
alex20823's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Romania
Posts: 416
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStrumps View Post
Even though I do not believe online poker is rigged I yet find it so ridiculous how in every single thread where the legacy of online poker (specifically PokerStars) is questioned, there will be a bunch of aggro-clowns that are trying to bully everyone who have questionmarks. If you ask me they do not belong in the poker community, they are just a bunch of worthless stinky rats. Plenty of them in this thread but one of them stinks the most. Thats all I had to say, I will not come back here to argue with the rats.

If by "one of them stinks the most" you mean Monteroy, as he's the one that usually has most of the fun in this thread "battling" riggies, then do a quick search of the thread for his posts. I do agree that he can come on as a bit aggressive, but most of what he says is just for gigs as most of what the riggies that he "battles" say things for gigs. I actually laughed quite a bit surfing through the "conversations" that took place between Monteroy and some riggies.

But I don't think that anyone, not even him, has ever said anything than what most people say about this topic. And this is that there is no evidence to suggest online poker is rigged. And it isn't like people haven't been looking. All the analysis conducted up to this point suggests that people are getting a fair shake at the top sites.

Let's take Stars for example. Stars is an online poker room. They claim to offer a fair game. The way things go in the real world is that things are okay by default. You have to demonstrate the contrary in order to make a purposeful conclusion. So, by default, Stars are offering a fair game as they say. Their RNG is certified by Cigital, whom I know to be a reputable company that works or has worked with the US army ( that's a plus ). They allow you to record your HH's, so you can collect massive amounts of hands that can be stored in your database and then conduct an analysis on them to see if something fishy pops out. This has been done. Nothing fishy pops out.


http://www.spadebidder.com/ This is the biggest study done that I know of.


So, all the facts lead to the conclusion that Stars is providing a fair game in terms of card distribution. Does that mean Stars is providing a fair game with 100% certainty ? No. But there is nothing to suggest otherwise and all the facts gathered up until now lead to the conclusion that Stars is not rigged.


So, to "worry" about something that has no evidence to it is basically knocking at the doors of the realm of paranoia, wouldn't you agree ?


And in regards to your disapproval of some people getting bashed in here for their "questioning" of online poker fairness, AFAIK, only people that come in here and spew things like "online poker is rigged because FD's hit 50% of the time or Q 7 is the hand that wins most hands online" or other wacky **** like that are getting mocked and bashed because these things have been looked up and would get caught immediately if they were true. And after somebody explains to them in a calm manner why they're wrong, they usually end up calling those people shills and that they're in on the conspiracy.

And of course, there's Jungmit. I'll let your curiosity tick on this one. Do a quick search on this thread about him. If there ever was a riggie deserving a bashing, he's on top of the list. See if you agree with his line of reasoning on how he questions the integrity of the sites.
alex20823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:59 PM   #83990
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,613
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

You likely lost the attention of the Rat Simulation riggie two sentences in your post (if that). He just came here to vent and get a little back and forth, and as much as they say they hate it, they look forward to the negative feedback, as it energizes them.

Bringing up sites like spadebidders (for what its worth I don't think Stars hands were in the study as PTR at the time did not track it, and he used a variety of sites) are pointless. These riggies will never try to understand it.

Instead offer them simpler things like the following picture of a band of rats playing music. Riggies like simple things.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/54/d8...5b6e74301a.jpg


All the best.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:10 PM   #83991
alex20823
grinder
 
alex20823's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Romania
Posts: 416
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
You likely lost the attention of the Rat Simulation riggie two sentences in your post (if that). He just came here to vent and get a little back and forth, and as much as they say they hate it, they look forward to the negative feedback, as it energizes them.

Bringing up sites like spadebidders (for what its worth I don't think Stars hands were in the study as PTR at the time did not track it, and he used a variety of sites) are pointless. These riggies will never try to understand it.

