Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Internet Poker Discussions of Internet poker venues.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,199 34.86%
No 5,199 56.65%
Undecided 780 8.50%
Voters: 9178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2017, 06:10 AM   #82601
alex20823
journeyman
 
alex20823's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Romania
Posts: 287
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
You had to phone a guy at Cigital (I assume that's what you mean) to find this out? We don't need any names, thanks - of course it's possible that a site could have their software alter a card coming off the deck (depending on exactly how you mean this). So what?
The sites can do this ? Can you please expand ?
alex20823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:58 AM   #82602
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 45,266
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex20823 View Post
The sites can do this ? Can you please expand ?
I'm not sure what there is to expand on. RNG produces a certain result, software substitutes cards in some fashion. Kind of seems like common sense that this would be possible.

But it really doesn't matter whether a site were to use a faulty or "rigged" RNG, or have a legit RNG and then tamper with the deal after the fact - either one should show up in any hand history analysis.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:07 AM   #82603
Mike Haven
Moderotor of Moderots
 
Mike Haven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Self-flagellating re poor modding
Posts: 12,915
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
of course it's possible that a site could have their software alter a card coming off the deck (depending on exactly how you mean this). So what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex20823 View Post
The sites can do this ? Can you please expand ?
I would assume he means it's possible any site could do anything, but there is no proof that any site has altered their cards. In any case, what cards the players have received is what they have tested, and no one has ever shown any statistical abnormalities over the long run in this regard.
Mike Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:15 AM   #82604
alex20823
journeyman
 
alex20823's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Romania
Posts: 287
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

So, basically ( Bobo, Mike ) there is no way for the sites to do this without them being easily caught ?
alex20823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:22 AM   #82605
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 45,266
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Haven View Post
I would assume he means it's possible any site could do anything, but there is no proof that any site has altered their cards. In any case, what cards the players have received is what they have tested, and no one has ever shown any statistical abnormalities over the long run in this regard.
Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex20823 View Post
So, basically ( Bobo, Mike ) there is no way for the sites to do this without them being easily caught ?
On a meaningful level, I wouldn't expect so. That is to say, I'm sure a site could do this a small amount of times without being detected, but at virtually no benefit to themselves. If they did so on a level that would generate them appreciable returns, I can't see how it would be possible to do so in a way that wouldn't be seen in the results. And of course, anything done at a level where people are able to observe it without even analyzing their hand histories should be trivially easy to prove statistically.

Or, to put it more succinctly - no, I don't believe there is.

That's why I think jungmit's mention of this is so ridiculous (as are most things he says) - he makes it sound like some great revelation, when in fact it's no revelation at all, and it changes nothing. Whether one alters results at the RNG level or at some point afterwards, it should be detectable in the results.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:30 AM   #82606
Mike Haven
Moderotor of Moderots
 
Mike Haven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Self-flagellating re poor modding
Posts: 12,915
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex20823 View Post
So, basically ( Bobo, Mike ) there is no way for the sites to do this without them being easily caught ?
I can't imagine that they could do it as often as they would need to to make enough additional rake to take the chance of being caught, or of an employee spilling the beans.

If you go along with jungmit's theory that they let him win one day and lose the next, even though it's arguable whether or not they would make a few more cents in rake from him, then I'll admit they would never be caught, as jungmit will never even try to prove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmit View Post
I can show u my hem2 graph that proves I am not a losing player
Please do so. Thank you.

Last edited by Mike Haven; 03-20-2017 at 07:36 AM.
Mike Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:30 AM   #82607
alex20823
journeyman
 
alex20823's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Romania
Posts: 287
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Thanks for the responses.

This endless ongoing debate is quite harmful, IMO, to the new players. Ruins their experience when they hear and see a lot of loonies left and right saying poker is so rigged without evidence to back it up.

Yesterday in the big 6th anniversary of the sunday storm a bunch of guys from Romania were discussing in the chat how skewed Pokerstars is and that they have a list. That list would be how much to reward players in money ( either in tournaments or cash ) based on the player pool size from the countries and the rake each country produces. Of course they rambled that Romania is on the wrong side of the list. And of course they were very likely losing players because they already busted at the moment this conversation between them was taking place in the chat.
alex20823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:51 AM   #82608
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 45,266
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex20823 View Post
This endless ongoing debate is quite harmful, IMO, to the new players. Ruins their experience when they hear and see a lot of loonies left and right saying poker is so rigged without evidence to back it up.
If you mean this particular thread, the only "solution" I can see to that would be to not allow any discussion of poker sites being rigged. But all that would do for the hard-core rigged believers is harden their belief that there's a big conspiracy against them, and much more importantly, has the possibility of there being a real case of rigging and it not being discovered as quickly because of the lack of discussion. Despite what some might believe, the last think I'd want to see is a real case of rigging covered up.

But really, I don't think this thread is all that harmful. To be honest, I think it mostly serves as an echo chamber to many. Those with closed minds who instantly go to the possibility of being cheated when things don't go well for them in many aspects of life are never going to be convinced otherwise. And those who play and believe that all is on the up and up certainly aren't going to be convinced by those with their evidence-free rants. As for the open-minded who look at the arguments logically, I think most of them can sort out the sensible posts from the nonsensical.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:36 AM   #82609
alex20823
journeyman
 
alex20823's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Romania
Posts: 287
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
If you mean this particular thread, the only "solution" I can see to that would be to not allow any discussion of poker sites being rigged. But all that would do for the hard-core rigged believers is harden their belief that there's a big conspiracy against them, and much more importantly, has the possibility of there being a real case of rigging and it not being discovered as quickly because of the lack of discussion. Despite what some might believe, the last think I'd want to see is a real case of rigging covered up.

But really, I don't think this thread is all that harmful. To be honest, I think it mostly serves as an echo chamber to many. Those with closed minds who instantly go to the possibility of being cheated when things don't go well for them in many aspects of life are never going to be convinced otherwise. And those who play and believe that all is on the up and up certainly aren't going to be convinced by those with their evidence-free rants. As for the open-minded who look at the arguments logically, I think most of them can sort out the sensible posts from the nonsensical.

I can see your point, but as I've seen multiple studies, analyses have been made that show that there isn't shady stuff done in terms of the RNG riggedness allegations. The people who rant there is shady stuff done seem to not take them into consideration at all. Basically, I think if let's say Pokerstars would take them personally and show them how the RNG works and prove to them by statistics that there isn't any wrongdoing, they would still believe something is wrong.

And, I agree with you, if there is any riggedness going on, it would bug me if it remained uncovered.

Safest way to go, I advise people to play at the top sites.
alex20823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:06 PM   #82610
jungmit
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,575
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
I'm not sure what there is to expand on. RNG produces a certain result, software substitutes cards in some fashion. Kind of seems like common sense that this would be possible.

But it really doesn't matter whether a site were to use a faulty or "rigged" RNG, or have a legit RNG and then tamper with the deal after the fact - either one should show up in any hand history analysis.
If u tall to may site site they will tell u it's impossible. There is no way to control any cards. I have hear this from many sites. The fact is it is possible. So why do they say it's impossible?
And I always find it funny that people day if a site rigged hands their business would be done. Lock poker basically stole money, people knew they were never going to get their money out and they still played there. It's was a for gone conclusion thst no one was ever getting paid and people were still grinding 10 tables. People will not quit poker. If a top site came out tomorrow and admitted they rigged games people would still play
jungmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:23 PM   #82611
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 45,266
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmit View Post
If u tall to may site site they will tell u it's impossible. There is no way to control any cards. I have hear this from many sites. The fact is it is possible. So why do they say it's impossible?
Probably because they've set up their software so that it can't be done, much like most sites aren't stupid enough to have a capability of seeing hole cards in real time like UB and AP did.

Or it could be because the way you communicate, it's quite possible they have no idea what you're talking about.

But really...who cares? Whether a site rigs an RNG or has a clean RNG and then manipulates the cards afterwards changes nothing. Absolutely nothing. Absolutely, positively, nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmit View Post
And I always find it funny that people day if a site rigged hands their business would be done. Lock poker basically stole money, people knew they were never going to get their money out and they still played there. It's was a for gone conclusion thst no one was ever getting paid and people were still grinding 10 tables. People will not quit poker. If a top site came out tomorrow and admitted they rigged games people would still play
Lock isn't the best example, because people slowly did stop playing there, which is probably why they finally ended the scam and took everyone's money. A better example would be UB and AP, where people kept playing there in spite of the super user scandal and other shady behaviour. It definitely hurt their traffic, but not to the effect that it should have. Some people didn't hear about it, some people did but they were making money so they didn't care, or they played lower stakes and thus figured it didn't affect them, etc. If a site were found to be rigged, yes, it might be a similar result. But I expect it would definitely negatively impact a site; very much so.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:43 PM   #82612
Lego05
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 23,756
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Has anyone posted a clip of a particular Samuel Jackson line from toward the beginning of Pulp Fiction in this thread yet?
Lego05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:46 PM   #82613
Freewill2112
veteran
 
Freewill2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die.
Posts: 3,202
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego05 View Post
Has anyone posted a clip of a particular Samuel Jackson line from toward the beginning of Pulp Fiction in this thread yet?
I assume you mean: (not embedding it because there's a naughty word in the title)

****

Last edited by Mike Haven; 03-22-2017 at 05:04 AM.
Freewill2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:03 PM   #82614
Lego05
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 23,756
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewill2112 View Post
I assume you mean: (not embedding it because there's a naughty word in the title)
Yes, this is what I meant.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmit View Post
If u tall to may site site they will tell u it's impossible. There is no way to control any cards. I have hear this from many sites.
NSFW

Spoiler:


Spoiler:

Last edited by Mike Haven; 03-22-2017 at 05:03 AM.
Lego05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:22 AM   #82615
Mike Haven
Moderotor of Moderots
 
Mike Haven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Self-flagellating re poor modding
Posts: 12,915
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

I thought it looked liked a very, very drunk man had written it.

Mike Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:51 AM   #82616
alex20823
journeyman
 
alex20823's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Romania
Posts: 287
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmit View Post
If u tall to may site site they will tell u it's impossible. There is no way to control any cards. I have hear this from many sites. The fact is it is possible. So why do they say it's impossible?
And I always find it funny that people day if a site rigged hands their business would be done. Lock poker basically stole money, people knew they were never going to get their money out and they still played there. It's was a for gone conclusion thst no one was ever getting paid and people were still grinding 10 tables. People will not quit poker. If a top site came out tomorrow and admitted they rigged games people would still play

You still haven't posted your results. Or at least a screen name so we can go worship a god. I'm willing to pay you 70% of my profits if you PM me with the way the rig goes, at what site and if it does work, I promise you, 70% of my profits are yours.
alex20823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:12 AM   #82617
DustinOGCharger
self-banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: ohio
Posts: 528
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
Probably because they've set up their software so that it can't be done, much like most sites aren't stupid enough to have a capability of seeing hole cards in real time like UB and AP did.

Or it could be because the way you communicate, it's quite possible they have no idea what you're talking about.

But really...who cares? Whether a site rigs an RNG or has a clean RNG and then manipulates the cards afterwards changes nothing. Absolutely nothing. Absolutely, positively, nothing.


Lock isn't the best example, because people slowly did stop playing there, which is probably why they finally ended the scam and took everyone's money. A better example would be UB and AP, where people kept playing there in spite of the super user scandal and other shady behaviour. It definitely hurt their traffic, but not to the effect that it should have. Some people didn't hear about it, some people did but they were making money so they didn't care, or they played lower stakes and thus figured it didn't affect them, etc. If a site were found to be rigged, yes, it might be a similar result. But I expect it would definitely negatively impact a site; very much so.
Changing the run out of the cards does nothing?
No way a site could rig a deal and get away with it long term? Imo option you are wrong. If you control the poker room you can do whatever you need to do to make things right. So you dont get caught. Like change names on a regular basic. If you look at jungle hand history you will find nothing cuz it is very hard to show proof of a rig when it only happens when they want it too. If it always was rigged than yea easy to spot.

This thread imo is a cover up. Nobody can talk about a potental rig cuz their post gets put in here and torn apart by all 2p2 employees. I understand you got to protect online poker. You think a employee going to rat a cheating company out that is in costa rico. I think everyone that lives there are already on the wrong side of the law. Heard it is pretty cheap to kill people there too and you think someone going to rat out a company for cheating poker player.
DustinOGCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:43 AM   #82618
alex20823
journeyman
 
alex20823's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Romania
Posts: 287
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinOGCharger View Post
Changing the run out of the cards does nothing?
No way a site could rig a deal and get away with it long term? Imo option you are wrong. If you control the room you can do whatever you need to do to make things right. So you dont get caught. Like change names on a regular basic. If you look at jungle hand history you will find nothing cuz it is very hard to show proof of a rig when it only happens when they want it too. If it always was rigged than yea easy to spot.

This thread imo is a cover up. Nobody can talk about a potental rig cuz their post gets put in here and torn apart by all 2p2 employees. I understand you got to protect online . You think a employee going to rat a cheating company out that is in costa rico. I think everyone that lives there are already on the wrong side of the law. Heard it is pretty cheap to kill people there too and you think someone going to rat out a company for cheating player.

I'm pretty new to this forum, but if you take the time to search this thread sporadically, you would see that the people you say are protecting online poker( regardless of what is going on ) have actually tried to help uncover rigging in the past ( the superuser scandal, bots at Ipoker ). The only thing that they ask from people who say it's rigged is evidence. In other words, the motive/s on which they base their statement.

I think it's pointless to say that most of the alleged rigged theories are bonanza.

Now, I think that Bobo was referring to the fact that if poker sites where to alter their deal, that thing will come up in the analyses of HH's. You seem to disagree with this. Now, I think we can both agree to the fact that with a random deal, the percentages would add up close to the odds expectancy with a large enough sample. ( example : you lose with aces all in preflop 30% more than you should ). Again, you seem to disagree with this logic.

Now, while I do agree that if the site picks like 1 hand in 1000 to rig or something close to that ( I don't know the exact number that would have such a low statistical significance that wouldn't show up in a study ), the problem with this is, why do that ? The increase in profits would be so slim that it isn't worth the risk. Not to mention the fact that how would you choose the hands that would again, basically bring you no much more in profits ? What would be the criteria ?

Now, if a site where to rig more of its hands, anomalies would show up in HH's. So, the question that a site needs to answer to itself when pondering such a foul play is what is the exact percentage of hands to rig in order for them to not be discovered by analysis and to still bring a worthwhile profit to the company. Not to mention that this rig actually needs a lot more things taken into consideration, the effort, resources and time that would need to be put in to this sort of rig is too big and again, it's not profitable to the company. At least IMO, if others disagree, please do so and explain why.


I for one I pretty much disagree with this thread because of the nature of the riggie posters. If there were people who were posting like this for example: I believe Bovada Poker is rigged. Here is my hand history sample ( assuming that the sample is not 10 hands but decent enough ) I find anomalies in my hands, can somebody better than me at statistics check them out and see if there is something sketchy going on ? Instead of : " It's raining outside, that means Pokerstars is rigged today and 6 2 offsuit is the hand to shove with".



And as a sidenote: I play on Pokerstars. They use a static shuffle as far as I know. That means once the cards are dealt, they cannot be changed, the shuffle happens before a hand. They use hardware RNG's with player actions ( mouse movements ) and beams of light as sources of entropy to ensure true randomness. That shuffle was proven to be random by authorised 3rd parties and by players alike. I know that Full Tilt uses the same and I'm pretty sure other top sites use this method as well.

Last edited by alex20823; 03-22-2017 at 11:51 AM.
alex20823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:53 AM   #82619
Kelvis
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 4,889
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinOGCharger View Post
Changing the run out of the cards does nothing?
No way a site could rig a deal and get away with it long term? Imo option you are wrong. If you control the poker room you can do whatever you need to do to make things right. So you dont get caught. Like change names on a regular basic. If you look at jungle hand history you will find nothing cuz it is very hard to show proof of a rig when it only happens when they want it too. If it always was rigged than yea easy to spot.

This thread imo is a cover up. Nobody can talk about a potental rig cuz their post gets put in here and torn apart by all 2p2 employees. I understand you got to protect online poker. You think a employee going to rat a cheating company out that is in costa rico. I think everyone that lives there are already on the wrong side of the law. Heard it is pretty cheap to kill people there too and you think someone going to rat out a company for cheating poker player.
Also chemtrails and lizard people
Kelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:07 PM   #82620
alex20823
journeyman
 
alex20823's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Romania
Posts: 287
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvis View Post
Also chemtrails and lizard people
Lol, didn't know of the chemtrail conspiracy. Good one. I'm gonna buy a 1945 german AA gun and shoot down those bastards as often as I can.
alex20823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:26 PM   #82621
DustinOGCharger
self-banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: ohio
Posts: 528
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex20823 View Post
I'm pretty new to this forum, but if you take the time to search this thread sporadically, you would see that the people you say are protecting online poker( regardless of what is going on ) have actually tried to help uncover rigging in the past ( the superuser scandal, bots at Ipoker ). The only thing that they ask from people who say it's rigged is evidence. In other words, the motive/s on which they base their statement.

I think it's pointless to say that most of the alleged rigged theories are bonanza.

Now, I think that Bobo was referring to the fact that if poker sites where to alter their deal, that thing will come up in the analyses of HH's. You seem to disagree with this. Now, I think we can both agree to the fact that with a random deal, the percentages would add up close to the odds expectancy with a large enough sample. ( example : you lose with aces all in preflop 30% more than you should ). Again, you seem to disagree with this logic.

Now, while I do agree that if the site picks like 1 hand in 1000 to rig or something close to that ( I don't know the exact number that would have such a low statistical significance that wouldn't show up in a study ), the problem with this is, why do that ? The increase in profits would be so slim that it isn't worth the risk. Not to mention the fact that how would you choose the hands that would again, basically bring you no much more in profits ? What would be the criteria ?

Now, if a site where to rig more of its hands, anomalies would show up in HH's. So, the question that a site needs to answer to itself when pondering such a foul play is what is the exact percentage of hands to rig in order for them to not be discovered by analysis and to still bring a worthwhile profit to the company. Not to mention that this rig actually needs a lot more things taken into consideration, the effort, resources and time that would need to be put in to this sort of rig is too big and again, it's not profitable to the company. At least IMO, if others disagree, please do so and explain why.


I for one I pretty much disagree with this thread because of the nature of the riggie posters. If there were people who were posting like this for example: I believe Bovada Poker is rigged. Here is my hand history sample ( assuming that the sample is not 10 hands but decent enough ) I find anomalies in my hands, can somebody better than me at statistics check them out and see if there is something sketchy going on ? Instead of : " It's raining outside, that means Pokerstars is rigged today and 6 2 offsuit is the hand to shove with".



And as a sidenote: I play on Pokerstars. They use a static shuffle as far as I know. That means once the cards are dealt, they cannot be changed, the shuffle happens before a hand. They use hardware RNG's with player actions ( mouse movements ) and beams of light as sources of entropy to ensure true randomness. That shuffle was proven to be random by authorised 3rd parties and by players alike. I know that Full Tilt uses the same and I'm pretty sure other top sites use this method as well.
I am not saying they are all rigged but it is very hard to prove and bobo knows this that why he says what he says. I just made a point that you cant prove it. Lol at not making alot of money cheating. If they let the winning player destory the fish the site dies and no more rake. If they just rig couple hand in a tourney and say win 200,000 for rigging a couple of hand thats pretty good money.
Plus if you have a small winning player and every once in awhile you take a stack from him he cant withdraw. All you got to do is set up a hand and boom he or she is now a break even player. For people to think poker site has no reason to rig are just clueless. Small sites have a bigger reason to rig than others. Some are just stupid or greedy. It has happened before and just like the ceo of wpn has said publicly. (They have learned a ton from the lock poker room) What about the people that got caught at ub and ap. You think their isnt other people just like them. There are many problems that online poker sites face that can be fixed by just fixing the outcome once in awhile and go without notice.
DustinOGCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:46 PM   #82622
jungmit
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex20823 View Post
You still haven't posted your results. Or at least a screen name so we can go worship a god. I'm willing to pay you 70% of my profits if you PM me with the way the rig goes, at what site and if it does work, I promise you, 70% of my profits are yours.
I only post my results when money is put up. Many here think I am a losing player and if they want to put up money then I will post my results. Until thst time u see nothing. It's also only cash games as I don't play multi table tourneys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex20823 View Post
I'm pretty new to this forum, but if you take the time to search this thread sporadically, you would see that the people you say are protecting online poker( regardless of what is going on ) have actually tried to help uncover rigging in the past ( the superuser scandal, bots at Ipoker ). The only thing that they ask from people who say it's rigged is evidence. In other words, the motive/s on which they base their statement.

I think it's pointless to say that most of the alleged rigged theories are bonanza.

Now, I think that Bobo was referring to the fact that if poker sites where to alter their deal, that thing will come up in the analyses of HH's. You seem to disagree with this. Now, I think we can both agree to the fact that with a random deal, the percentages would add up close to the odds expectancy with a large enough sample. ( example : you lose with aces all in preflop 30% more than you should ). Again, you seem to disagree with this logic.

Now, while I do agree that if the site picks like 1 hand in 1000 to rig or something close to that ( I don't know the exact number that would have such a low statistical significance that wouldn't show up in a study ), the problem with this is, why do that ? The increase in profits would be so slim that it isn't worth the risk. Not to mention the fact that how would you choose the hands that would again, basically bring you no much more in profits ? What would be the criteria ?

Now, if a site where to rig more of its hands, anomalies would show up in HH's. So, the question that a site needs to answer to itself when pondering such a foul play is what is the exact percentage of hands to rig in order for them to not be discovered by analysis and to still bring a worthwhile profit to the company. Not to mention that this rig actually needs a lot more things taken into consideration, the effort, resources and time that would need to be put in to this sort of rig is too big and again, it's not profitable to the company. At least IMO, if others disagree, please do so and explain why.


I for one I pretty much disagree with this thread because of the nature of the riggie posters. If there were people who were posting like this for example: I believe Bovada Poker is rigged. Here is my hand history sample ( assuming that the sample is not 10 hands but decent enough ) I find anomalies in my hands, can somebody better than me at statistics check them out and see if there is something sketchy going on ? Instead of : " It's raining outside, that means Pokerstars is rigged today and 6 2 offsuit is the hand to shove with".



And as a sidenote: I play on Pokerstars. They use a static shuffle as far as I know. That means once the cards are dealt, they cannot be changed, the shuffle happens before a hand. They use hardware RNG's with player actions ( mouse movements ) and beams of light as sources of entropy to ensure true randomness. That shuffle was proven to be random by authorised 3rd parties and by players alike. I know that Full Tilt uses the same and I'm pretty sure other top sites use this method as well.
So take these points.
If they rig 1 hand per 1000 no one would not notice but the increase in profit is so small right?
Take this scenario. Pokerstars deals like say 10,000 hands per hour for example. So they would rig 10 hands per hour. Small results. But say those hands they rig stop 10 players from going broke with the last of their bankroll. Now that player maybe plays 10,000 more hands X 10 players for 100,000 more hands played then they would have before if they had gone broke. What money do they make on 100,000 hands? Probably not so small now right ? So over the course of a day they could rig 1 in 1,000 and maybe get an extra 100,000 out of those rigs multiplied by 24 hours in a day. That is alot of extra hands by players who may have busted their accounts are now able to play.

Last edited by Mike Haven; 03-23-2017 at 06:54 AM. Reason: 2 posts merged
jungmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:59 PM   #82623
Obvious Shill Alt
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 416
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmit View Post
I only post my results when money is put up. Many here think I am a losing player and if they want to put up money then I will post my results. Until thst time u see nothing.
So a never-gonna-happen bet to stroke your ego is more important to you than exposing cheating?

Even if someone agrees to bet on whether or not you're a winning player you refuse to escrow with anyone but random friends of yours or something, so you expect someone to just take your word that you'll pay them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmit View Post
If they rig 1 hand per 1000 no one would not notice but the increase in profit is so small right?
Take this scenario. Pokerstars deals like say 10,000 hands per hour for example. So they would rig 10 hands per hour. Small results. But say those hands they rig stop 10 players from going broke with the last of their bankroll. Now that player maybe plays 10,000 more hands
Please explain the bolded. How is someone being saved from losing their last buy in going to miraculously play 10,000 more hands with that one buyin? What would actually happen is the fish Stars chooses to bail out that one hand is going to play maaaaaaybe 100 more hands before pulling another dumb fish move and getting stacked.

That's the problem with any of these oh-so-clever rigs that only rig .1% of the hands, there's literally no point to it and the sites might maaaaaaaybe get to rake a few more hands.

Increasing tournament rake by a tiny amount is infinitely more profitable, and it's also infinitely easier.
Obvious Shill Alt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:22 PM   #82624
Freewill2112
veteran
 
Freewill2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die.
Posts: 3,202
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obvious Shill Alt View Post
Increasing tournament rake by a tiny amount is infinitely more profitable, and it's also infinitely easier.
For that matter, so is raising rake in cash games.
Freewill2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:22 PM   #82625
DustinOGCharger
self-banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: ohio
Posts: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obvious Shill Alt View Post
So a never-gonna-happen bet to stroke your ego is more important to you than exposing cheating?

Even if someone agrees to bet on whether or not you're a winning player you refuse to escrow with anyone but random friends of yours or something, so you expect someone to just take your word that you'll pay them.
Please explain the bolded. How is someone being saved from losing their last buy in going to miraculously play 10,000 more hands with that one buyin? What would actually happen is the fish Stars chooses to bail out that one hand is going to play maaaaaaybe 100 more hands before pulling another dumb fish move and getting stacked.

That's the problem with any of these oh-so-clever rigs that only rig .1% of the hands, there's literally no point to it and the sites might maaaaaaaybe get to rake a few more hands.

Increasing tournament rake by a tiny amount is infinitely more profitable, and it's also infinitely easier.
It also makes the fish feel like he or she has a chance so they deposit again. It not really bout the money they make on rigged hand but about long term. Some sites will favorite you if you just got done depositing. So when you start losing you remember when you were winning and keep playing and depositing. Some sites with give you money back after a period of time just to get you to comeback to the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewill2112 View Post
For that matter, so is raising rake in cash games.
It is also very obvious and they may lose player over it.

Last edited by Mike Haven; 03-23-2017 at 06:54 AM. Reason: 2 posts merged
DustinOGCharger is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online