Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Internet Poker Discussions of Internet poker venues, including RB & bonuses.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2018, 07:57 PM   #13651
a dewd
old hand
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 1,383
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmt4me View Post
WPN is a risk as a player because of the shaky foundation its built on- but as far as a DOJ investigation? nope

sheldon adelson is the reason online poker is dead in the US- so as long as he doesnt know WPN exists and doesnt tell his friend Trump, we should be good lol (relatively speaking)
That I think you're very wrong on. Their customer service is pretty bad, crashing issues are a pain in the ass, etc...but financially speaking, they are very very strong.
a dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:00 PM   #13652
dmt4me
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 49
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by a dewd View Post
That I think you're very wrong on. Their customer service is pretty bad, crashing issues are a pain in the ass, etc...but financially speaking, they are very very strong.


your first two points arent really relevant in this day and age (they should be though) - if your the only game in town you can get away with a lot

and i also disagree with them being “very very strong” financially- i dont know how you came up with that. i think they have enough money to payout winning players- that doesnt mean they are financially very very strong
dmt4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:24 PM   #13653
a dewd
old hand
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 1,383
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmt4me View Post
your first two points arent really relevant in this day and age (they should be though) - if your the only game in town you can get away with a lot

and i also disagree with them being “very very strong” financially- i dont know how you came up with that. i think they have enough money to payout winning players- that doesnt mean they are financially very very strong
If you're concerned if whether or not the pockets with say-so are deep or not, you can look Town view Trading up. The least of concerns is whether or not they can afford a small hit or ten.
a dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:27 PM   #13654
dmt4me
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 49
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by a dewd View Post
If you're concerned if whether or not the pockets with say-so are deep or not, you can look Town view Trading up. The least of concerns is whether or not they can afford a small hit or ten.


im not concerned about any of this stuff lol. im just giving my observation since returning from black friday

im not going to lie to you dewd - i was initially so shocked at how bad things were after so many years. but im content now- it works for what it is lol
dmt4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:34 PM   #13655
DaddyDuck
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 126
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
I'm not sure how he made your point - you're describing an entirely different situation, and your conclusions are based on a whole lot of speculation. Your "most likely scenario" doesn't seem very likely at all to me.
? Why are you chiming in on this at all? WPN cannot and will not be shutdown by DOJ. They have no business registration within the US, and don't conduct business on US soil or even an ally of US. They market to US players in states where they have no legal online options and are completely playing at there own risk.

But troll away for the good of the community.
DaddyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:56 AM   #13656
krcmdc
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 447
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahntrutahn View Post
Interesting how you draw this conclusion considering that the majority of sites shut down have had funds fully recovered by users.
Source?
krcmdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:25 AM   #13657
numberonedonk
old hand
 
numberonedonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Getting After It
Posts: 1,726
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmt4me View Post
WPN is a risk as a player because of the shaky foundation its built on- but as far as a DOJ investigation? nope

sheldon adelson is the reason online poker is dead in the US- so as long as he doesnt know WPN exists and doesnt tell his friend Trump, we should be good lol (relatively speaking)
Online poker is dead? News to me...I'm still printing
numberonedonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:01 AM   #13658
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 46,909
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyDuck View Post
? Why are you chiming in on this at all?
Is there some kind of secret handshake required to join in the conversation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyDuck View Post
WPN cannot and will not be shutdown by DOJ. They have no business registration within the US, and don't conduct business on US soil or even an ally of US.
While I don't think they're quite as invulnerable as you're suggesting here, I don't disagree with this general sentiment. What I was disagreeing with was your statements that "if they did you will not get a single penny back by way of US govt.", and "Most likely scenario is DOJ blocks their IP addresses and shortly after the site pops back up under a different name and IP... and all your funds that were in the account are gone." While either situation is possible, I don't think they are very likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyDuck View Post
But troll away for the good of the community.
Disagreeing does not equal trolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krcmdc View Post
Source?
Poker Stars, Full Tilt, Absolute Poker, Ultimate Bet - you don't need links to the threads, do you?

Unless you're disputing "have had funds fully recovered by users.", because this is incorrect. But I believe a large majority received most or all of their funds, and I'm assuming this is what he meant, but worded very poorly.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:40 AM   #13659
DaddyDuck
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 126
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
Is there some kind of secret handshake required to join in the conversation? Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread


While I don't think they're quite as invulnerable as you're suggesting here, I don't disagree with this general sentiment. What I was disagreeing with was your statements that "if they did you will not get a single penny back by way of US govt.", and "Most likely scenario is DOJ blocks their IP addresses and shortly after the site pops back up under a different name and IP... and all your funds that were in the account are gone." While either situation is possible, I don't think they are very likely.


Disagreeing does not equal trolling.


Poker Stars, Full Tilt, Absolute Poker, Ultimate Bet - you don't need links to the threads, do you?

Unless you're disputing "have had funds fully recovered by users.", because this is incorrect. But I believe a large majority received most or all of their funds, and I'm assuming this is what he meant, but worded very poorly.
All fair points Bobo. Bo handshake needed, but you dont even mess with these lobrow sites right? Most people I know still never received all of their funds back from Full Tilt or Ultimate Bet though and it took years to get back anything. My main argument about the differences between then and now is that at that time those sites were attempting to conduct business in the US in the proper legal fashion. Where as today these sites are basically hiding in plain site.

I am yes speculating that DOJ wouldnt recover funds because of jurisdiction and lack of american based bank accounts to be seized, but I dont truly know DOJ limitations. Just seems it would be a whole lot easier for DOJ to kick in the doors if Nagy had an office in say.. Arizona?
DaddyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:41 AM   #13660
krcmdc
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 447
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
Poker Stars, Full Tilt, Absolute Poker, Ultimate Bet - you don't need links to the threads, do you?
Really? So in your world, at most 7 internet poker sites have ever unexpectedly shut down?
krcmdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:13 AM   #13661
Donskey
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 39
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

How legitimate or trustworthy is the site?

I look at some of the big guarantee tourneys they offer. I see many same names playing them every week, (probably the good regs).

Now if WPN is as bad as some say they are, why would these regs keep playing these tourneys?

I sharkscope some of them and they're doing pretty well, they obviously have a decent bankroll and must withdraw regularly otherwise surely they wouldn't be playing on the site.
Donskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:59 AM   #13662
numberonedonk
old hand
 
numberonedonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Getting After It
Posts: 1,726
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donskey View Post
How legitimate or trustworthy is the site?

I look at some of the big guarantee tourneys they offer. I see many same names playing them every week, (probably the good regs).

Now if WPN is as bad as some say they are, why would these regs keep playing these tourneys?

I sharkscope some of them and they're doing pretty well, they obviously have a decent bankroll and must withdraw regularly otherwise surely they wouldn't be playing on the site.
Would I leave my roll on there? No.

My theory is as long as I'm making money on there and cashing out I don't see a reason to not play.

I think a good majority of the rigtards are losing players and just looking to place the blame someone because they suck at poker in 2018. Like one guy thinks cause he was a winning player online 10 years ago that he should still be winning today even though he probably hasn't changed his game or done any work to stay a winning player.

Poker isn't what it used to be and if you're not putting in the work you won't see the results.

Ali Imsirovic is a great example of what happens when you put in the work and he was grinding ACR just a few years ago
numberonedonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:00 AM   #13663
dropnloads
enthusiast
 
dropnloads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 99
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donskey View Post

I sharkscope some of them and they're doing pretty well, they obviously have a decent bankroll and must withdraw regularly otherwise surely they wouldn't be playing on the site.
I don't subscribe to Sharkscope and don't use it that much.
Your comment made me think however so I just went and checked my HEM.

This year I have played 41,220 hands. And I mostly hang in the SNG's - with some shots at $10 tournaments. And some 10 20 50 NL & PLO.

I have one villain with 962 hand history (is my Maximum). A couple dozen or so villains with several hundred hands plus. Overwhelming majority is < 100 hands.

Not seeing where the "regulars" are.

Let me say to the Nerds who are about to claim that 41 thousand hands is not a good sample size, "go F yourself" 41k is plenty.

Years ago, I would have hand histories in the thousands on players on sites like PS & FT that got much much higher traffic the WPN.

Possible that these Regs you mention are in the Higher Buy-Ins only - I don't play in those on WPN.
dropnloads is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online