Instead offer them simpler things like the following picture of a band of rats playing music. Riggies like simple things.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/54/d8...5b6e74301a.jpg


All the best.
I remember when I first read the study that Spadebidder said somewhere that he had hands from Full Tilt and I assumed ( wrongly as it appears ) that he had hands from Stars too.

The little rascals in the picture are cute.
alex20823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:26 PM   #83992
Mike Haven
Moderotor of Moderots
 
Mike Haven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Self-flagellating re poor modding
Posts: 13,212
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex20823 View Post
The little rascals in the picture are cute.
The instruments have probably been photoshopped in.
Mike Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:38 PM   #83993
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,613
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

So you are suggesting it is all a simulation...


Rats!
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 12:38 AM   #83994
DumBlaw
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 25
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

We will never know!
DumBlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:54 AM   #83995
viking1
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 653
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Can anyone explain to me why I always lose with AA and KK after cashing out from the different sites ? It doesn't matter of it's Pokerstars, 888 or Unibet. The first table I sit down whether it is CG or MTT and if I'm dealt AA or KK I know I will end up losing. The record is being dealt 8 AA or KK the day after cashout and I lost them all.

Lets say I have cashed out 100 times in 2 years. There is a pattern here, don't tell me it's all a coincidense.
viking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:56 AM   #83996
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 46,785
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

So I assume you fold them now?
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 04:06 AM   #83997
viking1
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 653
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
So I assume you fold them now?

When there's action on my table I do fold them to avoid losing too much. Most of the time I was right.
viking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 04:30 AM   #83998
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 46,785
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking1 View Post
Can anyone explain to me why I always lose with AA and KK after cashing out from the different sites ? It doesn't matter of it's Pokerstars, 888 or Unibet. The first table I sit down whether it is CG or MTT and if I'm dealt AA or KK I know I will end up losing. The record is being dealt 8 AA or KK the day after cashout and I lost them all.

Lets say I have cashed out 100 times in 2 years. There is a pattern here, don't tell me it's all a coincidense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking1 View Post
When there's action on my table I do fold them to avoid losing too much. Most of the time I was right.
So, is it all the time, or most of the time? And if it's all the time, why would you only fold them when there's action? If they lose all the time, they should be folded all the time.

This should be trivially easy to provide evidence for, BTW. I mean, it would be a bunch of work, but it's simple enough to filter for once you have your dates.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 04:32 AM   #83999
alex20823
grinder
 
alex20823's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Romania
Posts: 416
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking1 View Post
Lets say I have cashed out 100 times in 2 years. There is a pattern here, don't tell me it's all a coincidense.
It's certainly not a coincidense. But I think that the word that can describe your experience is "coincidence".
alex20823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 04:51 AM   #84000
Mike Haven
Moderotor of Moderots
 
Mike Haven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Self-flagellating re poor modding
Posts: 13,212
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking1 View Post
The first table I sit down whether it is CG or MTT and if I'm dealt AA or KK I know I will end up losing.
Fold every time you are dealt AA or KK on the first table. That will foil their evil plan, at minimal loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking1 View Post
When there's action on my table I do fold them to avoid losing too much.
Perfect strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking1 View Post
Most of the time I was right.
Wait. So it's not true that you'll lose every time when you're dealt AA or KK on the first table?

As it's not true that you lose every time, your entire memory of the games played is probably not true either. You should use a tracker. (You'd be able to give some evidence of your imagined discovery, too.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking1 View Post
Lets say I have cashed out 100 times in 2 years.
Let's say you have cashed out 10 times in 2 years. You probably didn't receive AA or KK on your first table more than once or twice. Losing them is not really a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking1 View Post
There is a pattern here, don't tell me it's all a coincidense.
It's a coincidence.

***

Edit: Note to other shills: Pile on, guys. This guy has some damning evidence we need to quash.

Last edited by Mike Haven; 12-05-2017 at 05:00 AM.
Mike Haven is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online