Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Internet Poker Discussions of Internet poker venues, including RB & bonuses.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2015, 08:35 PM   #626
KDash
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 49
Re: 3rd Party Software on PokerStars: Proposed Rule Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by devera View Post
Yep. And, for that matter, any other way of automatic filtering in order to display just the relevant data for a particular situation (where "situation" is a combination of street, villain, hole card/community cards, action, bet sizing, timing etc).

What I'm saying is that the data is there for YOU, the player, to filter, interpret and act upon, based on your judgement. So do it! Filter it as you wish and according to your ability to read it, interpret it and act upon it. But don't wait for a particular badge to pop up (yeah, before the hand begins, I know) in order to make a particular game plan.

Do any of you have any pleasure beating a friend at online chess while using Rybka or a similar chess engine that suggests the (more or less) perfect move for the position? I'm guessing the answer is pretty much NO for all, otherwise it's just too sad. In that case, why would you want to do that while playing poker? Just because it's played for money? Well, in that case you won't be able to do that pretty soon, as is the case with online chess.
I don't use badges, because i think they are worthless. I'd much rather have to interpret stats than having a pingu head badge poping up on my HUD telling me that i should do this or that without even knowing why i should do these things.
KDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 08:51 PM   #627
catpoker
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 9
Re: 3rd Party Software on PokerStars: Proposed Rule Changes

i'm ok if you ban everything but in this condition, you must implement pokerstars tracking tool inside pokerstar software for us to watch our earnings. including most of stats we need to see, like our own positional stats.
catpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 09:12 PM   #628
_dave_
_Pooh_Bah_
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: UK (or what remains of it)
Posts: 13,109
Re: 3rd Party Software on PokerStars: Proposed Rule Changes

Nice post Skier.

I don't agree with some of your proposed solutions, but it is good to see actual sensible on-topic posts in here.
_dave_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 09:45 PM   #629
All Hail Circe
veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Darkside
Posts: 2,593
Re: 3rd Party Software on PokerStars: Proposed Rule Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
I think there is a bit of faulty logic here. Many are saying that if we went back to less software, then there would be more fish and a bigger boom, since that is what it was like in the pre-software explosion boom.

However, correlation does not always imply causation.

There obviously is a contributing factor with the training sites, software, and tools available. The same probably happened with the influx of books in the 90s.

But we're ignoring some facts.

1) Poker was more popular. People watched the WSOP and said "I can do that! I know how to play poker!" and then, they lost a lot of money, because they weren't that good.

2) A lot of fish went busto. I've read a couple people say that if software was banned, then we would all win more money because there's more fish.

- Fish aren't sitting there going "well, I want to play poker, but those damn sharks with their HUD's and note caddy" .... 'oh snap! it's all banned, where's my credit card!!!!' They don't know about it and won't come back.

- The loss of their extra money + the US shut down + several sites skipping town with money has led to a lot of people not trusting online poker and/or being broke. These fish are long gone and won't come back

Even if we granted that we would see a higher winrate if software was banned and fish came back, what do you think would happen if suddenly people won at the pre-2006 winrates? Let's say suddenly, people are averaging 10bb instead of 6bb. The rest of the economy (i.e. the fish) are going broke FASTER, not slower.

3) The world economy is not as good as it used to be.

4) The lack of bonus whoring like it used to be. 5x bonus, oh wherefore art thou! William Hill's play 2 hours, get $150 free ... pinch me, I must be dreaming!

So there are more factors involved with the fish disappearing than software, even though the tools do make smart players make more money.

--------------

Another simple truth in the poker world is, we're not all gonna make it, brah. Some people will just not be able to cut it past a certain limit. Some people will go broke too. Winning at poker, like any competitive endeavor takes work. The higher the stakes get, the harder it gets. To quote the baseball movie Moneyball, "Eventually, we all get told we're not good enough to keep playing, some get told sooner than others." (paraphrase).

Even without the tools, hard working, smarter players, will always win more. They may not have access to as much data, but they'll still analyze that data better, pay better attention, put in more work at and away from the tables, and they'll win more money than someone who does not.

HUD's and databases, automatic notes, and EV analysis are only as good as the person who is using them. You can give the fish all the tools, and some will just ignore it. Some will use some of it, and some maybe will get better and become smart players. There's players out there that know a decent amount about playing solid poker, but will still look at 96o, facing an open shove, where the shover showed AK and go "**** it, I have a feeling."

tl;dr

cliffs: modern day tools don't tell the whole story as to why poker is harder; to win long term in the game, you have to do like you always have in everything - work hard and run good when you need to.
Well said and I agree with this opinion also.

Wow....brings back memories of those Bonus Whoring days :P
All Hail Circe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 09:48 PM   #630
All Hail Circe
veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Darkside
Posts: 2,593
Re: 3rd Party Software on PokerStars: Proposed Rule Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker View Post
I agree with this. Just now we have an even playing field as software like Notecaddy, which some people seem to be pretty clueless about, are relatively inexpensive and available to all. The problem would be if it was banned and then was limited to a select few who had the computer skills, or finances to pay for those skills, in order to circumvent any ban.
Oops, I missed this post and this is also one of my concerns as well.
All Hail Circe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:09 PM   #631
skier_5
Pooh-Bah
 
skier_5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,443
Re: 3rd Party Software on PokerStars: Proposed Rule Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dave_ View Post
Nice post Skier.

I don't agree with some of your proposed solutions, but it is good to see actual sensible on-topic posts in here.
Thanks. Feel free to chime in when you get the chance. I'm sure you've thought of some things which I have not.
skier_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:10 PM   #632
gmiko
centurion
 
gmiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Croatia
Posts: 100
Re: 3rd Party Software on PokerStars: Proposed Rule Changes

This thread is getting ridicilous. Even skier whos intelligence I respect and agree with a lot of his points made some less than genius suggestions.

1. HEM is not a problem. NC is not a problem. Charts are not a problem. Bots are the only problem worth mentioning at the moment and worth discussing and dealing with. Deal with bots. Then deal with scripts. Then.. lower rake because everything else is perfect. Are we really talking about pokerstove and how it should be banned? Someone is taking some hard meds. Let's also ban windows calculator. It's way too powerful. Cellphones too. Also, all people contact. What if someone comments on the hand you are playing? Cheating, right? Please stop with making up rules that you can not enforce and deal with real problems you can actually fix.

The only addition in software regulation that could and probably should be made I already suggested in my first post.

2. HUDs are part of internet poker and always will be, at least if a site that offers poker games likes money. If a site does not want people multitabling and paying a ton of rake, and wants to destroy poker players profits and their own profits, by all means, ban HUDs. People have done stupid illogical **** as long as they exist.

Poker is a skill game. Both live and online. Beyond knowledge of GTO play you need to adjust to your opponent and get reads on how they play and how they act to maximize EV. Live you do it by paying attention to the one table you are playing at, watching betting patterns and looking how people act and their body language. Online you do it only by looking at their betting patterns and HUD stats. Remove HUD stats and we either have an environment where multitabling is gone and people will play a lot less tables (and destroy fish way faster btw) which is not in the spirit of online poker (you can play 40 hands per hour live or at a small poker site which cant figure out why they are not as big as stars) or the game will turn into a GTO fest where reading people (which is basically the essence of poker) is completely irrelevant. The site does not want the first option (because they like money) and no one wants the second option (unless they are a bot programmer - no huds would be bot heaven, both for playing and for going undetected forever). Anonymous tables would be an example of everything that poker isn't and shouldn't be.

3. Charts - I don't play tournaments at all but I think whoever wants to ban charts is simply not capable of logical reasoning. I am not even going to give arguments why "allow charts but only if they can fit on a sheet of A4 paper" and similar propositions are stupid because they are so disconnected from reason there is no point in talking about it. Are you going to send agents in black to people's houses to check the papers in their computer room? Or do you believe people are inherently good and honest and will actually honor that rule? And trust other people to do it as well?

4. What is the dream of HUD haters for online poker? All tables zoom with no HUD allowed? That is just disgusting. Stop messing with a good thing we have. If you want a luck game you have the casino. If you want to play against GTO bots, (and lose again) go play vs snowie. You are not losing at poker because other people have HUDs. You are losing at poker because other people are either smarter than you and/or spend more time learning the game. And yeah, HUD is and always will be part of that. Nothing is stoping you to make use of it.

5. More rules that can't be enforced (unless we are in a science fiction movie) is not smart and is unfair to the players who will follow them because those who will not - can never be caught. Until you have the mechanism in place that will catch 99.99% of rule breakers, just don't make up the rule because it's unfair to people who are honest and are being exploited for it.

Last edited by gmiko; 06-14-2015 at 10:16 PM.
gmiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:18 PM   #633
AJackson
old hand
 
AJackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Posts: 1,896
Re: 3rd Party Software on PokerStars: Proposed Rule Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by insyder19 View Post
Am I reading it correctly that NC brings pop ups at the table in a specific situation which tells exploits about your opponent? So basically if there is an opponent who always check folds OOP once he checks in a 3bet pot, NC tells you that once he checked?

If som how is that software not yet banned?
No, that is not correct. This thread is filled with posts that are either uninformed or being purposefully misleading. Thank you for asking.

A NC generated HUD is static like other HUDs, once the hand starts it DOESN'T read your hand, board texture or opponent actions and offer advice. The only thing that can popup is, well, your popups when you hover over a stat. Popups are also static and do not change once the hand starts.

NC does 3 things:

NC allows you to design stats which are as specific as you want, you can add conditions for bet size, pot size, effective stack size, board texture, number of players (either in the hand and/or dealt), and define opponent types.

NC allows you to make graphical representations of opponent's past play.

NC allows you to create badges based on stats or a combination of stats.

All of the above fully complies with Stars rules and as far as I can tell complies with the proposed rules in the OP.

_________

This is a difficult debate as most of those who don't like NC really don't understand how it works and assume it has features which it doesn't.

Hopefully Stars will clarify their OP and tell us exactly what adjustments they think needs to be made to NC.

I'm fine with Stars proposed rules as I understand them and I have no issue if Stars wants to tighten up the rules. I only request clearly defined and enforceable rules.
AJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:29 PM   #634
TooCuriousso1
Golden 2017
 
TooCuriousso1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: @TCfromUB
Posts: 6,455
Re: 3rd Party Software on PokerStars: Proposed Rule Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerStars Steve View Post
Apologies! This is the section that should be in italics:

1. Any tool or reference material that offers commentary or advice that goes beyond a basic level, such as stack-size-based starting hand tables, decision trees or heads-up displays that dynamically change based on player action or card values.
Quote:
The basic reference material we would permit is something like a single table-based starting hand chart that can be replicated on an A4 sheet of paper
I think everyone needs to realize that with these proposed changes like 95% of the HU hypers players are going to have to adjust and remove some of the things they use in game.

I also think it's going to be incredibly hard to enforce and anyone who's playing "fair" is getting freerolled.

I get the idea with "a single sheet of paper" but that still isn't specific:

-2 sided?
-how big can the font be?
-colors?
-can it be a virtual piece of paper on word? can I zoom? can I ctrl +F and search it?
-if it fits on one sheet can i put it in excel and format it differently?

^This is stupid. Banning "stack sized based starting hand charts" doesn't work.

How are you going to enforce this if someone is running their system on a side computer or has a bunch of charts up against the wall? Is PS going to determine how good someone's memory is and whether they had 1 sheet of paper worth or 3? Is a stopwatch (used as an RNG) allowed? Would you make someone record themselves playing with a video camera (is that even legit through TOS?)

Props to skier btw for how he's handled all this, he made a great post up there too^.
TooCuriousso1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:32 PM   #635
djle2
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,921
Re: 3rd Party Software on PokerStars: Proposed Rule Changes

Im loving the route PS is taking with their email to Skier. "advanced reference material that provide too much guidance" Hence NoteCaddy. I guess thats the line drawn for now. Huds are ok and you interpret everything yourself. I can live with this. Seems like they are only allowing limited charts also so kudos to PS. Great day indeed. Now the problem of enforcement.



The pro sports analogy that gets brought up again and again is ridiculous. These are pros playing proffesional sports. If you want to bring this up, we would have to separate players wont we? If we had diff leagues by poker skills, you all would be up in arms. Recs do not want to play 'you pros' but they have no choice at the moment.

In the end; yes enforcement is difficult but at least its a start. yes those who follow the rules are missing out but at least it will lesson the robotic play and cause pros to multi table less tables. In the end. the rules are there and even though enforcement is difficult, you risk being banned if you are found out one day when PS figures out a way. The final result is still better than current which is less tables containing less mass software using robotic players

Last edited by djle2; 06-14-2015 at 10:59 PM.
djle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:33 PM   #636
Duster80
stranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1
Re: 3rd Party Software on PokerStars: Proposed Rule Changes

I'm not agree with notecaddy!! I hope ps will reconsider this decision. Spin&go casiṇ and now ban notecaddy.. Once upon a time there was a skill game. I think that everyone can have it exacly like hm the skill is to set them in a right way to beat the average player. For other software or problems i have not an opinion.
I only hope that ps will not ban notecaddy
Duster80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:35 PM   #637
tolis
old hand
 
tolis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hell (Norway)
Posts: 1,465
Re: 3rd Party Software on PokerStars: Proposed Rule Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkartmann View Post
+1 for changes in this or similar direction.


There are two dynamics between regs:
Reg1 usues tool to gain advantage
Reg1 uses his theory skills/reads to gain advantage

I prefer any direction torwards fair game betweeen regs.
The use of a tool alone does not guarantee any edge or advantage. If one lacks the theoritical background and reading skills, he is dead meat no matter how many tools he uses.

The correct use and interpretation of stats is a skill mastered with time, but is useless w/o the ability to analyze board structures and identify spots to make a move and exploit ur opponents. No NC badge and no color coding on ur HUD will turn u into a pro overnight

Sent from my GT-I8190 using 2+2 Forums
tolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:53 PM   #638
tolis
old hand
 
tolis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hell (Norway)
Posts: 1,465
Re: 3rd Party Software on PokerStars: Proposed Rule Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipDaTrip View Post

One may argue, that the human brain can`t process such detailed information on so many tables and therefore it should be forbidden.
But hey, that`s why we play online and not live. We want to be able to multitable and play a lot of hand per hour.
Those who want every SW to be forbidden shouldn`t try to play a number of tables, that goes over what they can process.
If someone is playing so few tables, that he really can process the action at any table he is sitting on, he will be pleased for every multitabling sw-using reg at the table.

If all sw's were banned then mass tabling regs would still be able to record their sessions and analyze them later on but hey, this is 2015, not the middle ages


Sent from my GT-I8190 using 2+2 Forums
tolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:57 PM   #639
djle2
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,921
Re: 3rd Party Software on PokerStars: Proposed Rule Changes

NoteCaddy is just to much of a useful tool which simplifies and streamlines everything for you. All those not wanting to lose it knows how much effort it saves from reading that info and interpreting it in the hud. Most of the info given imo in notecaddy is impossible to get on your own because its too specific which you dont have enough time to do when multi tabling.
djle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:36 PM   #640
gmiko
centurion
 
gmiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Croatia
Posts: 100
Re: 3rd Party Software on PokerStars: Proposed Rule Changes

Ok, let's imagine it is possible to ban notecaddy notes for everyone and ban using it in play and decide where is the line which stat should be ok and which shouldn't (fantasy world). What is stopping you to write notecaddy notes in the NOTES, be it in HEM or in Pokerstars software? Is the next step removal of notes because it is not human to be able to remember every single note you have ever written?

It would be nice if people actually thought things through before making suggestions.

Also, people should realize that HUD and NC are tools that actually level the playing field instead of giving unfair advantage. If I am playing 12 tables and you are playing 1, you can obviously exploit me far better than I could every exploit you, even if I had a program more powerful than Notecaddy. But NC gives me some information so I don't have to play blind because I have no time to see every hand you play, and I also have less time to take my actions.

Banning HUDs and NC wouldn't do anything except cripple peoples ability to multitable. And while a ton of people would quit online poker (because playing a lot of hands per hour is what online poker is all about), those that would stay, would make YOU quit online poker because they would crush you 10 times harder concentrating only on you.

This whole anti HUD and anti NC movement comes down to human pettiness, jealousy and lack of reason. Let's say you are a winning 2 tabling reg and make 20$ per hour and the multitabling 12-16 tables winning reg is making 40$ per hour playing the same limit. Multitabling reg is making less money per table and is taking way less money from your table than you are, has a lower winrate and is not destroying fish as fast you are. He is not hurting you, he is actually bringing the site more money by paying more rake, increasing traffic and doesn't bust fish as quickly as you. And still makes more money. That is the point where the old, slow and/or lazy lose their minds.

This whole thing reminds me of an experiment where people were given 10$ and the other person was given 100$ and the person who was given 10 (given the power) decided to refuse his 10 just so the other person doesn't get the 100. If you read the posts carefully, anti HUD crowd is simply putting their emotions on paper instead of giving reasonable, logical arguments.
gmiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:37 PM   #641
heathen1
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 86
Re: 3rd Party Software on PokerStars: Proposed Rule Changes

notecaddy needs to go. As does skiers program.All the extra software needs to go.
All these brand new 2p2 accounts itt supporting all the cheating software. Make it a level playing field for all please, pokerstars.
heathen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:38 PM   #642
heathen1
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 86
Re: 3rd Party Software on PokerStars: Proposed Rule Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmiko View Post
Ok, let's imagine it is possible to ban notecaddy notes for everyone and ban using it in play and decide where is the line which stat should be ok and which shouldn't (fantasy world). What is stopping you to write notecaddy notes in the NOTES, be it in HEM or in Pokerstars software? Is the next step removal of notes because it is not human to be able to remember every single note you have ever written?

It would be nice if people actually thought things through before making suggestions.

Also, people should realize that HUD and NC are tools that actually level the playing field instead of giving unfair advantage. If I am playing 12 tables and you are playing 1, you can obviously exploit me far better than I could every exploit you, even if I had a program more powerful than Notecaddy. But NC gives me some information so I don't have to play blind because I have no time to see every hand you play, and I also have less time to take my actions.

Banning HUDs and NC wouldn't do anything except cripple peoples ability to multitable. And while a ton of people would quit online poker (because playing a lot of hands per hour is what online poker is all about), those that would stay, would make YOU quit online poker because they would crush you 10 times harder concentrating only on you.

This whole anti HUD and anti NC movement comes down to human pettiness, jealousy and lack of reason. Let's say you are a winning 2 tabling reg and make 20$ per hour and the multitabling 12-16 tables winning reg is making 40$ per hour playing the same limit. Multitabling reg is making less money per table and is taking way less money from your table than you are, has a lower winrate and is not destroying fish as fast you are. He is not hurting you, he is actually bringing the site more money by paying more rake, increasing traffic and doesn't bust fish as quickly as you. And still makes more money. That is the point where the old, slow and/or lazy lose their minds.

This whole thing reminds me of an experiment where people were given 10$ and the other person was given 100$ and the person who was given 10 (given the power) decided to refuse his 10 just so the other person doesn't get the 100. If you read the posts carefully, anti HUD crowd is simply putting their emotions on paper instead of giving reasonable, logical arguments.
Play 1 table then... problem solved. I use a hud btw but would gladly see them banned on all networks.

Last edited by heathen1; 06-14-2015 at 11:47 PM.
heathen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:45 PM   #643
Malefiicus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Malefiicus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ribonucleic acid freak out.
Posts: 6,418
Re: 3rd Party Software on PokerStars: Proposed Rule Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmiko View Post
It would be nice if people actually thought things through before making suggestions.

Also, people should realize that HUD and NC are tools that actually level the playing field instead of giving unfair advantage. If I am playing 12 tables and you are playing 1, you can obviously exploit me far better than I could every exploit you, even if I had a program more powerful than Notecaddy. But NC gives me some information so I don't have to play blind because I have no time to see every hand you play, and I also have less time to take my actions.
So 1 tabling is an unfair advantage against multitablers?

How can people be so self serving and deluded.
Malefiicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:50 PM   #644
gmiko
centurion
 
gmiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Croatia
Posts: 100
Re: 3rd Party Software on PokerStars: Proposed Rule Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathen1 View Post
Play 1 table then... problem solved
How is that a problem solved? If I wanted to play 1 table, I would play live. If I wanted to play 1 table online, I can, you can. Playing 40 hands per hour is not the point of online poker... meh.. no.. I will not communicate with you, it is pointless and it pisses me off. You are not qualified to be a part of this discussion anyway, I'm sorry but I think even you realize that. I hope I am being trolled though.

I sometimes feel like I am living in a Planet of the apes movie. Only apes are not as evolved as in the movie. Just enough to use the internet.
gmiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:51 PM   #645
_dave_
_Pooh_Bah_
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: UK (or what remains of it)
Posts: 13,109
Re: 3rd Party Software on PokerStars: Proposed Rule Changes

1-tabling is an advantage against overloaded multitablers, sure. Notecaddy is an advantage against a multitabler reg who doesn't use it, sure. Under current rules, neither are an unfair advantage.
_dave_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:56 PM   #646
gmiko
centurion
 
gmiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Croatia
Posts: 100
Re: 3rd Party Software on PokerStars: Proposed Rule Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malefiicus View Post
So 1 tabling is an unfair advantage against multitablers?

How can people be so self serving and deluded.
No, 1 tabling is not an unfair advantage against multitablers (even if using Poketracker of Notecaddy). Don't put words in peoples mouths when you are not even capable of understanding their message. It's rude and is not helpful to the discussion.

Another argument filled reply BTW. HUD haters also remind me of vaccine haters.
gmiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:57 PM   #647
Eklon Eleuterio
stranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 8
Re: 3rd Party Software on PokerStars: Proposed Rule Changes

I think everyone can use the tools that are allowed by PokerStars. And all these tools are compliant with the rules of the room .

Many players can have a impressive volume of tournaments , using these tool.

What will happen with this change of rules? Users will decrease its volume by almost 70 % or will play in another room.

Simple like that.
Eklon Eleuterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:59 PM   #648
heathen1
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 86
Re: 3rd Party Software on PokerStars: Proposed Rule Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmiko View Post
How is that a problem solved? If I wanted to play 1 table, I would play live. If I wanted to play 1 table online, I can, you can. Playing 40 hands per hour is not the point of online poker... meh.. no.. I will not communicate with you, it is pointless and it pisses me off. You are not qualified to be a part of this discussion anyway, I'm sorry but I think even you realize that. I hope I am being trolled though.

I sometimes feel like I am living in a Planet of the apes movie. Only apes are not as evolved as in the movie. Just enough to use the internet.
Don't be mad that notecaddy is going the way of the dodo bird on stars, and it looks like a lot of the other sw is gonna be extinct soon too.
can you not multi table w/o notecaddy? I play 8-10 tbles with a hud(but I barely use it) why do you need sw doing the thinking for you? I sure don't.
lol @ the 1st post new account guy's with broken english coming here to defend notecaddy.
heathen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:01 AM   #649
Eklon Eleuterio
stranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 8
Re: 3rd Party Software on PokerStars: Proposed Rule Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmiko View Post
This thread is getting ridicilous. Even skier whos intelligence I respect and agree with a lot of his points made some less than genius suggestions.

1. HEM is not a problem. NC is not a problem. Charts are not a problem. Bots are the only problem worth mentioning at the moment and worth discussing and dealing with. Deal with bots. Then deal with scripts. Then.. lower rake because everything else is perfect. Are we really talking about pokerstove and how it should be banned? Someone is taking some hard meds. Let's also ban windows calculator. It's way too powerful. Cellphones too. Also, all people contact. What if someone comments on the hand you are playing? Cheating, right? Please stop with making up rules that you can not enforce and deal with real problems you can actually fix.

The only addition in software regulation that could and probably should be made I already suggested in my first post.

2. HUDs are part of internet poker and always will be, at least if a site that offers poker games likes money. If a site does not want people multitabling and paying a ton of rake, and wants to destroy poker players profits and their own profits, by all means, ban HUDs. People have done stupid illogical **** as long as they exist.

Poker is a skill game. Both live and online. Beyond knowledge of GTO play you need to adjust to your opponent and get reads on how they play and how they act to maximize EV. Live you do it by paying attention to the one table you are playing at, watching betting patterns and looking how people act and their body language. Online you do it only by looking at their betting patterns and HUD stats. Remove HUD stats and we either have an environment where multitabling is gone and people will play a lot less tables (and destroy fish way faster btw) which is not in the spirit of online poker (you can play 40 hands per hour live or at a small poker site which cant figure out why they are not as big as stars) or the game will turn into a GTO fest where reading people (which is basically the essence of poker) is completely irrelevant. The site does not want the first option (because they like money) and no one wants the second option (unless they are a bot programmer - no huds would be bot heaven, both for playing and for going undetected forever). Anonymous tables would be an example of everything that poker isn't and shouldn't be.

3. Charts - I don't play tournaments at all but I think whoever wants to ban charts is simply not capable of logical reasoning. I am not even going to give arguments why "allow charts but only if they can fit on a sheet of A4 paper" and similar propositions are stupid because they are so disconnected from reason there is no point in talking about it. Are you going to send agents in black to people's houses to check the papers in their computer room? Or do you believe people are inherently good and honest and will actually honor that rule? And trust other people to do it as well?

4. What is the dream of HUD haters for online poker? All tables zoom with no HUD allowed? That is just disgusting. Stop messing with a good thing we have. If you want a luck game you have the casino. If you want to play against GTO bots, (and lose again) go play vs snowie. You are not losing at poker because other people have HUDs. You are losing at poker because other people are either smarter than you and/or spend more time learning the game. And yeah, HUD is and always will be part of that. Nothing is stoping you to make use of it.

5. More rules that can't be enforced (unless we are in a science fiction movie) is not smart and is unfair to the players who will follow them because those who will not - can never be caught. Until you have the mechanism in place that will catch 99.99% of rule breakers, just don't make up the rule because it's unfair to people who are honest and are being exploited for it.
Great!
Eklon Eleuterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:03 AM   #650
gmiko
centurion
 
gmiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Croatia
Posts: 100
Re: 3rd Party Software on PokerStars: Proposed Rule Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathen1 View Post
notecaddy needs to go. As does skiers program.All the extra software needs to go.
All these brand new 2p2 accounts itt supporting all the cheating software. Make it a level playing field for all please, pokerstars.
heathen1
newbie

Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 26

Troll be gone.

Its not cheating software if it is allowed. You don't have the right to call it that. Calling someone a cheat publicly when they actually follow the rules is punishable by law in modern civilized society. So don't make a habit of it.

And I just realised you are the same guy from the other post. Well done.
gmiko is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive