Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Internet Poker Discussions of Internet poker venues, including RB & bonuses.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2018, 02:26 PM   #12701
WiCane
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,671
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by +EVillain View Post
Im writing this post because i am becoming fairly spooked by the activity im seeing on ACR in uNL and uPLO 6max tables.

what I am seeing looks like brazen multi accounting or botting, but im not sure what im looking at really. I dont have a HUD to compare stats between players. There are sets of accounts who sit at every stake level for long hours, they always sit at the same tables, and they dominate (up many many buy ins). The timing of their plays eerily similar, and they never seem to play pots against each other. When they do there are other players in the pot as well.

After seeing so much of this activity I am worried that this site is compromised and I am afraid to play there. I am hoping that I am just seeing super-skilled regs who play long hours and avoid playing pots with each other but this seems almost impossible given their behavior, win rate, timing, etc.

Does anyone have experience playing on ACR? Can anyone weigh in here and tell me if Im just seeing regs or something more sinister?

I didnt want to post this in the ACR subforum because I think it will just get lost in the fray
Name the stakes and players, I'll give my opinion

Last edited by Mike Haven; 07-12-2018 at 03:36 PM.
WiCane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:02 PM   #12702
Numbnutlow
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 78
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriots View Post
acr doesn't make the guarantees in big tournaments but they don't care because they get the players that tilted into the money and steal their money when they go double or nothing after 10-14 hours of battle or if theyre stupid enough to go to blackjack


acr are greedy and they don't hide it
To be fair I dont think they are that greedy. I self excluded from there site and they will not reopen my account. It is what i asked for and in the long run its good they dont. If they were that greedy they would reopen it.
Numbnutlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:07 PM   #12703
patriots
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 773
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

they are greedy by not even giving you a chance at blackjack
they are greedy by trying to steal your money after poker tournaments
they are greedy with ****ty bonus programs
patriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:18 PM   #12704
Jetfanmack
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 109
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

They just cancelled the Omaha 8 tournament in the middle of the event when every other table is working fine.
Jetfanmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:22 PM   #12705
lotuspod2
adept
 
lotuspod2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 834
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetfanmack View Post
They just cancelled the Omaha 8 tournament in the middle of the event when every other table is working fine.
Yeah that was ridiculous and cost me in a number of different ways, honestly I'm about done with WPN and those lame policies. All of their changes recently have just been worse and worse on top of ancient software, we need better options than this. Really disappointed in them
lotuspod2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:50 PM   #12706
ChipsAhoya
2011 $10k Stud8 Champion
 
ChipsAhoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Splitting pots on a slide
Posts: 6,851
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

I haven't been on WPN in a while; they just unwind an entire tournament?
ChipsAhoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:54 PM   #12707
Jetfanmack
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 109
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Yep. Was playing 5 tables on there. All of a sudden I got a popup that said something like, "This tournament has been cancelled. We are refunding you the money. Sorry for the inconvenience." I clicked it off immediately because I was playing a hand in another tournament, but the table closed and the lobby closed when I tried to click "Take My Seat."

Every other tournament I was playing was working fine.

I didn't end up seeing if it met the guarantee or not (I assume it did since lotuspod says so). I was top 5 in chips and had already collected a couple bounties, but since we weren't in the money yet, none of that mattered.
Jetfanmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 06:47 PM   #12708
Holdfast
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 37
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodsaint View Post
^^This. In 8 years of receiving checks, they were all in U.S. funds drawn on a N.Y. branch of a Canadian bank.
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I was on vacation for the past week... The thing is, if I was getting a $200 US dollar payout, then the Canadian check should have been for "more" than $200 (e.g., $250). But the check was only for $200. It didn't say "US dollars" on the check.
Holdfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:08 PM   #12709
lotuspod2
adept
 
lotuspod2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 834
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetfanmack View Post
Every other tournament I was playing was working fine.

I didn't end up seeing if it met the guarantee or not (I assume it did since lotuspod says so). I was top 5 in chips and had already collected a couple bounties, but since we weren't in the money yet, none of that mattered.
Yes it was well over the gtd, and this happens so much that I'm starting to think that people causing it are using it to angle. It would be so easy really with the kind of refund policy WPN uses.
lotuspod2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:12 PM   #12710
rtspurs
Stats Amore
 
rtspurs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: POGerstars
Posts: 17,683
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotuspod2 View Post
Yes it was well over the gtd, and this happens so much that I'm starting to think that people causing it are using it to angle. It would be so easy really with the kind of refund policy WPN uses.
How is it caused?
rtspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 01:53 PM   #12711
MUCKQ
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 28
Re: bots/multi accounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by +EVillain View Post
Im writing this post because i am becoming fairly spooked by the activity im seeing on ACR in uNL and uPLO 6max tables.

what I am seeing looks like brazen multi accounting or botting, but im not sure what im looking at really. I dont have a HUD to compare stats between players. There are sets of accounts who sit at every stake level for long hours, they always sit at the same tables, and they dominate (up many many buy ins). The timing of their plays eerily similar, and they never seem to play pots against each other. When they do there are other players in the pot as well.

After seeing so much of this activity I am worried that this site is compromised and I am afraid to play there. I am hoping that I am just seeing super-skilled regs who play long hours and avoid playing pots with each other but this seems almost impossible given their behavior, win rate, timing, etc.

Does anyone have experience playing on ACR? Can anyone weigh in here and tell me if Im just seeing regs or something more sinister?

I didnt want to post this in the ACR subforum because I think it will just get lost in the fray
Yep, theres actually quite a few names I know personally that do this. How I first came to know about it is this:

I'd find a table.. usually 6-max.. that had one player sitting down. I'd sit down with them to play heads up and within 2 seconds the table became full from the same 2-3 other user ID's. Tested my theory out on a few other tables and sure enough, same thing.. most from the same country. I usually don't mind it, tho. Im patient at table games anyways. And if its 3vs1 or 4vs1, you always have the minimal amount to lose apposed to them. If you have the nuts, u have the nuts. Bots dont scurr me... lol
MUCKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:02 AM   #12712
poppunk
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 277
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

It looks like ACR recently lost a way to accept Visa, it's gone from the deposit page. Was gonna toss a min. deposit back on there and dick around, and all my cards are Visa. Can't be good when bad casuals like me have to resort to using a bitcoin exchange to get money on.
poppunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:54 PM   #12713
patriots
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 773
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppunk View Post
It looks like ACR recently lost a way to accept Visa, it's gone from the deposit page. Was gonna toss a min. deposit back on there and dick around, and all my cards are Visa. Can't be good when bad casuals like me have to resort to using a bitcoin exchange to get money on.

yup that suks

sidenote...just lost 22 hands in a row playing their rigged blackjack..dollar a hand luckily
patriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:14 PM   #12714
patriots
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 773
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

29 out of 30

they take it personally when you split face cards or double on 8 or 9
patriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:43 PM   #12715
ImIIawesome
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 167
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Serious question and please don't butcher me for asking.

Outside of general maintenance updates that are done every so often...When was the last time ACR had a software update that added a new feature to the software. (I.E. Graphic changes, new formats, etc)

I thought I recalled rumblings of new software that was possibly being released around end of Q1 2018, but I might have just imagined that.

Has there been any talk of any software updates being done outside of maintenance?
ImIIawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:42 PM   #12716
kahntrutahn
Minbet Millionaire
 
kahntrutahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Slowly improving my website.
Posts: 7,901
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppunk View Post
It looks like ACR recently lost a way to accept Visa, it's gone from the deposit page. Was gonna toss a min. deposit back on there and dick around, and all my cards are Visa. Can't be good when bad casuals like me have to resort to using a bitcoin exchange to get money on.
Call support for assistance. They may be able to hook you up. Though ultimately, Bitcoin is the better play long-term.

--
Kahn
kahntrutahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:25 PM   #12717
Kropotking
newbie
 
Kropotking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 41
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Are there any known bot issues at the Jackpot Sngs/Spins on WPN as well?
Kropotking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 04:58 PM   #12718
poppunk
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 277
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahntrutahn View Post
Call support for assistance. They may be able to hook you up. Though ultimately, Bitcoin is the better play long-term.

--
Kahn
I checked again today, Visa is back, along with an American Express option.
poppunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 01:27 PM   #12719
patriots
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 773
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

do you guys think acr would offer double or nothing at the end of a tournament if it wasn't rigged?

I mean where is the money coming from and what would happen if everyone started doing it and winning?
patriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 02:15 PM   #12720
FreshThyme
old hand
 
FreshThyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,231
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriots View Post
do you guys think acr would offer double or nothing at the end of a tournament if it wasn't rigged?

I mean where is the money coming from and what would happen if everyone started doing it and winning?
I'm not sure you know how gambling works.
FreshThyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 02:36 PM   #12721
patriots
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshThyme View Post
I'm not sure you know how gambling works.

I admit its frustrating to play 14 hours of poker only to have some rigged pop up ask me if I want to flip a coin for my winnings

for the record im 1 for 6

Last edited by Mike Haven; 07-20-2018 at 02:46 PM. Reason: 2 posts merged
patriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 03:45 PM   #12722
Fletch F. Fletch
centurion
 
Fletch F. Fletch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 115
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Are there actually people on this site that think that the blackjack and double or nothing aren't rigged in some manner?
Fletch F. Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 01:52 AM   #12723
Holdfast
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 37
Thumbs up Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUCKQ View Post
Strange, when I used to cash out on Bovada, I'd also receive checks from Canada, however it would always say it was being paid in US DOLLARS. Hopefully this wasn't an error on the banks part for overlooking that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiCane View Post
See if the check was in US funds, most are. It could be a bank error
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodsaint View Post
^^This. In 8 years of receiving checks, they were all in U.S. funds drawn on a N.Y. branch of a Canadian bank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Huntington View Post
So was it in another currency or is that some kind of transaction fee? What currency does Canada use?
Turns out it WAS a BANK ERROR! They credited me the full amount the other day!

Last edited by Mike Haven; 07-21-2018 at 12:41 PM.
Holdfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:51 AM   #12724
preki
adept
 
preki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,147
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

I got in the top 10 of the freeroll tourney race that ended yesterday. Does anyone know what tourney I won a ticket for and when I'll get that ticket? thx
preki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:46 AM   #12725
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 47,087
Re: Ex-Official Winning Poker Network (ACR, BCP, True) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriots View Post
acr doesn't make the guarantees in big tournaments but they don't care because they get the players that tilted into the money and steal their money when they go double or nothing after 10-14 hours of battle or if theyre stupid enough to go to blackjack
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriots View Post
they are greedy by not even giving you a chance at blackjack
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriots View Post
sidenote...just lost 22 hands in a row playing their rigged blackjack..dollar a hand luckily
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriots View Post
29 out of 30

they take it personally when you split face cards or double on 8 or 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriots View Post
do you guys think acr would offer double or nothing at the end of a tournament if it wasn't rigged?

I mean where is the money coming from and what would happen if everyone started doing it and winning?
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriots View Post
I admit its frustrating to play 14 hours of poker only to have some rigged pop up ask me if I want to flip a coin for my winnings

for the record im 1 for 6
We have BBV for your bad beat stories, and a thread in this forum for your rigged theories. This thread isn't the place for either one.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online