Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 03:23 AM   #51
MrCasino
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pokerstars
Posts: 157
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by antionlineshill View Post
Theres always one detective in the bunch wanting there to be more to the story....lol
very true. it's mostly the people who are members of the full tilt groupie club that refuse to accept that full tilt is run by shady individuals..
MrCasino is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 03:25 AM   #52
swd805
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
swd805's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,826
Re: OMG FullTilt

So wait, are you or aren't you banned from stars, because last I saw there was a thread on p5s confirming that you are...
swd805 is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 03:28 AM   #53
Rek
HUZA 2008
 
Rek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,034
Re: OMG FullTilt

Has anybody else gone from having sympathy with MrCasino to not caring at all what happens to him?
Rek is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 03:31 AM   #54
swd805
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
swd805's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,826
Re: OMG FullTilt

well if u know anything about him hes not the sharpest tool in the shed and he outted himself for MA
swd805 is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 03:31 AM   #55
Rek
HUZA 2008
 
Rek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,034
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by edfurlong View Post
MrCasino is stupid
FYP
Rek is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 04:00 AM   #56
MrCasino
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pokerstars
Posts: 157
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rek View Post
FYP
Rek, are you one of those kids that gets picked on all day at school, then for a sense of power you log into 2p2 to relieve the anger.. lol? Calling people names in the safety net of mommy & daddy's home infront of a computer?

You big tough boy you!
MrCasino is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 04:06 AM   #57
MrCasino
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pokerstars
Posts: 157
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by swd805 View Post
well if u know anything about him hes not the sharpest tool in the shed and he outted himself for MA
lol...it's the people like you who can only dream of winning hundreds of thousands of dollars like myself, so you lurk around every forum you can finding the latest "news" and gossip on the rich players you envy... just to make yourself feel better.

It's no biggie though, just keep pouring your checks into the poker community with your hard earned minimum wage dollars and I'll still like you.
MrCasino is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 04:09 AM   #58
swd805
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
swd805's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,826
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCasino View Post
lol...it's the people like you who can only dream of winning hundreds of thousands of dollars like myself, so you lurk around every forum you can finding the latest "news" and gossip on the rich players you envy... just to make yourself feel better.

It's no biggie though, just keep pouring your checks into the poker community with your hard earned minimum wage dollars and I'll still like you.
wow, the guy who dumped 500k+ in the pit games in now speaking up? How does it feel to be busto and giving all ur profit to bax? Im not here to get into dick swinging matches but I guarantee you my net worth is higher than yours as well as my IQ, gg no re.
swd805 is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 04:12 AM   #59
CRUDEFINDER
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
CRUDEFINDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: got my straw in your milkshake
Posts: 6,235
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCasino View Post
I think I would be better off going into further detail with a monkey, so I'm not going to bother with you.
CRUDEFINDER is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 04:15 AM   #60
MrCasino
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pokerstars
Posts: 157
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by swd805 View Post
wow, the guy who dumped 500k+ in the pit games in now speaking up? How does it feel to be busto and giving all ur profit to bax? Im not here to get into dick swinging matches but I guarantee you my net worth is higher than yours as well as my IQ, gg no re.
I can tell I'm one of your many idol's. Just keep watching me from the rail son, you might be able to sit with me one day if you get promoted to manager at McDonald's.
MrCasino is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 04:20 AM   #61
apefish
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
apefish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: gotta put this one on caesars
Posts: 14,625
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCasino View Post
I can tell I'm one of your many idol's. Just keep watching me from the rail son, you might be able to sit with me one day if you get promoted to manager at McDonald's.
you sit with lots of managers from McDonalds?
apefish is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 04:29 AM   #62
Rek
HUZA 2008
 
Rek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,034
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCasino View Post
Rek, are you one of those kids that gets picked on all day at school, then for a sense of power you log into 2p2 to relieve the anger.. lol? Calling people names in the safety net of mommy & daddy's home infront of a computer?

You big tough boy you!
Just telling it like it is. And school? haha - ok kiddie.

I don't know if you have read your own thread but I was all in favour of you at the start. Now? I'm quite glad FTP did what they did. I'm just sorry they offered you a bonus.

For someone that wants to play at FTP but has spat his dummy out because he has not got RB on his account you seem ignorant of the fact that your mad rantings actually gain more support for FTP than the effect you are trying to achieve.
Rek is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 04:32 AM   #63
swd805
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
swd805's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,826
Re: OMG FullTilt

Im posting here to call out MrCasino aka Craig Gray the guy who cheated and colluded and got banned from pokerstars. I challenge you to a 1 on 1 street fight or cage fight (your choice) and I put up 20k to ur 15k, where u at toughguy?
swd805 is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 04:36 AM   #64
MrCasino
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pokerstars
Posts: 157
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by swd805 View Post
Im posting here to call out MrCasino aka Craig Gray the guy who cheated and colluded and got banned from pokerstars. I challenge you to a 1 on 1 street fight or cage fight (your choice) and I put up 20k to ur 15k, where u at toughguy?
Some people will never get out of the middle school mentality...shame shame shame
MrCasino is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 05:03 AM   #65
antionlineshill
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: none of your bizness weirdos
Posts: 732
Re: OMG FullTilt

Well besides the shenanigans in this thread, we all agree it bs what ftp did, right?
antionlineshill is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 05:03 AM   #66
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,385
Re: OMG FullTilt

Geez you make it hard to come in here on your side, but I'm going to try not to let the fact you're being such a tool ITT sway me.

There's some analogies being drawn that I just don't agree with. First of all, the sports bets was brought up. Do those not have to be called off before the game? Will they actually refuse to pay off on a bet that is made and they allow to stand until after the game? I would be surprised if they did, but I'll admit that I'm no sports betting expert.

As for all the talk of free money, finding a wallet, etc, I disagree. If OP played the tournaments through to their conclusion, there most certainly has been a cost - his time.

I just don't see how anyone can argue that a site should be able advertise a tournament entry fee/prize structure, allow people to enter, pay them out, and then take the prize back after the fact.
Bobo Fett is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 05:16 AM   #67
LaCosa Nostradamus
banned
 
LaCosa Nostradamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 157
Re: OMG FU FULL TILT

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nk3y View Post
In before 'one more reason to play at Stars'.
STARS IS JUST AS DIRTY AS FULL****

Last edited by Bobo Fett; 01-08-2009 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Profanity.
LaCosa Nostradamus is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 05:39 AM   #68
MrCasino
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pokerstars
Posts: 157
Re: OMG FullTilt

I didn't come here to argue, or create this post to argue.

I am just letting it be known what kind of garbage goes on at Full Tilt, for potential new customers that read the forums so they don't get screwed over like thousands of others. It's cheaper to learn from other peoples' mistakes than to make them yourself, after all.

You guys can argue back and forth of whether the seizure of the T$ was right or not, but anyone who has surpassed a high school education, and/or equipped with a little common sense, will see that it is wrong in every way imaginable for them to take back the T$.
MrCasino is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 05:42 AM   #69
swd805
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
swd805's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,826
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCasino View Post
I didn't come here to argue, or create this post to argue.

I am just letting it be known what shrubbery goes on at Full Tilt, for potential new customers that read the forums so they don't get screwed over like thousands of others. It's cheaper to learn from other peoples' mistakes than to make them yourself, after all.

You guys can argue back and forth of whether the seizure of the T$ was right or not, but anyone who has surpassed a high school education, and equipped with a little common sense, will see that it is wrong in every way imaginable for them to take back the T$.
if ur so **** balla why do u even care about a couple hundo in $T? ur gonna make so many 100's of thousands on FTP anyways that you wouldnt care about this small change.... lol ur busto homie.
swd805 is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 05:44 AM   #70
MrCasino
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pokerstars
Posts: 157
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by swd805 View Post
if ur so **** balla why do u even care about a couple hundo in $T? ur gonna make so many 100's of thousands on FTP anyways that you wouldnt care about this small change.... lol ur busto homie.
lol your brain capacity is so limited it's comical and pathetic at the same time. I suppose if you keep millions in your checking account, you agree that it would be okay for the bank to dip into it every once and a while to host a staff party. Get a clue buddy..
MrCasino is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 07:08 AM   #71
soah
Unexpected
 
soah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 61,628
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
Geez you make it hard to come in here on your side, but I'm going to try not to let the fact you're being such a tool ITT sway me.

There's some analogies being drawn that I just don't agree with. First of all, the sports bets was brought up. Do those not have to be called off before the game? Will they actually refuse to pay off on a bet that is made and they allow to stand until after the game? I would be surprised if they did, but I'll admit that I'm no sports betting expert.

As for all the talk of free money, finding a wallet, etc, I disagree. If OP played the tournaments through to their conclusion, there most certainly has been a cost - his time.

I just don't see how anyone can argue that a site should be able advertise a tournament entry fee/prize structure, allow people to enter, pay them out, and then take the prize back after the fact.
from what I understand, the tournaments were not advertised, nor did they involve an entry fee. They accidentally gave away a bunch of money they didn't intend to. From the responses in the original thread on this topic it was quite clear that everyone there realized it was an obvious mistake and no one expected that they would be allowed to keep the winnings.

So, the fact that OP is a massive tool actually does come into play here, because as far as I can see, none of the other people that took advantage of FTP's mistake share his viewpoint that they were actually entitled to keep what they won.

I am not a lawyer, but based on my understanding of things, even if FTP were located (somehow) in the US, the OP's claim to those winnings would be slim at best. For a contract to be legally binding, both parties must be offering something of value to the other. So if we consider the act of joining the tournament to be like signing a contract, this would be invalid because FTP neglected to include the entry fee, and instead are giving away something for nothing.
soah is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 07:31 AM   #72
Recon20k
adept
 
Recon20k's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,015
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by soah View Post
(snip) FTP neglected to include the entry fee, and instead are giving away something for nothing.
But their mistake surely. Sites run freerolls all the time. How is this any different.

Last summer I received almost 2000 ironman medals in one month (obv a mistake). I wasnt really aware at the time, but I bought ftp points with them and then purchased the 32GB ipod from the store. Its a bit unfair if other ppl had theirs recalled as i was allowed keep mine.
Recon20k is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 07:33 AM   #73
Rek
HUZA 2008
 
Rek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,034
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by soah View Post
from what I understand, the tournaments were not advertised, nor did they involve an entry fee. They accidentally gave away a bunch of money they didn't intend to. From the responses in the original thread on this topic it was quite clear that everyone there realized it was an obvious mistake and no one expected that they would be allowed to keep the winnings.

So, the fact that OP is a massive tool actually does come into play here, because as far as I can see, none of the other people that took advantage of FTP's mistake share his viewpoint that they were actually entitled to keep what they won.

I am not a lawyer, but based on my understanding of things, even if FTP were located (somehow) in the US, the OP's claim to those winnings would be slim at best. For a contract to be legally binding, both parties must be offering something of value to the other. So if we consider the act of joining the tournament to be like signing a contract, this would be invalid because FTP neglected to include the entry fee, and instead are giving away something for nothing.
Yeah it was an obvious error and although I initially thought FTP should pay out I am quite happy with the way it was handled. They have held up their hands and said "sorry, our error" and given the players a bonus. These players did not waste much time. Companies do make mistakes and they are not necessarily liable to pay out. It comes down to CS and them doing the right thing. I mean taking this to extremes the payouts for winning each sng could mistakenly be $1M. Surely nobody could imagine they should pay out if that were the case.
Rek is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 07:41 AM   #74
Recon20k
adept
 
Recon20k's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,015
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rek View Post
... taking this to extremes the payouts for winning each sng could mistakenly be $1M. Surely nobody could imagine they should pay out if that were the case.
ok im over it.
Recon20k is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 07:43 AM   #75
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,385
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rek View Post
Yeah it was an obvious error and although I initially thought FTP should pay out I am quite happy with the way it was handled. They have held up their hands and said "sorry, our error" and given the players a bonus. These players did not waste much time. Companies do make mistakes and they are not necessarily liable to pay out. It comes down to CS and them doing the right thing. I mean taking this to extremes the payouts for winning each sng could mistakenly be $1M. Surely nobody could imagine they should pay out if that were the case.
It's funny you should mention this, I had the exact same thought a few minutes ago.

I know there are stores that have a policy that if something is marked incorrectly, you get it at that price, regardless of how obvious the mistake was. I know of someone that has done fairly well from this policy once or twice.

That being said, everything just being numbers in a computer does put a different spin on things. You're never going to get a million dollar item for a dollar in a store, but it just takes a few extra zeros to make a huge mistake online. IDK, I still think FT should suck it up and pay, but you guys make some interesting points.

I can't help but wonder if the sentiment ITT would be any different if the OP was MicroBob or Mike Haven. I'm sure many of you would feel the same way, but I can't help but wonder how much the reputation of the OP plays into the way these threads go.

One final thought, for those of you who remember the PartyGammon ****up, how do you feel the two situations compare? I seem to recall it being fairly similar. Party took as much money back as they could (didn't get mine hahaha), but there were a lot of people very pissed off with Party over that one.
Bobo Fett is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive