Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Internet Poker Discussions of Internet poker venues, including RB & bonuses.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2019, 07:10 PM   #37076
MistressShan
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 33
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Couldn't log in a few moments ago.. But it's fine now.
MistressShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:37 PM   #37077
FarseerFinland
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 1,654
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon74 View Post
I did get a personal email offer yesterday - the cashback points that I'd earn during the entire day would be doubled. The offer was made after my balance fell to 1 cent, though

(The reason why my balance was positive at all was that I'd got a generous reload offer of $22 + $5.50 MTT tickets for any $10+ deposit last Friday, after a lot of months of inactivity.)
Anyone else got these? I've got absolutely 0 promotions after last October got some "we'll give you 50% rb for few weeks" which was only special promotion I've got like 2 years @ Party.

Maybe I should withdraw all my funds too now that I have 0T$ on my account
FarseerFinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:02 PM   #37078
CorrectSide
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 226
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

0 promotions for me for at least 2-3 last months.
CorrectSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:41 PM   #37079
coon74
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 10,671
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarseerFinland View Post
Anyone else got these? I've got absolutely 0 promotions after last October got some "we'll give you 50% rb for few weeks" which was only special promotion I've got like 2 years @ Party.
I'm afraid just a withdrawal won't work; losing might work, but you'd rather be winning with no promotions than losing and getting offers

(I'm fine, just the lags of the client put me on a bit of tilt )
coon74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:35 PM   #37080
Logical user
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 107
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fodersneso View Post
yeah WTF is going on with all these accounts from Kazakhstan suddenly popping up?!? Don't you guys at party think, this looks extremely bad? Do you even care?

Als ridiculous move not to post on 2+2 anymore. This is about pulling out of CS more than anything else. Do you guys really think a company this big makes decisions like that because of CHOMP lmao?
They're also starting to dodge customers again like they did in the past. Apparently most problems are on our end again. Next thing they introduce chests.

Collette did (for the most part) a great job communicating with the "relevant teams" in this muddled trainwreck of a company...she was like one of the only good things about partypoker from a player perspective. Now you have to write an email directly to her or something. What a joke. I feel sorry for her TBH.

"At partypoker, we are always listening to our players and updating our software, allowing us to deliver an unbeatable poker experience."

The disconnects/server problems came back and the new revamped client is full of new bugs. Running these things constantly into the ground is the one thing you can count on.
If they were willing to learn, they probaby would be the biggest pokersite by now.

I know these are supposed to be the "good people" in the company (and I'm sure others (management in particular) are far worse decision makers and have the moral compass of a cockroach), but who in poker has much good to say about people like pads, John Duthie or Rob Yong? Will be VEEERYY hard to find someone outside of BitB, Party or a Joey Ingram puff piece™ (I love your work Joey, but the pods with Yong and Duthie were hard to watch. Could have been an epic unparalleled investigative Joey Ingram masterpiece™, but you were uninformed and just wanted to be nice.)

I don't want to say much about pads (would be too long of a post), but Yong and Duthie are just two cringeworthy low-IQ gambling addicts with a distinct business sense and above average social skills, thinking (or pretending) to "make poker great again". Lots of impulsive decision making going on there.

To us plebs it really looks something like this:
"Hey Rob, what you think about making everything an unlimited reentry and get rid of rebuys and then reintroduce rebuys and then make 2 reentries and then make everything a freezeout again and then come back with 3 reentries and get rid of rebuys again and change schedule + structures all the time?"
Rob: "Yeah let's just try that out, whatever happens happens, I'm just a button clicker weeeeee!"

I know pads thinks this recklessness is great, but it really isn't.
It drives customers nuts, always having to watch out for all of these unannounced changes.
At some point everyone says "They changed everything again? Enough is enough, I don't want to deal with this anymore". I didn't make this up, this is what people I've talked to have said and some quit playing on the site, because the whole experience is as messy as ever and the constant changes are just the straw that broke the camel's back.

In general it seems hard to understand for you guys that the customer is not a beta-testing guinea pig^^

"Team partypoker is formed of some of the world’s most elite players, representing partypoker in both online tournaments as well as at live events in their respective countries all around the globe."

Signing Holz, Sontheimer, Thomas, Simunic and whoever else was a great move! They're streaming on twitch complaining about how bad the software is and trolling the company. Really curious about how the brand benefits from their "big" names.

What do I know....I'm not a business pro like you guys, just some sucker paying rake
This is an excellent post which reflects almost every conversation about Party i've ever had with top pro's and recs alike. They need to change their entire management structure, and immediately sack all of the people advising them because not only are they some of the least popular and least trusted people in the poker world - There are also enormous conflicts of interest in other areas which is likely the reason for the terrible advise that they offer.

I can't see Party getting any bigger until this + a lot of other stuff happens.
Logical user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 04:36 AM   #37081
insyder19
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
insyder19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,063
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

A friend of mine received a deposit bonus, 20% up to 5k. He has been running ****.

PP signed Trueteller and Fish2012 (not sure about the year) to help them with decision making. So that's a good step forward.
insyder19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 05:04 AM   #37082
pokerColette
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gibraltar
Posts: 5,138
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fodersneso View Post
yeah WTF is going on with all these accounts from Kazakhstan suddenly popping up?!? Don't you guys at party think, this looks extremely bad? Do you even care?

Als ridiculous move not to post on 2+2 anymore. This is about pulling out of CS more than anything else. Do you guys really think a company this big makes decisions like that because of CHOMP lmao?
They're also starting to dodge customers again like they did in the past. Apparently most problems are on our end again. Next thing they introduce chests.

Collette did (for the most part) a great job communicating with the "relevant teams" in this muddled trainwreck of a company...she was like one of the only good things about partypoker from a player perspective. Now you have to write an email directly to her or something. What a joke. I feel sorry for her TBH.

"At partypoker, we are always listening to our players and updating our software, allowing us to deliver an unbeatable poker experience."

The disconnects/server problems came back and the new revamped client is full of new bugs. Running these things constantly into the ground is the one thing you can count on.
If they were willing to learn, they probaby would be the biggest pokersite by now.

I know these are supposed to be the "good people" in the company (and I'm sure others (management in particular) are far worse decision makers and have the moral compass of a cockroach), but who in poker has much good to say about people like pads, John Duthie or Rob Yong? Will be VEEERYY hard to find someone outside of BitB, Party or a Joey Ingram puff piece™ (I love your work Joey, but the pods with Yong and Duthie were hard to watch. Could have been an epic unparalleled investigative Joey Ingram masterpiece™, but you were uninformed and just wanted to be nice.)

I don't want to say much about pads (would be too long of a post), but Yong and Duthie are just two cringeworthy low-IQ gambling addicts with a distinct business sense and above average social skills, thinking (or pretending) to "make poker great again". Lots of impulsive decision making going on there.

To us plebs it really looks something like this:
"Hey Rob, what you think about making everything an unlimited reentry and get rid of rebuys and then reintroduce rebuys and then make 2 reentries and then make everything a freezeout again and then come back with 3 reentries and get rid of rebuys again and change schedule + structures all the time?"
Rob: "Yeah let's just try that out, whatever happens happens, I'm just a button clicker weeeeee!"

I know pads thinks this recklessness is great, but it really isn't.
It drives customers nuts, always having to watch out for all of these unannounced changes.
At some point everyone says "They changed everything again? Enough is enough, I don't want to deal with this anymore". I didn't make this up, this is what people I've talked to have said and some quit playing on the site, because the whole experience is as messy as ever and the constant changes are just the straw that broke the camel's back.

In general it seems hard to understand for you guys that the customer is not a beta-testing guinea pig^^

"Team partypoker is formed of some of the world’s most elite players, representing partypoker in both online tournaments as well as at live events in their respective countries all around the globe."

Signing Holz, Sontheimer, Thomas, Simunic and whoever else was a great move! They're streaming on twitch complaining about how bad the software is and trolling the company. Really curious about how the brand benefits from their "big" names.

What do I know....I'm not a business pro like you guys, just some sucker paying rake
"Als ridiculous move not to post on 2+2 anymore. This is about pulling out of CS more than anything else. Do you guys really think a company this big makes decisions like that because of CHOMP lmao?
They're also starting to dodge customers again like they did in the past. Apparently most problems are on our end again. Next thing they introduce chests."

We opted to no longer post on 2+2 in an official capacity for various reasons and ended our agreement at the end of 2018
Chomp and such posters had no relevance to our decision

We offer for our player's various contact methods - Customer service is available 24/7, for VIPs there is a dedicated host team, for Elite users, we offer the Diamond club
For others who prefer social media we have multiple facebook groups and communities alongside twitter and discord
We also plan to run various player forums both live and online
Myself - I am happy to be contacted and shared my details with the group - players can reach out via email, FB or twitter

Thanks

Colette
pokerColette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 01:12 PM   #37083
Fodersneso
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 250
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerColette View Post
We opted to no longer post on 2+2 in an official capacity for various reasons and ended our agreement at the end of 2018
Chomp and such posters had no relevance to our decision
Thank you for chiming in, Colette!

1) CS: I had several problems with my account (all the result of blantant incompetence ON YOUR END) in the last weeks and CS just gave me the impression, that things are back to where they were like 8 years ago.

Telling the customer, everything is his fault, when it clearly isn't, just isn't good business. I thought this was a thing of the past. Same for employees just leaving the live-chat, because they don't have any answers and don't know from where to get them.

Maybe this was just a rare exception and I was unlucky and had to deal with the two employees, that didn't change at all in the last decade, but wanted to share my experience, because that's what customers do.

2) This thread: Well, it would sure as hell be interesting to hear, what those "various reasons" were, that led to "opting to no longer post on 2+2".
Those "various reasons" probably speak volumes about the direction, partypoker is headed in.

Let me say this much: The decision doesn't make partypoker a better product

3) Off topic: I forgot to add in my last post, that it's embarrassing to see people like Yong and Duthie are allowed to play on the site.

In general I think it's fine, when people involved in the company play on the site (as long as their initials are not RH).

John Duthie (or whoever plays on this account) plays almost completely braindead poker, gets into ridicoulous spots, is way too aggressive etc. All in all he's just great to play against

But it's just alarming to me, when the guy manages to call off 120BB pre, deep in a tournament, against a recreational (who is down almost 100k on the site) with A3s and busts the guy. I saw him do this in a tournament and in a similar hand in a cash game a while ago.
It's somewhat entertaining when he wins like this against regs, but it's a disaster for the "reputation" of the site, when it happens against the whale.

Imagine this scenario: the guy lost 100k donking around in your tournaments, is not very smart, but has money...starts to think poker is somehow rigged against him or who knows what's going on...

And then this hand happens.

Then he recognizes the stupid sign next to John Duthies name and googles him only to find out that the guy, that just busted him in a fashion he has never seen before, is directly involved in the company

"HE PROBABLY KNEW WHAT WAS COMING ON THE RIVER!"

Do you think Phil Galfond's playing on his new site lol?
It just looks bad and shady! Stop being bad and shady, partypoker!
Fodersneso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:15 AM   #37084
viking1
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 748
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by insyder19 View Post
A friend of mine received a deposit bonus, 20% up to 5k. He has been running ****.

PP signed Trueteller and Fish2012 (not sure about the year) to help them with decision making. So that's a good step forward.
LOL , so did I , after I accepted the 20% bonus offer , I am running worse than ever before. I know, it's just "variance". Sure it is....
viking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:50 AM   #37085
mirage01
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,151
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking1 View Post
LOL , so did I , after I accepted the 20% bonus offer , I am running worse than ever before. I know, it's just "variance". Sure it is....

Quote:
"At partypoker, we are always listening to our players and updating our software, allowing us to deliver an unbeatable poker experience."
they sure got that part right lol party is a joke.
mirage01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:00 PM   #37086
hawk86
stranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 13
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by insyder19 View Post
A friend of mine received a deposit bonus, 20% up to 5k. He has been running ****.

PP signed Trueteller and Fish2012 (not sure about the year) to help them with decision making. So that's a good step forward.
sometimes party will be trouble with kind of bonus
hawk86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:34 PM   #37087
marcinos
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Hi

Is it possible to set a black background that will not change depending on the multiplier on spin and go. I would like something easy to look at. Preferably two players upstairs. On the stars, I have it set up as in the picture below. I have partcaption but something does not work for me their layout (a year ago it worked)



marcinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:20 PM   #37088
Top Pig
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 540
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Thought Stars had the most victimising timebanks in the world til I tried Party, the FF timebank is a joke. By the time you've looked at any hand history or written 3.5 words in a note, you're ****ed. Infringement of human rights. Reported
Top Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:24 AM   #37089
insyder19
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
insyder19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,063
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Does anyone know how to export player notes?
insyder19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:02 AM   #37090
voy@ger
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 135
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Copy/paste Notes.txt
voy@ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:41 PM   #37091
Megloooo
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Megloooo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .
Posts: 8,451
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Saturday night someone called me claiming to be from party, claiming they are doing a standard security check on my account and asked my to confirm my DOB and first line of address.

Is this legit? Anyone had this before? Ive played on probably 100+ poker sites over the last 10 years and not once has a poker site every called my phone
Megloooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:50 PM   #37092
giegling
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 103
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

almost 100% a scam! can you write down the number? similar thing also happened to me yesterday evening, a phone call from montreal, canada, I didnt answer, becuase why the f would someone from montreal call me (I'm an euro)
giegling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:47 AM   #37093
Megloooo
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Megloooo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .
Posts: 8,451
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

It was from a withheld number, the guy seemed kind of stuttery too, like he wasnt too sure what he was really asking.
Megloooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:04 PM   #37094
MicroRoller
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,532
NJ PartyPoker opening raise sizes

I spent some months not playing online at nj.partypoker and I noticed that recently people's opening raise sizes have been different.

With the way the software is you can easily make certain bet sizes. You can min raise. Use the x2 x3 or x4 tab buttons where x2 makes it 4x so I don't even know what the x2 means but they're all in increments of whole big blinds.

Lately I've been seeing a lot of 2.5, 2.6, 2.8 etc opening raises from a lot of players. Some that seem new. they are making these bet sizes consistently and fast. The only way to do it in the stock njpp client is to type it in which would take time but it's happening too fast to be typed in. Some of the players doing it don't seem like the type that would invest in something like TableNinja or even really know about it or other software.

Anybody know what's going on? Does the Borgata skin have different bet sizing options? Is there some AHK or other cheap/free betsizing program out there? I haven't seen anything.

Also what happened to the nj.partypoker forum on here? I don't see buttons to post a new thread or even reply.
MicroRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 02:06 PM   #37095
Mike Haven
Moderotor of Moderots
 
Mike Haven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Self-flagellating re poor modding
Posts: 13,404
Re: NJ PartyPoker opening raise sizes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroRoller View Post
Also what happened to the nj.partypoker forum on here? I don't see buttons to post a new thread or even reply.
Since PartyPoker ceased offering support, the sponsored forum was closed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerColette View Post
All - I can confirm on the 31st December we will cease offering our support via the 2+2 forums
I will no longer post as partypoker rep and our threads will not be maintained going forward

We will offer support for the players and community via various social media channels and country-specific forum groups on Facebook
Our customer service team can be contacted 24/7 and can offer assistance for all poker queries

I will continue to support partypoker in my rep role and can be reached via Twitter, Facebook or email should you wish to deal with myself personally

Twitter - LittleDog78
Facebook - Colette Stewart
colettepartypoker@gmail.com

I thank you all for the feedback and interaction over many years and wish you all the best at our tables

Should you have any questions regarding the above, please contact me via PM
I will continue to support the thread until the end of December

Kind regards,

Colette
Mike Haven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 03:31 PM   #37096
MicroRoller
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,532
Re: NJ PartyPoker opening raise sizes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Haven View Post
Since PartyPoker ceased offering support, the sponsored forum was closed:
Can you put that in the nj.party poker forum sticky please?
MicroRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:18 PM   #37097
depowly
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3
Thumbs down Partypoker lobby glitch. Eugh

Hey lads,

Been an age since I posted here but just wanted to raise a point of issue surrounding the Partypoker lobby.

Anyone else notice that when buying in to tourneys the lobby has a habit of jumping when trying to reg a few tourneys quickly?

You might try and reg a few in a row and end up buying into one below the target buy in by accident. Case in point I mistakenly bought into a $530 yesterday while trying to reg for an $11 and a $5.50 I think it was. Needless to say this was a painful mistake. If Im imagining it fair enough but I really feel that jumpy glitchy lobby has a lot to answer for. Admittedly there was an error my end but my lawd can they not make the thing smoother? Is it really that hard?



I sat out and got live chat going in an attempt to abandon ship but the powers that be were having none of it. So once I realised that there was literally zero chance of an opt out I gave it a lash and was unsuccessful. The Party team might have taken a look at my avg previous buy in of around $11 (over 3k games) and figured out it was a mistake but nah. No interest. Note this happened to me once at stars and as a courtesy they refunded the rake part of buy in. Note the Stars lobby is not glitchy. It goes without saying that people might engineer a 'mistake' in this way but this just wasnt the case here at all. Horrible filthy Party lobby.



As a extra sickener I had previously asked Party to cap my buy ins to avoid this kidn of crap happening but was told they were unable to do this their end? What kind of program is this thing? Eugh.



Im just venting. But if there is any substance to what Im saying please chime in. Its gonna be a crap month of beans on toast. Cheers lads.
depowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 11:50 PM   #37098
EroticKitty
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 43
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

hey there people. do you know if HM2 is workiing now on FF tables?.
EroticKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:18 AM   #37099
eunhobea
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 68
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Is FF losing connection for anyone else??? It has happened 3 times this hour.
eunhobea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:54 AM   #37100
SmbSmbSmb
HaxBallin'
 
SmbSmbSmb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,752
Re: Ex-Official PartyPoker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunhobea View Post
Is FF losing connection for anyone else??? It has happened 3 times this hour.
holy **** you still play?! what's your sn? (PM if you prefer)
SmbSmbSmb is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online