Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Internet Poker Discussions of Internet poker venues, including RB & bonuses.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2019, 04:13 AM   #37176
xLAGERTHAx
grinder
 
xLAGERTHAx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 468
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

For those unaware, PP will be down from approx 10:00 - 11:00 CET today for maintenance.

Following this, there will be a client update to implement various fixes and improvements.
xLAGERTHAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:56 AM   #37177
pekson
journeyman
 
pekson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 206
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

having trouble with software after update... it cant open, open for a second and just disappear and again...
pekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:26 AM   #37178
Trompe_Le_Monde
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekson View Post
having trouble with software after update... it cant open, open for a second and just disappear and again...
I'm having the same issue. They're probably still updating their bot network.
Trompe_Le_Monde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:31 AM   #37179
xLAGERTHAx
grinder
 
xLAGERTHAx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 468
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekson View Post
having trouble with software after update... it cant open, open for a second and just disappear and again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trompe_Le_Monde View Post
I'm having the same issue. They're probably still updating their bot network.
I had the same issue. You will need to uninstall PP and re-install it from the website. It will work fine again after that.
xLAGERTHAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:40 AM   #37180
Trompe_Le_Monde
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLAGERTHAx View Post
I had the same issue. You will need to uninstall PP and re-install it from the website. It will work fine again after that.
Thanks, that fixed it.
Trompe_Le_Monde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:49 AM   #37181
xLAGERTHAx
grinder
 
xLAGERTHAx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 468
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trompe_Le_Monde View Post
Thanks, that fixed it.
xLAGERTHAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:30 AM   #37182
Jimbojambo91
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 68
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

sucks there's still no way to add mtts to your favorites..would be very useful since their lobby filters arent great either.

guess ill use the ol' sticky notes on the monitor trick
Jimbojambo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:19 AM   #37183
Meshuggah85
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 66
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

any chance for an updated mac version soon?
Meshuggah85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 12:43 PM   #37184
Laaksolahti
stranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 8
Wow did they really remove the option to switch seat? It's terrible to play heads up when you sit in upper seat in 50% of tables wtf.

Never mind it was just my computer now it works.

Last edited by Mike Haven; 03-14-2019 at 09:16 PM. Reason: 2 posts merged
Laaksolahti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:49 PM   #37185
PaulyJames200x
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,483
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Everytime my tournaments on partypoker bust, after a short while partypoker disconnects and then i get logged out. Then i get that message to log back in again. This happens every single time once i bust out of all partypoker tournaments. Anyone else have the same issue? This happens all the time. The other annoying thing is when you get a table change, the partypoker lobby pops up on the screen every single time. I use partycaption. Anyone know how to fix this issue?
PaulyJames200x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 06:16 AM   #37186
pekson
journeyman
 
pekson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 206
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLAGERTHAx View Post
I had the same issue. You will need to uninstall PP and re-install it from the website. It will work fine again after that.
tnx man... downloading now new update, hopefully all will be good
pekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:33 PM   #37187
slinkie
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 270
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Hi all,

I have played a couple of satellites to win $55 tickets. I have won 2 but when I check my ticket balance I only have one option to choose. Is this right? What if I only need one entry to this tournament, is one ticket then wasted?

See screen shot below.

slinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:00 PM   #37188
xLAGERTHAx
grinder
 
xLAGERTHAx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 468
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkie View Post
Hi all,

I have played a couple of satellites to win $55 tickets. I have won 2 but when I check my ticket balance I only have one option to choose. Is this right? What if I only need one entry to this tournament, is one ticket then wasted?

See screen shot below.

What 'usually' happens in a situation like the one you've described above is the following:

As long as you have used a ticket to enter the event (and then not needed or had the opportunity to re-enter with another ticket), any subsequent tickets won and not used will be converted to either T$ or general Tickets (in this case $55 Power Series tickets), after the series is finished.

I can't be 100% certain that's what will happen in this situation but, if past series/events are anything to go by, then that scenario is highly likely - especially considering there is only 1 $55 Monster event and you therefore don't have an opportunity to use one of your tickets in another Monster event.

Only way to be totally sure if the above applies in this case, is to contact PP directly and ask for confirmation of what i've outlined to you.
xLAGERTHAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 07:53 PM   #37189
mpieczarka
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1
PartyPoker does not know poker rules

Hi! I am an intermediate poker player. I play on Party Poker.

Today I asked Party's chat support where I can find the official rules of poker. The codified rules they use in their own games. On their website I could only find some basic info like hand rankings, blinds etc. But I was looking for some more detailed things, like how the minraise is calculated.

I was very surprised because this seemingly simple question required 4 different people I had to talk to. None of them was able to answer my question. Two of them tried to convince me that minraise is simply twice the last raise, which is simply wrong.

One consultant said that this is not information available to players. That the system they have calculates it but they don't have permission to share the details.

In the end, the final answer was that I should go to google. Because they play according to the "like everybody" rules. They refused to provide me with direct link to any site, just asked me to look for "standard poker rules".

Is it normal? Am I weird assuming they should have some official document stating what are the rules of games they offer?
mpieczarka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 02:37 PM   #37190
MTTman
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkie View Post
Hi all,

I have played a couple of satellites to win $55 tickets. I have won 2 but when I check my ticket balance I only have one option to choose. Is this right? What if I only need one entry to this tournament, is one ticket then wasted?

See screen shot below.

I think the same thing happened to me. I had a 55 dollar ticket and it just disappeared. I asked support and they said it expired? I was like I had no idea these expired and was never sent an email or anything? Then when i asked live support, they spin this bull**** about how the ticket doesn't have any value even though i spent real deposited money to win it. I really feel like this money was stolen for me, quite annoying. Could it be perhaps your ticket expired?
MTTman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:36 PM   #37191
Anom1c
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: belgium
Posts: 17
Re: PartyPoker does not know poker rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpieczarka View Post
Hi! I am an intermediate poker player. I play on Party Poker.

Today I asked Party's chat support where I can find the official rules of poker. The codified rules they use in their own games. On their website I could only find some basic info like hand rankings, blinds etc. But I was looking for some more detailed things, like how the minraise is calculated.

I was very surprised because this seemingly simple question required 4 different people I had to talk to. None of them was able to answer my question. Two of them tried to convince me that minraise is simply twice the last raise, which is simply wrong.

One consultant said that this is not information available to players. That the system they have calculates it but they don't have permission to share the details.

In the end, the final answer was that I should go to google. Because they play according to the "like everybody" rules. They refused to provide me with direct link to any site, just asked me to look for "standard poker rules".

Is it normal? Am I weird assuming they should have some official document stating what are the rules of games they offer?
Hi, I'm an intermediate player too.

The minimum amount you can raise is basically the amount that the last raiser added, with a minimum of 1bb.

unopened preflop, no bets postflop: 0-0=0 -> you can raise to 1bb or more
vs 2,5bb open: 2,5-1=1,5 -> you can raise to 4bb or more
vs 3bb open: 3-1=2 -> you can raise to 5bb or more

vs 4bb cbet: 4-0=4 -> you can raise to 8bb or more
vs 10bb 3bet vs 3bb open: 10-3=7 -> you can raise to 17bb or more

Play with me some time, you can find me at nl200 6max

Last edited by Anom1c; 03-16-2019 at 03:41 PM.
Anom1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:40 PM   #37192
xLAGERTHAx
grinder
 
xLAGERTHAx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 468
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTTman View Post
I think the same thing happened to me. I had a 55 dollar ticket and it just disappeared. I asked support and they said it expired? I was like I had no idea these expired and was never sent an email or anything? Then when i asked live support, they spin this bull**** about how the ticket doesn't have any value even though i spent real deposited money to win it. I really feel like this money was stolen for me, quite annoying. Could it be perhaps your ticket expired?
I don't think you understand the situation at play.

OP still has the tickets - they have not disappeared or expired. They are series main event tickets and the main event in question hasn't taken place yet.

I've already advised in my previous post what is likely to happen, based on the actual situation and the questions OP asked.
xLAGERTHAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 04:05 PM   #37193
slinkie
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 270
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTTman View Post
I think the same thing happened to me. I had a 55 dollar ticket and it just disappeared. I asked support and they said it expired? I was like I had no idea these expired and was never sent an email or anything? Then when i asked live support, they spin this bull**** about how the ticket doesn't have any value even though i spent real deposited money to win it. I really feel like this money was stolen for me, quite annoying. Could it be perhaps your ticket expired?
You can see in my screen shot (which you quoted) it has an expires date in the ticket detail.....
slinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:30 AM   #37194
purplecard
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 226
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady899 View Post
Yes this is really bad.

And the client for partypoker.se is the old one for me. Lags alot, cant switch between chipstacks/bb, tourneylobbies are awful. All great changes PP did during 2018 is gone with the swedish client and there looks to be no way to update it.

Do you experience the same?
I use partycaption and are happy with that.
purplecard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 02:59 PM   #37195
AnjoFish
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 50
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

is it just me having problems with mac client?
AnjoFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:42 PM   #37196
PaulyJames200x
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,483
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Okay so i did not hit 25 points. Where is the option to spin the wheel? I went to freespins and there is nothing there?
PaulyJames200x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:26 PM   #37197
xLAGERTHAx
grinder
 
xLAGERTHAx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 468
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyJames200x View Post
Okay so i did not hit 25 points. Where is the option to spin the wheel? I went to freespins and there is nothing there?
Cashback is usually paid within approx 2hrs of the week finishing where as, the wheel spins are awarded later.

As I stated in one of my previous posts, the wheel spins will be available from 12pm (CET) on the following Monday (approx 8 hrs from now).

You'll know when the spins have been issued to players and are ready for you to use, as you will get an email notifying you of this, along with a link in the email taking you to spin the wheel on the website.
xLAGERTHAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:32 PM   #37198
PaulyJames200x
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,483
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Alright thanks for that info. I was confused why it didn't show up since i had under 25 points but more than 5 points.
PaulyJames200x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:36 AM   #37199
CheekiBreeki
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 81
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

party reduced the maximum prizepool of their $50 spins back to 500k from 2million
and there is no one in the recent winners list that won 2million
what a ****show haha
CheekiBreeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:04 PM   #37200
ladysharrow
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 215
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

what a joke.70 % of the FF NL500 pool are from Finland.
ladysharrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online