Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #276
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,385
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newschool View Post
I asked Bobo Fett if I could send what I sent to Intertops. So he could act as a independent third party. He did not answer. I don't blame him either. Everything on the PP was visible except photo and pp#. As Bobo mentioned there is no addy on the pp.
Sorry, must've missed or forgotten this. I don't really see the point, though. Both you and Intertops agree that you sent a passport with picture and DOB blacked out, and I have no way of knowing if what you send me is what you sent them. The core issue doesn't seem to be a disagreement about what it was you sent, anyway...it seems to be about whether what you sent should be sufficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newschool View Post
SO I offered to send DL without photo and DL#. They refused this.
LOL, of course they did - it's just another altered ID. Did you actually expect anything different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newschool View Post
yes and I had to show in order to send. I have the receipt. SO you are agreeing that I have already been verified by an independent third party? And would have to be verified again to receive?
What a third party did is irrelevant.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #277
39suited
But it was suited
 
39suited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Teh Internetz (non US)
Posts: 8,189
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newschool View Post
IF I DID KNOW I WOULDN'T HAVE JOINED!! THIS IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE THREAD!!!!!!!
How long and at how many sites have you been playing poker for online? This is sooooo much standard, your stubbornness is beyond ridiculous. Just as a little FYI ... every site runs a similar ID verification, some are more strict than others and I'd rather trust those that take security serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
What a third party did is irrelevant.
According to this thread it doesn't matter to argue with newschool as he doesn't see the point at all.
39suited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #278
newschool
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 288
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39suited View Post
How long and at how many sites have you been playing poker for online? This is sooooo much standard, your stubbornness is beyond ridiculous. Just as a little FYI ... every site runs a similar ID verification, some are more strict than others and I'd rather trust those that take security serious.


According to this thread it doesn't matter to argue with newschool as he doesn't see the point at all.
I played 6 cashout of all. One asked me for photo and gov't #. Not standard IMO. I believe Bobo said he played 60 and 2 asked for it. It would be fine for them to ask for it as long as it's in the beginning with full disclosure. Then I could make my decision from there. The problem was they and others don't ask for this in the beginning, only when you cashout. Which is wrong.

What's to argue with? Are you saying my claim with receipt is illegitimate?
newschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #279
newschool
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 288
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
Sorry, must've missed or forgotten this. I don't really see the point, though. Both you and Intertops agree that you sent a passport with picture and DOB blacked out, and I have no way of knowing if what you send me is what you sent them. The core issue doesn't seem to be a disagreement about what it was you sent, anyway...it seems to be about whether what you sent should be sufficient.
Well I would have sent you the same email I sent them/w their reply. What else can I do? I have two forms of ID, no CC, no utilities in my name.

No I do not agree about the DOB. It was clearly visible. The photo and pp# was blocked out with cutouts from their mailer. This is why I wanted to send to you. So they couldn't say this. I could have forwarded to you with their email in it so you knew I sent to you both.
But like you said it prob doesn't matter. It would have just proved what I was saying was true.. again


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
LOL, of course they did - it's just another altered ID. Did you actually expect anything different?
Well their argument switched from I need photo and gov't #, to I didn't send something with addy, age. Like you pointed out a pp only has the state issued, name, and age. So I offered something with name, addy, age on one ID. So what is their reasoning now?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
What a third party did is irrelevant.
I don't think so. I think you say this because that third party proves I was already verified and would have to be verified again to receive. This is very important IMO. MG has nothing to gain or lose here.

Last edited by newschool; 01-24-2012 at 08:35 PM.
newschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #280
newschool
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 288
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

I was just thinking that even if I send in an unblocked ID. I still will not be able to cashout as I do not have a CC or utility in my name. This just reiterates how absurd their policy is. And why it is wrong to not disclose this in the beginning.

Any thoughts?
newschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:01 PM   #281
CaptainRunGood
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 206
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newschool View Post
I was just thinking that even if I send in an unblocked ID. I still will not be able to cashout as I do not have a CC or utility in my name. This just reiterates how absurd their policy is. And why it is wrong to not disclose this in the beginning.

Any thoughts?
LOL. You don't have a checking account, cell phone or ANYTHING?

Holy crap man, open up a checking account, send in your government ID and be done with it. You guys are ridiculous.
CaptainRunGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #282
otatop
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 12,727
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Are you the Unabomber?
otatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #283
newschool
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 288
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRunGood View Post
LOL. You don't have a checking account, cell phone or ANYTHING?

Holy crap man, open up a checking account, send in your government ID and be done with it. You guys are ridiculous.
I have a checking account. If this will settle this matter I will send the header. If you think this is ridiculous, then why are you here?
newschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #284
newschool
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 288
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by otatop View Post
Are you the Unabomber?
Why don't you tell me Columbo?? I am moving out of the country soon, so no need for these things now. But alas you caught me. The guy that did nothing wrong is now a underage, unabombing, ID making, fraudster. Why don't you add drug using, child eating, satan worshipper. lol Maybe then you can move on?

All just unfounded speculation from a paranoid wanna-be CSI agent. Thanks again for your input. Why your still here??? Guess you didn't get off enough, seeing me suffer. Lil freak you.

Last edited by newschool; 01-24-2012 at 10:26 PM.
newschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #285
otatop
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 12,727
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newschool View Post
Why don't you tell me Columbo?? I am moving out of the country soon, so no need for these things now. But alas you caught me. The guy that did nothing wrong is now a underage, unabombing, ID making, fraudster. Why don't you add drug using, child eating, satan worshipper. lol Maybe then you can move on?

All just unfounded speculation from a paranoid wanna-be CSI agent. Thanks again for your input. Why your still here??? Guess you didn't get off enough, seeing me suffer. Lil freak you.
Or it was like, a joke? I can't take this thread seriously when you continue to refer to your refusing to send in ID as "Intertops stole my money and REFUSES to return it to me!"
otatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:05 PM   #286
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,385
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newschool View Post
The problem was they and others don't ask for this in the beginning, only when you cashout. Which is wrong.
It's not ideal in some respects, but it makes a lot more sense for a couple of reasons. First of all, the sites and the players want depositing to be as simple as possible. The last thing anyone wants is a hurdle for the fish to get their money on the site.

And then there's the expense side of it. Take the % of players that will cash out, and then multiply by the % that the site will want to scrutinize, and I imagine you'll end up with a pretty small %. Increase that to 100%, and you're going to increase costs which might get passed on to players, and you probably increase CS response time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newschool View Post
Well their argument switched from I need photo and gov't #, to I didn't send something with addy, age. Like you pointed out a pp only has the state issued, name, and age. So I offered something with name, addy, age on one ID. So what is their reasoning now?
Probably that an altered ID is no ID at all, just like the altered passport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newschool View Post
I don't think so. I think you say this because that third party proves I was already verified and would have to be verified again to receive. This is very important IMO. MG has nothing to gain or lose here.
I say it because it should be pretty obvious that companies aren't going to automatically rely on other, unrelated companies' security measures.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:05 PM   #287
VicVegas007
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 388
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

The only reason you are suffering is because you are an idiot. It states in their TOS:

SECURITY CHECKS, REVIEWS AND RELEASES: INTERTOPS reserves the right to verify Your identity and the fidelity of the information You have supplied by making various security and ID checks. If You fail or refuse on request to comply and sign a security request from INTERTOPS, INTERTOPS reserves the right to void Your account.

and

1.1.6 Intertops reserves the right to close the account of any customer at its discretion, especially if no valid identification documents can be provided.

If you didn't read this then too bad for you. If you did read this and played there anyways then too bad for you. If you didn't understand what they meant and didn't ask any questions before signing up and sending them money, then too bad for you.

Because I don't agree with you I am sure you were find fault with this post.
VicVegas007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:44 PM   #288
newschool
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 288
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicVegas007 View Post
The only reason you are suffering is because you are an idiot. It states in their TOS:

SECURITY CHECKS, REVIEWS AND RELEASES: INTERTOPS reserves the right to verify Your identity and the fidelity of the information You have supplied by making various security and ID checks. If You fail or refuse on request to comply and sign a security request from INTERTOPS, INTERTOPS reserves the right to void Your account.

and

1.1.6 Intertops reserves the right to close the account of any customer at its discretion, especially if no valid identification documents can be provided.
I think you should read the TOS again. What does info you have provided mean? What does "various" security and ID checks mean? Are you saying this is clear and providing full disclosure? I study legalese and this sht is confusing and I am not the only one that thinks this. Sorry if all of us disagree with you.

And the second part just proves my earlier point that they reserve the right to take anyone's account for any reason. But then someone said I had no clue?? The reason they do not is it's more profitable not to. But they can and what if they did? What would you say then?? They have the right to, supposedly? It's in the TOS. You would say we all deserved it? To bad?
newschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:07 AM   #289
newschool
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 288
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
It's not ideal in some respects, but it makes a lot more sense for a couple of reasons. First of all, the sites and the players want depositing to be as simple as possible. The last thing anyone wants is a hurdle for the fish to get their money on the site.

I say it because it should be pretty obvious that companies aren't going to automatically rely on other, unrelated companies' security measures.
They could simply make it more clear. Not, info you provide and "various" ID checks. So that people like me can fully know what is "accepted." This is a hint to them just make it more clear. They don't have to change their policy. And like it was said most fish don't expect to cashout anyway. So it wouldn't slow up anything. Just make it clear!!!!

Like, you will have to provide ID in full (ie photo and #'s) along with utility...To proceed with any cashouts. Have this plastered on the signup page, in the beginning. Then we could make an informed decision based on full disclosure. This is not to much to ask.

And yes they shouldn't automatically rely on others, but in this one case they could take the whole of everything, into account.
newschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #290
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,385
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

It is possible that they are intentionally vague so as not to lock themselves into a particular form of ID/method of IDing, and so would be scammers won't be prepare for whatever is requested.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:41 AM   #291
Kittens
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,019
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

The terms are intentionally vague so that they can do what they like and their ass is still covered legally... fully standard
Kittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:42 AM   #292
newschool
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 288
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
It is possible that they are intentionally vague so as not to lock themselves into a particular form of ID/method of IDing, and so would be scammers won't be prepare for whatever is requested.
It is possible for lots of things. Pigs flying, easter bunny

I think we can all agree that it is vague and not providing full disclosure. For what reason? Up to the reader. I think that it was the legal dept. that made up the TOS. They made it vague because thats what lawyers do. And now you have a separate security dept. having to do their interpretation of the TOS.

With your suggestion about possible scammers. Scammers gonna scam. Providing full disclosure doesn't help or hurt them. IMO? I dunno?Im not a scammer.
newschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:44 AM   #293
newschool
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 288
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittens View Post
The terms are intentionally vague so that they can do what they like and their ass is still covered legally... fully standard
Or this
newschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:32 AM   #294
VicVegas007
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 388
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

If the TOS was so vague they why did you not get clarification before signing up?
VicVegas007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:21 AM   #295
newschool
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 288
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicVegas007 View Post
If the TOS was so vague they why did you not get clarification before signing up?
It is vague, I am not the only one that thinks this.

I took, info you supplied in the TOS, to mean just that. INFO YOU HAVE SUPPLIED. ie name, addy, email, age. Sorry if I didn't have your interpretation of the TOS.

Why not ask the questions. WHy don't they make this clear at sign up? Why don't they give my money back, now knowing what they know? Why are you still ITT?
newschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:20 AM   #296
Kittens
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,019
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

They don't make it clear at signup because they don't want to scare away fish.

They don't give you your money back because they've decided on their ID policy for whatever reason and are going to enforce it.

He's in this thread because he can't help but respond to your posts

Whether all of the above (or the first 2 anyway) are legal/ethical/moral/whatever is what we've been talking about, and is the reason this thread still exists (Obviously you're not going to make Intertops change their mind)
Kittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:38 AM   #297
newschool
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 288
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittens View Post
They don't make it clear at signup because they don't want to scare away fish.
OK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittens View Post
They don't give you your money back because they've decided on their ID policy for whatever reason and are going to enforce it.
Everything is negotiable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittens View Post
He's in this thread because he can't help but respond to your posts
Yeah but all he says is the same thing. I need to bend over because he does. And I am an idiot for not mind reading and being able to turn back time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittens View Post
Whether all of the above (or the first 2 anyway) are legal/ethical/moral/whatever is what we've been talking about, and is the reason this thread still exists (Obviously you're not going to make Intertops change their mind)
I think since they did not provide full disclosure and this is necessary for a contract to be valid. That it is Void ab initio, or void from the beginning. But since I can't take them to court and win. We are here. I think they will change their minds once it becomes cost prohibitive. Call me a dreamer

I have offered several different ways to 'verify,' even though I was 'verified' already, and they can't actually verify if I did. sigh.. They have offered, cause we say so, and because we can, even though we kinda told ya, but not really, Gotcha! Oh yeah and cause we say so, because we can. This is not acceptable. BUt you know this already.

This is an easy out for them. They should make it clear from now on. Say something like "We didn't realize there was a problem with the clarity of the cashout requirements in the TOS. After seeing the concerns of our customers. We have decided to change this, as we want to be as fair and transparent, to our customers, as possible." Trusted since 1996 "Furthermore, we have decided to make an exception and pay newschool his moneyz, having proven himself to be a honorable and respected member of the community, and is uber kewl, and punks otatops like no other." "Sorry for any inconvenience".

EZ...... GG, GL, GN

Last edited by newschool; 01-25-2012 at 05:44 AM.
newschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:44 AM   #298
Kittens
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,019
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

^ believe me, they're not going to - and you have no jurisdiction over them.

Perhaps you could put in a complaint to the licensing body they are registered under, that would be more productive than this thread
Kittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #299
VicVegas007
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 388
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newschool View Post
OK
Everything is negotiable.
Yeah but all he says is the same thing. I need to bend over because he does. And I am an idiot for not mind reading and being able to turn back time.
I think since they did not provide full disclosure and this is necessary for a contract to be valid. That it is Void ab initio, or void from the beginning. But since I can't take them to court and win. We are here. I think they will change their minds once it becomes cost prohibitive. Call me a dreamer

And you have been saying the same thing for 20 pages.

First you ***** and moan that it isn't in there TOS about ID, then when it is shown that it is in there TOS now you are saying it is to vague.


Again, if you didn't read the TOS before signing up then it's your fault.
If you read the TOS and were not sure what they meant but didn't ask questions then it's your fault.
If you read the TOS and didn't ask questions then it's your fault.

Next time don't give your money to someone unless you know all the terms. Even my 15 year old knows that.

I like to come and lmao at you.
VicVegas007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #300
newschool
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 288
Re: Intertops cashout issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicVegas007 View Post
And you have been saying the same thing for 20 pages.

First you ***** and moan that it isn't in there TOS about ID, then when it is shown that it is in there TOS now you are saying it is to vague.


Again, if you didn't read the TOS before signing up then it's your fault.
If you read the TOS and were not sure what they meant but didn't ask questions then it's your fault.
If you read the TOS and didn't ask questions then it's your fault.

Next time don't give your money to someone unless you know all the terms. Even my 15 year old knows that.

I like to come and lmao at you.
I had no questions. I took "info you provided" to mean what it says. How else could I interpret that? I had to give name, email, addy, age. I took various ID checks to mean, I had to show ID w/name, addy, age. I didn't think much of it as I never had any problems on any other site. I am sorry I took them for their word, my bad.

How can you LMAO at them taking/keeping my money against my will? Seriously? Whats so funny? I have the fing receipt!!You call me an idiot yet I proved everything I have said. All you do is call names and because they say so. Not everyone has your viewpoint.

If I could take them to court, I would win. And I substantiated it in contract law. You substantiated it in because they say, because they can.

I am reminded of that quote. First they came for the gypsy's but I was not gypsy. So I did not care.
Then they came for the Jews but I was not Jewish. So I did not care.
Then they came for the labor unions, but I was not in one of them. SO I did not care.
Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out.

So you never answered. If they have the right to take anyones account for any reason. As the TOS says. Would it be right for them to? What would that be called? WOuld we all just be SOL? Would we have deserved it?
newschool is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive