Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,444 34.94%
No 5,522 56.02%
Undecided 892 9.05%
Voters: 9858. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #1951
Username^^
veteran
 
Username^^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Reviewing hands in my dreams
Posts: 2,784
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
Just had a terrific hand on ipoker.

100NL

Hero 127$
Villain 115$

Hero Ad 8d

Flop 8 2 2

Turn 5

River 8

All in on river.

Villain shows 22 quads.

Rigged IMO.

For those of you who are gonna cry about one hand not being evidence well **** you and **** ipoker.

Earlier today

100NL

Hero J10

Flop

J 10 3

Allin on flop

Villain shows QQ

Turn 4

River 3

Rigged IMO

For those of you who say 2 hands dont mean anything well **** you and **** ipoker.

Username^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #1952
Username^^
veteran
 
Username^^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Reviewing hands in my dreams
Posts: 2,784
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

we have a discusion weeeeeeeeeeee .
Username^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:19 PM   #1953
SooperFish24
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,028
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username^^ View Post
we have a discusion weeeeeeeeeeee .
So where do you sand on this debate mate?

Dont get drawn into argument by arseholes like qpw, that his purpose here and when you argue with him its what he wants.
SooperFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:20 PM   #1954
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 7,233
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
So where do you sand on this debate mate?

Dont get drawn into argument by arseholes like qpw, that his purpose here and when you argue with him its what he wants.
Please do not use logic or "evidence" though as Sooper does not find those to be good qualities in a debate.
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:22 PM   #1955
Username^^
veteran
 
Username^^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Reviewing hands in my dreams
Posts: 2,784
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

i know man, i stang in the middle, i have no proof that its not rigged, and i have no proof that it is. So i am not sure, i just told my opinion, i told that on ft i cant get my ROI above 0% after 1000 games, when on pokerstars i have 12% ROI after 1000 games, i told that i saw big stacks moved into the same table on ft tournaments, and increased ammount of set ups on certain stages of tournaments. Thats my experience, but i have no evidence, and i never claimed that OP is rigged. I just think that it is not difficult to rig in such way, that noone could ever detect it.
Username^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:24 PM   #1956
Username^^
veteran
 
Username^^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Reviewing hands in my dreams
Posts: 2,784
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

And i dont like discussing with qpw either, coz hes an ignorant monkey. :-P
Username^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:35 PM   #1957
SooperFish24
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,028
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfFelt View Post
Please do not use logic or "evidence" though as Sooper does not find those to be good qualities in a debate.
Have you ever used a sentence without the word evidence.

I bet you hate watching the weather on TV because they dont give the evidence.
I bet you were a nightmare in church as a young lad screaming for evidence of God/Jesus.
I bet your teachers hated you as you demanded evidence for everything they said. Like the annoying brat who says "why" after every explanation.
Can you bear to watch or read the news when they dont present the evidence.

Your name should be "Evidence Boy".
SooperFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:40 PM   #1958
SooperFish24
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,028
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username^^ View Post
i know man, i stang in the middle, i have no proof that its not rigged, and i have no proof that it is. So i am not sure, i just told my opinion, i told that on ft i cant get my ROI above 0% after 1000 games, when on pokerstars i have 12% ROI after 1000 games, i told that i saw big stacks moved into the same table on ft tournaments, and increased ammount of set ups on certain stages of tournaments. Thats my experience, but i have no evidence, and i never claimed that OP is rigged. I just think that it is not difficult to rig in such way, that noone could ever detect it.
I know that feeling. Ive played massive amounts of SNGs on Stars and Party and cant tell you how often the big stack is gifted all ins and players making stupid mistakes getting rewarded. I think they started to rig the SNGs after it was apparent that many players were exploiting SNG strategy back in 2004-5 and making a shed load of cash. The sites stepped in to stop these players spoiling SNGs and hence lowering the sites profit from SNG fee s. Now with the best SNG stategy in the world its tough to show a profit in the lower level SNGs.
SooperFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:40 PM   #1959
Rounding4Rent
journeyman
 
Rounding4Rent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 234
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Well said, SooperFish.

They simply cannot comprehend the fact it's nearly impossible for the average player to obtain such resources to be considered credible evidence. And because there is none, then everyone is wrong. Half of the guys debating on behalf of online poker, i've noticed, dont have the slightest clue what they're talking about..
Rounding4Rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:41 PM   #1960
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,035
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username^^ View Post
i know man, i stang in the middle, i have no proof that its not rigged, and i have no proof that it is. So i am not sure, i just told my opinion, i told that on ft i cant get my ROI above 0% after 1000 games, when on pokerstars i have 12% ROI after 1000 games, i told that i saw big stacks moved into the same table on ft tournaments, and increased ammount of set ups on certain stages of tournaments. Thats my experience, but i have no evidence, and i never claimed that OP is rigged. I just think that it is not difficult to rig in such way, that noone could ever detect it.
There is a distinct chance that at best breaking even is about your potential. Just from a logic perspective it seems more likely then a massive conspiracy of complicated manipulations to keep you breaking even. Sometimes something is just as it seems to be.

You think it would be easy to rig it in a way that no one can catch because you have no concept of how to catch it. Others do. It would not be easy nor practical in any of the ways you suggest.


The stay in the middle routine is kind of funny. I wish I could find the old cartoon of the two dogs, the one huge one and the sidekick that is all excited and cannot stop talking just so he can get the attention of the big dog. Guess that behavior exists in people as well.

All the best.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:45 PM   #1961
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 7,233
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
Have you ever used a sentence without the word evidence.

I bet you hate watching the weather on TV because they dont give the evidence.
I bet you were a nightmare in church as a young lad screaming for evidence of God/Jesus.
I bet your teachers hated you as you demanded evidence for everything they said. Like the annoying brat who says "why" after every explanation.
Can you bear to watch or read the news when they dont present the evidence.

Your name should be "Evidence Boy".

Dude, you gotta stop trying with your analogies they aren't helping you look less rigtarded....

A) They do provide evidence for the weather such as satellite images that show warm fronts, cloud formations, wind levels etc. This is why weather predictions are determined by meteorologists who had to go to school to learn how to gather "evidence" to make these calls.

B) I didn't go to church, but religion relies on faith and that is a different debate.

C) Usually when my teachers were teaching me things they did show evidence of why it is so. What type of teachers did you have? Yikes.

D) Most newspapers need evidence of something before they print a story and they provide it. Unless you are talking about the National Enquirer or The Globe. I guess that's the type of papers you read.

DUCY you aren't helping yourself here?
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:48 PM   #1962
Rounding4Rent
journeyman
 
Rounding4Rent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 234
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

KingofFelt, you're still here?

Got your research done yet?
Rounding4Rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:50 PM   #1963
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,035
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
I know that feeling. Ive played massive amounts of SNGs on Stars and Party and cant tell you how often the big stack is gifted all ins and players making stupid mistakes getting rewarded.
What would you then say to the many believers that deeply believe that it is rigged so that the small stacks get way too much luck in the very same tournaments.

Fact is, you could have had that belief if you just say a few bad beats that went in the other direction to form the "hmm, something is wrong here" start of the chain.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
I think they started to rig the SNGs after it was apparent that many players were exploiting SNG strategy back in 2004-5 and making a shed load of cash. The sites stepped in to stop these players spoiling SNGs and hence lowering the sites profit from SNG fee s. Now with the best SNG stategy in the world its tough to show a profit in the lower level SNGs.
Sharkscope bodo15 OPR him as well.

A lot of players are just really really bad or really really good. That is why you will still to this day see great graphs and horrible ones.

Your made up theory does not match the reality of the world, if it did then everyone would have roughly break even sharkscope graphs.

I like a fun sexy conspiracy theory as much as the next one, but it should at least have reality either

- Match the theory in some way

- Have no way of being determined compared to the theory


Thus, when you say that they rig it to make everyone break even, then the problem is it is easy to see people every day who still win a ton and lose a ton, thus making your made up theory invalid even in the simplest way.

If you said it is rigged so that the secret lizard people win too much, then I cannot prove otherwise since I have no means of knowing who a hidden lizard person is and who is not.

At least that is what I was told to say.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:55 PM   #1964
Username^^
veteran
 
Username^^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Reviewing hands in my dreams
Posts: 2,784
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
There is a distinct chance that at best breaking even is about your potential. Just from a logic perspective it seems more likely then a massive conspiracy of complicated manipulations to keep you breaking even. Sometimes something is just as it seems to be.

You think it would be easy to rig it in a way that no one can catch because you have no concept of how to catch it. Others do. It would not be easy nor practical in any of the ways you suggest.


The stay in the middle routine is kind of funny. I wish I could find the old cartoon of the two dogs, the one huge one and the sidekick that is all excited and cannot stop talking just so he can get the attention of the big dog. Guess that behavior exists in people as well.

All the best.
I would say nothing about, but imagine me entering 12sngs. i get down to push or fold stage in almost all them. Then when i start pushing, i get like AK in the bb. Idiot limps, i push 11bbs he calls with KQ, flop 994 turn J and the river ofcourse 10. And after playing 100s of sngs you get your self to the point when he calls and after seeing a flop u are wondering the turn will be J or a 10.
Username^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #1965
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 7,233
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
KingofFelt, you're still here?

Got your research done yet?
You forgot...I don't think it is rigged. It is you that needs to do the research. Is that really hard to understand?

Edit: Oops, forgot I wasn't going to respond to you anymore. Please get back to me when you have provided any sort of insight into this debate. Also, you still haven't explained why your previous account(s) were banned.
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:03 PM   #1966
SooperFish24
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,028
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
What would you then say to the many believers that deeply believe that it is rigged so that the small stacks get way too much luck in the very same tournaments.

Fact is, you could have had that belief if you just say a few bad beats that went in the other direction to form the "hmm, something is wrong here" start of the chain.




Sharkscope bodo15 OPR him as well.

A lot of players are just really really bad or really really good. That is why you will still to this day see great graphs and horrible ones.

Your made up theory does not match the reality of the world, if it did then everyone would have roughly break even sharkscope graphs.

I like a fun sexy conspiracy theory as much as the next one, but it should at least have reality either

- Match the theory in some way

- Have no way of being determined compared to the theory


Thus, when you say that they rig it to make everyone break even, then the problem is it is easy to see people every day who still win a ton and lose a ton, thus making your made up theory invalid even in the simplest way.

If you said it is rigged so that the secret lizard people win too much, then I cannot prove otherwise since I have no means of knowing who a hidden lizard person is and who is not.

At least that is what I was told to say.
I have 18% ROI on party(11$-$33)
7% on stars(6.5$+)
15% on ipoker but a smaller sample than other 2.

Quote:
I like a fun sexy conspiracy theory as much as the next one, but it should at least have reality either
Theres nothing fun or sexy about feeling your being cheated by profit hungry online gambling companies mate.

For your first point Yes if the smaller stacks win too much but that wouldnt benefit a sites profit would it by prolonging the SNG.

Quote:
If you said it is rigged so that the secret lizard people win too much, then I cannot prove otherwise since I have no means of knowing who a hidden lizard person is and who is not.
seriously wtf are you talking about.
SooperFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:06 PM   #1967
SooperFish24
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,028
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfFelt View Post
You forgot...I don't think it is rigged. It is you that needs to do the research. Is that really hard to understand?

Edit: Oops, forgot I wasn't going to respond to you anymore. Please get back to me when you have provided any sort of insight into this debate. Also, you still haven't explained why your previous account(s) were banned.
OMG!OMG! You made a post without the word "Evidence".

well done Evidence Boy!

Thats what I call progress!
SooperFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:08 PM   #1968
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 7,233
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
OMG!OMG! You made a post without the word "Evidence".

well done Evidence Boy!

Thats what I call progress!
No stupid analogies! Good job!
























Oh, and evidence.
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:08 PM   #1969
SooperFish24
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,028
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username^^ View Post
I would say nothing about, but imagine me entering 12sngs. i get down to push or fold stage in almost all them. Then when i start pushing, i get like AK in the bb. Idiot limps, i push 11bbs he calls with KQ, flop 994 turn J and the river ofcourse 10. And after playing 100s of sngs you get your self to the point when he calls and after seeing a flop u are wondering the turn will be J or a 10.
I know that when playing live and I get it AIPF with say AK vs AQ-A2 I feel fine and confident of winning.

If I do the same in an SNG I get anxious and expect to see the opponent catch an out or str8/flush etc. Almost like I expect it.
SooperFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:10 PM   #1970
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 7,233
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
I know that when playing live and I get it AIPF with say AK vs AQ-A2 I feel fine and confident of winning.

If I do the same in an SNG I get anxious and expect to see the opponent catch an out or str8/flush etc. Almost like I expect it.
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:10 PM   #1971
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,035
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
I have 18% ROI on party(11$-$33)
7% on stars(6.5$+)
15% on ipoker but a smaller sample than other 2.
Then your everyone breaks even theory is invalid from your play alone.

I never made any claims about whether you are good or not, since it is not something that matters to me. All I am saying is if you make up a rigged theory based on memories, at least have it match the reality of the world. That's all.



Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
Theres nothing fun or sexy about feeling your being cheated by profit hungry online gambling companies mate.
Being paranoid about being cheated is common among people toward all things. Some people worry that their family is taking money from them secretly. Others the government. You chose online gambling companies.

The method and direction of your paranoia is your choice, though again it seems an odd belief structure to have if you are actually a winning player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
For your first point Yes if the smaller stacks win too much but that wouldnt benefit a sites profit would it by prolonging the SNG.
These are not my beliefs, but they are definite rigged beliefs some people have. Are you saying then that their belief as to how the site is rigged is incorrect? They say small stacks benefit because generally smaller stacks are weaker players so the site helps them out. They know it's true because they have seen it happen a lot.

Are you saying their rigged beliefs are completely wrong?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Username^^ View Post
I would say nothing about, but imagine me entering 12sngs. i get down to push or fold stage in almost all them. Then when i start pushing, i get like AK in the bb. Idiot limps, i push 11bbs he calls with KQ, flop 994 turn J and the river ofcourse 10. And after playing 100s of sngs you get your self to the point when he calls and after seeing a flop u are wondering the turn will be J or a 10.
Indeed this is common behavior. You expect bad luck to happen, and when it does it stands out extra in your mind and reinforces your belief that something is wrong.

When it does not happen you forget about it since it went as expected.

Basic use of selected memories. Very common behavior, nothing more.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #1972
DMoogle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DMoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern VA, USA
Posts: 7,131
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
OMG!OMG! You made a post without the word "Evidence".

well done Evidence Boy!

Thats what I call progress!
This is one of the stupidest things I've seen posted in this thread.

And that's obv saying a lot.
DMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:13 PM   #1973
SooperFish24
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,028
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfFelt View Post
No stupid analogies! Good job!























Oh, and evidence.
Oh dear you said the E word again. Never mind Evidence Boy, a man must walk before he can run. You made a post without the E word, its a start at least.
SooperFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:14 PM   #1974
Username^^
veteran
 
Username^^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Reviewing hands in my dreams
Posts: 2,784
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeee
Username^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:14 PM   #1975
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,337
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
Doubtful.
Took all of 3 posts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username^^ View Post
You having a fat ass doesnt mean that you are more than one. When have nothing else to say, you starting to post bull****. I think you need to see doctor, becouse you have some real mental health problems.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive