Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Internet Poker Discussions of Internet poker venues.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2018, 09:53 PM   #26
Avaritia
Confirmed 2500 hour haver
 
Avaritia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dante's Inferno
Posts: 9,913
re: Bovada/Bodog Superuser / cheating?

Sigh. Pulling up rando retarded bad beats will never reveal anything. Bovada/iggy has the neat feature of revealing all cards 24 hours later. Show us villain stuffing 84o one hand, and then open folding AQ the next hand. i.e., showing retarded hands does not demonstrate anything on its own. Showing erratic play, especially which seems to ignore hand rankings, would be the type of evidence you’d want to provide when outing a super user.
Avaritia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:00 PM   #27
HisandHerpes
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 327
re: Bovada/Bodog Superuser / cheating?

Its nearing 48 hours. Post the hole cards so we can find out once and for all. If he ever, EVER folds top pair while behind, then burn the witch
HisandHerpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:01 PM   #28
MeleaB
net detriment
 
MeleaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: pokerminion.com
Posts: 4,645
re: Bovada/Bodog Superuser / cheating?

I have *literally* (using the original definition of the word) been dealt into hundreds and hundreds (probably well into the thousands) of hands on a par with these. Other experienced players have also witnessed first-hand far too many hands to remember of similar HHs.

OP claims to have played many sessions against this opponent. If that were the case then all he would have to do to come close to having some evidence would be to post a graph as described above. (However, OP also claimed many posters encouraged him to start this thread, whereas in reality just a single poster mentioned it, so don’t hold your beath.)

It’s not rocket science- post evidence (not bad beats or anecdotes) or quite likely this thread will get eaten by the Rigtard one.
MeleaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:25 PM   #29
JeeeroyLenkins
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 34
re: Bovada/Bodog Superuser / cheating?

Hopefully you reported these hands/tables to Bovada for review. But as others say these few hands mean nothing. You can see all cards (included mucked) 24 hrs after the hands on Bovada. You're clearly using a HUD and so likely have a lot of hands with this player. Post some graphs or hand histories to back up these statements.

Players spaz out and shove any two cards sometimes. It happens live too.

Also is their RNG certified as static or continuous shuffle? (don't know the official technical terms) If it's a continuous shuffle, the RNG is constantly shuffling, I believe during the hand, for the next card dealt. If it's a static shuffle, it's like live where the cards are dealt where they landed in the shuffle before the deal. If it's always shuffling there's no way the user could "know" the run out unless they were a super user. If it's static they "could" if they were a super user but then again why would they open shove to your raises? They could make more if they knew all the cards by getting you to build the pot anyways regardless of how the RNG operates. Just seems silly to say because the opponent spaz shoved pre flop they "knew" the cards to come.

I'm not saying to ignore it or not bother tracking your hands with these suspect plays, but you've got to have quite a hand history with this user to even provide any evidence to even consider possible unfair play. 3 or 4 spazzy hands means nothing.
JeeeroyLenkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:41 PM   #30
Mohsen
grinder
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Iran
Posts: 566
re: Bovada/Bodog Superuser / cheating?

Sorry for your losses OP, but to be fair, except the 84 hand, nothing else looks fishy to me.
I haven't even played 500K hands yet and I've seen many many BS like this 84o AIPF already!
So even that doesn't get my eyes!
Not to be offensive, but based on the language and mental state I see you post in, I just say you are a rec player yourself with bad-beat tilt issues.

Just my opinion though..
Mohsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 01:34 AM   #31
ALLNITSGOBROKE
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Running over you nits
Posts: 161
re: Bovada/Bodog Superuser / cheating?

Out of all the ppl who are coming at the OP in this thread how many of you play 1k-2k nl and are familiar with the player pool at these stakes?
ALLNITSGOBROKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 02:32 AM   #32
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 46,007
re: Bovada/Bodog Superuser / cheating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk2dawn View Post
Seriously, if these are real...this has to be a superuser. How do people see these and think anything else?
By actually thinking.

I don't even need to have looked at the hands (but I have) - all I need to know if that OP only posted 5 hands to know that you lose all credibility with your post. There are literally no combination of 5 hands that can make it certain there is a superuser. None. Suspicious? Sure. Very suspicious? Yes, I imagine there could be a set of 5 hands that would qualify as that. But to the point of "has to be a superuser" and "How do people see these and think anything else"? No, of course not.

I don't know who you think hyperbole like that, or ridiculous statements like "you might as well be defending Nazi Germany or slavery here." (from a WPN thread) is helping. Certainly not anyone actually trying to catch bots or superusers. All nonsense like that does is make thinking posters a little more dismissive of other claims, and encourage conspiracy theorists to post their anecdotes or single hand bad beats.

Cheating is a serious issue. This stuff isn't helpful. At all.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:05 PM   #33
dusk2dawn
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 200
re: Bovada/Bodog Superuser / cheating?

First of all, the comment from the WPN thread was based on the fact that a guy was acting like WPN was not in wrong at all when they STILL have the tournament late reg "loophole" open. I even said "ok even if you dismiss Joey's allegations about bots/collusion although I agree with Joey and his substantial stats he researched...it's the MTT so called loophole that really has me steaming" That's where yes, I absolutely believe it's like defending Hitler or slavery. Because the MTT thing is absolutely unacceptable and is not fixed and has been going on for a long time. It's unforgivable ****, and WPN doesn't care. People have banked off that crap and many other innocent, unknowing users have lost value from it. Damn right I will come hard about that.

Secondly, I shouldn't have said "has to be superuser"...I'm just pissed I keep seeing this type of stuff. I should have said though, "HAS TO CAUSE SUSPICION."

IN WHICH CASE, BOBO, how do they deal with such suspicion? Sample size shmample size. 5 absurdly played hands is consistent enough for me to at least know that support has contacted the user and asked to explain the thinking or something. These are big cash game hands. This isn't 2NL. It's not 10NL. It's not...ok no, not even at like 20 or 25NL would someone make these plays. These hands in OP are out of ordinary BIGTIME and I'm SO ****ING SICK of people like meleab and yourself really just trying to come off so level headed when there's CLEARLY something up here.

"Clearly something up? Where's your cold, hard, substantial evidence?"

Those 5 ****ing hands are substantial evidence in terms of PROBABLE CAUSE TO HAVE THE GUYS ACCOUNT FLAGGED BY SITE'S SECURITY AT A MINIMUM, and if you disagree, you are crazy. That's how I feel. So tired of yalls wanna be level headed bs.
dusk2dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:37 PM   #34
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 46,007
re: Bovada/Bodog Superuser / cheating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk2dawn View Post
First of all, the comment from the WPN thread was based on the fact that a guy was acting like WPN was not in wrong at all when they STILL have the tournament late reg "loophole" open. I even said "ok even if you dismiss Joey's allegations about bots/collusion although I agree with Joey and his substantial stats he researched...it's the MTT so called loophole that really has me steaming" That's where yes, I absolutely believe it's like defending Hitler or slavery.
If you can't see how comparing a MTT loophole to Hitler or slavery is ridiculous, never mind how offensive some people might find it, I don't know what else to tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk2dawn View Post
Secondly, I shouldn't have said "has to be superuser"...I'm just pissed I keep seeing this type of stuff. I should have said though, "HAS TO CAUSE SUSPICION."
That sounds much more reasonable. And yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk2dawn View Post
when there's CLEARLY something up here.
You've just gone back and said pretty much the exact same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk2dawn View Post
I'm SO ****ING SICK of people like meleab and yourself really just trying to come off so level headed
Gosh, yes, heaven forbid anyone try to be level-headed. It's so much more helpful when everyone unquestioningly grabs the pitchforks and torches and joins you, amirite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk2dawn View Post
"Clearly something up? Where's your cold, hard, substantial evidence?"
I'm not sure who this is supposed to be quoting or paraphrasing, because no one in this thread has said anything even closely resembling this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk2dawn View Post
Those 5 ****ing hands are substantial evidence in terms of PROBABLE CAUSE TO HAVE THE GUYS ACCOUNT FLAGGED BY SITE'S SECURITY AT A MINIMUM, and if you disagree, you are crazy.
Oh, look, another strawman!

In case you're not familiar with the term - you're arguing against something no one has said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk2dawn View Post
So tired of yalls wanna be level headed bs.
Well, it's not wanna-be, and it's not BS. And I'll take it over ridiculous hyperbole any day. One is helpful, and one isn't. Do I need to explain which is which?
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:24 AM   #35
dusk2dawn
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 200
re: Bovada/Bodog Superuser / cheating?

Calling the MTT thing a loophole is a joke. There's a reason I keep saying so called loophole - because leaving the capability open and not immediately banning all users who have ever abused it is absolutely among the worst and most unacceptable poker site practices ever. My Hitler/slavery comment was obviously indeed hyperbole and at this point I see it was out of line so please forgive me for going there, but I am just truly shocked how quick people are to defend a site that hasn't addressed that "loophole" in any way beyond a tweet in which they conveniently dubbed it a loophole rather than a major ****up, which is what it really is. The fact it exists is really bad, but the borderline ignoring it after fact is unfathomable, and people ignoring it while they say they have no problem with the site is where my distasteful hyperbole was generated.
dusk2dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:40 AM   #36
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 46,007
re: Bovada/Bodog Superuser / cheating?

Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:26 AM   #37
MeleaB
net detriment
 
MeleaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: pokerminion.com
Posts: 4,645
re: Bovada/Bodog Superuser / cheating?

Is this the MTT Loophole thread or the Bad Beat thread? (My set lost to runner, runner flush earlier and I was looking for the right place to post the HH.)
MeleaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 04:20 AM   #38
dusk2dawn
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 200
re: Bovada/Bodog Superuser / cheating?

It's neither. It's the biggest yet luckiest spazfish mid-high stakes cash game bad beatz thread. Because there are thousands of hands each hs cash player has suffered like this that they can share. We're all waiting on yours still. No...set losing to rr flush doesn't qualify. A rr flush holding is far superior to any of villains holdings in OP
dusk2dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:54 PM   #39
The Apex
old hand
 
The Apex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,803
re: Bovada/Bodog Superuser / cheating?

If this thread is going to stay up can we remove superuser from the title and specificy that the cheating is only suspected by one person
The Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:48 PM   #40
netgod44
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 221
re: Bovada/Bodog Superuser / cheating?

question,

what hand would need to be posted to be a valid superuser concern?

if no single hand can determine this then how many of that hand would you need posted to be concerned

if you have a number would those groups of hands all have to be from one single user or would you feel the same if it was the same size group of hands but from various users?

in online poker history how many cases of super users were actually confirmed besides
the one legendary case

I wouldn't mind seeing any links relevant to confirmed super using esp any links that led up to the legendary one. I was playing then but not a forum user at that time.

do you think the legendary one was the reason for that sites demise, as tomy understanding the DOJ was the final blow for reasons unrelated to superusing correct?

I guess I am in the camp of why couldn't there be super using by sites, but in the tent of I doubt most hands people post are results of a superuser, but sleeping snug in the sleeping bag of what would stop most unregulated sites from super using

interesting stuff to ponder
netgod44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:07 PM   #41
Pots-For-Sale
old hand
 
Pots-For-Sale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Tx
Posts: 1,596
re: Bovada/Bodog Superuser / cheating?

Why is this thread not locked? There is absolutely nothing suspicious about these hands. I’ve played with this guy. He’s just a fun player. OP just needs to move up where they respect his raises.

Mods can we move this thread where it belongs to BBV please?
Pots-For-Sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:23 AM   #42
MeleaB
net detriment
 
MeleaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: pokerminion.com
Posts: 4,645
Re: Bovada/Bodog Superuser / cheating?

So, did we decide it was a Superuser, or too close to call?
MeleaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:15 AM   #43
MCAChiTown
adept
 
MCAChiTown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: They All Float Down Here
Posts: 842
Re: Bovada/Bodog Superuser / cheating?

How would one even go about proving that cheating is taking place on an anonymous network? Even if you proved it then how could you be certain that those accounts were removed?
MCAChiTown is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online