Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 01:52 PM   #26
pdiggz
veteran
 
pdiggz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: La Jolla, CA
Posts: 3,100
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspin20 View Post
Just to play devils advocate here...

I recently found a prop bet on The Greek that listed Chris Cooley over 68.5 RECEPTIONS. This was surely ment to be placed under total yards. I bet the max with the same concept in mind... this was their mistake. Needless to say it was reversed out and I didn't even get an email or a bonus. I think OP came off with a free $200 IMO, damn that T&C we all agreed too
maybe 68.5 receptions for the full season and not 68.5 yards for 1 game?
pdiggz is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #27
Hatchet
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 296
Re: OMG FullTilt

I know exactly what games he is speaking of and believe his post. I actually won one of them but they haven't sent me such an email.

I'm thinking either they are taking winnings from those that won the most or those that don't have the MGR to cover their expenses because I have a buddy that won as much as this guy and hasn't received such an email yet but he is a high volume player. And, I'm a medium volume player but only won one.

Even if they do this to me and take away my win I was smart and anticipated this and took a buyout offer on one of the ones I was heads-up on, lol.
Hatchet is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #28
DapsyD
grinder
 
DapsyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 449
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiggz View Post
maybe 68.5 receptions for the full season and not 68.5 yards for 1 game?
Think about what you just said again.
DapsyD is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 02:31 PM   #29
DavidFongs
adept
 
DavidFongs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 821
Re: OMG FullTilt

DapsyD -

You are not smart.
DavidFongs is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 03:26 PM   #30
dbcooper279
old hand
 
dbcooper279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Under 23ft of water
Posts: 1,678
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suigin406 View Post
Wow ftp, what a horrible decision. $200 good will gesture, **** that.
This whole situation is like getting a ridiculously low price on food at the grocery store, in which you buy zillions of dollars worth of food. The grocery store then takes back all of the food you bought and "as good will gesture," offers a buy one get one free coupon on dog food.
dbcooper279 is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 03:42 PM   #31
Backspin20
old hand
 
Backspin20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of Boomswich, NJ
Posts: 1,856
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiggz View Post
maybe 68.5 receptions for the full season and not 68.5 yards for 1 game?

This bet was for just the eagles game it was an obvious error and they canceled it after they accepted the wager and the game had started.
Backspin20 is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 03:51 PM   #32
MicroBob
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MicroBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 61,580
Re: OMG FullTilt

backspin - that's extremely common in sportsbetting. If there's a line put up there that is obviously incorrect they will cancel the wagers on it since obviously a lot of people like you are seeing it and trying to take advantage of it.

I might be the only one here that thinks what FT did on these obviously erroneous tourneys wasn't really so terrible. I would have predicted this conclusion ahead of time when these messed up tourneys were being talked about before.
MicroBob is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 03:56 PM   #33
lemming
veteran
 
lemming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,066
Re: OMG FullTilt

I remember they were having a similar problem a while ago with FTP point super satellites, where the winner received some entry to a 2.5k FTP point sat or something along these lines, and a very decent overlay in there as well...

Did they deduct these points from the players as well?
lemming is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 04:08 PM   #34
apefish
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
apefish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: gotta put this one on caesars
Posts: 14,625
Re: OMG FullTilt

Bob- you aren't the only one. I'm sort of neutral on it, and posted yesterday in that other thread.

lemming- afaik no they didnt. I see those a bit differently however. Those ran for many hours that night for a much smaller buyin/event, unregging converted directly into points and not $T, and maybe the most important distinction between the two was they actually had a buyin- just wrong payouts that affected end play and were therefore hard to rollback effectively.

Going to have to process this issue a bit to give more opinion on this one.
It seems people think that because Full Tilt provided the game and messed up- they should be held accountable when it seems to have been an obvious error that players were literally freerolling.

They didn't run for long right? so being compenstated something for time spent as an "our bad" doesn't seem like a horrendous decision to me in this case.
I probably have to hear more stories roll in about how much they take back etc. If people get to keep up to a buyin or something won on ftp's mistake I really can't call it horrible at this point.
apefish is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 05:02 PM   #35
repulse
veteran
 
repulse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 3,070
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroBob View Post
I might be the only one here that thinks what FT did on these obviously erroneous tourneys wasn't really so terrible. I would have predicted this conclusion ahead of time when these messed up tourneys were being talked about before.
I'm with you... if I discovered these mistaken tournaments and decided to play them, I would do so only with the hope of getting a bonus like the OP did in exchange for the mistake. I would expect that the money won in them would always be taken back.
repulse is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 08:16 PM   #36
The Donator
old hand
 
The Donator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doesn't live here anymore
Posts: 1,825
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by repulse View Post
I'm with you... if I discovered these mistaken tournaments and decided to play them, I would do so only with the hope of getting a bonus like the OP did in exchange for the mistake. I would expect that the money won in them would always be taken back.
It's like getting a reward for finding somebody's wallet. Be happy with the bonus.
The Donator is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 08:39 PM   #37
coinflipper
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: america#1
Posts: 2,223
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspin20 View Post
Just to play devils advocate here...

I recently found a prop bet on The Greek that listed Chris Cooley over 68.5 RECEPTIONS. This was surely ment to be placed under total yards. I bet the max with the same concept in mind... this was their mistake. Needless to say it was reversed out and I didn't even get an email or a bonus. I think OP came off with a free $200 IMO, damn that T&C we all agreed too
I think OP came off with a free 200$ as well.
coinflipper is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #38
CRUDEFINDER
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
CRUDEFINDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: got my straw in your milkshake
Posts: 6,235
Re: OMG FullTilt

If they took out more than the OP would have owed in entry fee's then they are stealing imo
CRUDEFINDER is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 08:47 PM   #39
RolldUpTrips
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,202
Re: OMG FullTilt

What would have happened had OP spent some/all of the T$ already?
RolldUpTrips is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 09:00 PM   #40
JBables
grinder
 
JBables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: uʍop ǝpısdn
Posts: 664
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCasino View Post
Several Sit & Go satellites for FTOPS Event #2 were mistakenly created as a freeroll, rather than a 6,000 FTP buy-in fee.

After a thorough review of your account, we have determined that $1336.00 T$ were applied to your account mistakenly by way of your placing in these errored satellites.
The 6k points sats to event #2 payout 256T$'s to 1st. If you won 1336T$'s you came 1st in 5.21 SNG's right? No those maths dont quite add up....

And if you get an email from FTP saying that you got T Dollars its in the format "XX.XXT$" not "$XX.XX T$".

The mails a fake.
JBables is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 12:24 AM   #41
MrCasino
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pokerstars
Posts: 157
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBables View Post
The 6k points sats to event #2 payout 256T$'s to 1st. If you won 1336T$'s you came 1st in 5.21 SNG's right? No those maths dont quite add up....

And if you get an email from FTP saying that you got T Dollars its in the format "XX.XXT$" not "$XX.XX T$".

The mails a fake.
lol....some of you FTP groupies try so hard..it's truly adorable. im sure you walk around in public stunned out with your FTP branded hat, shirt, watch...right?

I don't need to, nor have the desire to waste my time coming up with a fake FTP email to make them look bad...they do that quite wonderfully all by themselves.

you're right, the math doesn't add up for what i won in them, but that's my fault because i never kept track of my T$ so they may have taken more than they should have for whatever reason.

ftp staff isn't made up of robots im sure, so i dont have an explanation for the missing period. one guess is it's not a generic email from a regular support staff member..it was from a "games supervisor"

i've emailed them already asking several questions..and you guessed it, no response.
MrCasino is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 12:48 AM   #42
Jnr Logical
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 608
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by coinflipper View Post
I think OP came off with a free 200$ as well.
Careful here, check OPs original email from Tilt;

"I have applied a $200.00 bonus offer to your account."

Bonus offer is not $200.
Jnr Logical is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 01:04 AM   #43
kard ktenologist
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCasino View Post
I don't need to, nor have the desire to waste my time coming up with a fake FTP email to make them look bad...they do that quite wonderfully all by themselves.

you're right, the math doesn't add up for what i won in them, but that's my fault because i never kept track of my T$ so they may have taken more than they should have for whatever reason.
So in the email they say this to you:

"We have deducted a total of $1336.00 T$ from your account. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you."

It is clear then if this email was real, then the above statement is correct. You won $1336 tournament dollars from the error.

But in your quote, you say the math doesn't add up because you didn't keep track of your tournament dollars?? What you won from the tournaments is independent of what you had prior.

So according to you, Full Tilt also seized EXTRA tournament dollars from you. If this is the case, why are you not concerned about this?

Something is really sketchy with your story.
kard ktenologist is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 01:08 AM   #44
JoeSchmo
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,122
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Donator View Post
It's like getting a reward for finding somebody's wallet. Be happy with the bonus.
This this this.
JoeSchmo is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 02:19 AM   #45
MrCasino
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pokerstars
Posts: 157
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kard ktenologist View Post
Something is really sketchy with your story.
I think I would be better off going into further detail with a monkey, so I'm not going to bother with you.
MrCasino is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 03:05 AM   #46
swd805
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
swd805's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,826
Re: OMG FullTilt

OP are you the same MrCasino from p5s?
swd805 is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 03:14 AM   #47
MrCasino
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pokerstars
Posts: 157
Re: OMG FullTilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by swd805 View Post
OP are you the same MrCasino from p5s?
yes
MrCasino is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 03:15 AM   #48
swd805
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
swd805's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,826
Re: OMG FullTilt

then that means your banned from stars so FTP is ur only choice, which means you just outted urself for playing on stars in this op...
swd805 is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 03:18 AM   #49
MrCasino
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pokerstars
Posts: 157
Re: OMG FullTilt

mmm...ok
MrCasino is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 03:20 AM   #50
antionlineshill
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: none of your bizness weirdos
Posts: 732
Re: OMG FullTilt

[QUOTE=

Something is really sketchy with your story.[/QUOTE]

Theres always one detective in the bunch wanting there to be more to the story....lol
antionlineshill is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive