Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,444 34.94%
No 5,522 56.02%
Undecided 891 9.04%
Voters: 9857. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #1651
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

but what about the timing?
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:08 PM   #1652
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,337
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
I don't think Mark is, however I think your right on the money about QPW. That dude should be fired. He draws more suspicioun then anything...
...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
tk, while I don't think you're Stephen Meares (you could be, but I don't make accusations without proof), you certainly are exhibiting one of his most aggravating traits. You made a statement that seemed to imply you would be coming with some evidence, and then never did. You've been asked about it several times, and AFAIK have never even acknowledged the questions. So what's up?
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #1653
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
...
Come on Bobo, that guys is way outta line sometimes. I can understand totally that skilled players read these threads and could take offense. If online poker was rigged as a whole, then that's basicly telling all the skilled players that all their reading, researching and the hours they put into playing and learning the game, was for a fake system that made you think you were winning when in fact you were randomly selected for a "golden account." And I truely mean that b/c I can totally understand that standpoint and everybody else that comes to this thread, should recognize that as well. I want to make that clear. However, I cleary and many times asked QPW what his obsession was all about and directly asked him numerous times and his response was, " What does that matter?" Therefore my opinion is that it's probable that is infact QPW's reasoning for his outbursts. I wouldn't go as far to say that I know for a fact that he is and I'm going to prove it. I just wouldn't be suprised is all
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:36 PM   #1654
otatop
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 12,727
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
I wouldn't go as far to say that I know for a fact that he is and I'm going to prove it.
It's not as if it would make any difference if you did say this, since you'll never provide any proof and you'll ignore anyone reminding you that you said it.
otatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:28 PM   #1655
DMoogle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DMoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern VA, USA
Posts: 7,131
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Don't back down Bobo.
DMoogle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:15 AM   #1656
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,337
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Come on Bobo, that guys is way outta line sometimes. I can understand totally that skilled players read these threads and could take offense. If online poker was rigged as a whole, then that's basicly telling all the skilled players that all their reading, researching and the hours they put into playing and learning the game, was for a fake system that made you think you were winning when in fact you were randomly selected for a "golden account." And I truely mean that b/c I can totally understand that standpoint and everybody else that comes to this thread, should recognize that as well. I want to make that clear. However, I cleary and many times asked QPW what his obsession was all about and directly asked him numerous times and his response was, " What does that matter?" Therefore my opinion is that it's probable that is infact QPW's reasoning for his outbursts. I wouldn't go as far to say that I know for a fact that he is and I'm going to prove it. I just wouldn't be suprised is all
I wasn't actually commenting on qpw's post, or your reaction to it. For the last few posts, I've just been replying to your most recent post with the same post of mine since you've never acknowledged it. I'm not the only one who's been asking the question, which is when you're following up on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
okie dokie...you asked for it...be patient...it's comin...
So, what is it? When's it coming?

Also, you were asked about this claim and have never responded:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
I'm a shill for casino's? lol. First I was steven meeres, then I was some delusional rigtard, now I'm a shill for casino's? My unlce is in the United States House of Represenatives.
So who's your uncle?

As for qpw, I really don't know what the mystery is. This an Internet forum. There's lots of people here who argue about all sorts of things. There's a few people who take pleasure in arguing with the rigged theorists. I used to do it all the time too, but I just found it was too ****ing aggravating and try not to when possible. However, your avoidance of questions regarding your earlier post that seemed to imply you had some kind of proof coming brought me out of the woodwork for a bit.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:35 AM   #1657
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
Nothing I was just looking through my PT and remembered this shocker and thought Id post it.
You see, this is a perfect indication of why it's impossible to take you seriously.

There is no possible single hand history that should be a shocker to anyone with even the most rudimentary grasp of probability. (Barring 5 aces type anomalies. )
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:44 AM   #1658
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
However, I cleary and many times asked QPW what his obsession was all about and directly asked him numerous times and his response was, " What does that matter?"
Actually, my response was that the reason I (and you'll notice, in my absence many others took up the cudgel over the last few pages) keep responding to rigtard posts was because someone has to do it lest newbies arive and see all your lame-brained wittering sitting there unchallenged and get the idea there may be some justification for it.

It's also very amusing that both you and sooperfish have the ability to see your continual rigtard posting as 'fighting for truth and justice' but anyone who regularly responds to you is 'obsessed'. Yet another tactic of the hard of thinking everywhere.

Sort of:

I am tenacious.
Your are stubborn.
He is obsessive.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:52 AM   #1659
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
Anyone wana prop bet me that qpw hasnt posted 5+ times in a rigged thread for the last say 2 months, EVERY DAY?
You really are the most completely lame brained moron, aren't you?

The tools are here to easily determine that I haven't.

Yet you are so animal stupid that you pretend to offer a prop bet you will inevitably lose.

But in reality we know that you just post any old gibberish that comes to 'mind' (and I use the term loosely) with no intention of honouring any putative bet.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:02 AM   #1660
Username^^
veteran
 
Username^^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Reviewing hands in my dreams
Posts: 2,784
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
You really are the most completely lame brained moron, aren't you?

The tools are here to easily determine that I haven't.

Yet you are so animal stupid that you pretend to offer a prop bet you will inevitably lose.

But in reality we know that you just post any old gibberish that comes to 'mind' (and I use the term loosely) with no intention of honouring any putative bet.


Yes, and after he loses he will say that 2+2 is rigged.
Username^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:19 AM   #1661
SooperFish24
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,028
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

QPW

Do you ever have a day off qpw where you didnt post in a rigged thread? Ever?

Seriously I should look back through this thread and Ill probably find that you ve posted every day in a rigged thread or the like on 2+2 for months.

This would most likely mean that there are multiple users using your account qpw.

What do you do for a living? Poker Player? If so what sites do you use? SN?Graphs? post some of your hands? I dont think you can because you just sit here all day debunking what you call the rigtards and get paid for it?

Anyone wana prop bet me that qpw hasnt posted 5+ times in a rigged thread for the last say 2 months, EVERY DAY?

Go have a tea party with Markusgc. Im sure he ll bring some Ice Cream sandwiches and toy dinosaurs for you both to play with.

BTW Im not here that often before you try and turn this around saying that I work for casino s/Real Deal blah blah blah.
SooperFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:25 AM   #1662
SooperFish24
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,028
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
You see, this is a perfect indication of why it's impossible to take you seriously.

There is no possible single hand history that should be a shocker to anyone with even the most rudimentary grasp of probability. (Barring 5 aces type anomalies. )
The timing of the beat is whats suspicious. The Villain had lost a full buyin the previous hand and had been playing terribly, he said himself he was -10 buyins for that session. He played that hand about as bad as is possible but yet the 8s there for him.
SooperFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:56 AM   #1663
Wiki
Pooh-Bah
 
Wiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: [2,5]
Posts: 5,849
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
QPW

Do you ever have a day off qpw where you didnt post in a rigged thread? Ever?

Seriously I should look back through this thread and Ill probably find that you ve posted every day in a rigged thread or the like on 2+2 for months.

Anyone wana prop bet me that qpw hasnt posted 5+ times in a rigged thread for the last say 2 months, EVERY DAY?
Poor old sooperfish has completely lost it now!

Apart from repeating himself he doesn't seem to have picked up on the clue about tools that would demonstrate that he's lost his prop bet before it's taken.

Sooperfish, click on qpw at the side of a post, click on 'find more posts' and you can check the dates and see that you would lose your bet.

Repeating this nonsense when contrary information is easily available to you is not only stupid, it's dishonest.


Mods, I really dislike the idea of users asking for other users to be banned but this poster is quite deliberately taking the p. He continually repeats himself and ignores all evidence contrary to his absurd statements.
Wiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:23 AM   #1664
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,337
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki View Post
Poor old sooperfish has completely lost it now!

Apart from repeating himself he doesn't seem to have picked up on the clue about tools that would demonstrate that he's lost his prop bet before it's taken.

Sooperfish, click on qpw at the side of a post, click on 'find more posts' and you can check the dates and see that you would lose your bet.

Repeating this nonsense when contrary information is easily available to you is not only stupid, it's dishonest.


Mods, I really dislike the idea of users asking for other users to be banned but this poster is quite deliberately taking the p. He continually repeats himself and ignores all evidence contrary to his absurd statements.
No, he's changed it all up with this amazing revelation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
This would most likely mean that there are multiple users using your account qpw.
So of course it can never be disproved to his satisfaction.

The part about qpw not being able to play poker because he posts 5 times per day is pretty LOL as well. I think he can probably manage 5 posts and poker.

But you know what? If you guys don't like it, stop responding. Better yet, stop reading!

These stubborn rigged theorists who won't listen to reason are pointless to argue with. It always caused me no end of aggravation, so I stopped.

Edit to add: Oh, Rek's post just made me notice I misread Sooper's post. I assume SF means that he thinks qpw has multiple accounts, not the other way around as he stated. If he really means that he doesn't think qpw has more than one account (and that he's sharing it), of course his "prop bet" is an instant loss for him.

Last edited by Bobo Fett; 04-07-2009 at 07:33 AM.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:28 AM   #1665
Rek
HUZA 2008
 
Rek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,034
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
This would most likely mean that there are multiple users using your account qpw
What would make this thread even more hilarious was if this was true and the other user of qpw's account was a rigard themselves.
Rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:31 AM   #1666
Noir_Desir
veteran
 
Noir_Desir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: qui
Posts: 2,333
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
The timing of the beat is whats suspicious. The Villain had lost a full buyin the previous hand and had been playing terribly, he said himself he was -10 buyins for that session. He played that hand about as bad as is possible but yet the 8s there for him.
never thought it was possible, but that argument convinces me. Poker is rigged!
Noir_Desir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:33 AM   #1667
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rek View Post
What would make this thread even more hilarious was if this was true and the other user of qpw's account was a rigard themselves.
Yes, and we only make 5 posts a day because the rest of the time we are busy punching each other's lights out over whether the sites are rigged or not.

That and enjoying a nice plate of Ice Cream Sandwiches with mange tout dressing, Rodders.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:35 AM   #1668
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir_Desir View Post
never thought it was possible, but that argument convinces me. Poker is rigged!
Ahhh, I see what he's saying.

It's not that the RNG's rigged.

It's that the timing is.

It's all becoming clear now.

I'm begining to see patterns in my mind that would never show up in the stats.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:52 AM   #1669
Rek
HUZA 2008
 
Rek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,034
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
It's that the timing is.
It's all in the timing as the great man once said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenmeares
Wrong. Do I really have to go into this? My first post covered the meaning of "timing" i thought.



Key word expected outcomes... so your talking variance again. let me refer you back to my first post and the meaning of TIMING
Rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:59 AM   #1670
SooperFish24
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,028
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

QPW

Do you ever have a day off qpw where you didnt post in a rigged thread? Ever?

Seriously I should look back through this thread and Ill probably find that you ve posted every day in a rigged thread or the like on 2+2 for months.

This would most likely mean that there are multiple users using your account qpw.

What do you do for a living? Poker Player? If so what sites do you use? SN?Graphs? post some of your hands? I dont think you can because you just sit here all day debunking what you call the rigtards and get paid for it?

Go have a tea party with Markusgc. Im sure he ll bring some Ice Cream sandwiches and toy dinosaurs for you both to play with.

BTW Im not here that often before you try and turn this around saying that I work for casino s/Real Deal blah blah blah.

Withdrawn the prop bet question.

What s wrong qpw? cant answer the questions?
SooperFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:00 AM   #1671
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

^^^

'twas indeed he to whom I was alluding with that comment.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:07 AM   #1672
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
Do you ever have a day off qpw where you didnt post in a rigged thread? Ever?

Seriously I should look back through this thread and Ill probably find that you ve posted every day in a rigged thread or the like on 2+2 for months.
Someone has explained to you how you can answer the question above for yourself. (It's yes, BTW.)

Quote:
This would most likely mean that there are multiple users using your account qpw.
Well, leaving aside the fact that you are wrong about my rigtard-sceptic posting why would that be the case?

Can you not type every day?

Can you read without moving your lips?

Quote:
What do you do for a living? Poker Player? If so what sites do you use? SN?Graphs? post some of your hands?
This really isn't any of your business.

I'm unaware of any site rules that say we have to disclose information just to keep the rigtards happy.

Quote:
Go have a tea party with Markusgc. Im sure he ll bring some Ice Cream sandwiches and toy dinosaurs for you both to play with.
I'm always prepared to sit down with anyone who provides Ice Cream Sandwiches. Dinasaurs to play with are a welcome bonus.

Quote:
BTW Im not here that often
Yeah, right.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:28 AM   #1673
spadebidder
Actually Shows Proof
 
spadebidder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: This looks interesting.
Posts: 7,906
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

I knew we'd get back to the "timing" since it's much harder to get enough evidence to prove anything. We can cherry pick all sorts of events with suspicious "timing" but we can't easily gather stats on a large population with the same coincidental circumstances (like players down 10 buyins in a session per TK). It's like saying I was wearing a red shirt the last two times I lost on the river, so there must be a connection. You're leaving the realm of statistics and entering the realm of superstition with these timing theories.

I'd stick to patterns the mind can detect.
spadebidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:43 AM   #1674
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Somebody asked me before when I made a comment about people that think online poker is rigged might be mistaken and mislead to think that sites are cheating people, when in fact, it could very well be a large percent of players using illegal programs to cheat. But let's say somebody does have a program that can decode the rng's, or somebody does have super user capabilities. If I'm new to online poker and I'm sitting at a 9 man table and three of these players have these(hypothetical) programs. I'm probably going to lose in the worst of ways and think something extremely "funny" is going on. Again, I'm a new online player. Who am I going to blame? If I'm a winning "live player" I'm certainly not going to blame myself. If I bluffed off all my chips w/ 5 over cards and 4 suited cards on the board, have my all in called on the river by pocket 2's, to have a pair of dueces beat my bluff I'm not going to say wow that's a great call...I'm ignorantly and instinctively going to think the site is trying to take my money... This is a broad and hypothetical example...Does that not make sense?
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #1675
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

I just wanted to say for the record that I tried to work with you guys on a certain level and yes indeed I made references that I admit was a gross error in my personal judgement. It was also a mistake derived from ignorance to express my opinions and make references to the United States of America and their Inteligence and Security Agencies. I nor any member of my family have any interior or exterior security clearance that would deem me qualified to make the accusations and statements that I chose to make on my own free will. I apologize for any statements that I chose to make, on my own behalf, that would lead or influence any person or nation to digest anything that I stated as factual and documented information.
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive