Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Internet Poker Discussions of Internet poker venues.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2015, 04:03 AM   #1251
xXPocketDucksXx
banned
 
xXPocketDucksXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Finalising my new identity
Posts: 1,388
Re: 2016 PokerStars VIP Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by verycrooked View Post
I guess it's not surprising that a community of under 1,000 people can make people so upset about PokerStar's rake back changes, considering they generate up to 8% of the profits by themselves.

But is it really worth being upset about?

Maybe you think you should already be a PokerStar's millionaire...I can't fault you for that.

If you would have generated more than $70,000 worth of rake, I can definitely see the reason for being upset that in the next year you are only going to get $31,500 instead of $49,000.

But can we actually take a second to consider these numbers?

Is the top 2% of PokerStars actually going to try to lobby to boycott PokerStars?

Can anyone that has the chance of making a living from poker actually take these numbers seriously?

I'd just like to put forward that as a U.S. citizen that doesn't have the RIGHT or FREEDOM to even have the opportunity to grind for these numbers, that loves poker probably more than the average SNE machine that found the way to profit was to turn it into heartless numbers... that trying to boycott a Company that gave you the OPPORTUNITY and gave you the FREEDOM to do this has honestly been generous with you fellas up til now.

Trying to raise the arms to "strike against AMAYAAAAA!!!!" Is probably the silliest thing I can think of.

If you gave me the slightest scent of being able to take your place without abandoning my family, home, and country, i'd cut you open faster than Luke cut open that tauntaun in the Empire Strikes Back.

They let you play your "I can only profit if there's a rake back" game for how long?

And now that they are saying let's reduce it by 33% you're immediate response is that POKERSTARS!!!!!!! YOU RUINED POKER!!!!!

Well okay SNE players and future wanna-be SNE players, you can't grind $1000+ buyin tables for the rake back anymore. You can't come to an agreement that "they already got the max rake from this hand, let's not put anymore money in", you guys can't grind lower stakes players into your rake for rake back goals anymore.

Fair enough, maybe you guys could find a new way?

Maybe you could become profitable without having to rely on 70% rake back?

I mean, I personally know a large number of players in the U.S. that don't even have the option of a "rake back"...everything they play for goes directly to a Casino, and we don't even get the magnanimity of having a free roll tournament every sunday so 1 person atleast can get the rewards...

Just saying, you entitled Canadians, European, and rest of the poker market, maybe tone down the "OMFG POKERSTARS LESS RAKEBACK LETS STRIKEEEEEE" because I guarantee that the rest of the world that hasn't noticed Poker Online to this point will sure take notice when they realize exactly how much money you are mad that pokerstars won't give back to you.

OMG, YOU WON'T GIVE ME MY $11k DIFFERENCE IN RAKE BACK?


"Holy ****, this guy is mad because $11k is 33% less than what he normally makes????
Why are we not putting all of our time into this, Steve? I mean, $11k IS LITERALLY MORE THAN WHAT WE MAKE FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR, STEVE."

EDIT: HOLY **** STEVE, THEY'RE MAD BECAUSE THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE $11k LESS THAN WHAT WE MAKE FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR, STEVE.
Can you even believe that, STEVE? They are trying to boycott a site that let's them make so much money that they think killing poker is allowing them to profit less than what we make in an entire year, Steve. CAN YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT?
I actually almost cried from reading this, and you know why? Because every word truly resonates with me. Very well said indeed.

I would say that this whole concept of rake is less of stars taking and more of players giving. We're giving rake as a tribute to the site and a sign of gratitude. Pokerstars continue to be the market leader and have a dedicated team who work hard to provide us all the opportunity to play the game we love on a site that offers the best software and game selection around. The customer service is excellent; the promotions continue to improve.

By giving them rake, we're supporting the site, just like how you might buy a album to support an artist/band you love. Or like donating to a charity to support people in need. Indeed, Pokerstars themselves have donated generously to charity on multiple occasions, Nepal this year for instance. This opens our eyes to the fact that the Pokerstars staff are not just "money grabbers", but real human beings who care not only about the poker community but also the world.

I think a group of us need to get together and protest against these ungrateful, entitled individuals who act like spoilt children when they don't get what they want. Instead we should all respectfully embrace these changes with a new positive mindset, eager to discover what the new year will bring for the site, the ecosystem and the wider community as a collective whole. Bring it on.
xXPocketDucksXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 04:36 AM   #1252
verycrooked
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Kansas City, USA
Posts: 148
Re: 2016 PokerStars VIP Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXPocketDucksXx View Post
I actually almost cried from reading this, and you know why? Because every word truly resonates with me. Very well said indeed.

I would say that this whole concept of rake is less of stars taking and more of players giving. We're giving rake as a tribute to the site and a sign of gratitude. Pokerstars continue to be the market leader and have a dedicated team who work hard to provide us all the opportunity to play the game we love on a site that offers the best software and game selection around. The customer service is excellent; the promotions continue to improve.

By giving them rake, we're supporting the site, just like how you might buy a album to support an artist/band you love. Or like donating to a charity to support people in need. Indeed, Pokerstars themselves have donated generously to charity on multiple occasions, Nepal this year for instance. This opens our eyes to the fact that the Pokerstars staff are not just "money grabbers", but real human beings who care not only about the poker community but also the world.

I think a group of us need to get together and protest against these ungrateful, entitled individuals who act like spoilt children when they don't get what they want. Instead we should all respectfully embrace these changes with a new positive mindset, eager to discover what the new year will bring for the site, the ecosystem and the wider community as a collective whole. Bring it on.
Well, the thing about it is that people don't actually think about what is what, no?
You are playing at a venue, and the entire reason you are able to play is because you agree that they can take a % of a pot up to a point of every hand. That's literally the definition of the rake. In return, they will make sure every bet gets payed, every debt is made. It's pretty ****in simple tbh.

If you can't find the sense in allowing a venue that you know, trust, and allow to make sense of every number floating infront of your face...don't play there. Simple as that.

The thing about it is that there is no reason to "protest" against people that are complaining because they feel so ****ing entitled that they can't see any viewpoint except for "OMFG THIS WAS MAKING ME MONEY, THEY ARE CHANGING THAT I DONT AGREE WITH THAT!!"

Guess what dudes? You are in the vastly huge minority. 98% to 2% is not an exaggeration.
If you think that being in a group that is less than 1000 people on the entire Earth isn't a minority I don't know what to tell you.
If you don't think that making how much money you are going to be missing out on a big deal isn't going to awaken the interest of the other 98 million unique players in the world when you go to boycott your SNE status, I don't know.

Could be that PokerStars engineer'd the whole thing, wouldn't that be a *****?
verycrooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:45 AM   #1253
bhoylegend
self-banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Self-Perma banned.
Posts: 1,278
Re: 2016 PokerStars VIP Club

This message is hidden because xXPocketDucksXx is on your ignore list.

This message is hidden because verycrooked is on your ignore list.

Had to be done in the end, are there any other accounts of his I should ban?
bhoylegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:49 AM   #1254
verycrooked
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Kansas City, USA
Posts: 148
Re: 2016 PokerStars VIP Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
This message is hidden because xXPocketDucksXx is on your ignore list.

This message is hidden because verycrooked is on your ignore list.

Had to be done in the end, are there any other accounts of his I should ban?
If he's my other half you should at least let me know.

Have my other personalities been getting a hold of the keyboard and log in information, or what?
verycrooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:56 AM   #1255
Herrigel
adept
 
Herrigel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hattrick in a hurricane
Posts: 1,078
Re: 2016 PokerStars VIP Club

I don't know which is worse, the VIP changes or this thread...
Herrigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:58 AM   #1256
MinusEV
Giftastic!
 
MinusEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Don't trust men who walk with canes
Posts: 10,737
Re: 2016 PokerStars VIP Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepis4beginners View Post
So don't get me wrong, I'm all for smaller percentage rakes but I have a question. All these high rollers who are complaining about losing their perks and rake back, are they not also the ones who benefitted the most from Stars bailout of FTP? Stands to reason that those with the biggest stacks on Stars probably had some large amounts on FTP as well… Hmmm short memories for those who Stars essentially wrote a cheque for when they bailed out FTP...
Speaking of short memories... do you remember when the Full tilt buyout happened?

Specifically in relation to when Pokerstars was bought up by Amaya (you know...the company everyone is complaining about are ruining what was once a great company..)?

If not, there may be a hint in the fact that Amaya bought PS and FTP in the same deal...
MinusEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:24 AM   #1257
Hap_Hazard
Pooh-Bah
 
Hap_Hazard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,571
Re: 2016 PokerStars VIP Club

What world does someone have to live in to create at least two alias's and then post and respond to himself.
Hap_Hazard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:27 AM   #1258
Sect7G
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calling a spade a spade
Posts: 10,446
Re: 2016 PokerStars VIP Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hap_Hazard View Post
What world does someone have to live in to create at least two alias's and then post and respond to himself.
I assume you mean verycrooked and xxpocketducksxx.

One knows nothing and the other watches too much tv.
Sect7G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:48 AM   #1259
chavarie
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,126
Re: 2016 PokerStars VIP Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXPocketDucksXx View Post
No I've not watched it, but it sounds like a film about a corrupted business? I wouldn't say Amaya is even close to being corrupted, as it has always maintained a stable relationship with its customers. However with regards to this report, my view is that it indicates a promising future for the site and the players. The goals the company set for themselves are excellent, for instance the last and 3rd last bullet point on page 21 of the Q3 report. The promotions keep getting better and better each year, and by the sounds of what was said in the report, it sounds like they could be even better next year than they already are! It's also great news for casual players who will be encouraged to stay in the games for longer after the changes have been enforced, which of course is good for us too.

I also admire Amaya's ingenuity for coming up with the whole video concept, that's brilliant! I think it will attract a whole newmarket, some of whom will also be attracted to or "cross-sold" into poker. So despite the obvious pain high volume grinders will feel in the short term, I can only see these changes being beneficial not only to the site, but also to the poker ecosystem and the gaming industry as a whole.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle25420761/

The investigation is still running.
chavarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:42 AM   #1260
Dr.FatCat
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,091
Re: 2016 PokerStars VIP Club

Well this thread only took a week to turn to total aidz
Dr.FatCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:21 AM   #1261
Anakxis
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 15
Re: 2016 PokerStars VIP Club

i have a personal question, pocketducks, have you ever played on pokerstars? you are probably not affected by the changes at all so its easy for you to speak like a bozz on that case.
Me myself as a platinum player will get hit hard on that 10% decrease, since i grind over 80k+ hands/month on nl 25...
I would really like those players on the US ,who arent affected from these changes AT ALL since they dont play on stars ,to stay out of our business, for real.
Anakxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:05 AM   #1262
TimStone
See my staking forum thread
 
TimStone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: certainly not Pokerstars lol
Posts: 7,420
Re: 2016 PokerStars VIP Club

Verycrooked definitely moast fun troll i've seenin a long while also nonzero %chance that pocketducks = verycrooked

For teh case verycrooked isnt a troll his IQ prolly ranges in teh low 60s and in general its not cool to be mean/disrespectful to him
TimStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:08 AM   #1263
MindControl7
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 101
Re: 2016 PokerStars VIP Club

damn I had 1.4k worth of amaya stock. Get your **** together, amaya!
MindControl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:24 AM   #1264
PaulyJames200x
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,800
Re: 2016 PokerStars VIP Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyJames200x View Post
Will there still be the platinumstar 2500 fpp satellite to the sunday million?


Of course there is is no more fpp and its starscoins... but would there be still this satellite?

Does someone know the answer to this? This seems to be only benefit of platinumstar.
PaulyJames200x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:27 AM   #1265
udyr
grinder
 
udyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 599
Re: 2016 PokerStars VIP Club

I just thought of something that I haven't read yet.

As Amaya's changes take effect and the poker player pool both moves down in stakes and plays less tables due to HUD and other software banning, they will inadvertently cause a situation where it becomes much easier for players to take their business elsewhere, effectively reducing their monopolistic grip on some of poker's best customers.

Some will argue that Amaya is culling the better players on purpose, if that is true, then it is almost certainly a mistake as these are, I'll say it again because Amaya seems to not realize this, poker's best customers. What they should do is limit the high volume players' ability to siphon money into their own pockets while still retaining them as loyal customers.

It seems to me Amaya is failing miserably at this so far and it speaks volumes as to their ability to integrate multiple verticals into one business model when they are making such obvious (to me) mistakes within one of their core businesses.
udyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:47 AM   #1266
verycrooked
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Kansas City, USA
Posts: 148
Re: 2016 PokerStars VIP Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimStone View Post
Verycrooked definitely moast fun troll i've seenin a long while also nonzero %chance that pocketducks = verycrooked

For teh case verycrooked isnt a troll his IQ prolly ranges in teh low 60s and in general its not cool to be mean/disrespectful to him
Aw thank you
I feel like either way I can't lose, I get a license to get to say whatever I want cuz either i'm trolling or retarded

That's kind of a relief, isn't it?

Edit:
**** THIS, GUYS!!! 2+2 isn't taking my posts very seriously, let's all band together and boycott 2+2

Don't worry guys, i'm making an avatar that says "Don't Hurt My Feelings 2+2"
we can do it, we just have to coordinate our efforts
edit edit: everything in life requires a balance. I read 80 pages of how PokerStars is killing the game...MY NEWS REQUIRE VIEWS, PEOPLE.

Last edited by verycrooked; 11-11-2015 at 12:09 PM.
verycrooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 12:37 PM   #1267
spartankk
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 215
Re: 2016 PokerStars VIP Club

Guys like poketducks love getting berated in tha forums and spanked in bed..by older men
spartankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:14 PM   #1268
verycrooked
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Kansas City, USA
Posts: 148
Re: 2016 PokerStars VIP Club

.......

Last edited by verycrooked; 11-11-2015 at 02:18 PM. Reason: too trolley, holy moley :(
verycrooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:42 PM   #1269
juan valdez
Pooh-Bah
 
juan valdez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,179
Re: 2016 PokerStars VIP Club

how many seats would you need for a meeting with pocketducks, his shrink, and verycrooked?
juan valdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:07 PM   #1270
FishWithBacon
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 83
Re: 2016 PokerStars VIP Club

Can we pretty please send pocketducks and verycrooked to the pokerstars player meeting, that would be hilarious, and they could go troll pokerstars instead of the players.
FishWithBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:12 PM   #1271
Tim64
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 34
Re: 2016 PokerStars VIP Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindControl7 View Post
damn I had 1.4k worth of amaya stock. Get your **** together, amaya!
Some kind of cash grab sems to be in order.
Tim64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:22 PM   #1272
Tim64
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 34
Re: 2016 PokerStars VIP Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeleaB View Post
PocketDucks, have you watched the film Wall Street? If so, could you give us your opinion on the Amaya Q3 report that has just been published?

Ok, but this is just gold. ^^
Tim64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:36 PM   #1273
verycrooked
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Kansas City, USA
Posts: 148
Re: 2016 PokerStars VIP Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan valdez View Post
how many seats would you need for a meeting with pocketducks, his shrink, and verycrooked?
I think you are misunderstanding, i'd be the shrink for sure.
We can have a meeting about communicating more clearly and how it will help everyone involved.
Seems like a good idea if he feels like he needs help, he seems like he is pretty well balanced in his personal life though so i doubt he will take up the offer.

I have plenty of room in my dirty basement if anyone needs someone to talk to though, guys.
We can work through your feelings of neglect and betrayal over this whole "OMG 33% LESS RAKEBACK NEXT YEAR???? RIP THE DREEEEAAAAMMM OMFG AMAYAAAAA".

I think it will be good for everyone guys.

I have all the seats we need if anyone wants to take me up on my offer.
verycrooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:39 PM   #1274
verycrooked
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Kansas City, USA
Posts: 148
Re: 2016 PokerStars VIP Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishWithBacon View Post
Can we pretty please send pocketducks and verycrooked to the pokerstars player meeting, that would be hilarious, and they could go troll pokerstars instead of the players.
I'll go by myself, I think it will be much more effective.

Together we stand united, i'll take a list of your complaints and make sure they're read 1 by 1, and any time someone tries to rebut any point i'll just say "you're wrong" in the spirit of this esteemed forum (of course i won't cite any facts or bother to explain what they are wrong about, that's also against the spirit of our beloved 2+2ness).

If you guys can scrape together the cash, i'll be off in a dash.

Last edited by verycrooked; 11-11-2015 at 03:46 PM.
verycrooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 04:44 PM   #1275
ripped
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Great white north
Posts: 1,049
Re: 2016 PokerStars VIP Club

SNE since 2006.

Im out.

RIP
ripped is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online