Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #676
IndyJones
adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 890
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

has anyone ever noticed that there isn't a 3 raise limit in cash games on merge or did they change that? it used to happen all the time on the fixed limit cash tables. it doesn't really bother me but it does illustrate that not every poker room uses the same betting rules.
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #677
IndyJones
adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 890
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by toon84 View Post
This topic started April , 2012 in almost a years time this network has grown 0% and just recently added 1 new room. So if you think this has woked over the last ten months and you've played hundreds of thousands of hands (not sure with who) then stay satisified as you appear to be.
if you had bothered to actually read the thread you would know that i have complained as much as anyone about the silly little quirks and flaws, most of which have not been fixed. maybe they don't make enough money to hire the personnel they need in the programming department. this thread is important because we can share the work arounds for some of the flaws, but it is no excuse for not fixing them. ppn has acknowledged the problems and promised to fix them. i admit i have grown complacent about them. have you noticed that the hand history doesn't show me the cards in my own hand? I have complained about that at least half a dozen times because a hand history that is easy to read on the fly is important to me. i just laugh now when i hear someone complain about something i complained about for months. i wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get fixed before they have hundreds of active players?
yeah, i know, it's on the to do list, thanks for your input, that's all u are ever gonna hear. what i think is important now is to get more tourneys that people will play

you are wasting your breath complaining about stuff they apparently don't have the budget to deal with. Maybe the owners need to invest more capital so they can advertise and make everything perfect.

and don't delete a cash table that people actually did play, like the omaha hilo .01/.02 table. so you are a big time high roller who likes to make fun of the micro stakes players... i say if people want to play it let them.
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:49 AM   #678
39suited
But it was suited
 
39suited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Teh Internetz (non US)
Posts: 8,189
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJones View Post
and don't delete a cash table that people actually did play, like the omaha hilo .01/.02 table. so you are a big time high roller who likes to make fun of the micro stakes players... i say if people want to play it let them.
Were those tables actually generating much rake at all? What's the min pot to have a rake drop?
39suited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #679
GioCanHelp
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 143
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Thank you Stlboy05 for bringing up the matter of the betting structure in your post f rom several days ago. I do appreciate and encourage the comments of players like you as well as the comments and interest of prospective players, not just the opinions of our top rakers like IndyJones. The constructive criticism of players who experience the games is most valuable to us. I read the posts on a daily basis and I have followed the debate with great interest. It especially helpful when players post screen shots and hand numbers so we can determine the exact context of what happened. Your concerns and the concerns of others who have posted or will post on the matter will be expeditiously brought to the attention of the support and programming departments so that the appropriate plan of action can be determined and implemented. I will continue to follow this topic with interest.
GioCanHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #680
GioCanHelp
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 143
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Unlike any other poker network, the rake rate depends on the size of the table. You will pay as little as 2% on a heads up table. You can find the breakdown here: http://www.pokerprosnetwork.eu/rake.html
The rake rate on a 10 player table is 4%. Therefore, there would be a 1 cent rake on a 25 cent pot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39suited View Post
Were those tables actually generating much rake at all? What's the min pot to have a rake drop?
GioCanHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #681
hankwhite69
banned
 
hankwhite69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ImdaBes Posts: 999,999+
Posts: 1,249
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioCanHelp View Post
Unlike any other poker network, the rake rate depends on the size of the table. You will pay as little as 2% on a heads up table. You can find the breakdown here: http://www.pokerprosnetwork.eu/rake.html
The rake rate on a 10 player table is 4%. Therefore, there would be a 1 cent rake on a 25 cent pot.
If youre at a 10 or 9 max table and only 2 players are playing does the HU rake apply (2%)?
Or do u need to be seated specifically at a HU table?
hankwhite69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #682
stlboy05
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 205
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJones View Post
just how would the change in the betting rules make it not viable to make money playing here? the more money in the pot the more money you can make. right? are you demanding that they change the way bets are made before you deposit here?

it isn't like there are a bunch of other poker networks to play at. if you read the thread about where can U.S. players play, no one is asking about betting rules, how pretty the site is etc, what everyone wants to know is, do they take players from the state i live in and how fast can i get my money off the site? I you don't like the tourneys, the tables offered, the traffic or the players then you can take your money somewhere else. It is suspicious that you go on whining repetitively and obsessively about about a site you have never played at. give it a try, u might like it, if you don't, u can take your money back to merge, or ACR, or whereever you enjoy playing.
Because as 39suited pointed out this is the only site where this has ever been possible. Why would anyone think to ask a question like that? You want what I want, the traffic to increase and the only way to do that is fix issues like this. This shouldn't be like a home game where you can make up any rules you want, at least if you want the traffic to grow. If this was a home game that I showed up to and they decided to make 2's wild,well I prob wouldn't go back or at the least not take it very seriously. I think you might just like arguing because it makes no sense to want to keep this like it is,that is if you do want to see traffic increasing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GioCanHelp View Post
Thank you Stlboy05 for bringing up the matter of the betting structure in your post f rom several days ago. I do appreciate and encourage the comments of players like you as well as the comments and interest of prospective players, not just the opinions of our top rakers like IndyJones. The constructive criticism of players who experience the games is most valuable to us. I read the posts on a daily basis and I have followed the debate with great interest. It especially helpful when players post screen shots and hand numbers so we can determine the exact context of what happened. Your concerns and the concerns of others who have posted or will post on the matter will be expeditiously brought to the attention of the support and programming departments so that the appropriate plan of action can be determined and implemented. I will continue to follow this topic with interest.
Thank you for listening and also thank you for being more active in this thread. Any update on the new software? I would be willing to be a beta tester if you need.
stlboy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #683
GioCanHelp
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 143
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Of course, no one likes to have someone swoop in, win your money and run away. It happens in every online poker room, it can even happen in a casino. You may never know why a player does what he does. I cannot imagine a way to deal with it that does not inhibit players who simply had to go to work, change a diaper or who had an emergency. Who is to say that this not a legitimate player activity. We are open to condider solutions which improve the playing experience for all players. We are expanding our tournament list and reducing the number of minimum players required for a tournament to start. In tournament play a player cannot just run off with your chips.

We do offer player notes so you can make a notation about player activity that annoys you and simply choose not to play them in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankwhite69 View Post
Figure out a way that an opponent cant win $2 and run away in 8 hands.

I honestly dont want to start tables anymore because of these HNR parasites

Thats a terrible way to welcome new players to the site after they wait hours for someone to play against.

Getting new players on this site is like finding water in the desert and these guys are pissing it.
GioCanHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:55 AM   #684
SouthernPott
jerk job
 
SouthernPott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,307
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

What were the latest updates? My software updated tonight at 6:30 p.m. before I played the Freeroll but it didn't say what was being updated.

Then after I turned the client off and restarted it about 10:30 looking for a hand history it updated again but didn't say what it was doing.

The only thing I noticed that was unusual was in the $2.00 rebuy/add-on game. After the break, while everyone else got their add-ons immediately, Rstiltskin and Maudieee did not. Rstiltskin went out on a hand and after his avatar/sn was gone it popped back up with $1500. Weren't the add-ons $2000 or $2500? Mauddieee was down to her last round when her add-on kicked in but I don't remember how much she had so I don't know what her add-on was but it was not on time or even in time to do her much good.

Speaking of looking for a hand history, when I clicked on the Hand History tab, it takes me to a website that is still not showing anything. Will we be getting hand history information in the future?

Speaking of clicking, when I typed a snarky comment in the chat box that included the word click, it read out as c****. Now why is click censored?
SouthernPott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:14 AM   #685
GioCanHelp
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 143
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

The update you experienced represents the first installment of the revisions to the tournament list. Entry fees have been reduced for most events. The minimum number of players has been reduced to 2 for events running from 1:00 through 13:00. The minimum number of players has been reduced to 6 for events running at 14:00 and 14:30. The plan is to reduce the minimum number of players to 2 for all events. Some event types have been changed. More changes are in the process of being made.

I will check on the add on amount for you. I will suggest that the amount of chips received for rebuys and add ons should be stated in the tournament lobby window. No unusual delay in applying the add on has been reported previously. If this is experienced again we would like to know about. Typically the add on you purchase during the break is applied at the beginning of the first hand after the break.

Hand history accessible from the main lobby window has been dysfunctional for some time and is to be corrected in the next major update to the game client. The history accessible from the game window works but would not display the hand if the game client is restarted. Hand history accessible from the game window has been incomplete for some time and is to be corrected in the next major update to the game client.

IndyJones previously reported that the word “hello” has been censored. I will report “click” and “hello” to the programmer for adjustment. Chat censoring never works out to everyone’s satisfaction and our current outlook is that the less censoring the better, subject to adjustment in the event of a player complaint. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.




Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernPott View Post
What were the latest updates? My software updated tonight at 6:30 p.m. before I played the Freeroll but it didn't say what was being updated.

Then after I turned the client off and restarted it about 10:30 looking for a hand history it updated again but didn't say what it was doing.

The only thing I noticed that was unusual was in the $2.00 rebuy/add-on game. After the break, while everyone else got their add-ons immediately, Rstiltskin and Maudieee did not. Rstiltskin went out on a hand and after his avatar/sn was gone it popped back up with $1500. Weren't the add-ons $2000 or $2500? Mauddieee was down to her last round when her add-on kicked in but I don't remember how much she had so I don't know what her add-on was but it was not on time or even in time to do her much good.

Speaking of looking for a hand history, when I clicked on the Hand History tab, it takes me to a website that is still not showing anything. Will we be getting hand history information in the future?

Speaking of clicking, when I typed a snarky comment in the chat box that included the word click, it read out as c****. Now why is click censored?
GioCanHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #686
GioCanHelp
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 143
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

You have to be seated at a HU table for the 2% rake rate to apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankwhite69 View Post
If youre at a 10 or 9 max table and only 2 players are playing does the HU rake apply (2%)?
Or do u need to be seated specifically at a HU table?
GioCanHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #687
GioCanHelp
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 143
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

There has been a lot of discussion about the betting structure. I have passed this information along to Marcus with the suggestion that perhaps the company owners should ultimately decide any changes to be made. Thanks to everyone for the comments and suggestions.
GioCanHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #688
SouthernPott
jerk job
 
SouthernPott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,307
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioCanHelp View Post

I will check on the add on amount for you. I will suggest that the amount of chips received for rebuys and add ons should be stated in the tournament lobby window. No unusual delay in applying the add on has been reported previously. If this is experienced again we would like to know about. Typically the add on you purchase during the break is applied at the beginning of the first hand after the break.
This was the first time I had witnessed this issue and no one else seemed to indicate they had seen it previously.

I hate to sound like a jerk but I might suggest you ask the tournament be reviewed from the break to see who did the add-on and then see when each add-on was distributed. Get our ahead of this before it pops up again. Review the chat history after Rstiltskin goes out and then pops back up in the game.

The add-on purchased at the break SHOULD ALWAYS be applied by the first hand after the break in my mind. I can't think of a reason why it would be delayed.
SouthernPott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #689
GioCanHelp
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 143
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

I completely agree with you and will do as you suggest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernPott View Post
This was the first time I had witnessed this issue and no one else seemed to indicate they had seen it previously.

I hate to sound like a jerk but I might suggest you ask the tournament be reviewed from the break to see who did the add-on and then see when each add-on was distributed. Get our ahead of this before it pops up again. Review the chat history after Rstiltskin goes out and then pops back up in the game.

The add-on purchased at the break SHOULD ALWAYS be applied by the first hand after the break in my mind. I can't think of a reason why it would be delayed.
GioCanHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #690
GioCanHelp
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 143
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Tourneys available under the “scheduled” tab now include events every 15 minutes from 19:00 to 21:00, ranging from $0.50 to $5.00, 2 player minimum, more events are coming soon. This is what the players and prospective players asked for. The new tourneys are already getting some action so step up, sign up, register and let the fun begin!!

There may still be time to suggest events before the rest of the changes are made so take a look at what we have and give us your thoughts.

Last edited by GioCanHelp; 02-18-2013 at 08:08 PM.
GioCanHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:09 AM   #691
IndyJones
adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 890
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioCanHelp View Post
Tourneys available under the “scheduled” tab now include events every 15 minutes from 19:00 to 21:00, ranging from $0.50 to $5.00, 2 player minimum, more events are coming soon. This is what the players and prospective players asked for. The new tourneys are already getting some action so step up, sign up, register and let the fun begin!!

There may still be time to suggest events before the rest of the changes are made so take a look at what we have and give us your thoughts.
good job PPN. i enjoyed 3 sheduled tourneys yesterday. first time anyone has played one that i recall. had a great time in the 3 player $3 NLOH hilo.it got down to 2 player after 20 minutes then Connie (DoeCeDoe) and I went at it for over an hour.
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #692
GioCanHelp
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 143
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

I'm glad you are enjoying the new tournament events. We now have 84 events ranging from $0.25 to $50.00. We will be adding several more. Anyone with suggestions or comments is invited to post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJones View Post
good job PPN. i enjoyed 3 sheduled tourneys yesterday. first time anyone has played one that i recall. had a great time in the 3 player $3 NLOH hilo.it got down to 2 player after 20 minutes then Connie (DoeCeDoe) and I went at it for over an hour.
GioCanHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #693
GioCanHelp
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 143
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Results of the Sunday $100 freeroll
Feb 17
40 players

1. RIlbas $40
2. WDM17 $24
3. chs600 $16
4. Danger1 $12
5. Fuglynutz0 $8
GioCanHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:23 AM   #694
IndyJones
adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 890
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioCanHelp View Post
I'm glad you are enjoying the new tournament events. We now have 84 events ranging from $0.25 to $50.00. We will be adding several more. Anyone with suggestions or comments is invited to post.
I would like to see more NLO8, FLHE and PLHE in the $1 to $3 range
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:38 AM   #695
GioCanHelp
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 143
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Results of the Sunday $100 freeroll
Feb 24
26 players

1. WDM17 $50
2. Himike72 $30
3. chs600 $20
GioCanHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #696
Highfish
adept
 
Highfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 814
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Would really like to play at PPN, but there is no traffic at all. Downloaded the client a few month ago and check the site now and then.
For the first time I saw some1 sitting at a table. (NL 4 with 20 BB)

How is PPN still online??

They offer 35% RB if you deposit 500 bucks; not bad, but how will I be able to clear a bonus with no traffic?

What are the future plans to change that Gio?

I promise if you can manage to bring at least at bit of traffic to the tables (NL 10 +) I will deposit the 500.
Highfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:37 AM   #697
GioCanHelp
Poker Site Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 143
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Thank you for your interest Highfish. I am not going to try to sell you on the idea that you will be able to get daily action on NL 10+ tables. Maybe someday, but probably not any time soon. Rarely is there any action on tables with BB over $0.50. Not to nit pik, but you do not get both bonus and 35% rake back on your deposit. If you choose rake back then it will be credited monthly for life. You would not clear a large deposit bonus based on the traffic history. Even the biggest raker of 2012 would do well to clear $10 - $15 bonus per month. I am confident that traffic will improve in the coming months, at least for small stakes players.

I had hoped that Rounders Row joining would bring a huge influx of new players but so far it is only a trickle. Improvements to the look and playability of the site have been slow, but since RR joined there has been a renewed impetus to improve the site. The best example is the revamped tournament list offering events every fifteen minutes. There may finally be some progress to implementation a whole new game client version that will create a slicker look and a wider variety of games.

I am advocating additional measures to increase traffic, like revamping the sng list and promotional races in rake, tourney points and sng points to get more people on the tables.

There are not enough players willing to start a cash table but it is not unusual to have several players join a table. PPN gave away over $5000 in freerolls last year to a pool of hundreds of players. Sooner or later I would expect the majority of those freeroll winners to return - they cannot withdraw the freeroll winning until they meet a 1:1 play through requirement. It is entirely feasible that, within a matter of months, we could have hundreds of players on cash and tourney tables every week.

The only reason PPN is still online is because of the resolve of Chuck Kidd to offer an innovative alternative to other poker networks, even if it takes years to make it happen. I’m hoping it will only be months.

The fact that you have a continuing interest is evidence that there are players who are not entirely happy with the product offered by the other networks. Until players like you are ready to take the leap I hope you will continue to check in and inquire from time to time.
GioCanHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #698
Highfish
adept
 
Highfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 814
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioCanHelp View Post
Thank you for your interest Highfish. I am not going to try to sell you on the idea that you will be able to get daily action on NL 10+ tables. Maybe someday, but probably not any time soon. Rarely is there any action on tables with BB over $0.50. Not to nit pik, but you do not get both bonus and 35% rake back on your deposit. If you choose rake back then it will be credited monthly for life. You would not clear a large deposit bonus based on the traffic history. Even the biggest raker of 2012 would do well to clear $10 - $15 bonus per month. I am confident that traffic will improve in the coming months, at least for small stakes players.

I had hoped that Rounders Row joining would bring a huge influx of new players but so far it is only a trickle. Improvements to the look and playability of the site have been slow, but since RR joined there has been a renewed impetus to improve the site. The best example is the revamped tournament list offering events every fifteen minutes. There may finally be some progress to implementation a whole new game client version that will create a slicker look and a wider variety of games.

I am advocating additional measures to increase traffic, like revamping the sng list and promotional races in rake, tourney points and sng points to get more people on the tables.

There are not enough players willing to start a cash table but it is not unusual to have several players join a table. PPN gave away over $5000 in freerolls last year to a pool of hundreds of players. Sooner or later I would expect the majority of those freeroll winners to return - they cannot withdraw the freeroll winning until they meet a 1:1 play through requirement. It is entirely feasible that, within a matter of months, we could have hundreds of players on cash and tourney tables every week.

The only reason PPN is still online is because of the resolve of Chuck Kidd to offer an innovative alternative to other poker networks, even if it takes years to make it happen. I’m hoping it will only be months.

The fact that you have a continuing interest is evidence that there are players who are not entirely happy with the product offered by the other networks. Until players like you are ready to take the leap I hope you will continue to check in and inquire from time to time.
k, good luck to you
Highfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #699
VicVegas007
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 388
Chuck kidd - what about paying back these people?
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh....php?t=1290560
VicVegas007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #700
IndyJones
adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 890
Re: *** Official Poker Pros Network Support and Promotions Thread ***

the thread you linked to is about pic-club, not ppn
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive