Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 08:57 PM   #876
39suited
But it was suited
 
39suited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Teh Internetz (non US)
Posts: 8,189
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJones View Post
It seemed rude to refer him to the post number when I could just give him the answer he was looking for.
It seems rude that Mister Chuck is available to answer stuff on Skype but cannot delegate someone to post in here nor get anything done and communicate with the skins on his network. Dontchathink?
39suited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:57 PM   #877
IndyJones
adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 890
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

It only hurts when i laugh
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #878
SouthernPott
jerk job
 
SouthernPott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,307
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39suited View Post
It seems rude that Mister Chuck is available to answer stuff on Skype but cannot delegate someone to post in here nor get anything done and communicate with the skins on his network. Dontchathink?
He has delegated Gio to post here and evidently they believe the less said about anything, the better. I disagree with this philosophy but it isn't my money invested in the company so maybe they have their reasons.

As to why they don't communicate with their skins, I can only speculate and since I would probably be way off base, I won't.

I am still hopeful that Chuck just got fed up with the strange glitches and just said, "Shut it all down and fix it!" After the debacle of him being at the table on that bounty game and no one being able to access the game, including him, I would have pegged that as the straw that broke the camel's back.

Would it have been better if they had sent out emails and posted on forums first? Yes, of course, but we have come to expect the sites to act first and talk to us second, if they talk to us at all. Truthfulness isn't even part of the equation so even when the sites are completely honest with us we are unlikely to believe them or even care.

Even if they had come out and said they were shutting down temporarily, we would still be complaining about them not doing a better job running their site. This is just one of those occasions(which seems to have become the norm in online poker) where we will just have to wait it out.

The only thing that concerns me about the sites that count on US dollars is they can see online poker(and online gambling in general) is slowly being given back to US players by US based companies. At some point we are not going to need offshore sites and they know it. The question is, is there still time for these offshore sites to invest and profit on the US or should they just get out and be happy not to have lost any more money?
SouthernPott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:37 PM   #879
IndyJones
adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 890
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Hey Gio,

any word on when PPN will be back online?
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #880
GioCanHelp
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 143
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Hey Indy. I spoke to PPN personnel this morning who spoke to Chuck this week and he is working on the processing. That work should be done by the end of this week and the programming is ready when it is. PPN should be online again by the end of the week.

I apologize for the delays. Thank you for your patience and continued interest.


Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJones View Post
Hey Gio,

any word on when PPN will be back online?
GioCanHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #881
IndyJones
adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 890
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioCanHelp View Post
Hey Indy. I spoke to PPN personnel this morning who spoke to Chuck this week and he is working on the processing. That work should be done by the end of this week and the programming is ready when it is. PPN should be online again by the end of the week.

I apologize for the delays. Thank you for your patience and continued interest.
thank you
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #882
CatchaOnTheRiver
stranger
 
CatchaOnTheRiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioCanHelp View Post
Hey Indy. I spoke to PPN personnel this morning who spoke to Chuck this week and he is working on the processing. That work should be done by the end of this week and the programming is ready when it is. PPN should be online again by the end of the week.

I apologize for the delays. Thank you for your patience and continued interest.
Next time you talk with the PPN personnel would you ask them when PicClub will be back up. Are they both going back up at the same time? It was supposed to be done by 3pm days ago. Thanks
CatchaOnTheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:56 AM   #883
Grasshopper8
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 56
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

...and same for mypaylinq.com and GPN glopronet.com ....
Grasshopper8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #884
39suited
But it was suited
 
39suited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Teh Internetz (non US)
Posts: 8,189
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

So how many weeks is the site / network now down for?
39suited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #885
IndyJones
adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 890
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

i think it will be four weeks as of this coming monday
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #886
GioCanHelp
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 143
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

PPN and Pic Club are entirely different entities. Forum rules prevent me from responding about anything not related to PPN, even if I knew, which I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchaOnTheRiver View Post
Next time you talk with the PPN personnel would you ask them when PicClub will be back up. Are they both going back up at the same time? It was supposed to be done by 3pm days ago. Thanks
GioCanHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #887
39suited
But it was suited
 
39suited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Teh Internetz (non US)
Posts: 8,189
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioCanHelp View Post
Forum rules prevent me from responding about anything not related to PPN, even if I knew, which I don't.
So what exactly prevented you from answering my simple question regarding the current downtime duration of PPN?
39suited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #888
GioCanHelp
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 143
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Indy was correct. The site has been down for 25 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 39suited View Post
So what exactly prevented you from answering my simple question regarding the current downtime duration of PPN?
GioCanHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #889
GioCanHelp
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 143
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Since I told you we expected PPN to be online this weekend I thought I should tell you why it isn’t. We received this communication from our hardware supplier today:

“All our Virtualization-Ready systems are built to order from scratch using brand new components - we don't have systems in stock per say. In your case, the missing part was a cable to connect the Battery Backup for the RAID card. As the email sent out by the Tech guys mentioned, the part arrived yesterday evening, and your system will be built today.”

Battery back up cable? I know what you are thinking, don’t I have one of those in my bottom desk draw? (sigh)
GioCanHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:58 AM   #890
toon84
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 158
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

@giocanhelp - Since you seem to be some kind of liason for PPN, I am wondering why you don't answer all the questions directed towards you.

Let me list some questions and you can answer them:

1. Why hasn't the network been forthcoming as to the real reason the network has been down?

2. Why hasn't the network updated it's website with a true statement or an up to date daily update?

3. Why doesn't the network communicate with their skins. It's apparent based on prior comments to questions that the powers there at PPN don't value their skins. How do you expect them to want to go all out for you if and when your network returns?

4. Chuck has time to launch a new business while sitting idle on the poker network, perhaps that is the real reason the network has been down. Does this ring a bell? Chuck Kidd
Well after 3 years of hard work www.Kwiqpay.com is getting ready to launch. Opening date is set for August 1st, 2013.
Stay tuned as we change the way people buy products and services both on and off line.

5, How can people trust Chuck at this point? Seriously the guy ties up everyone's money, the network doesn't send out any information to players or skins for that matter based on posts here from others. Do you really think people are gullible, well ok maybe a few are but 98% of aren't.

6. Is it true that when a player deposits the money goes into Chuck's checking or personal banking account and upon cashout Chuck pays out from the same account(s). I have seen this posted by others on other forums and they seemed to have first hand knowledge. If that is the case everyone should be running for the hills and cashing out.

Well Gio I took it easy on you with these questions, let's see how you fare then we move on to more difficult ones.

@everyone else - If and when PPN/Pic Club and any other financial platform Chuck is running, I would suggest you cash out immediately. Red flags abound and for those sheep that still believe in Chuck you will continue to head to the slaughter. Just my observation from what has taken place and the track record in play here.
toon84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:48 AM   #891
39suited
But it was suited
 
39suited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Teh Internetz (non US)
Posts: 8,189
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by toon84 View Post
1. Why hasn't the network been forthcoming as to the real reason the network has been down?
Ah cmon he did post a cable was missing and that surely can take 4 weeks these days.
39suited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:44 AM   #892
IndyJones
adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 890
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39suited View Post
Ah cmon he did post a cable was missing and that surely can take 4 weeks these days.
lol, maybe they called Larry the Cable Guy, no wait, that would be cable TV, Git R Done!!
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #893
GioCanHelp
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 143
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Requested Response to toon84:

1. PPN has been forthcoming that the reason the network has been down is that they are undergoing a hardware update. Chuck has been required to move servers from Costa Rica and it is taking longer than expected to get it done. We hope to resume providing the most innovative online poker experience soon.

2. PPN has not updated the website because our full efforts have been devoted to the effort to resume service.

3. The only poker room within the PPN group that involves independent ownership is Rounders Row and that is the only one about which a communication problem comment has been made. They have been contacted as to our current status. PPN will address all perceived communications problems.

4. PPN has no position on any other business ventures in which Chuck may be involved. He does report that after 4 years of time and investment he cannot justify putting more time towards PPN anymore.

5. PPN has earned the trust of the players who have been with it for years. It will endeavor to earn the trust of the newer players as well. Chuck takes sole responsibility for not keeping people updated.

6. I do not intend to track down and address rumors you may have heard in other threads, certainly not rumors which relate to other business ventures in which Chuck may be involved. Chuck and some partners are trying to launch a new business unrelated to gambling and poker.
PPN has never mingled players funds with operations of PPN. Be assured that your PPN deposits are safe. As soon as the site is running again players will have access to their funds. Chuck has paid for PPN operational expenses for years out of his pocket to keep it going and will do so for a bit longer, however that commitment is limited.

Thank you for your continued interest in PPN.
GioCanHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:08 AM   #894
39suited
But it was suited
 
39suited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Teh Internetz (non US)
Posts: 8,189
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioCanHelp View Post
We hope to resume providing the most innovative online poker experience soon.
Resume is most definitely the wrong word in this context, as this would require to already have what you claim above and that is not the case. Unless you call numerous glitches "innovative".
Quote:
Originally Posted by GioCanHelp View Post
2. PPN has not updated the website because our full efforts have been devoted to the effort to resume service.
Wait, isn't that part of the effort?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GioCanHelp View Post
4. PPN has no position on any other business ventures in which Chuck may be involved. He does report that after 4 years of time and investment he cannot justify putting more time towards PPN anymore.
Thanks for clarifying it, even though it was already quite obvious to everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GioCanHelp View Post
5. PPN has earned the trust of the players who have been with it for years. It will endeavor to earn the trust of the newer players as well.
This may be true for maybe a dozen players, others may see it as a level. Then again, there weren't really much more players on the site anyways ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GioCanHelp View Post
Chuck has paid for PPN operational expenses for years out of his pocket to keep it going and will do so for a bit longer, however that commitment is limited.
So what exactly happens when Chuck does not pay anymore, is there anyone else that will jump in as investor? Because otherwise you may very well close shop already given the serious lack of traffic.
39suited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #895
cjc2
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 332
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioCanHelp View Post
Requested Response to toon84:

1. PPN has been forthcoming that the reason the network has been down is that they are undergoing a hardware update. Chuck has been required to move servers from Costa Rica and it is taking longer than expected to get it done. We hope to resume providing the most innovative online poker experience soon.

2. PPN has not updated the website because our full efforts have been devoted to the effort to resume service.

3. The only poker room within the PPN group that involves independent ownership is Rounders Row and that is the only one about which a communication problem comment has been made. They have been contacted as to our current status. PPN will address all perceived communications problems.

4. PPN has no position on any other business ventures in which Chuck may be involved. He does report that after 4 years of time and investment he cannot justify putting more time towards PPN anymore.
...
#4 directly contradicts #1.
cjc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #896
TJ
Poker Site Rep
 
TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rounders Row
Posts: 298
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioCanHelp View Post
Requested Response to toon84:

3. The only poker room within the PPN group that involves independent ownership is Rounders Row and that is the only one about which a communication problem comment has been made. They have been contacted as to our current status. PPN will address all perceived communications problems.
I am deeply concerned here with this response because it is not factual at all.

The first part I will address of this is that we have NEVER been contacted as to the networks current status. Let me make sure I am 100% clear, we have NEVER been contacted since the network went down. Our e-mails have gone unanswered and they date back to 36 hours after the network went down. Now 27/28 days later you are going to come here and tell people that PPN is in contact with us? Why lie?

This is not a perception at all when it comes to communication problems, it's a fact not a rumor, not a false belief but again a 100% TRUE fact.

We also find it funny that we are the only independent room on the network. Numerous times we were told changes wouldn't be made because "other partners" didn't want to make changes. Again more lies, because there wasn't any other partners to begin with. This would explain why you wouldn't provide info to contact other "owners" to discuss issues and potential shared promotions because the only other partner is PPN itself.

Let's face it, any site that does a server upgrade or any type of move either is down for 4 hours or they set up the servers at the new location and transfer the data. It doesn't take a month to do any of this.

To update a website takes minutes not a month. All of what you have stated is pretty absurd and goes to show why things are the way they are at PPN.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:34 AM   #897
IndyJones
adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 890
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
This is not a perception at all when it comes to communication problems, it's a fact not a rumor, not a false belief but again a 100% TRUE fact.

We also find it funny that we are the only independent room on the network. Numerous times we were told changes wouldn't be made because "other partners" didn't want to make changes. Again more lies, because there wasn't any other partners to begin with. This would explain why you wouldn't provide info to contact other "owners" to discuss issues and potential shared promotions because the only other partner is PPN itself.
I just love juicy gossip!
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:14 AM   #898
toon84
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 158
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Another 12 days and your network is still down. So much for the missing cable explanation.

@Gio - I found your answers to be pretty bizarre. Upgrading or moving servers doesn't take 38-39 days to do. So there is a lot more to the story than what you are spinning.

I did CHUCKle when I read your reply to the reason why the website isn't updated with new information. I am wondering is that 3PM retrun in 2014 or 3014? I'd say 3014 is a safe bet.

There appears to be some mistake on either your part or TJ's part because you say you communicate with him and he says you don't. I would side with TJ on this purely based on your lack of informaion and spin job you try to do and only fool those that don't know better.

I can rip into this a lot further but it's not worth the time, I think people can see at face value that PPN is a joke.

I will ask you one question however, when are you guys paying out the players that have funds in their accounts? There's no reason you should be holding their money, afterall it is segregated right?

If you can't provide a service to the players, make arrangements to send back their funds. I don't care how you pay them, in person by money order, pay pal, or wire. Show some good faith here.

I would venture to say, you'll say, sorry but that's not an option.

@TJ - I have been hard on you at times in this topic and elsewhere however I believe you are a stand up individual. Rather than stay silent and do nothing, you chose to speak up and expose lies. I am sure this has hurt your relationship with this outfit but as I see it, it was a one way relationship. They wanted you to save their ship but when you wanted changes to put a ship together for them, they didn't want to spend money, time or resources. Instead they pigeonholed you.

I respect you stepping up and telling what you know. It's rare that you see this because for the most part as you see in other networks it's a me, me, me attitude and when the cards are revealed they all run. Reminds me of that slime Neil Butterfold.

@ everyone else - If you have $$$ on PPN, post how much you have there and ask Gio to send you your money. Why let Chuck hold on to it if he isn't providing you an opportunity to use it. He has no issues using your money. I would be pretty sure it is being used in his so called "NEW" adventure I posted about. I don't know that for fact but it would make sense he is.
toon84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #899
IndyJones
adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 890
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by toon84 View Post
@ everyone else - If you have $$$ on PPN, post how much you have there and ask Gio to send you your money. Why let Chuck hold on to it if he isn't providing you an opportunity to use it. He has no issues using your money. I would be pretty sure it is being used in his so called "NEW" adventure I posted about. I don't know that for fact but it would make sense he is.
I noticed you did not say how much you have there.
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #900
39suited
But it was suited
 
39suited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Teh Internetz (non US)
Posts: 8,189
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Once upon a time ... mind boggling but in no way surprising that still nothing has happened almost two weeks later.

Question for Gio: How much rake does a poker site generate when nobody can access the software?
39suited is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive