Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 12:03 AM   #76
jamest
old hand
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,276
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Intertops wouldn't scam you or take your information. I just think you are very paranoid.
jamest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:11 AM   #77
newschool
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 288
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by otatop View Post
You're dumb for taking a stand on this one dumb issue, and acting like your passport number is the most important thing in the world. It's a bit odd to trust somebody to hold your money for you, but not trust them with a digital picture of an ID.I'm not sure you do understand it. Let's take a look at the part that sticks in your craw:
It's not saying they'll be using the ID just to check the information you provided, they're making sure that what you provided them with is actually your information. They're literally doing it as a form of identity protection.Well like I said, it's pretty dumb to trust someone with money but not a digital photo.If there were as many shills as you seem to believe there are, the sites wouldn't be keeping much profit for themselves.
Its not dumb to me. If its so unimportant then why do they want it so badly? To send a check and close the account? What are they to verify this against if they only have the info I provided? And I didn't provide photo,#?

Who exactly are they "protecting?"

Dumb to give them money but not photo? Well since I didn't know I would need to. I would say I was tricked or was not provided full disclosure.

I only pointed out one shill although there are probably more. Could just be one dude with many accounts. But putting what looked like an advertisement for the company in question. Up on this thread is a bit strange, no?

Why are seemingly, so many trying to justify theft or whatever word you want to use, to describe taking ones property against their will.
newschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:14 AM   #78
Clamper13
adept
 
Clamper13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: California
Posts: 1,069
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

I tried to think of an argument that could convince the OP that Intertops' requirement for an unmodified identification is prudent and reasonable.

I failed.

I tried to think of a tone for my post that wouldn't incite his conspiratorial wrath.

I probably failed at that too.

All I could think of was a couple of questions.

Did you ever cashout from PokerStars or FullTilt? If so, what are your thoughts on their requirements?

Last edited by Clamper13; 01-07-2012 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Removed minor typo.
Clamper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:16 AM   #79
newschool
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 288
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest View Post
Intertops wouldn't scam you or take your information. I just think you are very paranoid.
Call me whatever (insert negative descriptive word) you want. It doesn't change the facts. They have my property and won't give it back. Thats not paranoia thats the unfortunate reality right now.

But since you say...I guess I'll just trust em???
newschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:22 AM   #80
newschool
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 288
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamper13 View Post
I tried to think of an argument that could convince the OP that Intertops' requirement for an unmodified identification is prudent and reasonable.

I failed.

I tried to think of a tone for my post that wouldn't incite the his conspiratorial wrath.

I probably failed at that too.

All I could think of was a couple of questions.

Did you ever cashout from PokerStars or FullTilt? If so, what are your thoughts on their requirements?
Well this is fun. Conspiratorial wrath lol Sounds like I should have some theme music or something. lol

To answer your question as unwrathfully as possible, Yes from 6 sites including PS and FT, and never once asked for such info. Just name,email,address. Payed cash, got checks,WU,ect.
newschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:22 AM   #81
VicVegas007
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 388
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Buddy, you have two options:

1. Give them what they want, get your money and shut up.
2. Don't give them what they want, don't get your money and shut up.

Please choose.
VicVegas007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #82
murdahc
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,243
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

keep up the good fight. the idiots in this thread dissing you are the same idiots responsible for the DOJ coming down hard on FTP and Pstars.
murdahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:25 AM   #83
otatop
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 12,727
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newschool View Post
Nothing and I did. I just blocked out photo and #. But I think your missing the whole point.
Wow, hard to believe they wouldn't accept an ID with the photo and ID number blocked out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newschool View Post
Its not dumb to me. If its so unimportant then why do they want it so badly? To send a check and close the account?
To not get scammed/allow scammers to use their site to pull scams?
Quote:
What are they to verify this against if they only have the info I provided?
They probably don't verify it against anything, they just make sure it looks like legit ID so if anybody says they were scammed they have proof to cover their asses.
Quote:
Who exactly are they "protecting?"
Anybody who's ever deposited onto a site? Apparently you think people should just be allowed to cashout without ever proving they are who they are, so scammers wouldn't even need to chip dump if they got your account.
Quote:
Dumb to give them money but not photo? Well since I didn't know I would need to. I would say I was tricked or was not provided full disclosure.
And they've already said that it's in their TOS, so...
Quote:
I only pointed out one shill although there are probably more. Could just be one dude with many accounts. But putting what looked like an advertisement for the company in question. Up on this thread is a bit strange, no?
You've talked about shills more than just once, and a lot of your posts seem to imply that it's impossible for posters here to disagree with you without being paid for it.
Quote:
Why are seemingly, so many trying to justify theft or whatever word you want to use, to describe taking ones property against their will.
For example, this very post I'm replying to.

We're "justifying theft" because you're being a weird baby and waiting months to get your money while bitching about it instead of sending in an ID like everybody else who's cashed out has done.
otatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:30 AM   #84
newschool
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 288
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdahc View Post
keep up the good fight. the idiots in this thread dissing you are the same idiots responsible for the DOJ coming down hard on FTP and Pstars.
+10000000000000000 Ty sir

Yeah I am suprised they are not out championing for FT or UB or any of the other scam sites, that were caught robbing people. Its laughable at this point.

Last edited by newschool; 01-07-2012 at 12:36 AM.
newschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:31 AM   #85
jamest
old hand
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,276
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Is this your first time cashing out?
jamest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:31 AM   #86
newschool
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 288
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicVegas007 View Post
Buddy, you have two options:

1. Give them what they want, get your money and shut up.
2. Don't give them what they want, don't get your money and shut up.

Please choose.
How about 3 you go away, you stfu. If you don't have anything useful to add go somewhere else.
newschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:32 AM   #87
VicVegas007
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 388
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdahc View Post
keep up the good fight. the idiots in this thread dissing you are the same idiots responsible for the DOJ coming down hard on FTP and Pstars.
VicVegas007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #88
RikaKazak
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,659
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Today a friend and I were talking about how I was winning too much online and couldn't cash out fast enough (/brag). He then went on to whine about how 1 good looking but "meh" personality girl liked him, and how about another "meh looking" but great personality girl liked him too and he couldn't decide which girl to ask out on a date this weekend (knowing that either one would say yes).

He concluded the conversation with, "lol first world problems"

Got me thinking about how stupid some of the stuff I stress about is.

Also got me thinking about how stupid some of the stuff others stress about is.

Newschool....lol first world problems

(in before being called a shill)
RikaKazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #89
VicVegas007
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 388
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newschool View Post
How about 3 you go away, you stfu. If you don't have anything useful to add go somewhere else.
Buddy, you have three options:

1. Give them what they want, get your money and shut up.
2. Don't give them what they want, don't get your money and shut up.
3. you go away, you stfu. If you don't have anything useful to add go somewhere else.

Please choose.

There, fixed it for you.
VicVegas007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:41 AM   #90
SovietRussia
veteran
 
SovietRussia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jack City
Posts: 2,214
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Nobody actually cares about your "problem", you're just an entertainment vessel.

Otaop nailed it when he said the reason you're having problems with your cash out is because you're a moron.
SovietRussia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:43 AM   #91
poker_triad
Cambodia thread bong
 
poker_triad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Posts: 2,410
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietRussia View Post
Nobody actually cares about your "problem", you're just an entertainment vessel.

Otaop nailed it when he said the reason you're having problems with your cash out is because you're a moron.
+1

Can everyone just stop responding to this idiot and just kill this thread.
poker_triad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:43 AM   #92
39suited
But it was suited
 
39suited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Teh Internetz (non US)
Posts: 8,189
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

The saga newschool vs Intertops continues and is now entering its (please insert number here) th month, despite several attempts newschool has still not provided the required documents. It is quite funny to see a pattern there though, last time it was exactly the same.
39suited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:49 AM   #93
newschool
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 288
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikaKazak View Post
Today a friend and I were talking about how I was winning too much online and couldn't cash out fast enough (/brag). He then went on to whine about how 1 good looking but "meh" personality girl liked him, and how about another "meh looking" but great personality girl liked him too and he couldn't decide which girl to ask out on a date this weekend (knowing that either one would say yes).

He concluded the conversation with, "lol first world problems"

Got me thinking about how stupid some of the stuff I stress about is.

Also got me thinking about how stupid some of the stuff others stress about is.

Newschool....lol first world problems

(in before being called a shill)
I only called one very obv guy out in this thread. But this thread was merged so? I might have thrown shillage around previously, anyways..I will refrain from doing so going forth.

The problem is Intertops has my property and will not give it back. Will not answer any questions.

I am not stressing anymore although I would have reason to?
newschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:53 AM   #94
VicVegas007
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 388
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

I'm sorry, but can you please repeat what your problem is? Thanks.
VicVegas007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:53 AM   #95
jamest
old hand
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,276
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

I really think you are just paranoid.
jamest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #96
murdahc
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,243
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by otatop View Post
Wow, hard to believe they wouldn't accept an ID with the photo and ID number blocked out..
Why do they need his photo and ID number tho? Not like he sent his picture in when they processed his credit card number or however he initially deposited. I mean what exactly are they comparing his photo to? The 16 digits of his Mastercard?
murdahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:59 AM   #97
newschool
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 288
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietRussia View Post
Nobody actually cares about your "problem", you're just an entertainment vessel.

Otaop nailed it when he said the reason you're having problems with your cash out is because you're a moron.
Since when do you speak for everyone? If YOU don't care fine, then you have nothing to add, go away. If your here for lulz then at least say something funny.

The reason I am having the problem is because Intertops broke their TOS by not providing full disclosure. Now they or you dbags are grasping at straws with name calling, its standard, or just do what your told cause we told you. Which is laughable.
newschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:01 AM   #98
newschool
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 288
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdahc View Post
Why do they need his photo and ID number tho? Not like he sent his picture in when they processed his credit card number or however he initially deposited. I mean what exactly are they comparing his photo to? The 16 digits of his Mastercard?
Thank you for pointing out the obvious. I used cash. They are verifying nothing. It's just the excuse for taking my money.
newschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:02 AM   #99
murdahc
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,243
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newschool View Post
Since when do you speak for everyone? If YOU don't care fine, then you have nothing to add, go away. If your here for lulz then at least say something funny.

The reason I am having the problem is because Intertops broke their TOS by not providing full disclosure. Now they or you dbags are grasping at straws with name calling, its standard, or just do what your told cause we told you. Which is laughable.
He sure as hell doesn't speak for me.
murdahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:10 AM   #100
newschool
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 288
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdahc View Post
He sure as hell doesn't speak for me.
+100000000000000000

Me either.
newschool is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive